Saved... Again.

The Light in the Dark [Discontinued Indefinitely]

 

[General POV]

The club was loud as the beats and rhythms shook the floor, as strobe lights flashed various, luminous colours. Sweating bodies grinded and moved with the music.

Hyoyeon was the DJ and bounced to the music, upping the atmosphere in the room.

Nicole was a bartender, serving the various customers that were already drunk out of their minds.

Jessica entered the club, quite impressed by the work. There were white leather seats and black tables in the lounge area. The dancefloor was huge and lights beamed from the floor, flashing and moving to the music. Jessica bobbed her head to the music. She wasn’t really into clubs but she was desperate to remove the image of that vampire that seemed to have left a deep impression in her mind.

“Jessica!” she heard a shout over the music and turned her head to see her cousin ushering her over to the bar.

She smiled. “Hey Nic! Nice place you got here!” 

Nicole returned the gesture. “Thanks! I couldn’t have done it without my lovely co-owner over there.” she said referring the DJ.

“I have to say, nice choice in outfit Jess! All the guys are drooling over you already!” Nicole teased and Jessica looked down at her outfit.

She was wearing a simple leather jacket that covered a blue silky dress that dropped just above her knee.

“I guess…” Jessica mumbled. She hadn’t really thought of the outfit and just put on whatever before coming.

“Hyo said that a friend of hers is coming over as well! I think her name was Choi—“ Nicole was cut off by a rude man demanding some drinks.

“Ah! Coming!” Nicole said. “I’ll catch you later Jess!”

Jessica grimaced as she was abandoned. She definitely felt weird about coming alone.

“Hey y…” a man came up to her at the bar. “Can I get you a drink?”

Jessica just backed away in disgust.

The man scoffed at her reaction. “Are you with someone?” he asked.

Jessica just ignored him, watching the dance floor.

“Want to dance?” he asked.

Jessica simply shrugged and headed towards the dance floor.

He smirked and followed her. Soon he was grinding his body on hers and she tried her best to keep a distance, but the guy didn’t let her.

He grabbed her hips and whispered close to her ear.

“You smell really good.” He commented.

Jessica froze. She heard those words before and they just brought back memories as she forcefully pushed the man away.

He was clutching his stomach and gave her a weird look. “I was just complimenting you, what’s wrong with you?” he asked recovering.

“I… I’m going to go get something to drink.” She quickly tried to make her way through the crowd, but the man grabbed her wrist and made her face him.

“I’m pretty thirsty myself… and you smell just intoxicating.” He said as he showed his fangs. Jessica whimpered and tried to break free but the moving crowd was too drunk and too immersed to notice this vampire about to attack her.

He grabbed her chin and made his way toward her neck.

“Back off buddy. She’s mine.” Jessica heard a voice, but she still had her eyes closed.

The guy growled. “Get your own!” 

In a flash, the man was holding his face, knees on the ground. "I said, back off! Hey, are you--" 

Jessica didn’t bother to see who her saviour was as she forcefully made her way through the crowd.

She heard Nicole calling after her, but she immediately ran outside. She panted.

“Damn, something smells good.” She heard another voice and saw a group of guys not far from her.

She froze again. What is going on?! She screamed to herself. She tried not to make eye-contact with the group.

“Hey you!” they called.

Too late.

They neared her and she was just frozen in her spot, unsure of what to do.

“I knew this club was gonna be good.” One of the guys smirked.

“Not bad on the eyes either…” another commented.

Jessica just wanted to leave. Clearly this was a very bad idea.

“You’re quite a magnet aren’t you?” a voice asked, startling Jessica.

It was dark out, and Jessica had a hard time seeing the figure.

“You guys better scram.” The figure threatened the boys who just gazed downward.

“Whatever, let’s go. There’s plenty more around anyway.” One of them scoffed as they walked away.

“Are you alright?” the figure asked Jessica who just stared blankly.

“Hello? Anyone home?” the figure asked waving its hand in her face.

Jessica broke out of her daze and looked up. Her eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets when she saw who it was.

“Y-Y-You!” was all she could say.

She chuckled. “Have you forgotten my name already?”

Jessica shook her head. “S-Sooyoung.”

Sooyoung smiled. “Why don’t we go inside for a bit?  It’s a little chilly out here.” Sooyoung suggested.

Jessica somehow was dazed about how familiar this sounded. “O-okay.” She agreed.

They went back inside, Sooyoung never letting go of Jessica’s hand. Jessica just stared at the floor.

“Yo Hyo! I’m going up to the room on the second level, can I have the key?” she asked.

“Sure thing!” Hyoyeon responded, not really paying attention.

“Thanks.”

The two headed into a quieter area away from the loud music and crowd.

Sooyoung closed the door behind her and led Jessica to the couch.

“Here, have some water… you look a little pale.” Sooyoung handed her a glass of water and Jessica gulped it down in one go.

“Why is this happening?” Jessica thought out loud.

“Your scent… to vampires is strangely… different.” Sooyoung explained scratching her head.

“What do you mean?” Jessica asked looking up at Sooyoung.

“Think of it as a fresh batch of cookies coming out from the oven... kind of like something that smells... fresh.” She continued, trying not to scare the poor girl.

“Great.” Jessica sighed, putting her face in her hands. She suddenly sat up and moved away from Sooyoung.

“Then why aren’t you attacking me?” she asked suspiciously.

Sooyoung chuckled. “Have you really forgotten already? I told you that I don’t bite.”

Jessica stared at her. Those violet eyes again. “Are you actually a vampire?”

Sooyoung shrugged. “I am… I just lost my craving for it.”

“Uh-huh.” There was an awkward silence and Jessica spoke up.

“Why did you save me…again?” she asked.

“I don’t know… you seemed distressed and I guess I just felt an impulse to help you.” Sooyoung answered, unsure of the answer herself.

Jessica grabbed another glass of water and chugged it down.

“I must really be dreaming… this isn’t happening.” Jessica began talking to herself. “I just want to live peacefully… none of this vampire nonsense.”

Sooyoung nodded. “I hear you there.”

Jessica sighed, grabbing another glass, chugging it down in one gulp.

After a few silence moments, she burst out in loud laughter, startling Sooyoung.

“Are you…okay?” Sooyoung asked.

Jessica just turned her head and grinned. “Have you always been so attractive?”

Sooyoung blushed a bit at her statement. “Uh… I guess.” Sooyoung said awkwardly.

“Hmm…. The lights in here are so pretty~” she gazed around the room.

Sooyoung noticed that Jessica’s behaviour was very odd and she went to inspect the glass that Jessica just drank.

She sniffed it and realized that it wasn’t water… but some strong vodka. “How did she take this down in one gulp? Did she even taste it?” Sooyoung thought as she glanced at the giggling girl.

Jessica was about to take another swig of ‘water’, but Sooyoung grabbed it from her immediately.

“Jessica, I think we should get you home…” Sooyoung suggested but Jessica simply looked at her and smiled at her.

“You’re eyes are so pretty~ I could stare at them all day~” she swooned and leaped on Sooyoung, pushing the two onto the couch, with Jessica on top of Sooyoung, staring at her seductively.

“So hot in here~” she mumbled as she took off her leather jacket, revealing her shoulders as the strap on her dress slid down her arm.

“JESSICA! SNAP OUT OF IT!” Sooyoung desperately tried to get the girl off of her, but Jessica stayed put.

Jessica giggled and leaned in. “Chu~” she said as she neared Sooyoung’s face the deep scent of alcohol in her breath.

Sooyoung shut her eyes and turned away. She opened them when she noticed the body on top of her slump over.

“Aish this girl… Why did I even bother helping you? This is just our second time meeting too!” Sooyoung asked Jessica as if she could hear her.

Sooyoung sighed as she lifted her up and placed her on her back.  

Jessica’s arms hung loosely over Sooyoung’s shoulders as she just sighed and carried the unconscious girl out of the room.

“Yo Sooyoung! Who’s that?” Hyoyeon asked as she neared the two.

“Uh… a friend. She had too much to drink, I’m just going to take her home.” Sooyoung explained.

“Oh…okay. No silly business right Soo?” Hyoyeon asked suspiciously

Sooyoung rolled her eyes. “I know better Hyo.”

 Hyoyeon smiled “I know Soo, I just like teasing you.”

“Such a Choding.. I’ll see you later!” Sooyoung walked by her and headed towards her car.

 Hyoyeon observed the girl on her back.

‘She seems familiar…’  Hyoyeon thought, but simply shrugged and walked off.

-----

[Sooyoung’s POV]

I carried the girl towards my car and set her on the passenger side.

“Okay, so if I can recall where she lived…” I mumbled to myself as I drove down the familiar streets.

“I’m sure it was here.” I said. I glanced over at the sleeping girl.

“Well don’t you look comfortable?” I mused myself and unbuckled her seatbelt. I got out of the car and pulled Jessica out.

I got to the front steps and knocked on the door. The lights were all off and there wasn’t a sound within the house.

“Guess no one’s home… does she have a key I wonder?” I asked myself and looked at the girl. I suddenly remember I left her jacket at the club and hit my forehead. They were probably in there.

“Aish!” I yelled out and walked back to my car. I sat her back in the front seat and closed the door.

“Why are you causing me all this trouble… I just wanted to help you and this is what I get.“ I sighed looking at the calm girl.

“I guess I’ll have to bring you to my place then.”

I started the car and made my way back to the house.

---------

Realizing how late it was, I quietly went to my bedroom and lay Jessica on the bed.

I stretched my limbs. “So tired…” I yawned.

I walked over to Jessica who still held a calm expression. “You’re pretty cute for a human...” I moved a piece of hair away from her face.

THUMP

My heart beat and I quickly moved away from the sleeping girl, holding my chest.

“What was that?” I wondered and just shook it off, leaving the room. 


HI FRIENDS! 

Sica already causing so much trouble for Soo xD Sica is sure a vampire magnet huh?

I just wanted to lighten the mood a little with this chapter lol 

Comments? 

See you all again soon :) 

~Rainey 

BONUS: 

Sunny is a ninja! O_O