Promises and Secrets

The Light in the Dark [Discontinued Indefinitely]

 

[General POV]

“They were attacked by a vampire.” Hyoyeon concluded.

Sooyoung just stood with a shocked expression, hoping she didn’t hear right. She took a seat and put her hands over her face.

‘Why? How could this happen?’

“But don’t worry! They’re okay! They just need some rest.” Hyoyeon quickly added, seeing Sooyoung’s devastated expression.

Sooyoung relaxed a little from the news that they were okay, but still was shocked on how they ended up here in the first place.

“I’m going to see them. Which room?” Sooyoung asked rather calmly.

“Uh… 8C but—“

Without letting her finish, Sooyoung stood up and started to make her way to the room.

“Wait, Soo!” Hyoyeon caught her arm. “I don’t think that’s a good idea right now.”

She furled her brows. “Why not?”

“I just don’t think you should see them when they’re in that condition. You should just wait a little—“

“I thought you said they were okay?” Sooyoung interrupted, her tone still calm, but stern.

“They are, its just…” Hyoyeon hesitated. In truth she was scared that Sooyoung would overreact. She knew how protective she was, and seeing them in this condition would surely throw her over.

“Just what?” Sooyoung asked, now slightly alarmed at her hesitation.

“Nothing… just control yourself…” she mumbled.

Without further interjection, Sooyoung pulled her arm away and began to walk towards the hospital room.

She reached the door and a doctor just walked out, startled at Sooyoung’s sudden presence.

“Are you here to see Mrs. Kim and Hwang?” he asked curiously.

She nodded. “How are they?”

He sighed. “They’ll be okay, Mrs. Kim suffered more physical damage, while Mrs. Hwang seems more in shock.” He explained.

“Do you know what happened?” Sooyoung asked, still fully unsure of the situation.

He grimaced. “It was a vampire attack… fifth time this month. Those bloody beasts.” He muttered, hatred and anger filled his tone. “They are very lucky to have escaped it.”

Sooyoung bit back her tongue as to not snap back. He was right, but he was also wrong. However, she was in no position to argue at the moment.

“May I see them?”

He cleared his throat and readjusted his coat, returning back to his professional manner. “Ah, yes. Of course. Sorry about that.”

“Don’t worry about it.” Was all she said before entering the room.

Tiffany was sitting on a chair beside Taeyeon’s bed, holding her hand tightly. The kids were also inside, Seohyun sitting on Tiffany’s lap, and Yoona at the end of the bed.

They all raised their heads to see Sooyoung at the door.

“Unnie!” Yoona cried, running over to Sooyoung and looked up at her. “Where have you been Unnie?” she asked innocently, unaware that it made Sooyoung feel guiltier about the situation.

“I’m sorry kiddo… I should have been there…” she patted the young girl’s head in a gentle comfort and made her way over to the bed.

“Sooyoung…” Tiffany smiled weakly at her. “Everything is fine, so you don’t have to worry okay?” she tried to assure the tall woman, knowing that she was blaming herself.

Sooyoung didn’t reply and only observed them.

Tiffany had light bruises and scratches on her arms and cheeks. You could tell she was exhausted, but she tried to show otherwise.

Taeyeon however, had many bandages wrapped around her arms, neck and around her back. Clear cuts and bruises also littered her small body with an oxygen mask over her nose and mouth.

Sooyoung walked closer, gently holding Taeyeon’s hand. It was cold and pale as hers. She could physically feel her chest sinking and throbbing. She couldn’t handle the sight.

‘It’s your fault.’

‘If you were with them, they wouldn’t be here.’

‘You’re pathetic. You can’t help anyone… you can only cause pain.’

Dark voices invaded and mocked her conscious as she held her palms to her face.

“Soo…”

She was still immersed in her own world. The voices loud and echoing as her eyes faintly began to glow.

“Sooyoung? Are you okay?” Tiffany asked, now worried.

Snapping out of it, Sooyoung looked up, lightly nodding her head.

“Y-yeah… sorry.”

Tiffany smiled and reached out, patting Sooyoung’s hand.

“It couldn’t have been helped...” Tiffany continued to assure the girl.

The vampire gave her a small smile and looked back at Taeyeon.

“I’m sorry...” she whispered inaudibly.

Seeing the restless child on her lap, Tiffany tapped the vampire’s hand. “Soo, can you take the kids home? They seem pretty tired.”

Sooyoung nodded her head. “Of course... let’s go.” She whispered to the half-asleep girl in her lap.

Yoona nodded absentmindedly, but just snuggled closer to the cold being and showed no sign of moving further.

She just sighed lightly, carrying the girl in one arm. She moved over to Tiffany, lifting the other sleepy girl in the other arm.

“Oof, they’re getting bigger huh?” Sooyoung chuckled and Tiffany nodded.

“They’re growing up fast.” She said nostalgically.

Sooyoung hesitated before walking through the door. She was scared of leaving the two alone again.

“We’ll be okay here.” Tiffany said, noticing her hesitance.

Sooyoung nodded and left with the two children in her arms.

“Sooyoung!” Hyoyeon called from the waiting area.

The tall girl quickly hushed her. “The kids are sleeping...”

Hyoyeon mouthed ‘Oh’ and lowered her voice to a whisper. “You okay Soo?”

The latter nodded. “I’m fine Hyo.... I’m just going to take them home.” She paused before continuing. “Sorry to burden you, but could you stay for a bit just in case anything comes up?”

“Of course.” Hyoyeon agreed. “Just take it easy Soo.”

------

They three of them were in the car and Sooyoung tried her best to focus on the road but her mind kept wandering into deep thought.

‘How could this have happened? No vampire in his or her right mind would attack someone in such a public place... let alone in broad daylight. Except one...’

“Yuri.” Sooyoung gripped the wheel tightly, her knuckles turning white.

“Unnie?” Yoona stirred in the passenger seat.  

Sooyoung loosened her grip upon hearing the small girl’s voice.

“Yes Yoon?” she asked gently.

“Umma’s are going to be okay right?” she asked innocently.

Sooyoung nodded. “Of course... your umma’s are strong, even stronger than me.” 

“No one is stronger than you Unnie! You’re the strongest Unnie I know!” Yoona instantly became lively and defensive.

Sooyoung chuckled lightly and ruffled the small girl’s hair.

“I’m not very strong as you think... but I will always protect you with whatever strength I have.” She said honestly, still focussed on the road.

“I love you Unnie...” Yoona mumbled before drifting back to sleep.

Sooyoung felt warmth spread through her chest. She suddenly recalling the promise she made to Tiffany.

“Promise that you’ll remain by their side and keep them safe.”

“I promise.” Sooyoung whispered taking a glance at the two girls in the car.

---------

[Amber’s POV]

I sat down on the sofa in the living room of my apartment watching T.V. I sighed in boredom as I swung my head back, resting it against the backrest.

“So bored...” I yawned, stretching my arms up over my head.

Krystal had left earlier saying that she had something to do. I didn’t bother questioning further and reluctantly let her go. I sighed, missing the warm presence of the cold princess.

Ironic, but she really did

My stomach growled and I went over to the kitchen, looking through the fridge.

Nothing.

“Aish... I guess I’ll order some take-out.” I whispered out loud.

“No need...” someone called from behind me and I swiftly turned startled by the foreign presence.

“H-hyuna?” I relaxed a little by the familiarity, but was still shocked at her sudden appearance. Then again, she had a knack for doing that.

She smirked and walked seductively towards me and leaned towards my ear.

“I thought your girlfriend would never leave.” She whispered into my ear and I took a step back.

“What do you want Hyuna?” I asked a little irritated by her intimacy.

She laughed and hopped up on the counter, swinging her legs over the edge.

“It’s not what I want, but what you want...” she gazed at me with that sharp eyes.

“I never called you...” I narrowed my eyes at her.

She playfully smirked and hopped off the counter. “I see the craving in your eyes Am... you need it.” she grabbed the kitchen knife and sliced a small cut across her forearm. The red liquid seeped from the wound. “Here I am offering it freely.”

I swallowed hard trying to ignore the impulse to devour her offering. Truth was, I had made a deal with Hyuna. It was her blood for my... services. The only reason I made the deal was because I didn’t want to hurt Krystal with my cravings. I mean, I am a vampire too, but I wasn’t like Sooyoung... I can’t go long without it.

“H-Hyuna I-I--” I stuttered trying to refuse her offer. I felt bad for doing this behind Krystal’s back but it was also for her safety. At least, that’s what I told myself.

Hyuna was getting impatient and walked closer, wiping some of the blood off with her other finger, pushing it to my lips.

I was frozen. The sensation and scent was too much and I couldn’t control it as I grabbed her arm and dug in.

I could hear Hyuna moan a little as I continued.

‘I’m doing this for Krystal.’ I tried to convince myself. 

---

Hello readers! 

So sorry for not updating. These past few weeks have just been so stressful and finals are coming up... aish... 

So for next update, do you want to focus on Soosica, Kryber or Yuri even? 

Comments/ Feedback are much appreciated! 

Until next time, 

~Rainey 

RANDOM BONUS: 

tumblr_maxgjsL7Zz1rcdmbfo1_500.gif

Dorky/Confused Taeyeon xD 

tumblr_ma3rloHfPP1rv5g9w.gif

"What do you expect?"  haha