Unexpected

The Light in the Dark [Discontinued Indefinitely]

 

[Taeyeon’s POV]

I sat in the living room watching T.V. with my two beautiful daughters. It was my turn to watch them while Tiffany went out to run errands. I loved them, but it was so exhausting trying to keep up, especially with Yoona. I swear, that girl could run two marathons back-to-back and barely break a sweat.

Usually Sooyoung would take care of them, but lately she has been going out a lot. I assume to visit that new friend of hers… Jessica was it?

I couldn’t deny how happy I was that she finally broke out a little instead of chaining herself at home, but at the same time it felt a little lonely. I guess this is what it feels like seeing your ‘child’ move on.

I smiled faintly while looking at the two girls sitting on the carpet who were staring blankly at the television. They really grow up so fast.

RING

I hear the doorbell and quickly get up to answer it.

“Fany-ah~” I whine childishly as I open the door.

“Tae, can you help me first, whine later?” she asked politely.

I sighed and grabbed the groceries from her hands.

“Thank you.” she smiled cutely.

Though we have been together for years, those smiling eyes never failed to make my heart flutter as the first time we met.

“Anything for you.” I respond cheesily.

“Aish, such a kid.” She pinched my nose and walked past me to the kitchen.

“Honey, taking care of the kids is so tiresome…” I continued to pout, setting down the groceries on the counter.

“Uh-huh… I think taking care of you is more tiring!” she teased, sticking out her tongue at me.

I frown and cross my arms over my chest.

“Is that so? Well I guess I’ll just leave you alone then.” I huff out and start to walk out of the room.

She grabs my wrist and I secretly smile as she responded exactly how I wanted her to. I spun around to face her.

“I was kidding… you know that I’ll never get tired taking care of you.” she whispered in my ear and I forced back the smile wanting to form on my lips.

Instead, I continued to play mad.

“Hmph, sure.” 

“I love you~” she cooed and leaned in, placing her lips lightly on mine.

I finally smile and kiss her back.

“Is it lunch time yet?!” We hear a small voice from behind us, breaking the kiss.

I glance down to see Yoona’s big doe-like eyes staring up at me expectantly.

“Sure thing kiddo.” I pat her head and unpack the groceries.

“Yay! Yoona’s hungry!” she bounced up and down cutely.

“You really need to control your hunger Unnie.” Seohyun scolded, following close behind.

Yoona just mocked her sister and skipped to the table. Seohyun, pushed up the bridge of her glasses and sat down at the table.

“What do you feel like?” I asked them.

“Salad.”

“HAMBURGERS!”

They both said instantaneously.

“Alright, salad for Seo, and hamburger for Yoon.” I smiled, turning around.

“Unnie, if you eat hamburgers, you’ll die.” Seohyun said coolly and I nearly fell over from her bluntness.

I turned back to see Yoona with wide eyes, tears forming. “U-U-Umma… she says I’m going to d-die.” she whimpered.

“She was just kidding Yoon, it’s okay, and you won’t die.” I assured her.

She sniffled and glared at her sister, who just remained redundant to the situation.

Tiffany gasped loudly, and I looked back to see her with a shocked expression.  

“What’s wrong?” I said rushing over to her.

She hit her head with her palm. “I forgot to buy dressing.”

I hit my forehead as well.

 “Yah! I thought something urgent happened!” I held my chest.

She giggled and pinched my cheeks. “You’re too cute~!”

I rubbed them and pouted.

“So do you want me to go get some?” I proposed.

She just shook her head. “No that’s okay, I can go get it, you just get the burgers ready okay?”

I nodded obediently.

“Good girl.” She pat my head before grabbing her keys. “I’ll be back soon!” she called out before swiftly making her exit.

“YOONA HUNGRY!!!!!!”

I look back at the girl who looked like she was ready to devour her placemat.

“Okay! Okay! Just wait!” I said, quickly trying to get the food prepared.

-------

[Tiffany’s POV]

I got in to the car and pulled off to the local grocery mart.

“Oh hello again, what brings you back?” the cashier asked heartily.

I nodded. “Yeah, I seemed to forget to buy dressing.” 

He chuckled. “Ah I see… well they’re just in aisle 2.”

I bowed, thanking him before examining the shelves. I felt a sudden chill and looked around. It was weird, almost eerie feeling. Almost like I was being watched.

I shook off the thoughts and quickly grabbed the dressing, going the front counter. To my surprise the cashier was no longer at the counter. I looked around curiously, peering over the counter.

To my horror there was the cashier, lying unconscious on the floor with blood seeping from his temple.

I wanted to scream, but a gruff hand caught my mouth before I could make a sound. I tried fighting back, flailing my arms and elbowing the unknown figure behind me. It held a strong grip on my body, but I managed to stomp down hard on its foot, forcing it to loosen its grip enough for me to break free.

With a hard thud, I fell to the ground, spinning around to meet two pearly, crimson eyes of a young male. His teeth were sharp and stained red from I assume previous victims. His gaze was inhuman and showed no sign of any soul within him.

I crawled backwards, still keeping my gaze on him.

He regained his composure, and looked more enraged than before. He lunged for me, and I used all the strength in my body to push his chest away from me as he pressed down on top of me.

“AAAAHHHHHH!”

I screamed out as my strength was failing me. He was merely inches from my neck.

“GET OFF HER!” A familiar voice boomed from behind him.

His expression changed to a pained one as something was smashed on his head.

I found an opening and rolled out from under him as he continued to hold the back of his head.

I look at my saviour, who was none other than my wife.

“TAE!” I shout, hugging her.

“Fany! Are you okay?” she asked frantically, checking my body.

I nodded. “Yeah but what are you doing here?“

She held up my pink wallet. “You forgot this.” She panted.

A low growl broke our reunion.

He was getting up, and this time, his eyes were no longer that bloody crimson, but solid black.

He howled before charging at his new target, Taeyeon.

“TAE!” I scream, but she pushes me away and he slams her against the checkout counter.

She yelled in pain, but fought back the berserk vampire regardless. He viciously clawed at her, as his nails dug into her skin, drawing blood.

I ran over, trying to pull him off, but he wouldn’t budge, he was solid as stone.

He wrapped his hand around Taeyeon’s neck, choking her as he cut off her airflow. I could only feebly attempt to force him off her.

CRASH

Just when all hope was lost, in a split second he flew across the store into a tall stack of cans.

Shocked, I turn to see another unfamiliar figure. A woman with a thin, but curvy body and jet black hair.

She had dark shades on, similar in style to the one’s we gave Sooyoung but sportier.

Breaking from my sudden trance, I rush over to Taeyeon’s side, to which she was very injured.

I look back to see the berserk vampire was trying to get up. He glared at her and was about to make a run at her.

“Watch out!” I shout but the woman merely smirked, dodging the vampire and grabbing his neck tightly and gruesomely snapped it. I turned away disgustedly.

He fell limply and she wiped her hands on her leather jacket.

“T-thank—“ I was about to thank the woman but she turned to me, cutting me off.

“Don’t get the wrong idea. I didn’t do it to save you. I would have let him finish his business, but he was simply getting out of hand and it would have been a bigger mess to clean up.” She coldly spat.

“Besides…” she stopped, glancing at Taeyeon. Instinctively, I hovered over Taeyeon protectively. “I can’t let you die…yet.” She whispered quietly.

I furled my brows in confusion. “What—“

Taeyeon began to cough vigorously, and I turned back to her frantically.

Supporting her, we stood up and I turned back to see the woman was gone, as was the attacker’s body.

‘Who was that?’ I thought curiously, recalling the cold woman.

I just shook my head. That wasn’t important, I needed to get Taeyeon to the hospital. 

~~~~~

I'm a horrible author :( These monthly updates must be frustrating huh?  *ashamed* 

I actually have a Midterm exam in about 30mins and instead of studying, I decided to update this xD #noregrets! 

No Soosica/Kryber in this one, but there will be next chap! 

Who is that mysterious woman? hm... It's probably super obvious, but Oh well~  xD 

Comments/Feedback appreciated! 

Until Next time, 

~Rainey :) 

RANDOM BONUS: 

Taeny are seriously like husband and wife x3