Chapter 17

The Light in the Dark [Discontinued Indefinitely]

 

A/N: Sorry this is so late... but here's a long chap to (hopefully) make up for it!  I had it planned for awhile, but just didn't have a chance to write it. Anyways, enjoy!



 

[Sooyoung’s POV]

We were all still sitting in the ice-cream shop, Yoona still devouring her cone happily, while Seohyun finished and only stared at her sister with a disgusted expression.

I look at Jessica who had remained pretty silent throughout the time we’ve been here.

I notice some fudge on her chin and couldn’t help but find it cute.

Instinctively, I grabbed a napkin and reached over, wiping it for her.

She lifted her eyes to meet mine, startled by my sudden action and we stared at each other for a brief moment. All went silent when we just continued to stare at each other, my hand still on her chin. Realizing the situation, I snapped back to reality.

“Y-you had some stuff on your c-chin...” I quickly explain and retreat away.

She blushed a bit and lowered her head. “T-thanks.”

“UNNIE! I’m done! Can we visit Ummas now??” Yoona asked excitedly.

I smiled and nodded. “Of course. They probably want to see you girls too. ”

I look back a Jessica who had a curious expression on her face.

“Tiffany and Taeyeon are in the hospital right now.” I explain, reading her obvious expression.

She furled her brows. “Are they okay? What happened?” she asked, now concerned.

“They’re okay, but...they... were attacked.” I bit my lip and lowered my head, trying to suppress the negative thoughts and guilt that seemed to have been following me since yesterday.

I felt a warm hand over mine and looked up to meet a soft gaze from the girl sitting across from me.

I returned the smile. “Thanks.”

“UNNIE! LET’S GO!!” Yoona jumped on me and began to whine.

I chuckled at her. “Okay, okay! Do you want to come Jessica? I’ll give you a ride home afterwards.” I offered.

“Would that be okay? I wouldn’t want to uh... intrude.” She scratched her head awkwardly.

I shook my head. “Don’t be silly, I’m sure they’d like to see you again.”

She hesitated for a moment before nodding. “Okay.”

I grinned, not sure why I felt so happy.

 

----

 

Leaving the store, we went towards my car and I turned to Jessica who trailed behind, holding a couple bags of her groceries.

“Do you have your car here?” I questioned.

She shook her head. “No, I walked... my house isn’t far from here.” she explained, pointing in the general direction of her house.

“Oh alright.” I glanced down at her bags and reached for them. “Here, let me help.”

She pulled away slightly, refusing. “No it’s okay, I’m fine.” 

I insisted, forcefully taking the bags. “I insist.” I grinned.

She reluctantly let go and sighed. “Fine by me then...”

I chuckled and we proceeded to the car, Seohyun and Yoona getting into the back and Jessica going around to the front.

I went around to the trunk, putting the groceries inside. When I closed it, I noticed Jessica with the passenger door open with a not so pleasant expression while looking inside.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, worried I might have left something weird in the front seat.

She just pointed to the seat and I looked inside to see none other than Yoona sitting

“Yoona, you’ll need to sit in the back so Sica can sit there okay?” I tried to reason with the small child, knowing very well how stubborn she was.

“But I want to sit next to Soo-unnie!” she pouted, crossing her arms.

I sighed. “Yoona please...”

She just lowered her head and jumped into the back seat, sulking beside her calm sister.

Jessica sat in the passenger seat and glanced in the backseat smirking.

I took a seat in the driver side and started up the car.

“Uh... Sica?” she suddenly asked and I looked at her confused and then remembered blurting that out.

“O-oh... sorry. It just kind of came out.” I apologize, hoping that I didn’t make it awkward between us. 

She shook her head. “No, it’s fine... j-just caught me off guard.”

I let out a breath of relief glad that she didn’t seem to mind it. Besides, we’re kind of close now right?

 

-----

 

We made it to the hospital and Yoona and Seohyun bolted towards the ward where their parents were.

“Hey slow down!”

I chased after them, but not forgetting Jessica who trailed behind, walking calmly. She gave acknowledgment that she was following and I nodded, turning to chase the two girls, in particular Yoona who was bumping past nurses, nearly knocking them over.

‘Aish that little rascal...’ I smile and finally catch up, carrying them under both of my arms and apologized to some of the nurses on the way.

“Ah! Unnie~!” she giggled as I carried her and Seohyun down the hall.

Jessica also caught up and stared at me with an amused grin.

“They’re quite a handful huh?” she asked.

I nodded. “But nothing I can’t handle.”

We made our way to the room where Fany and Tae were staying.

“Okay, behave now. Your ummas are—“ I was cut off by Yoona wriggling from my grip and bursting into the room, completely ignoring my words.

“UMMA!” she screamed and hopped on Taeyeon’s bed. Taeyeon chuckled as she gently held the girl in her bandaged arms.

Seohyun on the other hand, calmly made her way to Tiffany, who was sitting on the edge of her bed, and hopped on her lap, giving her a hug.

“Umma...” she softly whispered.

I smiled at the sight, but still burdened that they were here in the first place. Well at least they seemed to be recovering well.

“Oh Sooyoung-ah, you brought your friend.” Taeyeon exclaimed, looking towards the door.

I turned to see Jessica peaking into the room shyly. I smiled and took her hand, pulling her inside.

“Don’t be shy.” I whispered and we went closer, pulling up two chairs next to the injured women.

“So, how are you feeling?” I asked in a concerned tone.

“Much better now that I get to see all of your lovely faces.” Taeyeon gave a dorky grin.

I shook my head. Even in her condition, she still hasn’t changed.

“Oh, so cheesy...” Tiffany giggled. “So Jessica, how have you been?” she continued.

Jessica seemed to have awoken from dozing off and turned to her. “Uh, I’m fine... I’m glad to see that you are okay.” she answered softly.

The mood seemed to have gone cold, silent and very awkward after she replied.

I coughed awkwardly, scratching the back of my head, not really sure what to talk about.

“So...  did you two have any plans today?” Taeyeon asked, seemingly implying something.

“Uh... well I was just going to take Sica home after...” I answered and Taeyeon grinned suggestively.

“Oh? Is that it?”

It finally clicked.

 “Most definitely NOT what you thinking! You Byuntae!” I accused, shooting my hand towards her.

She laughed loudly and the mood lightened again.

“What are you thinking Umma?” Yoona asked innocently.

Taeyeon shook her head. “Nothing... I just thought they were going to have a sleepover.” She winked.

“Yah!” I continued embarrassedly.

Jessica also seemed flustered by her words and blushed.

“Okay, stop it now Tae... that’s going a bit far.” Tiffany scolded and Taeyeon pouted at her wife.

“What’s wrong with a sleepover?” Seohyun now joined in.

“What? YOONA WANTS A SLEEPOVER!” Yoona shouted excitedly and merely facepalmed at the situation.

“You’re going to corrupt these innocent children Tae...” 

She just shrugged and raised her hands innocently. “I don’t know what you’re talking about...”

“Wait, so there isn’t a sleepover?” Yoona pouted and lightly shook her Taeyeon trying to get answers.

“Aish...” I sighed and turned to Jessica. “Sorry about them.” I apologized and she shook her head.

“No, it’s fine... they’re actually pretty funny.” She smiled brightly.

At that moment I felt my throat hitch as she did. It was like there was nothing else in the room but her. An unfamiliar, warm sensation spread through my chest. Wait, I think I felt this before... heartburn? I shook my head. I caught myself staring and quickly turned away, but Tiffany caught it and ‘zipped’ her lips while winking.

I lowered my head to not meet her gaze.

Jessica’s phone went off and I peered at her curiously. Her brows furled and her expression changed into an alarmed one. I wondered what was wrong.

She pressed some buttons and put her phone back into her pocket, turning her attention to me.

“I’m sorry, but can you take me home now?” she asked almost pleadingly.

I nodded. Something must have been wrong.

“Sorry, I need to go drop Jessica off at home... uh...” I stopped, glancing at the two kids.

“They’ll be okay here. You go ahead.” Tiffany smiled as she cuddled Seohyun on her lap and Taeyeon was still busy with Yoona, trying to explain the ‘sleepover’ situation.

I bowed and thanked them. “I’ll be back...”

Jessica was already at the door, but bid a silent farewell before walking off.

I followed suit, surprised by her sudden urgency.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, trying to get some answers.

She sighed. “I’m not quite sure yet.”

I nodded, not wanting to push any further.

 

-------

 

We were on our way to her house and she was tapping her fingers on her lap.

“Are you okay?” I was little curious as I’ve never seen her this nervous besides the time I saved her from Yuri.

She shook her head. “It’s just... Krystal.”

“What—“

She cut me off.

“She sent me a message asking for me to come home,” she glanced down at her phone before continuing. “She never says that unless it’s important.”

I nodded and continued driving, picking up the speed a little.

“I’m probably overreacting huh?” she chuckled lightly after a few minutes, but I could tell that she was just trying to mask her worry.

“Not at all. You’re her sister. You have every right to be worried... it just shows how much you care.” I reply sincerely and she nods seemingly more relaxed.

I pull up next to the familiar house and turn to her.

“Do you want me to come with you?”

She hesitates. “Well you need to head back to the hospital right?”

I shake my head. “I’m not in a hurry.” I don’t know why I was being so insistent, but I didn’t really want to leave her like this.

“Well... alright then.” She agrees and I follow her inside the house.

All the lights were turned off. It was almost pitch black except for the faint light coming from the windows.

Of course it wasn’t a problem for me, but Jessica was having a hard time trying to navigate towards the light switch.

“Aish, why is it so dark?” I could hear her mumble.

I chuckled softly and reach for the switch, but at the same time she reached her hand out over mine as we flipped the switch.

Her hand felt so warm as a strange, rippling sensation went through my body from her touch.

“U-unnie...” a soft, weak voice called out, breaking our small trance.

Jessica pulled away immediately and turned to her sister who was wrapped tightly in a blanket with red, puffy eyes. Without hesitation, Jessica reached out, hugging her sibling.

“What’s wrong? What happened?” she instigated, still hugging the younger, yet taller girl.

“A-amber...” she began and my eyes widened. What did that idiot do?

“What? What did she do?” Jessica pulled away, looking the girl in her eyes. 

“We were supposed to h-have dinner t-tonight that w-we planned for weeks. B-but she cancelled last minute...” Krystal explained while sniffling and clearly trying to fight back her tears.

Jessica narrowed her eyes. “Why would she do that?”

Krystal heaved a heavy sigh. “When s-she answered her phone... I heard a female voice and went in the other room to finish the conversation. When she came out... she said she had something else to do and didn’t even give me a good reason.” She bit her lip. “I-I think she’s c-cheating on me.” She concluded before bursting into tears.

A dark and cold aura began to revolve around Jessica, as she looked outraged and ready to explode.

“That brat’s got nerve! I’m going to kill her! NO ONE MESSES WITH THE JUNGS.” She began and made her way to the door.

I shiver at her coldness, but quickly stop her by putting my back to the door.

“Wait, don’t be rash about this.”

“YOU!” she shouted at me, causing me to jump a little. “You’re her friend right? Why did she blow off my sister huh?” she harshly poked my chest with her forefinger.

 I gulped. This girl was seriously scary. “I-I don’t know, but I know that she cares for Krystal very much and wouldn’t do this without a good reason.” I explain hastily.

“What makes you so sure?” Jessica backs off a little, but still on the offensive.

“She’s very loyal and this kind of thing is definitely out of character. Just don’t jump to conclusions.” I say a little more calmly now.

Knowing Amber, she wouldn’t betray someone she loves so mindlessly. Something was definitely up, and I was determined to find out.

Jessica doesn’t seem convinced, but backs off towards her sister.

“Fine... but she will definitely pay for hurting my sister.” She spat icily.

I nod and try to shake the goosebumps on my arms.

‘What are you doing Amber?’

 

------ Later that evening----

 

[Amber’s POV]

I wait inside my car outside of an all too familiar club, waiting for her to show up.

I hated this. Ever since that incident with Krystal this afternoon, I couldn’t stop thinking about her. I probably hurt her a lot... but I couldn’t tell her the truth because surely it would only hurt her more. I won’t let her see the true cold-blooded monster I am. I couldn’t...

“Hey baby~” I could hear that irritating voice that started all this.

“DON’T call me that.” I scowl and get out of the car.

 She giggled and latched herself to my arm. I try to wiggle away but she just holds on tighter and I eventually give up.

“Let’s get this over with.” I grumble and was about to walk inside when I remembered something.

“Oh wait, my glasses.” I try to go back to my car, but Hyuna holds me back.

“It’s fine... it’s dark, and people are too drunk to notice.” She explains and pulls me inside much to my reluctance.

The heavy sound of upbeat music and thick scent of alcohol crowds my senses as I try my best to ignore the lustful stares and glimpses of those around me.

Hyuna eventually leads me to a back room, guarded by two thick security guards.

“Hey boys, I have some business with Yunho.” She winked at them.

The two men exchanged glances and one of them went into the back room.

Meanwhile, this girl followed me and was trying to dance with me, while being far to close for my liking. I tried my best to ignore it, but she began to touch me in places that were definitely crossing the line.

I forcefully grab her wrist and turn to her. She was clearly drunk and had a wide grin on her face.

“So rough... I don’t mind baby.” She sputtered out and winked.

I let go of her disgustedly and turn back to Hyuna who had an amused grin on her face.

“Aren’t you a charmer?”

I just roll my eyes, and don’t bother to reply when the guard finally returned and nodded, letting us through.

The girl again, tried to follow but the guard forced her away much to my relief.

We entered a room with dimmed lights and a much more luxurious interior than that of the club. It was also a lot quieter, but the musky scent of alcohol and sweat still managed to leak inside much to my grief.

A man was sitting on a large, leather couch with a collared shirt only buttoned a third of the way and two girls at his side, cuddled next to him, their heads on his chest.

‘Typical player.’ I thought as we neared.

“Well, well, what do we got here?” he said, pulling away from the girls and sitting straight.  “It’s been a little while. Care for a drink?” he offered.

“Cut the crap Yunho, I believe you know why I’m here.” Hyuna narrowed her gaze at the man.

Yunho raised his brow. “Hmm? I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Hyuna made her way closer to him. “Don’t pretend. Now kindly give me the money you owe me so we can move on.”

Yunho smirked and laughed loudly. “I owe you nothing.”

Hyuna’s gaze sharpened. “Stop acting all high and mighty. Now pay up.” She spat.

He continued to smirk and snapped his fingers. Suddenly more guards appeared and he chuckled, standing up.

“Fine, if you want it... you’ll have to earn it.”

Hyuna sighed calmly. “Amber baby, if will please deal with these idiots.”

I gritted my teeth at her consistent use of the nickname but nodded nonetheless.

I turned as they charged at us. I simply grabbed the arm of the first guy and twisted it, and kicked him hard in the ribs. He screamed in pain and fell to the floor.

The second guy tried to make a hit, but I dodged it and swept my leg underneath his feet, causing him to fall backwards on the floor and groan painfully. I hop onto him and punch him out.

Before I could stand, another one tackled me and he punched me hard in the cheek. That was going to hurt in the morning.

I grab for his neck and begin to choke him. He tries to pry my hands off his neck but fails and unconsciously falls to the floor. I swiftly stand up and charge towards the last guard who looked frightened out of his mind.

“V-vamp...” he stuttered when I met him face to face. I could see myself in the reflection of his eyes. My eyes were burning red as I threw him harshly against the wall. He merely took it and fell among his comrades.

“Bravo... you got one more challenge.” Yunho snapped his fingers again.

A much larger man appeared, cracking his knuckles. He must have been nearly 7 ft tall with massive biceps and veins popping out.

I sighed deeply at my opponent. This really wasn’t my night.

“Come on tiny!” he ushered me over and I had no choice but to make my attack as I swiftly appeared behind him, grabbing onto his back. It was like grabbing stone, he was solid and I could hardly get a grip before he grabbed my shoulders, easily flinging me towards the wall.

I braced myself, trying to reduce the impact but it still hurt like hell.

Slowly standing up, I rub my shoulder lightly, shaking off the tingly, aching feeling. No more playing around, I needed to get this over with.

I narrowed my eyes and my vision became red. I could hear everyone’s heartbeat clearly and see the veins pumping.

I charge at him again, this time underneath his beefy legs and jabbing hard into the bottom of his spine, slightly paralyzing him. What was this guy on though? It almost felt like my fingers were going to break.

“Argh!” he yelped, trying to reach for me, but I dodge him and hop onto his back again, but this time, unleashing my fangs into his thick neck.

He put up a fight, trying to yank and beat me off, but I clung on before he finally became weak and fell to the floor with a loud thud.

I wiped my mouth and spit out some remaining blood from my mouth. It tasted disgusting, that guy had far too many steroids.

*Clap *Clap *Clap

We could hear a loud clapping coming from none other than Yunho who seemed impressed. I would probably feel proud myself, hadn’t it been for the reason that I was here in the first place.

“Wow, that was quite a show. I wasn’t expecting you to recruit a vampire. A skilled one at that.” He complimented. I merely snarled and was just eager to leave.

Hyuna smirked and walked towards him. “So are you ready to pay up now?” she asked calmly, holding out her hand.

He nodded, taking out a large wad of bills, tossing it at her.

Hyuna briefly leafed through the bills before giving a satisfied grin.

“Alright I got what I wanted, let’s go babe.” She brushed past me and out towards the front.

I was about to follow when Yunho spoke again.

“You! Vampire girl.” He called.

“What?” I reluctantly turned to him.

“If you ever get tired of serving that sl*t, I’ll be here with open arms.” He offered, still that sly grin on his face.

I scoff and roll my eyes. I’m definitely not getting myself into anything more. I already had enough on my plate as it was.

I left without a word and follow Hyuna out to my car. I get in and Hyuna stands outside my window, leaning in.

“Thanks for coming babe.” Hyuna winked.

“Yeah, whatever.” I grumble, far too tired to deal with her crap.

I suddenly feel her hand on my cheek and I slap it away. “Don’t touch me.” I narrow my eyes at her.

“Awh, but you have a little bruise there.” She pouted cutely. Well not so cutely in my eyes.

“I know that. Now can you kindly get away from the car?” I asked rather impatiently.

“Fine, but here." Hyuna reached into her bag, offering me a large wad of bills.

I eyed it suspiciously.

"Why?" She never really gave me anything other than her blood.

"A little thank you present." Hyuna replies, smiling kindly. It was kind of freaking me out.

I pushed it away and focussed on the wheel.

"I don't want your filthy money.” I scowl, wishing she’d just leave me alone.

“Oh come on... you might need it to win back your precious little girlfriend.” She said in almost a mocking manner.

I grit my teeth and start up the car. “Just leave me alone.” I state coldly before driving off abruptly, causing her to fall backwards onto the ground.

I smirk victoriously but immediately frown the situation at hand... Krystal.

It’s going to take a lot more than some money to win her forgiveness.

I glance at a photo of us hanging from my rear-view mirror. 

“Please forgive me Krys... you’re everything I have.” I softly whisper, stepping on the pedal and speeding down the empty street.



 

Hey Readers~! 

This chapter didn't turn out as well as I planned, but I hope you like it :) 

So will Krystal forgive Amber? Or will Sica kill her first? lol Stay tuned~ :P 

Comments/Feedback are much appreciated!

Until next time~

~Rainey :) 

RANDOM BONUS: 

FIRST, CONGRATS TO SOSHI FOR THEIR WIN! They really deserve it~! Right now it's Snsd~ :D 

 

Dorky Leader xD 

 

Ahhh Dorky Soshi... how you make my life complete <3