Great Date, Bad News

The Light in the Dark [Discontinued Indefinitely]

 

[Sooyoung’s POV]

I was waiting on a bench outside for Jessica and Krystal while they were inside a fairly high class, girly clothing store. Though I was well conscious of my fashion sense, never have I shopped with anyone before and I found it rather awkward so I just decided to wait outside. Not to mention that we came here for gifts for Amber, but I doubted that they were shopping for that in there.

Taking in a deep sigh, I glance at my watch. It was just before noon and I was certainly craving something to eat. I took a glance through the window to see the two sisters shopping happily like two best friends, picking out various items to try on. It was rather interesting observing them. Their laughter, their smiles their constant search for opinions on a particular item.

‘That must be happiness’ I thought grimly.

“Hey there beautiful.” I heard someone call me. I look up to meet a young looking man, his hair short and spiked.

“Uh yes?” I answer and he smiles widely, taking a seat beside me.

“What are you doing here all by yourself?” he asked, advancing towards me, forcing me to slide away further on the bench.

“I’m waiting for someone.” I answer bluntly, realizing he was clearly trying to pick me up.

“Oh? For who? Not your boyfriend right?” he asked, now inches from me.

Rolling my eyes behind my glasses, I rest my chin on my palm and don’t answer him.

He seemed a little agitated at my response and got up, standing in front of me.

“Hey! You got some nerve to ignore me.” He snarled.

I smirked playfully and looked up at him.

“You have more nerve to go for something far out of your league.” I wittily reply.

He scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest, purposely showing off his muscles.

“Do you know who I am?” he growled.

I raise my chin and exaggerated a thinking gesture. “Let me see, you’re a guy whose ego was just severely damaged by my blunt rejection.” I teased.

He clenched his jaw and his fists.

“Why I outta—“

“SOOYOUNG!” A loud voice called from the store.

I smiled, standing up and meeting his eyes.

“I’d calm down before your ego completely crumbles to dust.” I whispered, patting his shoulder, and made my way towards Jessica and Krystal.

“Oh there you are Sooyoung, what are you—watch out!” Jessica shrieked and I spun quickly, and only using half my strength, I knocked the guy in the jaw, straight to the ground.

He fell hard and showed no sign of getting up anytime soon. I cracked my knuckles, and turned back around with a satisfied smile.

Jessica and Krystal both just stared at me with their jaws hung low.

“…What?” I questioned.

“Erm… is he going to be okay?” Jessica asked, pointing down at him. I could tell from her tone that it wasn’t out of concern, but merely pure curiosity. I couldn’t help but crack a small smile.

I looked back down at the unconscious man and back at them. “He should be okay, just may be a little sore when he wakes up.” I explain coolly.

“Daebak!” Krystal shouted out loud causing us all the laugh.

Wow these sisters were strange, yet oddly intriguing. Surely anyone else would have been frightened, but they weren’t the least bit. I guess that’s what happens when you hang out with vampires.

“Shall we go? We came to find Amber a gift remember?” I said, recalling our original mission.

“Ah, right, right, but look!” Krystal held up her shopping bag, filled with various clothes to which I assumed must have been the latest style. “Amber is going to get a special treat for her birthday when she sees me in this.” She giggled.

I had to viciously fight the dirty thoughts and images that found their way trickling into my mind. Amber sure knew how to pick her girls.

“Yah! Don’t bring that stuff up!” Jessica scolded harshly. I guess we both had similar thoughts.

Krystal just gave her a teasing grin and stuck her tongue out at her older sibling. “You’re just jealous~”

Jessica looked like she just ready to explode, but just shot her a deadly glare. “Whatever, let’s just go already.”

She brushed past us and I felt shivers run down my spine. That girl wasn’t kidding about her bad side. She literally made my hairs stand up on my arms and I’m cold blooded. How weird.

“You coming or what?” she shot at us and I broke from my frozen state and nodded.

“Y-yes.” I stuttered and followed in suit after her.

 

------

 

“Hm, what to get her…” Krystal thought out loud, browsing through various trinkets and accessories.

“Can you hurry up? I want to go home.” Jessica complained, taking a seat

“Don’t be such a downer, geez.” Krystal grumbled and I just shook my head. I couldn’t imagine what it was like living together.

I was looking at a pair of shoes when Krystal came bounding up to me. “Sooyoung! Try this on!”

Before I could even question the younger Jung, she jumped, jamming a snapback hat on my head. It was light blue with a yellow rim and ‘LA’ logo.

“Wow! It looks good on you, which means it will look great on Amber!” she giggled and turned to her sister. “Don’t you think Sis?”

“Huh?” Jessica looked up and stared up at me. We both exchanged stares and she seemed to turn a light shade of pink before turning away. “Er… yeah, it’s cool. I guess.” She replied awkwardly.

“Okay! I’m getting it!” Krystal shouted before pulling back the hat from my head.

I hand-combed back my hair.

“Sorry about her, she gets hyper sometimes.” Jessica apologized and waved my hand in response.

“Don’t worry about it, I look after two kids remember?” I chuckled and she nodded.

“Ah right…” she faded off, yawning in the process.

I couldn’t believe she was already tired. Did shopping at one store really wear her out? What a girl… Then again, her sleepy expression did look pretty cute.

What are you thinking Choi Sooyoung?’  I thought madly and spun back around to look at the shoes.

I could barely focus on the task at hand and quickly picked a decent, brand name pair of shoes of the appropriate size.

“I’ll take these.” I told the cashier and she nodded happily, ringing them through the front counter.

I look back to see Jessica and her sister chatting. Krystal had a teasing expression and Jessica she looked annoyed. She scoffed and glanced over at me.

Our eyes met for a split second before I spun around to face the cashier avoiding the eye contact.  Why was I being like this?

“120$ please.” She smiled.

I look in my wallet to only have a hundred. “Hm, sorry I seem to be a bit short…” I explained, slightly embarrassed.

She shook her head. “No worries, I’ll give you a discount.”

“R-really? Are you sure?” I asked.

She nodded and smiled brightly. “Of course, it wouldn’t be a problem.”  

“Thank you very much!” I bowed politely and gave her my money.

“Have a good day!” she continued to grin from ear to ear as I returned to the sisters, now outside of the store.

“So are we good to go now?” Jessica asked with a hint of restlessness in her tone.

I nodded. “Yeah, l got what I wanted.”

Krystal agreed and we left the mall towards her car.

 

 ---

 

Looking at Jessica she kept yawning and rubbing her eyes like a small child.

“I can drive, you seem like you’re going to fall asleep at any moment.” I offered.

She shrugged. “Okay, if you want to…” she handed me the keys.

Well that was easy.

We got into the car and Jessica immediately rested her head back.

“Seatbelt.” I remind her as I did in the past and she just rolled her eyes, buckling on her belt. Krystal did the same but was too engrossed in her phone to take any more notice to us.

“So what did you get?” Jessica asked, glancing over at the box.

“Oh, just a pair of shoes.” I answer bluntly.

“Oh… how much were they?” she continued, trying to make small talk to fill the silence.

“Uhm… a hundred…” I answered,

“WHAT? Seriously?” she sat up in surprise.

I nodded. ”Their brand name. I got a discount too.”

She relaxed, sitting back and pulled out the receipt from the bag.

“Wow… that’s—“ she stopped abruptly and I glance back at her curiously.

She was observing the back of the receipt very closely with furled brows.

“What?” I questioned her sudden change in expression.

She flashed the receipt at me and on the back read ‘Call me’ with a wink face and a number scribbled on it.

Krystal was now interested in our conversation and began to laugh loudly.

“So that’s why she gave you a discount huh?” she continued to laugh. “Quite the charmer you are Unnie. First that guy, now the cashier! I wonder whose heart you’ll take next?” she teased.

I blushed, a little embarrassed and looked at Jessica who held an unreadable expression. She almost looked annoyed, but embarrassed as well.

“Must be a vampire thing…” I heard her mumble lowly, but I could still hear it.

I chuckled, though it was true that some vampires had the ability to ‘control’ the emotions and thoughts of humans. The only one I knew personally that could do that was Yuri. Except she not only had the ability to change thoughts, but she could actually manipulate them and use them almost like puppets. That’s part of what made her so dangerous.

I grimaced at the thought. She had used that on Jessica the first time we met. I gripped the steering wheel tightly. I wasn’t going to let that happen again.

I peeked over at Jessica from my peripheral vision and she was already dozed off. Her face was relaxed and held and innocent aura.

THUMP

My chest jumped and I gasped, pressing my hand to my heart.

‘What is happening to me?’

 

------------

 

We arrived and I carefully parked in the driveway.

“We’re here.” I said and looked back to see both sisters now asleep. Wow they really were sisters.

I sighed. Why does this always seem to happen to me? I always seem to do all the work when I’m with her.

I try to shake Jessica awake but she wouldn’t budge.

“Krystal? Wake up.” I whispered loudly, gently shaking her awake. She stirred and opened her eyes slowly.

“Mmm…Amber…?” she mumbled.

I shook my head. “No, its Sooyoung. We’re at your house now.”

“Oh… okay.” She yawned sleepily, getting out of the car with her bag in hand.

I look at Jessica who is still in a deep slumber.

“Jessica! It’s time to wake up now!” I shouted now.

She stirred, but seemed to get more comfortable in her seat.

“No…”

“Alright, here we go again.” I grumbled out loud and went around, picking up the passed out girl in my arms.

“Did you get heavier?” I teased, hoping she’d show some reaction but she just snuggled closer to my chest, grasping my jacket.

I could the blood rush to my face, but I tried to pay no attention to it and quickly entered the house.

“Her room is just the one at the end of the hall.” Krystal said, from the kitchen, directing me towards the long hallway.

I thanked her and followed her directions to Jessica’s room.

I hoisted Jessica closer to me as I awkwardly opened the door, being careful not to hit her head or legs on the narrow frame.

Her room was surprisingly messy as clothes were scattered all over the floor. The bookshelf was in disarray and on her bed was a large pile of blankets.

“No wonder you never let me in your room.” I chuckled. After all the times I’ve visited, we’ve only ever been in the kitchen and living room. I guess students didn’t have time to clean.

I set her down her bed and straightened out the blankets while I was at it.

“Sleep well…” I whispered, covering her with a blanket

I pulled up the blanket just under her chin. With my hands at both of her sides, I found myself staring at her, slowly leaning in and kissed her smooth forehead.

Now realizing what I did I jumped away.

‘Damnit Sooyoung! What are you doing?’ I scolded and swiftly left the room.

“I’ll be going then, it was nice to see you again.” I bid my farewell to the younger Jung.

“Alright, see you Unnie! Do you have a ride?” she asked curiously.

I smiled back. “Yeah, my car is just across the street.

“Okay, come visit again soon! I’m sure my sister would like that!” she giggled teasingly.

I left and walked back towards my car. My phone suddenly went off and I glanced at the ID. It was Hyoyeon.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Sooyoung!” she sounded frantic.

“Hyo? What’s wrong?” I asked, now alarmed by her tone.

“I need you to come to hospital.” She demanded, trying to calm herself.

“Why? What happened?” I questioned, my tone now serious.

“I’ll explain when you get here.” She said, hanging up.

I drop my phone on the passenger seat and start up the engine, revving off towards the hospital.

‘Please don’t let it be what I think it is… please.

I begged in my mind. Hoping that it wasn’t what I thought it was. I couldn’t bare the thought as many scenarios played in my mind.

 

------

 

Upon arrival, I rushed inside towards the waiting room. Hyoyeon was sitting on the chair looking anxious.

“Soo!” she shouted, standing up.

I rush over to her. “What happened Hyo?”

She bit her lip. “Promise me that you’ll keep calm okay? Just take a seat…”

“Dammit Hyo, just spit it out!” I yelled, grabbing her shoulders. My anxiety was pulsing madly.

“It’s Taeyeon and Tiffany…”

My heart stopped. ‘No, please no…’

Hyoyeon paused. “This afternoon... they were attacked by a vampire.” 


 

Oh my, my... what a catastrophe after such a delightful day... :(

So there is some Soosica! They seem to be getting closer hm? 

Hope you liked it! :) 

Also, Don't forget to vote SNSD-TTS & Taeyeon on mnet! They deserve it for their hard work this year! :) 

Comments/Feedback are appreciated! 

Until next time, 

~Rainey

 

RANDOM BONUS: 

 

tumblr_mcek84YyLg1qzcv7no1_500.gif

Aigoo... It snowed today... Winter is coming :(