Visiting An Old Friend

The Light in the Dark [Discontinued Indefinitely]

 

[Jessica’s POV]

I groggily sat up from the morning light seeping through the curtains.  I glanced around, and the room was a complete mess. The blankets were thrown off the bed, clothes and other anonymous items were scattered across the floor. I rubbed my forehead, jacking my memory.

{Flashback}

“MY CAR!!!!” I screamed, rolling around my bed. “IT’S ALL BECAUSE OF THE STUPID VAMPIRE! ARGH!!!” I began throwing the blankets and pillows off my bed, shutting my eyes tight, venting out all my anger. The image of the red-eyed beast appeared in my mind. “NO GOOD BEASTS!!!” I screamed at no one in particular, and continued thrashing around when the image of Sooyoung appeared in mind.

I stopped what I was doing and instantly relaxed. I don’t know why but remembering those calm, violet eyes seemed to soothe me… even if it was just my imagination. Something about that one just seemed… different. I saw no intent of harm nor did I feel any chill or fear from her. In fact, now that I think about it, I felt almost warm and safe. Odd.

A sudden chill broke my thoughts and I turn around toward my window. Standing there was the thing that I thought I wouldn’t see again. Yuri.

“You’re quite the active one aren’t you?” she asked, glancing around the room.

I wiped my eyes to make sure I wasn’t seeing things, which in this case, I wish I were.

“You’re not dreaming human… you needn’t fear though, I come in peace.” She said in an almost mocking tone.

I screamed and began to throw anonymous objects at her but she easily dodged them.

“I already told you that I wasn’t planning on hurting you, but you are really trying my patience.” She threatened.

I instantly halted and gulped.

She smirked. “Now if you’ll stay quiet, I just came to tell you that your poor excuse for a vehicle is in the front. I never really wanted it, I was just curious to see how Sooyoung would interact with you. I must say that it was quite disappointing.”

'Disappointing? What was she talking about?'

“Anyways,” she continued, “I have important matters to tend to… sleep well.” She winked, her deep red eyes burrowing into mine.

My eyes began to droop as I fell on my mattress. The last thing that I saw was her silhouette before falling unconscious.

{End Flashback}

The mess in the room convinced me that it wasn’t a dream. I got up, carefully stepping over the objects on the floor and looked out the window. Indeed there was my car in the driveway.

“Too much happening in a short period of time.” I grumbled, and walked to the kitchen.

The entire house was silent. I hit my forehead with my palm.

“Krystal!” I shouted suddenly remembering.

“Yes unnie?”

I jumped back and held my heaving chest. “Y-you’re back?” I asked staring at the girl coming out of her bedroom.

“Yeah… I came back earlier this morning. Amber said she was having company over.” She explained. “I tried waking you up, but you were out cold, mumbling random words.”

“Uh..Huh.” was all that I could reply.

She looked at me worriedly. “Did something happen last night unnie? You have really dark circles around your eyes and when I went in your room, you were sleeping in a weird position and it looked like a storm went through your room.“

“Rough night.” There was no way I could explain what happened when I barely could comprehend it myself.

“Okay… well I’ll talk to you later.” was all she replied before walking back into her room.

I sighed. “I think I’m just going to sleep in today.” I grumbled before retreating back to my warm, comfy bed.

-------

[Sooyoung’s POV]

When I awoke, my arms were tingling and I suddenly remembered. Seohyun was on my left, while Yoona was on the right, both sleeping soundly.

I carefully got up, without disturbing the two and walked towards the kitchen where Tiffany was already making breakfast.

She glanced at me. “Oh Sooyoung you’re up pretty early. Breakfast won’t be for a little while…”

I shook my head. “It’s fine, I was just going to go out for a bit.”

She nodded. “Alright, will you be back by dinner?”

I nodded and was about to walk off when she stopped me. I looked at her curiously.

“Thanks for taking care of the kids… they really enjoy your company.” she smiled, her eyes in the shape of crescents.

I returned the gesture. “Of course… I’m quite fond of them as well.”

She paused. “Can you promise me something?” she asked, turning her body to face me.

“Anything.”

“Please take care of them… if something were to happen to Taeyeon and I…” she stopped, staring down. “Just promise that you’ll remain by their side and keep them safe.”

I furled my brows in confusion at her request. “Is something wrong?”

She shook her head. “Just promise me… please.”

I was taken back by her sudden serious expression, but just nodded. “You don’t even need to ask. I’ve already vowed myself to protect your family. I owe you so much for what you’ve done for me.”

She smiled warmly and Taeyeon emerged from the hallway, hugging her wife.

“Smells good honey~ can I have a bite?” she asked cutely.

“You’re such a dork.” Tiffany giggled.

“But you love me for it~” Taeyeon wrapped her arms around the latter’s waist.

“I love you for a lot of things.” Tiffany smiled and popped a piece of kimchi into Taeyeon’s mouth.

“Delicious as always!” she complimented.

Tiffany just turned her head and pecked Taeyeon’s cheek.

I smiled at their cuteness.

“Well I’ll be heading out then.” I said quietly, trying not to kill their moment.

“Okay, see you later!” Taeyeon waved me off.

I slipped on my glasses and pulled out my phone. I dialled a few numbers hoping it was the right one.

The line rung for a few moments before someone answered.

 “Hello?”

“Hey Amber, its me… Sooyoung.”

“Choi Sooyoung...You're alive?!”  She seemed rather surprised.

“Yeah, I don’t really want to explain over the phone… can I come over to your place?”

“Sure! My girlfriend is over right now… but I’ll take her home.” she replied.

“Okay cool. I’ll stop by in a bit.” I hung up the phone and started the car.

----------------

I arrived at the apartment and got up the stairs in no time. It didn’t surprise me that she still lived in the same apartment complex for these last few years.

I knocked a few times and almost immediately it opened.

I took off my sunglasses and greeted her.

“Long time no see.”

She stared at me for a moment. “Wow… too long. I swear after what happened that you were a goner!”

I smirked. “It’s nice too see you again too.”

She laughed awkwardly and scratched the back of her head. “Uh… sorry. I’m still just a bit shocked.”

I chuckled. “That’s fine… I kind of disappeared for awhile. Could I come in?”

“Ah! Of course!” she opened the door wider and I walked in.

It surprised me how clean the apartment was. Barely a speck of dust and everything was organized.

“Wow, you sure cleaned yourself up…” I commented, observing the room.

“Yeah, well my girlfriend threatened to break up with me if I didn’t clean up.” She sheepishly replied.

I laughed loudly. “Seriously? That’s quite a girl you got there.”

“Yeah no kidding…anyways, care to explain what you’ve been doing these past few years?” she asked settling down on her couch.

I sat down across from her. “It’s kind of a long story but that night I was captured by those bounty hunters…” 


Oooh a bit of Soo's past is going to be revealed! 

Next Chapter is going to be a flashback!

Remember, comments are my fuel~! 

~Rainey 

BONUS: 

YOU GUYS HEAR F(X) IS COMING BACK!!!! IN 2 DAYS!!! OMGGGGG 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BwR38CNaQQ&feature=g-u-u

OMIGOSH I AM SOOOOO FREAKIN EXCITED! :D :D THEY ALL LOOK SOOOOO GOOOD!!!! <3333

Okay, I'll stop fangirling now xD