Casual Outing

The Light in the Dark [Discontinued Indefinitely]

 

I I know... D: 



 

 

[Jessica’s POV]

It’s been already a couple weeks since the whole club incident and luckily, nothing of that sort has happened since. However, it’s been pretty quiet as well. Krystal has been spending more time with her precious Amber, while I continue to sit and sulk in this empty house making conversation with myself.

I suppose it hasn’t been bad either. Sooyoung has been stopping by now and then. Why? She never really told me, but it was still rather awkward between us and our conversations barely could count as meaningful.  She was hiding something from me, and I knew it. I just didn’t know what it was exactly.

A ring on the door indicated that someone was at the door. I assume to be Sooyoung.

I get up and open the door to meet those all to familiar violet eyes.

“Good morning Jessica!” She greeted brightly.

I swallowed back a chuckle and opened the door wider to let her in.

“So what did you bring today?” I asked, eyeing the plastic bag in her hand.

She walked in and raised the bag. “Oh, I brought over some cookies that Fany made last night. Thought you wanted to try some, since you mentioned that you like chocolate chip.” She explained brightly.

I just smile and we take a seat on the couch. I had to admit that she had a rather keen memory. When we’d have our small chats she’d come back the next day with a CD or something I subtly mentioned.

However, every time I’d try to ask her something about her life, she’d change the subject as frustrating at that is… I want to get to know her more.

“Why don’t you tell me about yourself?” I asked rather bluntly.

She raised her brow at me. “What do you want to know?”

I shrugged. “Anything. These past few weeks, you’ve just been asking about me while I know barely anything about you, except you’re a vampire with an old friend that almost killed me.” I explain.

She smirks and puts down her cookie. “Okay, fair enough. Ask me what you want to know.” 

I think for a moment. I decided to start simple. “What’s your favourite colour?”

She thinks for a moment. “Blue.”

“You’re favourite movie?”

“Harry Potter.”

I chuckle at her answer.

“Okay, favourite kind of music?”

She pauses. “I like any kind of music.”

“What do you do in your pastime?”

“Hmm… I like star and moon gazing…” she smiles.

“Why?” I ask rather confused how stargazing could count as a pastime.

“It’s calming… have you never done that before?” she asked.

“Not really… at night I usually sleep… you know, like a normal person.” I cheekily respond.

She just laughs. “Well you’re missing out… it’s really beautiful, especially on a clear night.”

“Perhaps I’ll try it sometime.” 

I was really surprised by her answers. I feel a little guilty of being judgemental of her, but I almost forget she’s a vampire sometimes.

“You should…” she looks at me and scratches her head. “Maybe we can—“

RING

The loud tone of my phone cut her off and I quickly answer it.

“Hello?”

“Hey unnie!”

“What do you want?” I hissed.

“Geez, someone is grumpy… anyway, can you pick me up from Amber’s?”

“Why don’t you just get her to drop you off?” I ask.

Her tone went into a whisper. “Well, her birthday is coming up, and I wanted to go get her a present…” she said shyly.

I roll my eyes. “Ugh, fine.”

“Thanks unnie!” she yelled and I just throw a disgusted look and hang up.

I look at Sooyoung who is awkwardly sitting next to me.

“Uh, my sister wants me to pick her up…” I explain to her. 

“Oh.” She said in almost a disappointed tone. “I guess I’ll be leaving then.

She gets up and is about to walk off when I grab her wrist and a shock ran up my arm.

I was surprised and quickly let go, while she seemed just as shocked at I was and coughs.

“Y-yes?”

“W-well, if you w-wanted to come along… ii-if you aren’t busy.” I stuttered.

She smiled. “Sure! If you don’t mind the company…”

I shook my head. “Not at all.”

-------

So here we were seated in my car, on our way to Amber’s apartment.

“Your sister… I don’t believe I’ve met her.” Sooyoung said, starting up conversation.

“Yeah… we’re similar in some ways, but very different in other ways.” I explain plainly. 

“Is that so? I should brace myself then.” She said teasingly and I hit her shoulder.

“Hey! Just don’t get on my bad side, cause then you’ll have something to be scared of.” I mumbled.

I could hear her chuckled in her seat beside me. “I’ll keep a mental note of that.”

“So where are we going exactly?” Sooyoung asked, looking around the area.

“She’s at her girlfriend’s place. She wants to pick her up a birthday present.” I say, focussed on the road.

“Oh interesting… my friend’s birthday is coming up as well… perhaps I should get something as well.” 

“That ‘friend’ isn’t Yuri is it?” I ask in a joking tone, but her silence proved that I had struck an old wound.

“No.” she said seriously.

“Sorry...” I apologize for upsetting her.

She shook her head. “No I’m sorry… she just… doesn’t bring any good memories.” She sighed, looking out the window.

I wanted to know what the connection between her and Yuri was, but I knew well than to cross-uncharted territory. I knew one thing though… it couldn’t have been good.

We pulled up to the apartment complex, as we waited for my sister to come out.

“Her girlfriend lives…here?” Sooyoung asked, observing the old complex.

I nodded. “Yep, for a few years actually.”

“Interesting…” she mumbled, and I looked at her quizzically.

“Is her girlfriend perhaps… a vampire?” she asked.

I nodded. “How did you—“

“Unnie!” I heard Krystal call from outside.

I rolled down my window. “Hey, stop being so loud and get in the back.”

She pouted and peaked inside. “Why—oh! Sooyoung-shi!”

I looked back and forth between them. “You know each other?” I asked.

Krystal got into the back and poked her head between us.

“Yeah, she’s Amber’s friend.” She explained.

Who is this girl? Why does she have so many ties to the people around me? Was it merely coincidence? Or is it something more? I questioned. She was like a puzzle, fitting one piece at a time.

“I should have guessed as much you two were related.” Sooyoung chuckled and I shot her a glare.

“What does that mean?”

She laughed. “It’s not hard to tell… and also, your scents are similar.”

I tensed a little, again forgetting her vampiric origin.

“I see...”

“Now that we established that, how do you two know each other? You didn’t tell me you had a vampire friend.” Krystal asked casually.

“Erm…” I didn’t really want to explain the

“We met at a club.” Sooyoung answered, sensing my hesitation.

Krystal’s eyes went wide. “Unnie? You went to a club?! How unheard of.” She teased.

“It was Nic’s grand opening…” I explained and she nearly

“Nic-unnie opened the club! Can you take me?” she pleaded.

I glared at her, swiping my hand at her. “Sit back, and no. You’re underage.”

Krystal pouted. “But Unnie…”

“No!” I state firmly.

I heard a stifled chuckle from beside me.

“What are you laughing at?” I asked the giggling vampire.

“Nothing… you two are just entertaining to watch.” She admitted.

“Well glad I entertain you.” I coldly hiss.

She shivered and rubbed her arms. “Wow you gave me the chills…”

I scoffed at her ironic statement, considering she was cold-blooded, but admired her sense of humour now and then. 

“Don’t mind her Sooyoung-unnie, she just isn’t used to being around people.” Krystal chimed in.

“Yah!” I shouted, grabbing back at her, causing the car to swerve slightly.

“Ah!”

I hear a voice of panic, and hand overlapping mine on the steering wheel.

I turn my head to see Sooyoung inches from me, trying to steady the wheel. I could only stare of a few moments. Though her glasses covered her face, she really looked flawless. She had a particular scent of a light perfume that smelled like cherry blossoms, just a little sweeter.

“Yah! You going to drive?” reality hit me and I shook my head, immediately taking

Sooyoung sighed in relief.

I glanced at her from my peripheral vision and took in deep breaths to calm my rapidly beating heart. 



 

Really sorry for not updating this guys... I've been so busy, and my flow of ideas for this story just hit a brick wall...

I wanted to make this longer, but I actually have an assignment due tomorrow, so I'll update it again soon (I hope) to give you guys some awesome soosica/kryberness lol 

Until next time, 

--Rainey