New Plans

The Light in the Dark [Discontinued Indefinitely]

 

[Jessica’s POV]

I sat alone in the living room staring mindless at the television. I wasn't really watching, but waiting. It was silly I know, but though my eyes focused in the flashing screen in front of me, my ears were focused on the door just listening for the familiar knock I came accustomed to.

I must been sitting for hours, it was already noon and I had not moved from my spot since 8 this morning. Never have I gotten up so early before. It was odd but I awoke feeling like a child on Christmas, not wanting to miss a second of the day.

The low rumble in my stomach broke me from my fixated trance. I figured that it wouldn't hurt to satisfy the gurgling feeling.

Slowly getting up, my body tensed and it was only then that I realized how long I had actually been sitting there. The sofa was slowly reshaping itself from the shallow dip from where I was sitting.

Stretching my limbs, I trudged over to the kitchen and instinctively opened the fridge. To no surprise it was empty, aside from a half full carton of milk and a stick of cheese. As sad as the sight was, I've grown used to it. If it weren't for Sooyoung coming in these past few days, surely I would have starved.

Not that I didn't feed myself, but Krystal usually went grocery shopping.

Thinking of the tall vampire, I remembered the batch of cookies she brought was still sitting on the counter, abandoned with just a small fruit bowl of brown bananas and a beaten apple.

Not giving much thought I grab two of them and stuff one in my mouth, returning to my original position I had sat in for hours already.

I figured that the waiting game was getting old and my phone sat on the coffee table and I hesitated picking it up.

In truth I wanted to call her but it still felt weird. We weren't as awkward anymore, but still weren't close enough. I was never a people person in the first place. I've only ever stuck around with my sister or occasionally Nicole. To have someone else's number dialled in my phone was a foreign concept to me.

While Krystal was always with Amber now, I missed having a presence around. Maybe that's why I enjoyed Sooyoung's company so much. I felt safe and warm for once in a long time.

I stared up at a portrait of my parents, my sister and I on the wall. It's been a few years since their death and I could only remember holding my sobbing sister in my arms while trying to hold back my own tears as they lowered their bodies into the earth.

It was supposedly a car accident...which at the time made a lot of sense. It was a classic scene of a dark stormy night with chunks of hail crashing down from the sky as they had planned to surprise Krystal and I by coming home early from their business trip. It was a surprise all right... But not the kind they had intended it to be.

I felt my cheeks were wet and I swiftly brushed them away, returning to reality. I shouldn't be like this...I couldn't be.

The sudden ring of my phone startled me as I hastily reached for it, answering it before checking who it was.

“Hello?” I answered a little too eagerly.

“Unnie?” the voice on the other line asked.

“Oh Krystal?” I said with a tone of disappointment.

“Yeah it's me... Why? Were you expecting someone else?” she asked teasingly.

“N-no!” I quickly defended, trying not to sound obvious, but just ended up in failure.

I heard her giggle other and wanted nothing more than to punch her over the phone.

“What do you want?” I growled and she stopped giggling.

“Whoa I was just kidding... Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I'll be home late tonight, Amber is taking me out for dinner.” her tone was now shy which irritated me more.

“Fine, don't be too late and just... Be careful okay?” I said in my motherly way. We had our ups and downs, but she was still my sister after all.

“Yes yes I know mother.” She laughed, emphasizing ’mother’.

I laughed a bit too before hanging up.

The house was dead silent aside from the television’s murmurs at low volume.

I sat back on the couch and had a stare down with my phone. The clocks ticks echoed throughout the house. Boredom finally began to strike me as continued to stare and wait like an idiot.

“...Maybe I’ll go shopping.” I sighed and got up from my worn couch.

 

[Krystal’s POV]

After hanging up the phone I threw it in my pocket and went back to amber who was currently making some lunch in the kitchen. Her face was focused as she was chopping some carrots.

’Cute.’ I thought and approached her.

Feeling a little mischievous, I snuck up behind her quietly and pounced, wrapping my arms around her waist.

She yelped and jumped a bit and I giggled at her reaction.

“Krys...” she began to whine. “Don't scare me like that!”

I continued to giggle and stuck my tongue out at her.

“Ooh not so tough are you miss vampire?” I chuckled, still holding onto her.

She sunk into my embrace and turned her head slightly.

“Only around you.” she whispered.

I blushed and buried my head into her back to hide it.

“You must be hungry, let's eat now hm?” she asked and I nodded childishly.

I reluctantly pulled away and followed her to the table where she set down a fresh bowl of her signature soup.

I didn’t hesitate to dig in and enjoyed the delicious sensation in my mouth and gave her a satisfied expression.

“Good?” she asked, though the answer was obvious.

I only nodded childishly and continued eating.

She chuckled, walking up to me and pat my head.

“So cute.” I heard her whisper.

I raised my head and tilted it.

“You're not eating?” I asked realizing I was the only one eating.

She shook her head. “I'm not really hungry for soup.” she replied mischievously.

I continued to stare at her. “Then what are you hungry for?” I asked with an innocent tone.

She smiled and leaned in closer. “You.” she threw me a erted smile and I got what she was getting at.

I stood up from my chair and slapped her in the arm. “Yah! What are you thinking?”

She continued to laugh playfully and ran away.

“You get back here Amber Liu!!” I shouted making chase around the dining table and into the living room.

I finally got her cornered and jolted towards her. She was quick and barely slid past me. I turned around catching her arm. Her forceful momentum brought us tumbling toward the couch and I landed on top of her, pinning down her arms.

“I...got- you.” I panted out and she just stared up at me. Her auburn eyes bore into mine.

“W-what?” I ask hesitantly.

“...I love you.” she blurted out suddenly.

I blushed but didn't move from my position. Instead, I leaned in closer and captured her lips with mine. It was a short but passionate kiss.

We broke off and she had a dorky grin on her lips.

“Dork.” I mutter under my breath.

She just smiled, standing up and lifted me up, her hands securely around my waist.

I slung my arms around her neck and we continued to stare at each other sweetly.

We weren't usually like this and I was surprised by her spontaneous romantic actions. “Why are you being like this? You want something don't you?” I teased sensing something was weird.

She shook her head. “No, the only thing I want is you... to stay by my side.”

I giggled and gave her a quick peck on the cheek. “I’ll have to think about that.”  I teased.

She pouted and I pinched her nose playfully.

We were so immersed in our own world that we didn't hear the buzzing of Amber’s phone.

We broke off from each other and Amber reached into her pocket, grabbing the device.

Her face turned serious when she answered it.

I wanted to know who it was but she raised one finger at me, indicating she wanted a minute and went into the bedroom.

I stood in the living room awkwardly and just sighed, turning on the TV while I waited.

 

[Amber’s POV]

I put the receiver to my ear and a voice that I wasn’t eager to hear was on the line.

“Hey Amber babe~”

I grit my teeth. “Cut the crap Hyuna, what do you want?”

I could hear her giggle and it just irritated me more.

“I need you to do something for me tonight~” she said in an aegyo filled tone. 

“I can’t, I got plans.” I replied with a cold demeanour.

There was slight pause and I knew she wasn’t very happy about my rejection. “Let me guess, with your precious girlfriend right?”

My lack of response answered her question and she continued. “Well cancel them... unless you want her to know of your dirty little secret. I’m sure she’d be ecstatic to know.” I could just imagine her smirking.

I gripped my phone tight, any tighter and I would have broken it. “...Fine.”

“Good choice... meet me at Yunho’s club downtown tonight at 8.” She instructed and I just grimaced.

“Alright.”

“Good girl. See you later~” she giggled before hanging up.

I hung up and slammed my phone on the bed. I hated this mess I got myself into. I wish I could take it all back.

I took a deep breath, not wanting to leave the room to face Krystal. There was no way I could cancel our plans without it ending badly, especially with no good reason.

We had booked this dinner weeks in advance at one of the highest prestige restaurants in town. She had been talking about it for days and I wanted to treat her.

Now it was ruined.

I finally left the room to see Krystal seated on the couch, watching some variety show.

Hearing the door close, she turned around and looked at me curiously.

“Amber, what was that about?”

She stood up and walked closer to me. “Is something wrong?”

She read my unsteady expression and I swallowed dryly. “S-something came up and I w-won’t be able to take you out tonight.” Each word came out weakly and by the look in her eyes, I knew she was disappointed.

“What? Why?” she asked coldly.

I just stood solid and unable to respond.

“We planned this for weeks and you just cancel it like this?” she scoffed, unable to keep her tone down.

“I’m really sorry... I’ll make it up to you.” I tried to hold her hand but she pulled back.

“Whatever Amber... just go do whatever you have to do, because clearly it seems more important.”

“No it’s not that Krys... I just—“

“I don’t want to hear It.” she glared at me and stormed away towards the front door.

“W-where are you going?” I call out to her.

“Home. ” She angrily spat, slamming the door so hard that I flinched at the thunderous boom.

I sigh and lean myself against the wall.

“Forgive me Krystal...” I whisper and cover my face with my palms. 



 

Hello readers! (Are you still there o.o) 

Aigoo, what could Hyuna want? 

I decided to make this one a little more focussed on Kryber, next  will be more Soosica based. 

Comments / Feedback are much appreciated!

I know I don't update as often as I would like, but your comments really give me an idea of where to take the story...and I like hearing what you think of it!

Also,  I just realized that I reached 100 subs! Thanks a lot, though I don't really think I deserve it.. 

tumblr_Sooyoungcelebrates1_zps0f5d852a.g

But I appreciate it a lot :) 

Until next time, 

~Rainey 

BONUS: 

 .................

I don't mean to gif spam, but this is totally hilarious... and true.