Chapter 3

my secret crush

“Girls, we need to hurry.” Taeyeon said to the other girls. They are going to perform on a show and they are also guests.

“Taengoo, did you see my headband that Doojoon bought me?” Hyoyeon asks.

“Aniyo. Let’s go! You find it later.” Taeyeon said.

“But I promise Doojoon to wear it today in the show.” Hyoyeon said to herself.

Last night Doojoon called Hyoyeon. They are just talking about their day. Then, Doojoon mentioned to her that he will be a guest on a show. Hyoyeon also mentioned that the SNSD will be guests on a show, too.

Then, they find out that they will be both guests on the same show.

Doojoon told Hyoyeon that she needs to wear the headband that he bought for him on that show and Hyoyeon promised.

But when Hyoyeon woke up this morning, the headband was gone. What about her promise to Doojoon?

………………………………………………………………………

On the show…

5 minutes before the start of the show, SNSD are now on their seats except for Yuri and Jessica.

Then, Hyoyeon saw Doojoon. He sat on the left side of Hyoyeon.

“I thought you are going to wear the headband.” Doojoon whispered to her.

“Mianhae.” She apologizes sadly. “When I woke up this morning, the headband was gone.”

“It’s ok. You look cute in your hairstyle.” Doojoon said.

Hyoyeon’s hairstyle is pigtails.

Yuri and Jessica enter the show. Hyoyeon was surprised when she saw Jessica wearing the headband.

“Annyeong Hasaeyo, Doojoon!” Jessica sweetly greets.

Doojoon was looking at the headband. “Jessica, that headband.”

“Oh this? Hyoyeon gave it to me.” Jessica said. “Right, Hyoyeon?”

“H-Huh?” Hyoyeon never gave it to Jessica. Why Jessica did take it?

“Everyone, get ready! We are going to start!” someone said. Jessica sits at the back of Doojoon.

The filming went well and Hyoyeon tried to be happy.

Then, the host notice Jessica’s headband.

“Isn’t it cute?” Jessica sweetly asks. “Doojoon gave it to me.”

Hyoyeon’s eyes widened but she remained silent. ‘Jessica is lying! Doojoon gave it to me!’ she thought.

“Unnie, why Jessica saying that? It was you who Doojoon oppa gave that headband.” Yoona whispered.

“Don’t mind her.” Hyoyeon whispered.

The host asks Doojoon why he gave Jessica a headband.

“I…”

“He gave it because he knows that I really like this kind of headband.” Jessica said before Doojoon answered.

‘Curse you, Jessica Jung!’ Hyoyeon thought.

………………………………………………………………………

When the SNSD came back to their dorm, Hyoyeon confronts Jessica.

“Why did you take my headband?” Hyoyeon asks.

“I was just borrowing it.” Jessica said innocently.

“You should ask me first. I was supposed to be the one who will gonna wear it.” Hyoyeon said.

“Ok! I’m sorry. Happy?” Jessica said.

“Why did you tell them that Doojoon gave that headband to you?” Hyoyeon asks.

“And so? What do you want me to tell them? Tell them that it was yours and I borrowed it without your permission?” Jessica said.

“You can tell them that it was mine and Doojoon gave it to me.” Hyoyeon said.

“Hyo, why am I having this feeling that this issue is like a big issue to you?” Jessica asks.

“It is not like that. The point is, you can borrow my things but you need to ask my permission first.” Hyoyeon said.

“Ok! I’m sorry if I took your headband. Here it is. It’s all yours.” Jessica said. She took of the headband and throws it towards Hyoyeon.

“Yah! Jessica Jung!” Hyoyeon shouts but Jessica went to the bedroom and locks it.

“What’s wrong with her?” Tiffany asks. She saw everything.

“I don’t know.” Hyoyeon said.

“Hyo, do you think Jessica likes Doojoon?” Tiffany whispered.

“I don’t want to talk about it.” Hyoyeon said and went to her room.

………………………………………………………………………

After 2 days…

The SNSD members notice that Jessica and Hyoyeon are avoiding each other. Only Tiffany knows what is going on because she saw what happened 2 days after.

Hyoyeon was in her room listening to her ipad when Doojoon texted her.

Doojoon text:

Annyeong Hasaeyo! How are you?

Hyoyeon replied:

Fine. Just hanging out in my room. How about you?

Doojoon replied:

Hanging in our dorm. Dongwoon and Yoseob left a while ago to go somewhere else while the others are on their individual schedule.

Hyoyeon text:

You must be lonely. I’m lonely here in my room because the others are playing in the living room.

Doojoon replied:

Why don’t you want to go play with them?

Hyoyeon replied:

I’m not in the mood.

Doojoon text:

Since we are both loner, why don’t we go walk around? Do you like it?

Hyoyeon replied:

Walk around?........................................Mmm….. Ok!

Doojoon replied:

Alright! And wear your headband. I’ll always want to see you wearing it.

Hyoyeon replied:

But I need to wear a cap so no one will recognize me.

Doojoon text:

Oh right! Anyway, let’s meet at the front of your dorm. I’ll wait you outside.

Hyoyeon replied:

Ok! I’ll go change my clothes. See you later!

Doojoon replied:

See you later!

Hyoyeon was happy because she will going out with her crush. It was an opportunity that she can’t miss in her lives.

………………………………………………………………………

After an hour…

“Aish! I don’t want to play anymore! Sooyoung always cheats.” Jessica is annoyed and stood up.

“Unnie, I am not cheating! You just don’t know how to play UNO.” Sooyoung said.

Jessica didn’t answer her and went to the kitchen. She drinks water and when she put the glass in the sink she looks at the window and saw a guy wearing a cap on the front of the building.

She can’t see him because he is down there. Then, she heard Taeyeon speaks.

“Hyo, where are you going?” Taeyeon asks.

“I’m just going to walk around.” Hyoyeon said.

“Do you want me to go with you?” Tiffany asks.

“Aniyo. I can take care of myself.” Hyoyeon said. “Bye!”

“Bye!’ the girls said.

Jessica looks back at the window and the guy is still there. She wonders who that guy is. Then, after awhile she saw Hyoyeon talking to the guy and the two walk away.

She decided to go back with the other members. “Sica, you and Hyoyeon fight, right?” Yuri asks.

“What makes you think that?” Jessica asks.

“Because you two are not talking to each other.” Yuri said.

“It is just a little misunderstanding.” Jessica said.

“What a liar?” Tiffany whispered to herself. She stood up and went to her room.

………………………………………………………………………

Doojoon and Hyoyeon are walking on the street. The two are wearing caps, sunglasses and masks.

It was cold on that day and Hyoyeon forgot her scarf. Even if she is feeling cold and she doesn’t want to tell it to Doojoon.

Doojoon was happy because for the first time he was able to go with Hyoyeon for a walk.

The two went to the park for a walk. When they get tired they sat on a bench and chat.

Hyoyeon never felt happy again since the day her manager scolded her for revealing her secret crush and when Jessica and she fought.

But now, Doojoon make her all worries gone and she was happy.

………………………………………………………………………

“Doojoon, thanks for walking with me today.” Hyoyeon said. They are now going back to her dorm.

“Lately, I notice that you are sad that’s why I’m helping you to become happy again. Is there something wrong?” he asks.

“Lately, things are just complicated. First my manager told me if I don’t watch my words he will remove me in SNSD.” Hyoyeon said.

“That’s not good. Removing you in SNSD is not right. You are the main dancer of SNSD and no one can change that.” Doojoon said. “What else?”

“I had a fight with someone 2 days ago and until now we haven’t talk to each other.” She said.

“Is she from the SNSD?” he asks.

“I can’t tell you. But now, I’m ok now. I’ll just say sorry to her.” She said. “Gomaweoh, Doojoon.”

“It’s ok.” Doojoon said.

They saw a man selling sweet potatoes.

“Let’s buy some sweet potatoes. Seohyun loves that.” Hyoyeon said.

“I’ll buy for my group members, too.” Doojoon said.

The two bought some sweet potatoes and return home.

………………………………………………………………………

Jessica is looking at the window when she saw Hyoyeon coming home with the guy she saw a while ago.

“I wonder who that guy is?” she said.

Then, Tiffany came out of her room. “Fany, do you know any guy that Hyoyeon dating with?” she asks.

“Aniyo. Why?” Tiffany said.

“Nothing.” She said. ‘So, Fany doesn’t know anything.’ She thought.

After a while, Hyoyeon came back.

“Girls, I bought some sweet potatoes.” Hyoyeon said.

Seohyun quickly come towards her. “Oh! Thanks, unnie!” she said and took out a sweet potato from the paper bag.

Hyoyeon give the paper bag of sweet potatoes to Sooyoung when she saw Jessica.

“Let’s talk.” Jessica said.

Hyoyeon wonders what will Jessica tell her.