Scarlet Macaw

Crimson

 

 

Dressed ily in a long, glittery red gown with a slit up to her thigh, a white fluffy boa around her neck. She was seated across a group of men clad in tuxedos. The y lady in red stood up and walked around the three men seated across her whose hands were tied behind their backs and on the backrest of the chair.

 

 

“So.” spoke the attractive lady while tracing her finger on the edges of the chair and their shoulders. “Which one of you is the real head of the murders?”


“He is.” pointed the one on the right. The one on the right was quite tall and had cornrows. He said that the mastermind of the gruesome murders that were committed about a week ago. There had been several disappearances in a particular alley in Seoul and these three men, who frequented the place and were close to making it their headquarters, were being accused of committing the heinous crimes. Now that they were being brought to justice, the middle man’s accomplices have started turning on him.


“No! No way I did it! It was him!” he then pointed to the guy on the left. This blame game continued for minutes and when the lady in red finally had enough, she walked back to her table and pounded her fist on it.


“ENOUGH!” she demanded angrily. “Now, one of you is going to confess to the murders in the city. Because if you don’t...” she pulled out a knife from behind her and showed it to them, waving it before their faces.


“What?” asked the leader. She kicked his chair and placed one long, tanned leg on it, bending forward to get a closer look at him.


“I’m going to castrate you three...before the cops!” she said sultrily. They all gulped down in fear of losing their most prized possessions.


“OKAY! OKAY!” exclaimed the leader. “I’LL CONFESS! I DID IT! I MURDERED THEM GIRLS! IT WAS ALL ME!” The lady in red-who introduced herself as the Scarlet Macaw smirked in accomplishment and kicked the leader’s chair away from her. She reached for her radio and phoned the cops in.


“I got em, Boss. Send the cops in. Someone’s serving some jailtime.”


“We’re on it, Hyori.” replied the cops.

Lee Hyori. A private investigator slash expert seductress. She worked for the Police Department as a bounty hunter but instead of doing it the way the guys did it which was the rough and tough way, she resorted to her greatest strength-her looks. Hyori was blessed with a curvy body and skin that was deliciously tanned and because of this, she had drawn much attention from the opposite . Figuring it better to be an aid of the law than to use her beauty for ual advances or personal gain, she signed up for the police task force as one of their investigators.


Her job was much like Dasom Kim’s only more relaxed. If Dasom’s style of investigation was the classic and traditional one, Hyori relied heavily on looks rather than brains although she had both. She was also a spy for an organization that worked to stop crime on a high-scale international basis meaning she had traveled to several countries before choosing to settle in Korea to work for the crimestopping force. She was known by her codename “Scarlet Macaw” for her preference of wearing red dresses.


“I don’t want to do this anymore.” she told her fellow spies on their way back to the headquarters. She was just about ready to retire from her job as a spy, sick and tired of having to go from place to place and squeeze herself through tiny tunnels, make herself almost invisible by leaning  on walls when hiding from an enemy. That was until she got a call back from the agency.


“We need you on interrogation.” said her boss. This was the start of a brand new chapter in Hyori’s career.


As Hyori was in her headquarters, sorting papers out, she noticed her phone which was a few inches away from her, blinking rapidly. This was a sign that someone was calling her. Hyori reached for her phone and answered it.


“Hello?”


“Scarlet Macaw.” called the voice from the other line.


“Yes. What do you need?”


“Your greatest enemy has escaped.” Hyori clenched her gloved fist and placed it on her forehead. She knew who he was talking about. Hyori wanted to ask him who it was but she had a feeling that she knew better and it was pointless asking. But just in case...


“Agent Seo.” she said. “Who is it this time?’


“The Crimsons.” Hyori held her fist close to her heart in an effort to prevent it from suffering a heart attack.


“Them? What are they up to this time?”


“Oh their usual plan. World domination.” Hyori remained silent for quite a long time, causing Agent Seo to wonder why she had been so stagnant.


“Are you still there?”


“What have they been up to?”


“Kidnapping. Creating an army. Creating their God.”


“We’re going to get rid of them. I know just how.” Hyori said.


“How?”


“Just follow my lead.” with this, she hung up and proceeded to work on stopping the Crimsons. Hyori then walked out of the office, her hips swaying, clad in all red. The y agent known as the Scarlet Macaw fades into the shadows, her curvy silhouette shown as she continued to walk further into the darkness.