Butterfly

Crimson

 

 

In her room, she was always alone. Silence. Not a sound, not a sight. Just plain silence. Like a monk, concentration was her greatest power and need. It was her strength. It was what she needed to keep herself alive. Not food, not water. Concentration. It seemed as though focusing was the only thing she needed the most right now. Dressed in her black kimono and seated in a yoga position with her hands resting peacefully on her knees. Besides the pillow she was sitting on, the only things that she kept by her side were her sakura hair comb and her samurai sword, the only weapon she had.

 

 

Who was she anyways?

 

 

This beautiful lady be none other than Park Bom. A Korean expatriate in Japan, had been living in the Land of the Rising Sun for 5 years, she came for the purpose of learning the language and the brutal art of the samurai. Park Bom, like the previous girls described here, was an assassin who, like Yubin was being hunted down by political enemies as well as crime organization bosses who had heard of her skill in the field of assassination by sword. Despite her beautiful exterior, many feared Park Bom, better known as Butterfly because of her swift movements and brutal killing techniques. What was even scarier was the fact that she was so gentle, it was deceiving. You wouldn’t be able to tell if she was a nice person or she was just waiting for you to let your guard down so she could slice your throat into two.

 

 

Park Bom worked for a Japanese manhunt organization but had since taken the law into her own hands after she found her brother massacred by a gang of youths near the dump. She believed that the only way criminals would be silenced and stopped forever was if they were to be executed. And by executed, she didn’t mean by the law. She meant by her own hands.  Bom was very highly skilled, especially in the field of deception and seduction. There was no denying the power of her beauty, especially when it came to male criminals who, for the record, just had a thing for coquettish, docile looking geisha dolls.

 

 

“Sir, what’ll you be having?” asked Bom politely. She was in her signature garb, a pink kimono and barefooted. Since the kimono was thick, she was able to conceal her weapon of choice quite well.



 

 

“I’lll have some kirin.” said the Japanese mafia boss. “As well as some loving from you, doll.” he winked at her. Park Bom pretended to blush as she sweetly walked to the kitchen, her doll-like feet making cute brushing sounds. The Japanese mafia boss smirked and laughed at her sweetness.

 

 

From behind the curtains, Bom began to watch as he communicated with his fellow gang members whom Bom won with her charms. She wasn’t making them kirin, she was just spying on them. She watched as the mafia members dealt their money, talked about murder and talked about HER.

 

 

Only this time, they didn’t know it was her. Because of her disguise and because of the fact that 99.9% of the geisha waitresses in Japan looked like her, they had no idea they were dealing with the enemy. Their enemy.

 

 

“Okay. So we look for the girl, hunt her down in her headquarters and end her life. End of story.” said one of the members of the gang.

 

 

“Right now, there is nothing I’d want more than the demise of that spy.” he grunted, pounding his fist on the table. “She be the cause of our failure.” Bom overheard this and geared up. She loosened the tight bun on her head, removed her hairpieces and grasped the samurai sword that was hidden in the back of her kimono.

 

 

“Hey, what’s taking the kirin so long?” hollered the mafia boss. Bom took the tray and walked towards their table.

 

 

“Here you go.” she said in a coquettish manner. She looked and sounded much like a doll now. The mafia boss was getting impatient waiting for her to pour the kirin

 

 

“COME ON! MOVE FASTER!” he banged the table, causing Bom to drop the bottle, spilling beverage all over their food and the men. In humiliation and anger, the mafia boss raised a hand on Bom, making her fall back on her , covering her face in fear.

 

 

“YOU IMBECILE!!!” he was about to hit her when Bom’s samurai sword fell out of her kimono. With wide eyes, the entire mafia gasped. It was the woman they had been looking for! All this time she was right in front of them, at the same place as them and they didn’t know!

 

 

“Park Bom Lee!!!! The Korean impostor!” bellowed one of the gang members. Bom was still on the floor when she tried to grasp her sword. The gang surrounded her, outnumbering her obviously. There was 5 of them and only one of her. Bom tried to stand up but one member tried to hit her with his gun. Good thing, though, Bom was able to grasp the gun and kick him in the groin area, making him bend down. Bom was now fully standing up and using her samurai sword, she engaged in a brutal combat with them. The mafia were very well trained men and had the ability to fight weapons with their bare hands. Bom was equally skilled, if not even better. Her movements were agile and swift, could cut and kill in a split second.

 

 

And this task, she showed them. Bom spun around and waved her sword,only her sword using it to cut and bruise the mafia members. Along with her weapon of choice, she also made use of her martial arts skills to tackle them.

 

 

They’re only five. I’ve handled 10. 15. 20 even. Bom boasted in her mind. A few spins and kicks and cuts later, she was skewering bodies and chopping arms off. All five men were down and dead on the floor of the private room of the restaurant. Bom hurriedly went to the back and cleaned herself up, putting ordinary clothes back on and keeping her costume and her sword.

 

 

Beautiful as a butterfly, vicious as a tiger.