The Assembly

Crimson

Hyori and Mr. Cho had been waiting for the assassins to arrive in their office.

 

“I wonder what’s taking them-” Hyori was about to complain when the door swung open and in came three of the seven women that they were waiting for.


“Ah. They’re here.” Hyori smirked as she took a sip of martini from the fancy glass in her hand.


“The team we have been waiting for!” Mr. Cho exclaimed, welcoming the girls with open arms. “Girls! Welcome!” he said cheerfully, unusually out of his calm and stern persona.


Here they are. The team is finally coming together. We have the Soviet spy. The geisha. The blind fury. We are getting stronger by the seconds. Hyori’s smirk just grew bigger. Yubin and Bom walked quickly while UEE was struggling with her cane. Seeing the respected spy in an obstacle, Mr. Cho rushed to help her.


“Allow me to walk you down the hall, Ms....” he didn’t even know her name yet he held her wrist and quickly assisted her to the meeting table. Sensing that someone was trying to take advantage of her (though not really, that was what she had sensed), UEE pulled away and produced a gun from her pocket. She had a pistol in one hand and her cane in the other. UEE posed like a fighter, ready to take on anyone that dared to hold her. Yubin rushed to her side and calmed her down.


“It’s okay, UEE. He’s an agent. We work for them.” Yubin reassured her. UEE calmed down and began to walk properly towards the meeting table, guided by Yubin.


“Alright. Where do we begin?” Bom asked, tying her long, brown hair into a messy bun. Mr. Cho looked intently at the geisha. He recalled her photo from the list of profiles and was surprised to see that she looked entirely different from when she had no makeup on.


“Ms. Park?”


“Mr. Cho.” Bom replied, a serious look marking her face. She was beautiful beyond compare, he decided. Much better looking without makeup.


“You have come.”

“Yes. I couldn’t refuse the call of duty. I need to be here when my country needs me.”


“You come from Japan?”


“Yes.”


“Ladies, let us gather round.” Hyori invited the three who had just arrived to sit down around the meeting table and have some cocktails. Just as they were about to get the meeting started, the doors swung open and in came Amber Liu and Kim Dasom.


“Dasom!” Mr. Cho exclaimed. He knew who she was having trained under him when she was part of an intelligence agency, a branch of the Task Force years ago.


“Mr. Cho. A pleasure.”


“You have grown so much.” said her proud mentor.


“You haven’t grown at all.” the investigator said in reply, poking fun at Mr. Cho’s a bit less than average height. Mr. Cho just sighed and smiled at Dasom’s humor. He turned his attention to the androgynous lady that was trailing and standing behind Dasom the whole time, puffing smoke and making the compound smell like nicotine.


“Excuse me.” Mr. Cho said as he arrogantly brushed past Amber. Amber raised her eyebrow and smirked at him.


“She’s an assassin too, you know.” Dasom informed Mr. Cho in case he didn’t know who Amber was.


“I know.” Mr. Cho looked at her and cringed. He found her to be a troubled bully, a rebel without a cause. Leaning forward, he whispered to Dasom, “I just don’t want to acknowledge that little piece of !”


“Stop it you!” Dasom scolded him. She too had to admit that she didn’t know Amber was an assassin until she walked in the building.


“Ladies. Front and center.” Hyori called for the assassins that were already present. Unfortunately, they were missing two more.


“We cannot start. I want all of us to be here.” Hyori said. “Where are the rest?”


“Who are we waiting for?” Yubin said as she and the rest of the girls took their seats. Mr. Cho commanded the board, preparing all the slides and evidences of rupture in Korea. While they were all settling down, the door swung open and an hourglass figure with a beautiful face on top presented herself before the panel


“I think you might’ve missed someone.” she said slyly. This beautiful lady whose body was as slender and curvy as a sidewinder’s walked carefully towards them. Her seductive face made Mr. Cho tingle in his shoes.


“Ms. Kwon Yuri. Come.” Hyori invited Yuri, the belly dancer who was also an expert in seductive slaying. Mr. Cho couldn’t help but stare at her curves which were emphasized by her tight tank top and skinny jeans. The belly dancer walked towards her colleagues and sat amongst them, eyeing them intently.


“Are we complete?” asked Yuri.


“A party’s never complete without the crazy one.” spoke someone from a distance. Everyone felt goosebumps as they turned their heads to the direction of the voice. Near the entrance, the very nook before the door, stood a figure of a seemingly disillusioned and quite deranged woman, hiding from everyone in an effort to conceal her mental instability.


“I mean, aren’t the lunatics the lives of the party?” she asked, a trace of madness in the tone of of her voice.


“Show yourself.” Yubin asked, clutching her gun tightly underneath the table, in case the lunatic would attack. The mad woman stepped forward and revealed her true identity. It was the nurse. Park Ji Yeon. And her terrifying appearance made the other girls cringe and gasp in fright. They felt completely aghast at the sight of the nurse.


“The Nightingale. What a surprise.” Hyori said. She was the only one who didn’t seem to be fazed by Ji Yeon’s Halloween-esque appearance. With half-black, half-blonde hair, amputated arms replaced by knives, and a bloody surgical mask covering her Chelsea grinned mouth Ji Yeon surely scared the living hell out of everyone.


“Still scared of me, huh Lee Hyori?” she teased. Using her knife arm, she glided the edge across Hyori’s tanned face, carefully so she wouldn’t scar the boss. Hyori arched her eyebrow, eyeing Ji Yeon’s knife intently, watching if it would scratch her face.


“You better keep your...arms away from my face, Ji Yeon.” Hyori said. She could feel Ji Yeon smirking underneath that surgical mask. Ji Yeon walked seductively towards the only remaining chair at the meeting table, her figure swaying in the curve-hugging nurse uniform that she wore.


“What? You never seen an amputee before?” she asked slyly. The others just looked at her with fear. Ji Yeon eyed UEE, whom she had never met and judging by the shades she wore, she knew instantly that someone else in the fighting squad had a disability.


“Enough with the squabbles.” Hyori said. “I brought you all here for a reason. As you know, the Crimsons have returned with a brand new plan in their hands. Korea has already reached a point where destruction has become rampant. We have to put a stop to this and that is why we have called for this assembly.”


“You women are the best assassins in the business.” stated Mr. Cho. ‘We trust in your abilities, based on what we have observed from you.”


“So what you’re saying is,” Yubin stood up and spoke, acting like the leader of the groups. “You researched on us, tried to find information about us.”


“Yes.” Mr. Cho replied. “The companies and agencies that you work for are connected to us. We are the central force by which crimefighting revolves around, in our country at least and all agents from all other agencies have profiles with us.”


“True.” Hyori said. “We trust in your abilities. We know what you can do. We’ve seen it.”


“And now, we have brought you together. You are Korea’s only hope.”


“Wait, wait, wait.” Bom spoke up. “You’re telling us that we, a group of killers, HIRED killers, are the last hope of these people?”


“Yes.” Mr. Cho affirmed. “Only your skill and benevolent violence can save the town.”


“You are the perfect combination.” Hyori said.


“How?” Dasom asked.


“3 Bs.” Hyori summed it up. Everyone paid attention to their leader in a gown.


“Beauty.” she looked at Yuri and Bom. “Faces and bodies that could launch a thousand ships.


“Brains.” she turned her attention to Dasom and Ji Yeon, two of the smartest and toughest women in the group. “One may not be mentally correct but I assure you. I know this woman longer than anyone and I can tell you that she is a brilliant nurse.


“Last but not the least,” Hyori turned her attention to the remaining ladies. They were Yubin the spy,  UEE the blind agent, and Amber the troubled, underaged street fighter. “The brawns. Excellent fighters. Skilled in weaponry. Agile and prompt.”


“The complete dream team.” said Mr. Cho dreamily. He couldn’t believe they were fully assembled.


“Before everything else and before we tell you about the adversary that you are to face, allow me to introduce you to one another.” Hyori said.  She turned to her right and looked at Yubin.


“Kim Yubin. Aid of the Russians. Been a spy since 19 years old. Runs in the blood.” she said pertaining to Yubin’s family history of spies.


“Park Bom. Geisha and Samurai. Lived in Japan all her life.”


“Amber Liu. 17 year old runaway. Bad family background but very smart and a great street fighter.”


“Kim Dasom also known as Melanie Kim. Born and raised in the United Kingdom. Excellent in deciphering codes, investigating crimes, and everything that has anything to do with logic.”


“Kim Yoo Jin also known as UEE. Born blind and mute but an excellent assassin and highly skilled in combat. Had succeeded in all of her operations.”


“Kwon Yuri. Belly dancer and a master in the art of seduction. Also great with knives so I recommend you and Amber to work together.” Yuri looked at Amber and smiled at her, eyeing her with her tantalizing, semi-deep set eyes. Amber raised her eyebrow and winked at Yuri.


“Park Ji Yeon. Was a nurse and is now an assassin seeking vengeance. As for her appearance, let’s just say that it was something in the past that she refuses to talk about. Ji Yeon is knowledgeable in medicine and possibly torture but let’s just focus on the positives, shall we?” Hyori was at a lack of words for the knife-armed nurse. Ji Yeon just stared at Hyori, arching her eyebrow and playing around with her knife arm. Hyori fearfully took a deep breath and continued.


“Last but not least, myself. I am Lee Hyori. I have been in the crime fighting and assassin business since ever. My codename is the Scarlet Macaw, evident in the gown that I am wearing right now. I pretty much know everything you girls know considering the fact that I have been in this business much longer than most of you have,  which is why I am your mentor.” she said.


“Mentor.” said Yubin. “I see you’re a good one.” she smirked. Hyori didn’t know if she should take it as a compliment or as a sarcastic insult.


“Thank you. However you meant that, it is appreciated.” Hyori said.


“Let’s get down to business, shall we?” asked Mr. Cho who was getting impatient with all of the girls’ talking.


“Alright. Ladies, let’s get serious.” Hyori then turned her attention to the huge screen and showed the girls what mission they were about to partake in.