Anastacia

Crimson

“Handguns, pistols...check.” she said as she sorted her things out. The small guns went in her pocket while the bigger ones went in the treasure chest-looking box she kept underneath her bed. She’s had them for as long as she could remember. It was all her father’s doing. Her father made her the way she was right now and she didn’t know if it was a blessing or a curse. Was it something to be grateful for or something worth condemning. She didn’t know.
 

 

“Goddammit. If it wasn’t for my dad I should be living a normal life right now. Not hiding here and there from people trying to chop my head off!” she complained. She gazed upon her arms again and reconsidered her thought. What she was experiencing now was not a curse but a gift. Something that she should be thankful happened.

 

 

She was Kim Yubin better known as Anastacia Kim. Yes, her father named her after the last princess of the Romanov clan. Why the fascination? Her father, simply put, was a Korean spy that worked in Russia, secretly solving crimes and assassinating criminals. His espionage work was highly revered and at the same time severely criticized. Many wanted him hunted down and several assassination plots had been made against him. Mr. Kim often narrowly escaped death, thanks to his skill. At his old age, he was still working as a Secret Agent in Russia and seemed to have passed the passion on to his one and only daughter.

 

 

And now, here she was, sorting out her own guns and some guns given to her by her father which he used in his prime. Her favorite amongst them all was a pistol she named, “Baby Jane”. It was a pistol that could shoot really far and kill someone pointblank, instantly. It was effective for her spy work, whenever someone intervened or tried to harm her. Like father, like daughter, many officials had been after Yubin but it was nothing to her. She had her own agenda that were far more serious than a bunch of gangs threatening her life.

 

 

“Pepper spray, Swiss knife...” she just had so many gadgets. One of the lessons her father taught her was how to be prepared and to always be prepared. At all times. Always. Never let the foe catch you not ready. You must always be ready for the attack.

 

 

Kim Yubin had all sorts of spy paraphernalia in her house as she was already connected to the Russian Espionage Society. They had her number, knew her location and often kept in contact with her, especially when it came to their missions. Her entire house seemed to have been invaded by the Russian Espionage Society. Her television was wired to them, so were her phones and even her house had special cameras equipped for conversation from Korea to Russia.

 

 

It wasn’t everyday that she had a mission but they’d come rather often. In a week, she’d spend 5 days working to bust a particular criminal or a group of bandits, hunting them down in places they wouldn’t expect to be found. Yubin worked as a one woman crimefighting team, performing her own stunts and investigations, radioing them in to the Russian Espionage Society. No mission was ever hard for Yubin.

 

 

Today was a Saturday, Yubin’s rest day supposedly. She had just finished sorting her things out and felt like grabbing some breakfast. She was confident that no one would phone her or radio her because the agency itself declared Saturdays and Sundays as non-working days for the young spy in order to give her time to catch up with her contemporaries. You know, live like a young person again, even just for two days. Unless someone called, that is. While fixing herself some toast right after waking up, she heard a noise that sounded a lot like radio frequency. She looked back at her alarm clock/radio and stared at it. Sure enough it was making noise, but who could demand for her presence at this time of the morning and on this day. A Saturday. Her rest day.

 

 

“Who the hell would radio me on a day like this?!” Yubin frustratingly said. She got up from her chair and stormed to the radio, pushing the answer button.

 

 

“Us.” answered the head of the Russian Espionage Society. “We have something very important to tell you. There is chaos in the world today. The Crimsons! They have evaded arrest and are looking to grow their armies to take over the world.”

 

 

“What?” Yubin grew alarmed of the situation. “How are they doing this?!”

 

 

“They kidnap people. Drain their brains and clone them. These clones become their zombies, they program them to do their dirty work.”

 

 

“We have to put a stop to this. How much time we got?” Yubin got off her seat and immediately dashed to her room to gather all her weapons. She placed the pistols and bullets on her bed and opened her wardrobe to look for the red and black dress as well as the black heels that she wore on her last mission in Prague.

 

 

“Not much. You have to hurry, Yubin. If you wanna make it in time.” warned the boss. Yubin slipped out of her pajamas and quickly put her mission dress on, slipping the pumps on her feet and getting her weapon belt where all her weapons are attached to. Yubin quickly headed out of her room and out to the parking lot where her Porsche Spyder was.

 

 

The Spyder, a gift from the Russian Espionage Society, was Yubin’s car and had been since her affiliation with the organization. This was the car that she used to get around and drive on missions. It was the exact same model that famed actor James Dean rode on to his death. They say that the car was cursed but Yubin could care less. When asked what brand of car she wanted, this was the first and only that came to her mind. The Porsche Spyder.

 

 

Yubin sped away in the Porsche, eyeing the city. Surely enough there wasn’t any chaos present-yet. People were functioning normally, going about their daily tasks but she made sure to consult with her advisers at the Russian Espionage Society first.

 

 

Somewhere in the depths of the city, people gone missing were held captive, experiments were performed and a world was about to be conquered. But on her way was a woman determined to put a halt to their atrocity.

 

 

Kim Yubin. Codename: Anastacia.