The Beginning

Crimson

Let’s pick up where we left off now, shall we? Remember when each of them were going about with their business, personal or not and all of a sudden they got calls from some agency demanding their presence? Well the chapter above explains that and that was the start of their mission. Hyori sent signals out to these assassins, demanding their presence.

 

The Crimsons were enjoying instant success in their mission. In an instant, with the Red Pearl’s power and the blocking of the sun, their country had turned into an underworld. Atrocities were vast sweeping the nation. People that were once decent were zombiefied, now found themselves unwittingly working for the most evil of all evil societies. And it was a group that looked like a bunch of dolls that had come to life. The Crimsons.


Their project, which was to create the almighty God, had not yet begun but they weren’t about to slack off. The Crimsons-headed by Lady Jane-gathered once more for a meeting. They were all dressed in black and white. The ladies had petticoat, maid looking dresses once again, giving them the appearance of maiden dolls. The gentlemen wore a similar patterned outfit only in the form of suits. The dollish group gathered in their meeting room to discuss the agenda.


“Right now.” Lady Jane spoke up. “We have managed to get most of Korea under our control. People are going crazy, tearing the city apart. Bad, but good enough if we want to reinvent it.”


“We need henchmen. People to do dirty work for us.” Raymond said.


“Yes. Our Almighty Leader is on his way to greatness. We just need to extract a little bit more from other people for him.” Lady Jane said. “And this is where the henchmen come in handy.”


Henchmen were staples to big time crime organizations zany enough to want to take over the world. These henchmen were to help the Crimsons undergo several operations that would be needed for the completion of their God and most likely, this included kidnapping and killing more people.


The Task Force that Hyori and Mr. Cho worked for wasn’t about to back down and let the Crimsons rule over Korea. As you know, they are prepared with a backup plan of their own.

The 7 assassins that were rallied up by Mr. Cho and Hyori had received their calls. They knew who they were working for and met them through connections in their company. Hyori anticipated their arrival.


“They should be here any minute now, if they had gotten the call.” Hyori said. “They work for several crimefighting agencies and groups that I have managed to tap on my phone and gain access and connections to.”


At the parking lot, a black Corvette pulled over, parked aggressively and stopped. The door opened and out flashed a beautiful, long, tanned and toned leg. This leg belonged to none other than the lovely Kim Yubin who had just arrived at the agency that had called for her services. She was clad in, as usual, all black with a black mini dress and black heels. She wasn’t shy to display her gun, holding it in her hand while making her way into the building. The guards noticed her and her weapon, feeling intimidated at the first glance.


“Ma’am, your weapon?” he said, reminding her that there was still security around. Yubin tilted her head up and took something out of her pocket, the tiny little pocket on the side of her dress and showed a small card to the guard.


“Kim Yubin. Assassin. Spy. Worked for the Russians.” Yubin let out a sly smirk, one side of her face covered by her hair.


“Well...” the guard said. He was taking long in allowing Yubin to enter that Yubin was starting to feel impatient. She gave him attitude once more.


“Isn’t this proof enough?” Yubin inched closer to him, close enough to hit him. The guard gulped as Yubin clutched the gun in her hand tightly. “Or would you like a demonstration.” The guard must’ve mistaken her for a minion of the Crimsons because of her no-nonsense facial expression and the aggressive way she confronted him.


“I am an assassin and my company is related to yours so if you don’t want your boss to fire your , I suggest you let me in.” Yubin demanded. “Or I will call him up.” The guard felt scared and obviously was intimidated by Yubin’s tactics that he let her in.


“Thank you.” Yubin greeted with a sweet yet sarcastic smile. She hurriedly looked for the nearest elevator and upon seeing it, she pushed the button, waiting for the elevator to come down. While she was waiting for it, she noticed a fairly tall, pale skinned girl wearing a shirt and jeans with a backpack on one shoulder and a sword hanging on the other. Something told Yubin she was also an assassin. Not wanting to trust right away, she glanced at the girl and looked back at the elevator which had already stopped.    Coincidentally, she and the other girl were going on the same elevator and before they knew it, they were beside each other again. Yubin didn’t want to start anything and she sensed that neither did the other girl. Both girls didn’t know what floor they were supposed to be on, well Yubin did.


“What floor?” asked the girl with a sword.


“5th.” Yubin replied coldly without looking at her.


“Push it then.” the girl said. Yubin shot a glance at her and squinted her eyes, pushing the button, succumbing to her command.


“Thank you.” said the pretty girl. Yubin eyed her from head to toe and from then knew she was an assassin sent by the agency to stop this madness. Did the girl know that she too was an assassin?


“I’m Yubin. Soviet spy.” she said extending her hand for the pretty girl to shake it. She looked at her face. Yes, indeed she was beautiful. There was no trace of makeup on her face and Yubin could tell that the beauty she was seeing before her was natural.


“Park Bom Lee. Korean expatriate. Samurai. Assassin. Geisha.” she mentioned her occupations one by one. Yubin smirked, impressed by her resume. She too had her own version.


“Kim Yubin. Soviet spy. Assassin. The only female spy in my family line. Been living in the Kremlin longer than you think.”


“No wonder you have an accent.” these assassins were both expatriates, having submerged themselves in cultures way different from their own, thus adapting foreign cultures and making them parts of their identity.


The elevator stopped on the 3rd floor, upon tilting their heads, they saw a suit-clad lady with aviator shades on her eyes. They knew instantly that she was blind by the way she felt for the spaces and corners of the elevator and because of the cane in her hand. Neither girl was kind enough to hold open the elevator and just when it was about to close, the lady in a suit performed a stunt that the two never thought she could do. She blocked the doors with her cane and slid underneath it, entering the elevator before spinning the cane in her hand, allowing the door to close.




“That was awesome.” Yubin said. The blind lady turned to her and smiled.


“Thank you.” she said in sign language. They just assumed that she said thank yous. They looked at her ID and saw her name. In Korean characters it read ‘Kim Yoo Jin’. Judging by the weapons on her belt and by the skill she showed earlier, she looked to be an assassin as well.


“Headed for the same room?” asked Bom. UEE or Yoo Jin nodded her head. The three assassins all met and made their way to the 5th floor which was the headquarters.


Down at the parking lot, a young tomboy came dashing towards the front door but as soon as she was only a few feet away from the entrance, the guard stopped her in her tracks.


“Hey man! What gives! I work here!” she said.


“You?” the guard smirked. “There’s no way a little brat like you works for the-” Amber showed off her martial arts and street fighting skills by kicking the guard in the midsection, twisting his arm and taking him down on the floor. Her cap fell on the ground in all the action and a bystander who had been watching rushed over, her heels clacking on the cold cement and picked it up.


“What’s going on here?” she asked. She saw the young tomboy locking the guard down on the ground with her fallen cap. She picked the cap up and handed it over to her.


“Excuse me. Please stop this.” she said calmly with her British accent. Amber refused to listen until granted entrance.


“What? Are you gonna let me in or am I going to break your neck here?” Amber threatened. To save himself (and his neck), the guard allowed her access, fully convinced that she was working for the Task Force.


“Alright. Get in.” he struggled to say. Amber heard him and released him, stood up and walked right in. Then, she remembered the lady that called for the halt of the fight and looked back.


“My cap.”


“Your cap.” spoke the lady with a British accent as she approached the troubled 17 year old. Dasom handed the cap to Amber who snatched it from her and placed it on her head. While walking in a bluntly ‘No Smoking’ area, Amber produced a box of cigarettes from her pocket and began to smoke. Dasom was shocked at what Amber was doing and ran over to stop her.


“Excuse me young lady but this is a non-smoking area.” she scolded Amber like Amber was her daughter, Amber turned around and gave her a cocky, arrogant smirk.


“Well excuse me, lady. This is a free country and I smoke wherever the hell I want to smoke.” she said. Dasom didn’t want to argue anymore after seeing the toughness that she displayed on the security guard and just left her alone. Instead, Dasom quietly headed for the elevator, pushing the button and waiting for it to stop. A feeling of sheer dread came over her when she saw that Amber was taking the same elevator that she was about to take.


“Headed the same way, lady?” asked the tough tomboy. Dasom looked at her and nodded.


“Yeah.”


“Let me guess.” Amber walked past her, prancing and smoking, puffing smoke in the air. Dasom waved her hand in front her face to remove the smoke from her face. Amber chuckled at the sight of this. Two completely opposite women about to enter the elevator together.


“Amber Liu. 17. Runaway.” she extended her hand. “This agency gave me a call. Must’ve seen me fight in the streets. You?” Dasom was hesitant to shake the troubled teenager’s hand.


“Come on! I don’t bite!” she said. “Shake it.” Dasom felt bad for judging her right away and took her hand to shake it.


“Kim Dasom.”


“Oh! You’re an English speaker, too?”


“Yes.”


“I was born in ‘Merica.” Amber said, puffing out more smoke. Dasom was really starting to feel uneasy and just as soon as the elevator stopped, the two women got inside.


The team was now starting to come together. But this wasn’t the last of it...