The Assassins

Crimson

Hyori had swerved her way back into the office. She parked her car in the parking lot and stormed right out of her sports vehicle, dashing into the building with all her belongings still in her hand. The beautiful lady assassin frantically sprinted to the elevator to swiftly aid her to the office of one of their bosses, Mr. Cho.

 

“I have to get to Mr. Cho. He has to know about this.” Hyori repeated to herself. She reached the 5th floor and in her red gown, dashed out as fast as she could, running with her head turning left and right, looking for Mr. Cho’s office. Upon finding the door, she burst into his office, shocking the man working behind the desk.


“Hyori. What a surprise!” Mr. Cho looked up calmly at the frantic assassin who had been phoning him and freaking out about Korea’s current state of emergency.


“Mr. Cho. I’m surprised you’re not panicking!” Hyori tried to explain to him and show him the severity of the crimes.


“Why should I? Panicking won’t do me or the city any good.” Mr. Cho calmly said again. His face was so serene, like he found some sort of peace in the midst of all this chaos. Hyori was panicking before him, trying to come up with a plan.


“Mr. Cho, I have an idea. I know how to put a stop to this.” Hyori placed her hands on Mr. Cho’s table, angrily clasping the papers. Mr. Cho finally felt tensed and stood up, smartened his suit and led Hyori to the meeting room.


“Follow me, Ms. Lee.” Hyori in her gown trailed behind him, eagerly awaiting the plan that Mr. Cho had in mind, hoping that it was the same thing she had been planning.


“I shall reveal my plan. Right now.” Mr. Cho sat down and urged Hyori to take a seat,too.


“Sit down, Ms. Lee.” Hyori sat down across Mr. Cho and paid close attention.


“They called me up.” Hyori said.


“Who did?” Mr. Cho looked up from writing and paid closer attention.


“My bosses. They informed me about this. I told them to rally them up.”


“Them?” asked Mr. Cho. It seemed to be getting clearer to him that they had the same plan.  “Who them?” Hyori then stood up and proceeded to the front to discuss her plans to curb this evil that was reigning in Korea.


“I had a plan. I knew this day was coming. I knew that the Crimsons would rise again and would continue their never-ending attempt to take over the country. We have to put a stop to this before they put a stop to our existence.” Hyori said.


“How? I mean, I had the same idea, but I don’t know or I’m not quite sure how.”  Mr. Cho was at a loss for words.


“Simple, really.” Hyori started. She turned the monitors on and showed 7 pictures of 7 different women, each with their profiles below . The women were undoubtedly beautiful but looked to be too young to carry out such complicated tasks. For once,  Mr. Cho doubted them and even worried that they could fail this mission.


“Are you sure about this, Scarlet Macaw?” he referred to Hyori by her codename. “Because they seem to be quite fragile. Especially a few girls here.” He pointed at Bom (the geisha) who seemed rather fragile and Yuri (the belly dancer) who looked too clueless about the world of espionage.


“Did you get me dancers when I asked for spies?” he asked sarcastically, poking fun at Hyori’s tactics.


“No sir.” Hyori stood by her plan. “These women are among the most experienced women in the field of espionage.”


“Oh really now?” Mr. Cho was on his toes, smirking and laughing. He just couldn’t find it in him to take Hyori’s plan seriously.


“So let me get this straight.” he spoke, prancing from left to right. Hyori was really tensed and annoyed that Mr. Cho wouldn’t pay attention to her. “I am to believe that these girls right here are actually internationally acclaimed and highly skilled women who you think are capable of defeating the great evils?”


“Yes.” Hyori said smartly. “I think that they have what it takes to defeat the Crimsons.”


“Can you introduce me to each and every single one of them?” Mr. Cho was still not convinced. He sat down in his swivel chair, rested his back against the backrest and relaxed himself. He was pretty sure that Hyori’s plan was another one of those about to fail, fast to fail ones. His idea was better. Hyori swiftly turned to the monitor and pushed the touch screen device, her finger on Yubin’s picture. She dragged the picture forward and zoomed her profile in.


“Kim Yubin. Soviet spy. As early as childhood she began training for this job. She came from a line of assassins, her grandfather and father being some of the best in the world of espionage. Kim Yubin is the only female assassin in her family and she has been doing a mighty well job upholding the family business that was once only for the males.” Hyori showed him clips of Yubin in Russia taking bad guys down, poisoning enemies of their association...” Hyori kept showing him the clips and looked at his face. She saw on Mr. Cho’s face that he seemed to be amused and amazed with Yubin.


“Show me more. Convince me that this is a good idea.” he said. Hyori smirk, seeing the satisfied smile on Mr. Cho’s face, presented to him the profiles of the other women that the Agency had managed to pick up.


“Kwon Yuri. Assassin in disguise of a belly dancer. Expert in belly dancing and the art of capoiera.” she glided the profile across the screen before Mr. Cho.


“Kim Yoo Jin also known as UEE. Hitman. Assassin. Intelligence Agent. Best of the best, always hired by the West. But most interesting,” Hyori let out a smile.


“What? Not yet impressed?” she asked. Mr. Cho clasped his hands together.


“What is the most interesting part?” he asked.


“She’s blind.” Hyori said bluntly. “ She’s at the top of her game in the intelligence agency, in the spying business, and she’s blind.” Mr. Cho dropped his pen.


“So you’re telling me-”


“Park Bom. Korean expatriate in Japan. An expert in the art of samurai, wushu, aikido, jiu jitsu, karatedo, and geisha services. She can cut a man like a pineapple with that sword.” Hyori smirked. “And look good doing it.”


“Woah...slow down-”


“Amber Liu. 17 year old runaway. Excellent in street fighting and gun slinging as well as running away. Excellent for stealth.”


“Ms. Hyori-” At the rate Hyori was going, there was no stopping her. She was really proud of the people she had assembled and was showing them off one by one to Mr. Cho who underestimated her plan at first.


“Park Ji Yeon. The nightingale. Furious nurse who takes her past frustrations out on people. By killing them. Vicious in battle, gentle in care. May have a couple of screws loose but still fully functional and can grasp information.”  Hyori slid Ji Yeon’s profile towards Mr. Cho who scanned it.


“A nurse in times of war. Interesting.”


“Kim Dasom. Also known as Melanie Kim. Sophisticated, educated in England, a great detective. Hopes to follow in the footsteps of Sherlock Holmes and is doing quite well in that field.” Hyori praised Dasom, a girl who seemed to be her favorite amongst the assassins. “A prim and proper, queenly young lady but packs a punch when it comes to missions.”


“Interesting. This Dasom girl is just my ideal spy.”


“Last but not least, me, Lee Hyori.” Mr. Cho’s eyes widened in fear and surprise.


“What?”


“Yes. Me. Hyori. I am going to fight the Crimsons along with these assassins. We have to put a stop to this before it ceases us from existing. Their plot is to brainwash us, make us their minions and rule over Korea. If this continues, they could spread their atrocities across the globe.”


“You better.” Mr. Cho said.


“I have to.”


“You better assemble these women now.” Mr. Cho’s anxiety rate seemed to have increased by a bit.


“Send the calls out. We have a war to win.”


Meanwhile, the outside of Korea was teeming  with brain-dead zombies, now minions of the warlords that were the Crimsons, lusting for power. This, however, wasn’t their only plan as they were only getting started.