One step closer

The last piece of memories...

 

 

"No!!.. Umma!! Appa!!! Please don't!!! Please don't leave me!!!!" The 7 years old version of Yuri shouted. She was crying so hard that she was even hiccuping. "Yuri-ah.. Stay here.. Just don't..come out.." An elderly woman said as she embraced the younger girl. "Umma.." Yuri hugged her back. "..Appa.." She looked up at the said man who was trying to avoid her gaze. The "umma" pulled away as she stood up. Just when she was about to turn her back, Yuri held the corner of her blouse. "...saranghae.." The former girl whispered to her parents. 
 
That made the elders broke down. The man hugged her suddenly which was immediately joined by the woman. "Darling, we love you too.." 
 
The woman took of her necklace and wore it on Yuri's neck. The necklace beautifully lay on her chest, a silver hexagon locket standing proudly. "..Umma.." "Yuri-ah.. Don't lose this necklace. It will protect you and guide you. Find Baekhyun and hide until you're fully trained." She wiped the tear strain on Yuri's cheek. "Don't take revenge, regain peace, my beautiful daughter.." Those were the last words before both of her parents disappeared in thin air... Yuri's eyes went wide as she called out for her, now disappeared parents. "Umma!!! Appa!!!!"
 
~~~~~~~~~
 
"Umma!!!! Appa!!!!" Yuri set up straight in bed, with her whole body covering in sweat. Her breaths were shaky and her body was ,oh, so trembling. That was just a dream... But it felt so real. Moreover, the hexagon neckace laying gracefully on her chest made the dream more real. She felt like crying... The necklace was with her since she remembered. But she never knew from whom she received this. But now, it was quite obvious that her mother was the former owner. She started crying as the door to her room crept open. 
 
"Yuri-ah.. Are you okay?" Baekhyun came in. She turned to his direction as she felt herself getting eager to ask him. "Oppa.." She started. "..Can you tell me what happened to me before you found me at the orphanage?" She asked. Baekhyun, taking a seat on her bed, froze which he managed to hide as he looked at her. He smiled. "I'm not sure. Your parents..died in an accident and.. That is all I know.. Why, sweetie?" 
 
Of course, she might believe these words in the past but hey, she wasn't going to buy it right now. She knew nothing about her past but deep down, she knew he wasn't telling her the truth. "Tell me the truth, Oppa.." Baekhyun chuckled, living up the awkward atmosphere. "Of course, I'm telling you the truth.." or so is it?
 
Yuri felt her eyes starting to get wet. "..You're lying!!!" She shouted to his face. Baekhyun stared at her, lost of words. "..This necklace.," holding it, she continued, "..Umma gave it to me!! Having..a hexagon locket, which is so looking the same as your and all the other boys' necklaces right there except for the colour and the print on it. I knew it was fishy. And now, it was given to me by my mother, who seemed to know you as well!!!!! You had known me before the meeting at the orphanage and you know WHO I AM!! Who are you???!!! What do you want from me??!!!" She started crying as she shouted atop her lungs. Baekhyun was dumbfounded , not knowing what to do. She was starting to get it back. And when I said 'it', that is her memories. She started to hit him on his chest as she continued, "Park Yuri.. Is that even my name???? My parents didn't pass away because of pure accident, did they??? Tell me how they died?? Or are they still alive and you just made up those bloody lies to have your way with me??!!!!" She didn't mean the last part she was just having difficulty in choosing words. But it didn't seem to help the male in front of her. Have his way with her?.. It as obviously painful. Baekhyun hang his head low as he tried to build courage. His heart was shattering into thousand pieces. "I HATE YOU!!!" She shouted as she shuffled out of her bed and ran outside. 
 
Feeling water drops on his hands, he found himself crying. "What have I done?.." He quietly murmured as he buried his face in his palm, crying out, breaking down. 
 
--------------
 
Daehyun was lying flat on his bed, staring the ceiling above him. Two days ago, he was spending his night with BAP for the first time after two bloody years. He sighed, slightly feeling happy. He left them because he was afraid that he might harm them but it seemed so impossible right now. He wasn't completely a vampire yet but he was slowly changing. He had his craving time but he could managed himself from drinking which was why he was turning paler. He didn't lose his mind and attack anyone or started having his thirst of blood. On one slight condition. 
 
Park Yuri..
 
He didn't  know how or why but when he's near her, he couldn't control his monster side. Maybe because she's the one? The legend of who will bring peace to both dimensions; human and vampire? 
 
He sighed as he got off of the bed and made his way to the kitchen. Opening his fridge and finding nothing, he knew he had to run a little errand for himself. Looking out the window, he found that it was raining. Heavily indeed. He sighed as he took an umbrella and made his way outside. 
 
-----------
 
Yuri ran out of her bedroom and brushed past Kai. "Yuri-ah!! Where are you go—" he stopped what he was saying when he saw her not paying attention and quickly ran out of the house. "It's raining!!" He shouted. Quite confused, he looked around to find the door to her room wide open. Curiously stepping in, he found Baekhyun crying. He raised a brow. That was the first time he saw his hyung crying. He didn't even cry when they all went away from their home leaving their death parents. And now he's crying? It was a bit startling because the cause was a girl, Yuri. "Hyung.." He said. "I was wrong... I should've known.. She..she's getting back.." Baekhyun shakily said. "Baekhyun.." Chanyeol came into the scene. "..Don't you think we should go and find her?.."
 
----------
 
Yuri let her feet guide her to somewhere, anywhere she can be away from Exo, and Baekhyun. She loved him. She trusted him. He..was always there for her. He was the one who have protected her. But now.. Are they all fake?.. 
 
She was soaking wet. She forgot it was raining. She forgot she had come outside. With no shoes or sandals on, with no cardigan or coat on, all she had on her petite body was a white plain tee and a khaki denim shorts. She was a mess. She reached to some place like a market and she just sat down on the stair case. Crying indeed. Passerbys looked at her but she didn't care.. 
 
She was distracted by her own madness. The one she used to look up on, the one she cared the most, the one who made her feel safe, the one... she had, scratch that, has a crush on. Yes, she has a crush on him. But now, she felt like there's this called space between them. She felt like this was all a lie.. Her life was a lie....
 
"Hey.." With that mysterious voice, an umbrella protectively hovered above her.