~08~

The Dance Master... or not? ~~HIATUS~~

 

length: 1521 words
 

 
Meanwhile Cho Kyuhyun was having the hardest time of his life, and that's a lot considering all he's been through. It turned out that Lee Hyukjae changes about 180 degrees when he's dancing and is no more a shy, stammering person that Kyuhyun got to know earlier. This Eunhyuk was a strong, confident boy who knew what he was here for.
 
They started with basic stretching, Eunhyuk showing how to do it and Kyuhyun copying the moves - that wasn't bad so far. Okay, maybe Kyuhyun fell over three or four times during this ten minutes, but still, he managed at last to touch the ground with his palms. Yeah, definitely a success, he thought with satisfaction.
 
Then they moved to the first moves with music. It wasn't the music Kyuhyun was used to and all he could think was: Does Heechul seriously want me to sing like THAT? so goes without saying he failed to do even one of Eunhyuk's exercises.
 
Eunhyuk turned the music off. It helped... A little. Kyuhyun managed to do the first thing Hyukjae told him to do right, so the dancer with a glint of hope showed him the second one which required him to not only use his feet to move, but also his hands.
 
Kyuhyun failed. Heechul scowled and left the room not being able to watch that anymore. Eunhyuk, who finally realized what Hankyung and Sungmin meant by calling him 'hopeless case', desperately wanted to join the manager but he knew he'd have lost his dream job if he did that so the dancer stayed. 
 
"You've got to use them both in synch" Eunhyuk repeated for the God-knows-which time. "Like that." and he showed him the move again. Kyuhyun could only watch him helplessly wondering just why his life was so unfair and, for the n-th time, WHY did he hire Kim Heechul even though all his acquaintances had been telling him not to. "Try once more."
 
Kyuhyun tried. He really, really, sincerely and honestly did. He failed. Eunhyuk felt like crying.
 
"Okay, you know what," he started. "Let's just not rush things. We'll limit ourselves to trying to feel the rhythm."
 
"Sounds good" Kyuhyun panted.
 
Eunhyuk looked at him surprised. "How can you be so tired after, like, 20 minutes of doing almost nothing?"
 
Kyuhyun glared. "Try doing anything physically comprehensive after all you've been doing in your free time past couple of years, was playing StarCraft" he grumbled and sat on the floor, motioning Eunhyuk to do so as well.
 
"StarCraft?" Hyukjae raised his eyebrow. "You play StarCraft?"
 
This time it was Kyuhyun's turn to look at him surprised. "So there actually IS someone who doesn't now it yet?"
 
"Very funny" Eunhyuk rolled his eyes. Kyuhyun smirked. "Just so you know, I am not a fan of yours... I'm not even sure if I ever heard any of your songs."
 
"Yeah, considering the music you played earlier," he pulled a face at the word 'music'. "it would be weird if you heard them."
 
Eunhyuk pouted. "Get up then. Break's over."
 
"Wait!" Kyuhyun panicked. "Ok, so you're not a fan. What about your friend? The cute one?" he asked the first thing that came to his mind. Eunhyuk stopped his motions.
 
"He... ugh," he paused. "He knows everything about you." he finished, praying for Kyuhyun to not ask any further because he was terrible at lying. Kyuhyun smirked again.
 
"Is that so?" he said looking extremely pleased.
 
"Yeah" Eunhyuk cleared his throat. "Now shall we move on with our practice?" he thought of Heechul and shivered at the thought what he would say seeing them both on the floor, not doing anything.
 
"A minute more, please..." Kyuhyun also thought about Heechul and that it was probably the first and the last training he wasn't watching and Kyuhyun had to play it nicely so he wouldn't have to dance anymore today. Just like in strategy games, Kyuhyun, he thought. You're a pro, think of something that'll stop him, think! Wait, games? The singer smiled.
 
"So, um, you said something about StarCraft?" he tried.
 
Eunhyuk's face lit up. "Yeah! I was just surprised because I play it too!" Bingo.
 
"You're any good?" Kyuhyun asked halfheartedly. He knew every good players' nicks and there wasn't any Hyukjae or Eunhyuk.
 
"I'm the second in charts!" the dancer announced proudly.
 
Kyuhyun widened his eyes. "Eh?!" He was the third! Did this mean that Eunhyuk went by nick ikmubmik or anchovy86? Because they were the only ones he hadn't beaten yet.
 
"Yup" he nodded. "And you?"
 
"I..." Kyuhyun stammered. "I don't do rankings, I just play it for fun" he lied, swearing to himself that he won't stop playing even for sleep and food untill he defeats Eunhyuk.
 
"That's a shame, I thought we could game together some time" Over my dead body, thought Kyuhyun. "By the way, did you know there's that fan of yours who's really good at it?"
 
"Huh?" asked Kyuhyun confused. His fan?
 
"Yeah, her nick is ChoKyuhyunJjang and her score is right after mine! I remember how shocked I was when I saw a girl playing StarCraft" Eunhyuk laughed.
 
"...Oh" Kyuhyun really couldn't bring himself to anything more than that. A girl?
 
"We should really go back to practice" Eunhyuk spoke up after couple minutes of silence. Kyuhyun only nodded.
 
Like the dancer said, they focused on feeling the rhythm this time. Which was a wise decision, thought Eunhyuk after he saw that Kyuhyun didn't get even that much. They practiced hard for the next two hours after which even Hyukjae was slightly tired and his legs hurt a tiny little bit, but what was worse for him, was the frustration he felt when he saw the progress was close to one, big, round zero. Kyuhyun on the other hand was just being simply exhausted so when Eunhyuk announced another break, he could only breath deeply and fall on the floor. He didn't feel like standing up EVER again.
 
Hyukjae looked at the motionless mess of limbs on the floor and shook his head. He needed to release all this frustration or else they won't go far, so he went to the CD player and pushed the play button. He felt the familiar feeling of music spreading all over his body, begging him to give in and start moving, start dancing after those couple of weeks when he hadn't got any chance to do it. He smiled remembering just why he loved what he did and then, finally, surrendered.
 
Kyuhyun watched the dancer in awe from his spot on the floor. Now he understood what Heechul meant by saying he's good. His movements were smooth and slow one second, then fast and sharp the next one. Kyuhyun was mesmerized by the sight while Hyukjae was totally focused on what he was doing so it's not a surprise that neither of them noticed a person silently entering the room.
 
Then the song ended. Eunhyuk smiled satisfied that he hadn't forgotten anything. Kyuhyun stayed still, afraid that he'll ruin the weird mood that suddenly surrounded them (though thoughts of killing Eunhyuk in StarCraft still lazed around somewhere in the back of his mind).
 
"Remember when I told you I might like you?" someone spoke up and the odd atmosphere vanished. Kyuhyun tried to turn to look who it was but then felt his sore body protesting at the movement; he groaned and resigned. "Scratch that, I love you Hyukkie! Will you be my boyfriend?" exclaimed Donghae with shining eyes.
 
Eunhyuk jumped at the voice, he had silently hoped he'll manage to avoid the boy a little longer than four hours. Then he noticed that both Kyuhyun's and Donghae's eyes were on him and realized he was being asked something.
 
"Ehm... what?"
 
"I said I love you!" Donghae repeated, walking to Eunhyuk and hugging him like there was no tomorrow. Or, as Hyukjae thought, suffocating him mercilessly.
 
"E-eh?" aaand the stammering version of the dancer was back, Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. "No!" Eunhyuk's eyes widened in pure horror. "I'm not gay!"
 
"Neither am I!" Donghae laughed. "So will you be my boyfriend?"
 
"B-but... you said you weren't gay!" Hyukjae was being confused again. Kyuhyun smirked at the sight and the thoughts of revange came back to his priorities.
 
"He's not" he said oh-so-helpfully.
 
"See? I'm not! So will you?" Donghae managed to hug him even tighter.
 
"I- No! I won't, I'm-"
 
"Please, Hyukkie!" Donghae looked at him with his big round eyes. "We're meant for each other!"
 
"Y-you're suffocating me" Eunhyuk caughed.
 
"Oh? I'm sorry, I didn't want to! But you know, you have to be with me" he started.
 
"Do I?" Hyukjae was almost too scared to ask. "Why is that?" Not enough apparently.
 
"Because! What if the Aliens come to Earth tomorrow, and you won't be there with me? What if they won't have good inentions, and they'll destroy our planet and they will only take me with them and I won't manage to convince them to take you, too? What if..." Eunhyuk's eyes were becoming bigger and bigger. He glanced at the singer seeking any help.
 
Kyuhyun chuckled evilly. Serves you right, he thought, for calling me a girl.
 
"I won't disturb you your lover's time, guys" he said. "I'm going to take a bath. Make sure to be at dinner on time!" he chirped and flew out of the room, congratulating himself internally. Cho Kyuhyun, you're such a genius!
 
 

Okay, I never played StarCraft so I have no idea what it's about apart from the fact that it's a strategy game, but I suppose there have to be some rankings, right? >_<
+ YAYYY for super ninja!Kibum! (Love his new drama xD) golden fish for those who spot him :]
 
Also, I didn't even plan on writing it today, let alone posting it BUT, oh joys of being a fangirl! 6th jib!! I'm so excited, I loved EunHae's teaser photos and the name of the album! y, Free & Single - if only it was a true... Kkk >:D
 
Now please dear Shisus, let KyuMin's pictures be the next ones ^^
 
Anyway, I hope you like this chapter, I had fun imagining poor Kyu being tortured by Eunhyuk and then Kyu's revange in the form of our fishie Hae :P So comment and subscribe,
 
~love, puppysauruss ^-^v