~05~

The Dance Master... or not? ~~HIATUS~~

length: 1320 words

 


 

 
You've GOT to be kidding me, was the only thing in Sungmin's not-really-awake mind on the windy and cloudy Saturday, 9th June, 6:13 AM. 
 
When he woke up (5 AM, really, who and why would think of such ungodly early hours to set a trip on?) the first thing his brain registered, was the brass monkey weather, how very much different from the day before; but he didn't think much of it because, come on, not every day is bright and it's normal and doesn't have to mean anything bad. With that thought Sungmin smiled, shook his head and went to prepare some breakfast for him and Hyukjae, since he was weirdly sure his best friend would forget about something as prosaic as food in his excitement.
 
It was when he discovered his fridge had broken through the night, that he thought for the first time that maybe, just maybe, he was wrong about weather not being related to his life.
 
It was when he remembered he had done the big grocery shopping the previous day, and then he saw it all turned to inadequate to human consumption, that he cursed his optimistic thinking from before once again.
 
It was when he had to walk all the way to supermarket and all the way back (with heavy bags and much, much lighter wallet) because he had forgotten to charge his phone, that he stated definitely and beyond recall that his life and he prefered sunny days MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH more.
 
All this resulted with an angry Sungmin waiting with his friend (who he blamed of everything that had happened today, of everything what will happen today, and supposedly of the future thunderstorms, floods, earthquakes and the surely upcoming World War III) for some guy who was just being terribly late. Yup, he thought, merely glancing at the car parking beside them, maybe weather is a pretty good indication of his life.
 
He only confirmed that fact when he noticed just WHO was getting out of the car. The person was dressed up in the latest fashion jacket, his face was half covered with the glasses Sungmin would give a lot to own, and his pants were emphasizing his perfect legs. Not that he looked especially attentively cause he didn't, it was a gift of his, his personal talent to recognize beauty and fashion that Sungmin was proud of. A short second after he identified Kim Heechul, he realized who must have been sitting in the car, probably waiting for them to get into it. It was a well known fact, that a certain ballad singer rarely did anything or went anywhere without his hated by every show's staff members, respected by almost all celebrities and shipped by people who hadn't ever met him personally, manager.
 
"I was wrong," he murmured to himself miserably. "this is the..." suddenly a funny idea popped into Sungmin's mind. A whole loads of them actually, "...the..." his eyes lit up mischeviously; he knew he might have looked kind of scary, but! Just think of all these mean things he could do while living in one house with this guy! Just think of how awesome entries he would be able to post on his webside! Just think of- "...the BEST day of my life!" 
 
Eunhyuk glanced at him alarmed. "What are you muttering there, huh, Minnie?"
 
"You don't know who you'll get to work with, do you?" Sungmin laughed ignoring his question.
 
"Nah, the only thing I know from Hankyung hyung is that he's -"
 
"He's a helpless case, damn right! I feel for you Hyukkie, really, you have no idea how perfect of a term it is to describe that person- Oh how could I have not noticed what was going on? 'the helpless case', 'scary manager', God, I'm so stupid!" he continued to rant like that for a little longer. 
 
Then he remebered that Kim Heechul was getting closer to them and he decided to wear the cutest smile he could manage. If someone were to ask Eunhyuk, he would say it didn't bode well, but since no one did, he just shrugged and walked to the man who he recognized as his employer that he had met the day before.
 
"Everyone ready?" Heechul spoke up before they could even open their mouths. "Cause we don't have all day-"
 
"Kim Heechul-sshi, it's so nice to meet you, I've heard so much about you," Sungmin made his big bunny eyes and smiled sweetly; Eunhyuk threw him a surprised glance. "You're manager-skills are famous in the whole..." before he could finish, Heechul interrupted him.
 
"Yeah, I know, I'm the best. I would love to hear about me more, but we can go back to it in the car now, can't we" he said almost nicely. "Because some moody primadonna is waiting" this part he only muttered to himself, not quietly enough for Sungmin to not hear though. Sungmin smirked.
 
"Of course we can, Heechul-sshi," he nodded. "I'm Lee Sungmin by the way" cute and polite introduction - check!
 
Heechul stopped, looking like he only now noticed his presence. He furrowed his eyebrows. "Right, and you're here because...?" he left his question hanging.
 
"I'm Eunhyuk's best friend!" Sungmin replied with a light bow.
 
"Right, and you're here because...?" the manager repeated.
 
Sungmin growled internally; he had for a moment forgotten who he was talking with.
 
"He's my moral support," Hyukjae felt like he should speak up before the storm. With thunders. "I need him to be able to work."
 
Heechul furrowed his eyebrows even more. "So you're, like... together?"
 
"Eww, no!"
 
"No way, uh!"
 
They shouted in unison without any gram of hesitance.
 
"Oh how much you two love each other" Heechul commented sarcastically. "Whatever. You can stay, just don't disturb any of us," he finally stated. "Now pack your bags and get in the car" that Heechul guy was born to order people around, Sungmin was sure of it!
 
After they were done shoving their bags to the trunk (not without an accident in which the only victim was Sungmin's foot - it appeared he was right about blaming Eunhyuk of the whole evil of the world), they finally seated themselves in the black van. Sungmin only then realized he could faintly remember tinkering with its tires. He smiled contentedly and looked up. There, at the seat next to the driver's was his most hated person in the world. Though, after today's pleasure of meeting Kim Heechul, he thought Cho Kyuhyun finally had a rival.
 
Said singer also looked at them and nodded his head. (Couldn't he take that mask off even in the car? slipped Sungmin's mind without him noticing it.)
 
"Hello, I'm Cho Kyuhyun," he introduced himself. "You have to be Eunhyuk, my new dance teacher." Hyukjae nodded. "And you are...?" he asked in exactly the same voice as his manager. Seriously, had they been practicing it or what! Sungmin was slowly beginning to hate that question.
 
He smiled innocently nonetheless. "I'm Lee Sungmin, Eunhyuk's best friend... and his moral support" he added at the second thought.
 
Hyukjae though, seemed like he had just woken up. He opened his mouth, then closed it. Then opened it again.
 
"Y-you're..." the dancer stammered a bit. "you're the guy that Sungmin--"
 
"...had read about some time earlier" he finished while Eunhyuk busied himself with rubbing his sore ribs, with a pout on his face, in a way he hoped wasn't very transparent. Sungmin didn't look like it, but he was strong, damn it! And he should watch how much of his strength he's using when being with his, just to remind you, best friend!
 
Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow.
 
"Yeah, I... I've seen your latest show" it wasn't a lie, not really, he did see the show, he just shuned every part with Kyuhyun in it. "It was... nice." Stupid monkey friend of his! A bit more, and he would have ruined his perfect plan!
 
"If you say so," with that said, Kyuhyun turned back to the front and put on his earphones. Sungmin made a face.
 
Cho Kyuhyun, you are so dead.
 
 

Du du du duuuummm! And they met ^-^ This chapter is about nothing. OTL i'm sorry. It's Sungmin's fault >.<
Anyway, in the next chapter we're back to Kyuhyun's pov, who's happy? I am! xD As always, chapter beta-ed by my lovely EverlastingShawol <3
so comment and subscribe if you like it (if you don't... do it as well! Maybe you will at some point :P) 
 
~ love, puppysauruss ^-^v