~04~

The Dance Master... or not? ~~HIATUS~~

length: 1768

 


 

It was a nice, sunny day. One of these days when everything goes as planned, when you don't argue with your best friend, when your boss doesn't accuse you of something you didn't even think of doing, when a fortune is kind enough to let you find some additional money in your pocket that you had forgotten about ages ago and that you can use as you pleasure because nothing is pressing you to pay the landlord or buy some much needed but not really wanted stuff. Lee Sunmin was close to admitting that this was one of the best days in his whole life. He was just about to finish writing an entry on his favourite webside, when he felt his cell phone buzzing.
 
"Hello" he said cheerfully to his mobile. "Oh, hi there! Finally! Now tell me, what is the big news you texted me about?" asked Sungmin with a smile and somehow he was sure that the news would be indeed great because, really, what could go wrong on a day like today? Nothing, that's right.
 
"You won't believe when I tell you!" shouted Hyukjae, because he was the one calling his best friend. "I've got a job! Like, a real, full-time job!" Sungmin could practicaly see the sparkling eyes of the boy.
 
"Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip! Yeah Awesome!!! I told you you shouldn't give up, Hyukkie. So what job is that? In an office? No, you wouldn't be this happy then" he answered himself. "At the beach? You could show off your abs and that would definitely make you happ- I know! The shop assistant in one of your favourite DVD rentals!" Sungmin grinned. He couldn't help but tease his friend a little, even if he knew just what kind of job that must have been.
 
There was only one thing in this world that made Eunhyuk this excited. Well, two, but he didn't exactly tend to be talking about non-stop; to be honest, if it weren't for one little accident in the past, Sungmin wouldn't have ever suspected his friend of watching such movies. Every single time Sungmin brought the subject up though, Hyukjae would blush furiously and pretend he didn't know what he was talking about - and thinking about it now, that was a big part of the reason why he loved teasing him this much.
 
"M-Minnie! I wouldn't- I never... That was just once... You went... Stop it!" Sungmin chuckled; he knew it was going to work. "Okay, I won't tell you then" said Eunhyuk, sulking. (Sungmin could swear he heard the pout. And no, it doesn't matter a pout can't be heard because he DID.)
 
"Oh come on, I'm stopping" laughed Sungmin.
 
"Promise?"
 
"Yeah, whatever. Even pinky promise."
 
"Okay, prepare yourself because this may come as a shock. I. Became. A. Dancing. Teacher." said Eunhyuk making a pause after each word. "Can you believe that? Me! Heck, I can't even believe that, let alone you, oh my god, it's so crazy! I never thought that I could earn money AND dance at the same time, it's like a dream come true and..." Sungmin's smile widened when he was listening to the excited babbling of his friend. He was seriously happy for him since the boy was in such huge need of money that he even considered giving up dancing in favour of finding some boring job. "...I can move out of that stupid flat as well because the guy said I'll be granted some nice place to live and work and- Are you there, Minnie?" Eunhyuk suddenly stopped.
 
"Yeah, I am so happy for you, you can't even imagine" Sungmin answered. "Now if you ever dare to resign from that job, I'll personally strangle you, got it?" he joked. "And you've got to call at least once every day, because I'll miss you, you erted pabo."
 
"No problem, haha. I can't stop laughing, I love my life so much." Sungmin rolled his eyes, but smiled nonetheless. "I gotta go now, I'll call you!" and just like that Eunhyuk hung up.
 
Sungmin shook his head, grinned, and went back to his computer. He and Hyukjae were friends since like forever; they had met each other as children when some ugly brats thought they could mehrong him without any consequences. Because Sungmin was an exceptionally talented kid, he had kicked one or two of them and pulled some hair. Eunhyuk was the one who had walked to him when Sungmin had been celebrating his victory and told him he was stupid and looked like a girl. After that they became inseparable even though if someone ever asked Sungmin why, he with all honesty wouldn't be able to explain that. Yeah, children are weird, he thought and laughed silently. Then he looked at his now finished entry.
 
It wasn't the best he could do, but it wasn't awful. He typed the address: http://anti-cho-kyuhyun.com and posted his story about how one day he had met the famous singer and had seen his ugly face (he conveniently didn't mention that Kyuhyun was wearing his black "Kyu" mask - it only proves that he has to be so ugly in real life that he doesn't want anyone to see that, anyway) and after that, he had called some friends who helped him to puncture his (or his manager's) tires. He was almost entirely sure the entry will have many likes on facebook. Sungmin grinned evilly and skipped his own post to see some news he hadn't noticed earlier.
 
OMG, thought Sungmin.
 
"Oh my God" he said and instantly burst out laughing. "I have to tell that someone, I- mwahahaha, Cho ing Kyuhyuun, DANCING! Mwahahahahaha!!!" if someone spotted him in that moment, they would most definitely think he went insane. Like, seriously brain damaged, yeah.
 
"Why haven't anyone taken a picture? Argh, I just MUST see that" he muttered to himself. And laughed. Again. "Who cares! Did that once, he will do again, I have to… where's my phone? I just ha-"
 
*DING DONG*
 
Sungmin raised his head. Was someone at the door? He got up and opened it; his eyes almost disappeared from his enormously huge smile that made his way to his face after seeing who was standing in the hall.
 
"Eunhyuk! Great timing, I have to tell you something! It's so- what happened?" Sungmin stopped. He felt something must have gone wrong, since his friend didn't look nearly as happy as he sounded 10 minutes ago.
 
"Hyung... " he started. "I- don't really know how to tell you" he paused.
 
"Come on, you know you can tell me everything" is it possible for something wrong to take place on such a beautiful day? Sungmin was beginning to think so judging by the other boy's appearance.
 
"So... You know you're like my favourite, favourite, favourite hyung ever, right? And that I love you and respect you and treat you like my real older brother and there's no one else in the whole Universe whom I trust so much and I always remember about your birthdays and buy you loads of pink bunnies and-"
 
"What do you want." somewhere between 'favourite' and 'favourite' Sungmin started believing that this day maybe wasn't going to end well, but not for his friend. For himself.
 
"Remember the job I told you about? The one with granted place for living? Yeah. I need you to go with me" Eunhyuk blinked twice and made his best puppy face. He knew he was usually terrible at that (it wasn't his style, psh) but special occasions call for special methods.
 
"No ing way in the world" goes without saying that Sungmin refused, not even looking at him.
 
"B-but, pleaseeeeee" Hyukjae whined moving his hands up and down.
 
"I'm not going, I've got better things to do."
 
"Come on, Minnie! It's for my dream!"
 
"Good point, your dream.Then do it yourself. Or keep dreaming, dreaming is a good thing, it makes you happy you know"
 
"Minnie! I promise it'll be great! The best outing ever!"
 
"No."
 
"Oh. Oh, okay. I- I guess I can't convince you then" oh please, thought Sungmin. Don't tell me he's... "Then, I'll just drop dancing... and become an accountant. Y-yeah, that's a good plan, right?" ...crying. Ugh. "Maybe I won't be happy but I'll live- At least" at that moment of time, Eunhyuk's face was already all in tears and he was sobbing quietly.
 
"... FINE" Sungmin groaned. "Just stop crying, okay? I'll go, I'll even drive if you want, but only if you stop crying Hyukkie!" Sungmin's cute and caring side finally came back to life. It was scary sometimes how bipolar he could be; now to be honest, his y side didn't show often (usually when he saw or heard or talked about the idol that he hated so much, Choi Kyuhyun as far as Hyukjae knew. Or maybe it was Cho?) but when it faded, the sweet Minnie was even sweeter than always (tears were his last hope every single time and he had learnt to use that wisely in the very first years they spent together).
 
In one second Eunhyuk's expression changed from depressed to excited and he showed his famous gummy smile.
 
"You sure?" he asked hopefully.
 
"Of course I am, you know you're my best friend ever" Sungmin laughed cheerfully. "So where are we going? And why did you so suddenly decide that you need me there?" he asked curiously.
 
"Hankyung hyung called me again and said that I need some company so as not to deal with 'The Hopeless Case' alone. His words, not mine. He also kept apologizing and explaining that he heard gossips about the manager of 'The Hopeless Case' and he was too scared to do it himself. He also muttered something about his Chinese or Korean, but I didn't really get it because, duh, his Korean is great, right?" Eunhyuk asked confused.
 
Sungmin nodded. "Yeah, I don't know many Chinese that have learnt our language this well."
 
"That's what I thought. But he sounded like he was in hurry so I didn't pry" the dancer said. "Anyway, get ready, we're leaving tomorrow" he added happily. "Aren't you curious who the hopeless person might be?"
 
Sungmin shook his head.
 
"Well, I am. I'm going now, see you tomorrow!" Eunhyuk waved his hand and left the flat. Sungmin also waved, then closed the door, came back to the room, looked at the quietly working TV, then at his computer, then recalled the entire day and rubbed his head.
 
Why do I have a bad feeling about it?
 
 
 

 

Yeah, why Sungmin? >:D

I'm baaaaaack ^-^ Not Wednesday because my brother had come to conclusion that he really loves me (especially as his little daughter's nanny :P) and I stayed at his place one day longer. Buuuuut, yay! Thanks to the one and only EverlastingShawol who once again agreed to check my chapter (just for the record, it was about 00:15 xD), it's here now!
Enjoy it while I'll try to think of the best way to show you Minnie's reaction when he learns who exactly will he live under one roof with >:D
Also - I'm leaving again tomorrow (or today actually) and be back some time next week so again, comment and subscribe and I'll be a happy Dino ^^
 
~ love, puppysauruss ^-^v