~15~

The Dance Master... or not? ~~HIATUS~~

 

 
 
"Repeat after me," tried Heechul for the 8658th time, leaning over and gazing in the only other guy's in the room eyes. "Heechul." he looked at Hangeng expectantly, then impatiently motioned for the Chinese to talk.
 
Said Chinese rolled his eyes (for the 8658th time) and making an exaggeratedly annoying show of stretching his arms in boredom, sneaked a peak around in search for some help. He could use any now, he was desperate - even the smallest glimpse of Donghae's hair, even the quietest sound of someone stepping on the wrong batten would be enough, he'd think of something. But ironically (and how unfairly unexpectedly) the house was being an oase of peace.
 
Something's fishy about that silence, he thought suspiciously. He had gotten to know the residents of this Mad-House pretty well by now and all his senses screamed that such quiet behavior was everything but normal.
 
A groan made its way through his throat and Hangeng decided to finally open his mouth, if only to let his tongue remember how to be useful. Or maybe just to get Heechul to shut up. Yeah, that could be the reason, too.
 
"Xīchè..." he said slowly, using Chinese only to annoy the other male. 
 
The other male though completely brushed it off, overjoyed with his sudden excited self-congratulory celebration which involved some spinning around, throwing arms in the air a couple of times, and also a little jumping. Plus a loud scream.
 
"So you AREN'T mute! I knew it! I knew it! I. Knew. It!"
 
Goodbye silence, despite his sarcastic thought, Hangeng couldn't help the small smirk twisting his lips. All in all, it was a rather funny view to see the mighty cold-blooded shark of the whole entertainment showbiz - jumping around like an overly happy monkey freed from a circus tent.
 
"Okay! So now that we crossed that one HUGE stone on our path to being able to communicate with each other..."
 
More like to teaching me the language I already know, sighed Hangeng internally but kept quiet.
 
"...try once more. Hee - Chul. With the 'ul' sound. Come one, you can do it."
 
That's for trying to make me your personal slave, the Chinese grinned viciously, cleared his throat, took a deep breath and then:
 
"Xīchè."
 
Heechul frowned. This shouldn't be so hard, should it? He shrugged and tried again - he wasn't going to give up now. Because, you know what - the fact that Kim Heechul is anything but patient and had been so for his whole life - there was just something about Hankyung, that made him find the possibility of an only- relationship surprisingly disgusting. He wanted to actually talk to the Chinese, not only stare at his ; he had that inexplainable feeling that under the layer of a quiet foreign, incredibly hot dancer, there was much more to be discovered. And screw the world, Kim Heechul always trusted his feelings.
 
"You're almost there, one last time. H.e.e.c.h.u.l."
 
That's for making Minnie doubt his adorableness, "Xīchè." he said in the exact same way and tone as two previous ones.
 
"Yes! Exactly like this! Now, eeeh, let's move on. Hopefully something easier than my name."
 
The last mumbled part made Hangeng's smirk grow bigger.
 
The dancer watched with amusement how Heechul fiddled a little with his bundle of papers, and scratched a word. Then, after a second, scratched half of a page. In the end he crumpled it and threw onto the floor.
 
New piece of paper was now covered by very big and very clear caption.
 
Heechul pointed at it and after making sure Hangeng was looking, read loudly: "Is. The. Best."
 
"Tā shì yúchǔn de." said Hangeng without a blink of his eye.
 
The manager eyed him suspiciously. "Did you just say Yoochun? How do you even know him?"
 
A blank stare was all he received as a reply.
 
"Aish, okay, forget it. Come on, everybody in this world knows the word 'daebak'! You can't possible be an exception?"
 
"..."
 
"...okay, maybe you can. Yhmm, the next one is: Heechul..."
 
"Xīchè."
 
"...can't ever be replaced in any form." he finished, ignoring completely Hankyung's (annoying) interruption.
 
Hangeng chuckled. Oh, he was enjoying it wayy too much.
 
"Zìjǐ yě rènwéi gāodù."
 
"I have no idea what you just said," said Heechul with a sigh. "But I'll just assume it was Chinese version of my sentence. I guess it's enough of a success that you actually spoke up, so.. one last time. Listen carefully. 'Stupid Chinese dancers should finally stop being so stupid!'"
 
No one ever said Heechul can be patient for long, it was too out of his character in the first place anyway.
 
"Tā mā de guānbì." Hangeng took his revenge, smirking with satisfaction.
 
"Oh!" Heechul's eyes widened suddenly and a look of utter confusion appeared on his face. "But it's not it!"
 
This time it was Hangeng's turn to rise his eyebrows in puzzlement.
 
"Huh?"
 
"I.. You bastard, I know what you just said!" Heechul felt the sudden urge to explain himself. "I mean, ekhm, because I'm so awesome of course, I called the expert to consult an exceptionally important, completely unrelated to you matters with him, and by total coincidence he happened to know some Chinese, which I forced him to tel-- yhm, I mean. Which I couldn't really refuse him the priviledge to teach me... since he insisted so earnestly. The point is, that was so not what I said!"
 
A hard, full of accusations glare was turned to Hangeng who had been rendered speechless upon hearing Heechul's sloppy confession.
 
Because no matter what the older one thought, Hangeng was not stupid. He could tell a cover when he saw one, especially such a weak one. So Kim Heechul had actually made an effort to learn some Chinese to be able to talk to him? Did that even make sense?
 
It didn't. Heechul was the kind of person who expects everyone to obey him, to do everything the way he wants it done. Who leads his life with the motto that consists more or less of: 'I'm the most important personout there. I don't need anyone and if anyone needs me, it's in their best interest to ignore everything else and come to me when I have a spare time. If some stupid Chinese dancer doesn't know Korean while living in Korea - then it's his problem and has got nothing to do with me.'
 
Then what did that mean? Hangeng felt a small twinge of guilt somewhere in the back of his consciousness. See, he was generally a nice person. Nice person that usually didn't make a friend of his friend's enemy think he's a helpless foreigner who doesn't get a hint of what's being said to him.
 
Maybe he should stop it now. As much as he wasn't willing to admit it, Hangeng was kind of moved by what Heechul did. Perhaps he wasn't such a cold-blooded son of a as everyone (apart from Donghae, but he couldn't exactly be counted as a trustworthy source) made him look like. He must have had a more human side to himself.
 
Okay, decided Hangeng finally. It's time to stop pretending. It was getting boring anyway and my tongue was seriously beginning to forget how to function properly, so it's not like I'm doing it completely for him and...
 
"YOU!!"
 
Hangeng's train of thought was abruptly cut off by a loud and rather angry shout. His head shot up only to meet another pair of surprised eyes looking back at him. Then both he and Heechul simultaneously turned to the door where a second later appeared an extremely furious bunny with a towel on his head.
 
"Did you two," he hissed, looking around the room. "see that muthering bastard anywhere?"
 
 
 
***
 
 
 
Sungmin spent this evening outside, busy avoiding the annoying EunHae couple. Seriously, who were they to tell him what he thinks? They weren't him, they knew nothing! They knew nothing about how Cho-ing-Kyuhyun destroyed his biggest dream, they knew nothing about the real self of the big singing idol. And they most definitely knew nothing about what Sungmin's attitude towards Kyuhyun was.
 
Moreover - when? When did Hyukjae decide that he's not afraid of Donghae anymore? When did Donghae manage to make Sungmin's best friend blush and act like this? When did he manage to turn Hyukjae gay when Sungmin had been trying to do so for ages?!
 
Despite himself, Sungmin had felt a little left out when he saw their new relationship. Didn't Hyukkie always tell Sungmin everything? So how come he found out so late about something so important? What was their friendship going to be like from now on?
 
Ugh, Sungmin shook his head and took a deep breath. Too many questions, too few answers. As per usual. He counted to ten and slowly breathed out. He could feel his head spinning and that was definitely not a good sign.
 
He needed to clear his mind. Now.
 
When he was still home and needed to relax, he woul always go to a sauna. The atmosphere there, the number of strangers, the heat and of course the delicious eggs served by scary ajhummas, all of this never failed to make him feel better. Not to mention its brilliant effect on his skin.
 
But since the nearest sauna was now probably around six hours driving away, Sungmin had to settle with a bath. Which he'll gladly take anyway, thank you very much.
 
Still trying to avoid his current problem (read: EunHae), Sungmin quietly slipped into the house and only after making sure his best friend (was he still?) wasn't anywhere around, he sighed with relief, loosening up a little. 
 
He started to walk normally, without watching his every step and freezing when he thought he made too much noise. Just as he was about to make it up the stairs to lock himself in bathroom, Sungmin suddenly stopped upon hearing voices from living room.
 
Who was that? Hyukjae with Donghae? Nahh, the voices wouldn't be so quiet then. Giving in to his innate curiosity (his grandma used to say it's going to lead him straight to hell), Sungmin tiptoed closer to the doors and held his breath.
 
"Heechul." he heard. "Come onnnn, it's easy. HEECHUL."
 
"..."
 
"HEE.CHUL."
 
Sungmin giggled. Serves him right, this stupid arrogant manager. It'd do him good to know he's not so powerful as he seems to be convinced, he thought climbing up the stairs and locking the bathroom doors behind himself.
 
Just like Sungmin had thought, the bath was a wonderful idea. He could feel every single one of his worries being washed away by the hot springs of water. Of course Hyukkie won't abandon him, how could he even think of that? They had been friends way too long. And Donghae was a cute and funny kid, so what if he became Hyukjae's boyfriend? If that's what make them both happy, then so be it. Sungmin wasn't intending to be a hurdle on their way to happiness.
 
About Kyuhyun... No, Sungmin shook his head. Forget about him now. About him and about what Donghae and Hyukkie had been implying. Such unimportant matters weren't worthy of his attention, he decided as he was leaning to grab his grapefruit scented shampoo.
 
Perfect. The last touch of his ideal evening would be visiting his website and trolling the-one-whose-name-he-wasn't-bothered-to-say-out-loud and then he could go to sleep and dream some beautiful Kyuhyun-less dreams.
 
Sungmin's relaxed minds was preoccupied with such nice thoughts that he ignored weird color of the foam on his head and the not-so-grapefruit scent of his shampoo. Only when he stood up in front of the mirror and wiped the steam, did his eyes fill with disbelief mixed with complete horror.
 
"Wha...?" he managed to croak out. "The he...?"
 
 
 
***
 
 
 
"YOU!!" yelled Sungmin, storming down the stairs and into the living room, with his hair hidden safely beneath pink towel. "Did you two see that muthering bastard anywhere?" he hissed, having no idea that he just ruined Hangeng's moment of honesty.
 
"Language, Pinkey-Winkey," went Heechul authomatically, shrugging his shoulders, while Hangeng looked as if he had just snapped out of some kind of trance.
 
Sungmin ignored Heechul and glanced at the Chinese.
 
"Hankyung hyung? You okay?"
 
The dancer nodded weakly, still looking slightly dumbfounded.
 
Sungmin eyed him suspiciously, then acreditted Hangeng's current state to staying in Heechul's presence for too long.
 
"What did you do to him?"
 
"Who, Kyuhyun? I have no idea where he is. Probably hiding from Hyujkae in order to escape yet another dancing practice... Good that you reminded me though, I'll have to have a talk with him about that one." Heechul frowned.
 
"I meant Hankyung hyung but feel free to rail that bastard whenever you feel like it," muttered Sungmin in response, fire filling his eyes. "Just not before I get him into my hands."
 
Heechul raised his eyebrows at the younger, then threw Hankyung a knowing glance which the Chinese, most unintentionally, ignored.
 
"Oh, did I interrupt you something?" suddenly the innocent look was back on Sungmin's face.
 
"Yeah" said Heechul the same second Hangeng shook his head in denial.
 
"I'm sorry. Please continue whatever you've been doing just now. I'll go look for... Kyuhyun. To get him to practice. Yes, ehm. Bye~" trilled Sungmin with a smile, closing the door behind him and failing to hear Heechul muttering something along the lines of: "I swear, sometimes even I get scared of that guy..."
 
 
 
***
 
 
 
"!" Sungmin cursed, trying to pull his aching leg out of the hole.
 
How was it possible that Cho could be this infuriating even when he was not there for God's sake!
 
Finally Sungmin's hand found something to grab onto in order to get out. Too bad it turned out to be a branch all covered with mud, which resulted in Sungmin loosing his balance and falling into the only mud-puddle available within five meters.
 
With another curse in his mouth, Sungmin regretted not bringing any flash with him.
 
He had begun his hunting around two hours ago, from looking through all rooms, beside his own of course. He knew all to well what (or rather who) he'd find there and he did not want to meet the couple with his hair like this. They would have for sure made fun of him, and then Sungmin was also a little afraid they'd mention his non-existent feelings for the bastard who was the very cause of his current state.
 
The dancing room got omitted as well. "As if he'd go there willingly, without at least a bunch of buffalos to drag him," muttered Sungmin to himself and, looking around to make sure he's alone in the corridor, peeked into Heechul's room, which the manager shared with Hankyung now (he had surprisingly not complained about vaving to do so when Hankyung had first showed up).
 
He then searched the basement which he ran out of with scream upon realizing that the cute little mouse he thought he saw and wanted to give a little piece of cheese turned out to be a huge, disgusting rat with a kilometer-long tail and front teeth the size of Sungmin's big toe nails.
 
All the while he hadn't once forgotten to curse Cho Kyuhyun for all his misery.
 
Aiming for the attic, Sungmin stopped to thoroughly research the kitchen, since everyone knew that eating was one of the singer's favorite occupations ever. (In fact, he had just gotten hungry from all the stress he experienced a while ago, and had to eat something delicious so as not to die.) Unfortunately there was no Kyuhyun in the kitchen as well, so Sungmin had no other option but to climb the stairs again and enter the word of attic.
 
Which proved to be the dirtiest and most dusty place Sungmin had ever been to. Obviously it was empty (and had been like that for around a century, Sungmin was sure of it) so he made a mental note to get someone to clean it up (he ignored the irritating feeling that it was going to be him anyway) and let the place at the mercy of spiders.
 
"Where the hell did that bastard go?" he wondered after a while, standing in the hall. "He couldn't just disappear like that, right? He's got to be somewhere..."
 
A few taps of his finger on his chin later, Sungmin figured the only place he hadn't been to yet was the garden. So he smirked, grabbed his coat and went out.
 
Which led him to the stupid situation he was now in.
 
He was trying once again to pull his leg out when he felt a weird tingling on his left hand. Sungmin looked around confused and shook the hand. The feeling didn't go away, in fact it started to spread onto his forearm and then his arm.
 
"The is th-- OWW!" he yelled suddenly and with wide eyes began to shake all his body frantically.
 
"Hello...?" someone spoke up with a deep voice that Sungmin would recognize anytime and anywhere.
 
Just GREAT, he thought. NOW, off all times.
 
He froze and tried to stay still in hopes that Kyuhyun would leave without the chance to see him in this situation, when...
 
"OWWW!" that mothering ants, why could something so small bite so hard!
 
"Who's there..?" asked Kyuhyun hesitantly, his voice somehow much closer than before. Not that he could see anything, in the pitch black darkness and his position.
 
"AND WHO DO YOU THINK IT IS, HUH?!"
 
When another ant bit him near his neck, Sungmin decided that, his pride, he'd rather live!
 
"Sungmin..?" Kyuhyun's designer's shoes appeared within Sungmin's eyesight.
 
"Don't just stand there, and HELP ME YOU IDIO-- OW!" he groaned pitifully. "It hurts!"
 
Kyuhyun smirked at the sight of his enemy finally getting what he deserved. Karma's a , isn't it? He crossed his arms.
 
"And why would I help you? You've been making my life really hard lately... Maybe I should just leave you here instead? I'm sure those red ants are very hungry you know. And they're actually useful unlike somebody else I know.." he trailed his voice effectively, looking down at Sungmin, who was getting angrier and angrier with every second.
 
"Listen you ," he began silently. "I'm stuck in ing mud-puddle, with ants all over me and my leg in that freaking hole. If you think I feel like playing those little games with you right now, then you are-- OWW! ! Then you have never been more wrong in your whole life!" he growled.
 
Kyuhyun tsked.
 
"Uh-uh. I don't think you're in the right position to threaten me right now~" he sing sang.
 
Sungmin swallowed another bunch of curses and threats that were on the tip of his tongue.
 
"Please." he managed almost inaudibly.
 
Kyuhyun brought a hand to his ear.
 
"You said something? I don't think I caught that."
 
"I'm not repeating it."
 
"Are you sure?"
 
"..."
 
"I have time you know."
 
"..OWW! Come on, I'm sure they have eaten half of my arm by now! Be a human!"
 
"Okay."
 
Sungmin eyed him warily. "...really?"
 
"Yeah. I'm a nice person," Sungmin couldn't help but snort at that. "So I'll help you."
 
Nothing happened.
 
"Then what are you waiting for?!" Sungmin lost his patience again.
 
"..."
 
"FINE." he groaned. "PLEASE. PLEASE get me out of here! What else do you want?!"
 
Kyuhyun grinned. "Just a promise that you won't kill me for, well, helping you dye your hair."
 
Right. Somehow in the spurr of accidents Sungmin managed to forget about the very reason he was there. His hair. Now the color of light violet.
 
He closed his eyes. "Okay."
 
The singer beamed. "Then come on here, you little evil," he said cheerfully, grabbing Sungmin's ant-free arm and pulling him out.
 
Had this been one of the dramas with Choi Siwon that Sungmin liked so much, he would have fallen on top of his savior, they would have gazed into each other's eyes, the music would have changed into a disgustingly romantic one, he would have noticed how handsome the other actually was and somehow it would have all ended in a kiss, that they both would have liked very much but pretended otherwise.
 
But because the reality was far from being a drama and Cho Kyuhyun was VERY FAR from being Choi Siwon, when Sungmin fell on top of his savior, he made sure to kick him and stuck his elbow in the other's ribs at least twice while getting up. And shake a couple of ants onto him.
 
He also didn't forget to hit Kyuhyun on the head.
 
"Ow! What was that for?" asked the singer grudgily, rubbing the back of his head.
 
"For making me stay there for so long," he hit Kyuhyun once more. "That was for appearing here so late. And this," he lifted his hand again. "is for my hair!"
 
Before Sungmin could hit him, Kyuhyun grabbed his arm in the air and pulled him closer. Now their faces were inches apart and Sungmin had to lift his head in order to look Kyuhyun, whose other hand somehow found its way around Sungmin's waist, in the eyes.
 
Kyuhyun's expression turned from sulking to smug.
 
"It looks good on you actually," he whispered, his hot breath reaching Sungmin and making him shiver upon realizing how cold it was outside. "Very cute."
 
Sungmin DID NOT blush then. He DIDN'T.
 
Kyuhyun smirked.
 
"Aish! Let me go you ert," he hissed, looking away from the other's (stupid) eyes. Kyuhyun let go.
 
Sungmin wanted to hit him for the last time, just for good measure, but gave up when he saw one of his eyebrows going up.
 
"I'm going to bathe. Again." he mumbled turning back to Kyuhyun. "Heechul is going to take care of him anyway, that bastard."
 
He threw the singer one last look and started walking away, all the while muttering silent curses to himself.
 
Kyuhyun chuckled seeing him go back home.
 
"Cute."
 
 
 

Over 3.500 words people. This is the longest I have ever written O_O

I hope this makes up to you for not updating so long ^^
 
Also, I hope you didn't mind the whole part 1 being about HanChul. I realized they need some love, too. (But in all honesty - I just love writing them too much.)
 
Translations of some Chinese used in this chap (from Google Translate, so don't expect miracles, I know no Chinese unfortunately ㅠㅠ):
"Tā shì yúchǔn de" - he is stupid
"Zìjǐ yě rènwéi gāodù" - thinks too highly of himself
"Tā mā de guānbì" - off
 
Comment replies:
 
nabilahyukjae - Haha, I guess the world war will have to wait a little :P Cause now it's time for some KyuMin interactions! ^^
 
alleksandra - przyspieszenie akcji it is! xD Lol, it was going to lead somewhere else, but I got carried away with this chapter, so... Let's wait for another one :D (Which is half written already, lol. That's how desperate I am to postpone the studying for tomorrow's test -.-'')
 
blonnacoor - they are, aren't they. They're both so dense *sigh* I don't know what to do with them. (That's a lie, obviously, since I finally do know what am I going to do! >D) Thanks for reading :*
 
minniemgee - THAT is so true. Wish they knew it :P
 
FTiNo1 - I've thanked you for your comment already. But. I'll just do it anyway. Thank you so so much! It was one of the nicest comments I ever got and it didn't make my day, it made my whole month! And that was exactly what I needed to write more, so thankyouuu once again <3  *3*
 
haleeann - Don't dieeee! ㅠㅠ Hehe, I'm glad you liked it :D And I hope you liked this one as well ^^
 
Thank you all for commenting so much ^3^ 
I think the previous chapter got the most comments so far :D You're da besto!
 
Also, for those who care - another story of my challenge is on its wayyyy xD (Yes, that WAS a shameless advertising ㅋㅋㅋ)
 
+ for those who didn't notice it in the Story Feed - I'll write it here as well. This chapter could have been here about a week or two ago (don't really remember when it was :p) because I had sat down then and decided that no matter what, I was going to update the Dance Master. I failed, obviously, but instead I somehow ended up writing the last chapter plus epilogue xP How much of a fail author am I? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
 
~love, puppysauruss ^-^v
 
PS. If you got through all that rambling above - respect for you, you deserve a gold medal, seriously :D I swear I'll write a short a/n someday, just... Well, today was not that day ^^''
 
~love once again, yours lovely puppysauruss ^-^v