~03~

The Dance Master... or not? ~~HIATUS~~

 

length: 1807 words
 

 
The evening was quiet and peaceful. Kyuhyun was leisurely playing on his manager's laptop which maybe wasn't as great as his own, but it was worth knowing that Heechul was probably freaking out of boredom now, not being able to find any new celebrities' gossips but having too much pride to let that show. Serves him right, no one should mess with Cho Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun chuckled darkly.
 
Suddenly some noise disturbed his evil time.
 
"Someone's knocking" the singer muttered. Not that he was hoping for Heechul to do something about that. With a sigh he paused his game, looked at his hyung who was now pretending to watch some re-run of an old drama, and got up to open the door.
 
"Kyu! Look what I found today! Look, look, look!" as soon as the door was open, Donghae bounced inside the living room waggling some papers in his hand.
 
Kyuhyun rolled his eyes but then grinned at his friend with amusement. "What now, Hae?"
 
"The Mars Aliens are confirmed to have gills! Gills, Kyu, you know what that means?" Donghae was so excited that he forgot there was a table in his way and he ended up hitting his knee. While he didn't seem to even notice that, Heechul immediately got up and went to bathroom to find a first aid kit; when the manager returned, his favourite dongsaeng was still babbling happily about the very-important-Alien-thing, absentmindendly rubbing his leg. "...see? I was right from the beginning! They have to be related to fish, there is no other option! They..."
 
"Shut up and stay still for a moment, will you" Heechul finally snapped at Donghae. "I'm trying to bandage your knee, and you're not being helpful" he grunted.
 
Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows. His hyung never shouted or snarled at Donghae, they all knew he was the only one that could do anything to Heechul and be forgiven, he was his favourite dongsaeng after all. Donghae looked at him and seemed to realize his greatest hyung was beginning to get mad and there had to be done something to prevent that.
 
"I am so sorry, hyung" Hae gave him his best innocent eyes. "It's just that... I was right! And you know what, it was Kyuhyunnie who was wrong!" he knew absolutely well that it was more than enough for Heechul to forgive him.
 
Heechul glanced at Kyuhyun.
 
"Really now? Our smartest smart- of all smart-asses was wrong? Oh no! We should run and hide since the End of the World is coming!" he screamed overdramatically and throw his hands in the air.
 
Kyuhyun just looked at him with something dangerously close to pity. "Shouldn't you be doing something? I don't know, making sure your ward idol is calm and ready for the next thing in schedule? Or not allowing him to die from hunger? I'm starving you know."
 
"Damn right, you are. Cook yourself some instant noodles, I am going to do something as your manager since you're asking me this nicely" Heechul smirked and an alarm in Kyuhyun's mind began ringing quietly. "Where is my phone? And Korean-Chinese Dictionary?"
 
The mental alarm shouted alaud now when Kyuhyun realized what he was talking about. Doghae looked at them puzzled. "What's going on?" Both the singer and his manager ingored him. Because it wasn't the first time, Donghae just shrugged, grabbed his Alien papers and went to watch some TV show, leaving them alone.
 
"Y-you're kidding. I thought you gave that stupid idea up!" Kyuhyun really tried to be calm, it just wasn't his fault that his own manager was a master when it came to pissing the quiet singer off. "You saw it yourself, I can't do that! I'm not physically able to and it's stupid to think otherwise!"
 
Heechul narrowed his eyes at the word 'stupid' and Kyuhyun knew he lost the battle. "Listen to me, you kid. I am your manager and I will decide on what we're going to do with your image. And right now I'm convinced that this is the best way to keep you on top, so you won't stand in my way, got it?!" Yeah, Kyuhyun finally succeded in making his manager seriously mad. Now all he could hope for, was that Heechul won't be able to understand that Chinese guy. He backed out and with quiet 'Fine' let the older do what he wanted.
 
***
 
"Hello? Am I speaking with Hangeng-sshi?" Heechul used the most polite voice he could muster considering circumstances. "My name is Kim Heechul and... ah. I see. I'll wait of course" he paused. "What the hell are you talki... Ehm, I mean, are you sure he's not there?"
 
Kyuhyun allowed himself to feel a little hope.
 
"But Ms Lee... oh, it's Mrs? Forgive me my mistake, I couldn't have guessed, you sound so young. Let me guess, arranged marriage? At a really really young age? Because you surely sound like a twenty-year-old... well, maybe twenty-two. I bet every man at your office is all over you, am I right?"
 
Aand his hope faded away. With Heechul speaking like this? No one could say 'no' and get away with it.
 
"Ah dear, we should meet some day, I can't help but think how you look like" Heechul was close, he could feel it. "No need to thank me, really. But can you do me this one favour?" Khyuhyun closed his eyes, anticipating."Yes. Yes. Thank you, thank you very very much. I hope we can hear each other again some time."
 
Kyuhyun left the room. The last thing he wanted now was to witness that conversation so he joined Donghae at the couch. After few minutes Heechul waltzed into the living room and covered their TV with his body. He didn't look too pleased.
 
"So that weird guy, Hangeng, apparently doesn't speak Korean. From his stammering I managed to understand that this would be a huge obstacle with teaching you dance, so he can't do that" Heechul crincled his nose showing them what exactly he thinks about that matter. "I couldn't argue with him because he just wouldn't freaking understand!"
 
"What now then? Don't give me the hope that you gave up" Kyuhyun said, waiting for the next part of the news. "Hyung?"
 
"Guys-"
 
"Not now Donghae" Kyuhyun cut him off.
 
"But..."
 
"Later!"
 
Heechul now calmed down a little and continued. "Yeah, he said something about another great dancer from the same group. I didn't catch the name but he said that guy was almost as good as he himself and that he could arrange the meeting for tomorrow, 2 p.m."
 
"I can't go then. I have a fanmeeting" Kyuhyun interrupted. "And don't even dare to say that this dancer is more important because he isn't. And I'm not going to disappoint my fans" he said stubbornly.
 
"Hey..."
 
"I know, I know. 'Fans above all', you don't have to repeat it for a hundredth. I agreed, it just simply be only me at the meeting." Kyuhyun sighed with relief.
 
"Guys!"
 
"What?" Kyuhyun finally turned to Donghae.
 
"Look at this! That's my old dancing group! They're on TV" he exclaimed cheerfully. "I have to call them! Kyu, do you have... W-why are you staring at me like this?" Donghae asked a little frightened. That smile on Kyuhyun's face couldn't mean any good.
 
"Hyung! Why didn't we think about that earlier?" Heechul looked at him confused. "Donghae. Doghae is a dancer! He can teach me!" Now, when Kyuhyun began to imagine that, it would be awesome, Donghae was his best friend, not to mention he was so gullible, Kyuhyun could just make him forget about that and tell Heechul...
 
"No, he can't."
 
"What? Why not? He's good" he wasn't going to give the thought up.
 
"Oh yeah, of course he is, he's my little dongsaeng after all, but I know you too well, you brat. Plus, he would end up talking about fish or something" Heechul stated like it was so obvious. Okay, so maybe it was.
 
"No, he won't, he-"
 
"Kyu! Look at the window, there's an UFO there! Let's go meet them, I have to know whether they are related to fish or not" Donghae exclaimed and sprinted to the window.
 
Kyuhyun mentally facepalmed. "Have a nice meeting, hyung."
 
***
 
The fanmeeting went great, he was awesomely charming and did all he could to please the fans. See, the thing was, he really loved his fans. Sure, maybe he was kind of self centred and sarcastic but he knew that without his fans, he would be a nobody. Nobody with nothing to do, because he never imagined working somewhere else than in music industry, he believed that he was meant to sing. So when the meeting was over, he was all happy and energized which showed on his face - if you looked really carefully, the corners of his mouth were a little twisted upwards. ...yeah, perhaps it didn't show this much, but it was there and that was the important thing. Right?
 
Suddenly his phone went off.
 
"Hello? Yup, we can meet, I'm done now. I'll be there in 5 minutes. Okay. Bye."
 
He made to his car and stopped. Something was wrong. Kyuhyun cursed and all his good mood faded away at once. He fished out his phone again and dialed Heechul's number.
 
"Hyung. I won't make it in time. Tell him to go if he's in a hurry, I'll meet him some other time." he paused. "Nothing. Some freaking antis pierced my tires again, oh god how I hate them. Come pick me up. Okay" with that he hung up and kicked his car hard. (His big toe hurt like hell for the next few hours.)
 
While he loved his fans, he definitely hated his anti-fans, they were clueless and stupidly stupid. He hoped to find some one day and bit the out of him/her. But he knew he wouldn't do that anyway so he settled with enjoying the thought until the arrival of his manager.
 
"Stupid ers" Heechul didn't have any inhibitions. "They will pay for all those tires, I swear to Shisus" after that he turned to Kyuhyun. "But hey! Cheer up, I have good news!" Heechul grinned when Kyuhyun looked at him. "I met that guy, his name is Lee Hyukjae but he prefers to be called Eunhyuk (like I care about what he prefers) and he really is good. But since in Seul there's too many of your fans, we're going to drive away for sime time. Don't interrupt me. Everything is set and agreed. We're leaving tomorrow after your radio show and I don't want to hear any excuses" he finished.
 
"Fine. But I'm taking Hae with us. I'm not going to wrangle with that dance-obessed guy alone" his voice clearly didn't leave any place to argue and so Heechul let that be.
 
 

 

huh, what Heechul wants - Heechul gets apparently xD it wasn't supposed to go like that but well... even I can't argue with the Diva.
first of all - I'm sorry if the chapters are a little boring but I have to start the main story somehow, right? So please continue to support it and I promise it'll get better ;] Anyway, guess who will appear in the next part? Yup, you're right, it's Sungmiiiin ^-^
also - this part was not beta-ed because I'm leaving in like 15 minutes and didn't have the time to send it to my awesome  EverlastingShawol (if you didn't check out her story, do it now, it's amazing!) so there can be more mistakes and I'm the only one to blame >.<
I'll be back in Wednesday, hopefully with brand new chapter, so comment and subscribe and I'll be a Happy Dino ^^
 
~ love, puppysauruss ^-^v