~07~

The Dance Master... or not? ~~HIATUS~~

legth: 2291 words

 


The next morning Kyuhyun woke up feeling as if every part of him, every bone and every joint was broken - he clearly wasn't used to sleeping on the floor. The last time he had done that was in kindergarten for God's sake! He was SO going to talk with Heechul about that house and childlike pranks that didn't suit a proffessional manager he wanted to be known as. A water baloon under the pillow? Seriously? As if that was not enough, when he asked Donghae to scoot over in his bed and borrow him some quilt, it turned out he had fallen asleep as soon as he had touched the bed. Stupid Donghae and his heavy sleep. Stupid hard floor not suitable for sitting, let alone lying on it. Stupid Heechul and his stupid ideas. Stupid...
 
"Kyu," it seemed like the stupid heavy sleeper was finally awake. "Why are you on the floor?" he yawned and stretched his arms.
 
"That's what I'd love to know, too" said Heechul waltzing into their room without knocking. "You're not going to escape today's dancing by using such foolish evasions, just so you know" he added. "Anyway, breakfast is ordered. You need to be down by the time it gets here cause you're paying" and without giving Kyuhyun any chance to respond, he flashed him a smile, turned around and walked out of the room.
 
"I hate him. I.Hate.Him." Kyuhyun grunted. "Why do I even still keep him working for me?" he whined.
 
"Because he's the best, Kyu!" chirped Donghae helpfully. "And he's one of the reasons you're this famous" he smiled.
 
Kyuhyun thought about it. "I still hate him," he decided.
 
"Don't tell him though" laughed his roommate. "He'll get meanier and not even I'll be able to change that, so the house will change into a Hell on Earth. And then... Then we'll have to move to Mars so he wouldn't be able to find us!" Donghae's eyes sparkled.
 
"Hae-ah" Kyuhyun sighed amused. "What would I do without you?" Donghae just smiled, happy that he could cheer his friend up (and that he has just discovered a perfect place to hide from Heechul's wrath). "Come on, I bet you're starving" as if to prove a point, his stomach grumbled. "As am I, apparently" he grinned.
 
When they stepped into the kitchen, they saw the others happily eating delivered food, not bothering to even look at the poor delivery man who was clearly waiting for his pay, fidgeting a little. Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, paid the man and walked to sit with the rest. He shivered suddenly at the odd feeling of someone watching him; he looked up but all he saw was a table with four hungry guys that were eating in a surprising rate.
 
"Leave something for me!" Kyuhyun shouted terrified.
 
"Relax, no one's going to eat your portion" Heechul shook his head disapprovingly. "It's there" he pointed at the tiny plate with some lettuce and few vegetables on it. Kyuhyun stared.
 
"Are you kidding me?"
 
"Nope, I told you - you have to be fit!" his manager answered. "Right, Eunhyuk-ah?"
 
Hyukjae nodded guiltly, not saying anything.
 
"Kyuhyun-sshi?" someone spoke up when Kyuhyun was still silently digesting the thought of his breakfast in his head. "Why is your hair all wet?" the singer glanced at Sungmin who was wearing innocently adorable smile and looking at him with curious eyes which were slightly covered by his bangs. In the corner of his mouth was a tiny grain of rice. Kyuhyun stared a little too long and smiled at the sight.
 
"I..." why couldn't he think of anything to say apart from cheesy 'oh my God, your eyes... they're so wonderful it should be forbidden' which wanted desperatly to escape his mouth? Why was he feeling an odd urge to reach and get rid of that rice from his lips? "Erm..." then he too remembered the reason why his hair was wet. He shook his head. "Right! Heechul, you've got something to say about that?" ha glared at his manager, immediately forgetting the weird feeling from a few seconds earlier.
 
"Me? Why?" if Kyuhyun hadn't known better, he would have sworn his hyung was being honestly surprised.
 
"Who else would make that stupid childish prank, huh?" Sungmin couldn't help but smirk a little (though for a moment he was sure that Kyuhyun discovered it was him who had left that water balloon under his pillow).
 
"You must have had a bad dream, honey" Heechul tapped his head with his forefinger in an international sing of speaking about someone insane. "Why would I waste my precious time on something like that?"
 
"But-"
 
"Come on, admit that you've had a nightmare and that's the end of the story" Heechul cut him off. "Anyway! Our plans for today, someone wants to know?" he exclaimed.
 
Eunhyuk tore his eyes away from his plate and Donghae tore his eyes away from Eunhyuk. Sungmin continued to battle with himself not to burst out laughing while Kyuhyun... Kyuhyun was growing mushrooms in his corner.
 
Heechul decided to ignore the singer's behavior.
 
"You two," he nodded in Kyuhyun's then Eunhyuk's direction. "are going to do what we all happened to be here for - trying to make our stiff and completely infexible case a little more... well, I was going to say 'flexible' but it's too big of a word" the supportive manager glared at his idol. "But you get the idea. The gym is at the end of that hall, I'll show you where. Donghae will rest after having to deal with Kyuhyun for the whole night while the Pinky Princess- what was your name again?" he asked.
 
"...Sungmin" he fought the urge to yell at the man.
 
"Right, Sungmin. I bet you noticed how dirty this place is. We can't live and work in such conditions, so since you've got nothing to do here anyway, you're going to tidy it" Heechul said with a smile.
 
"What are you going to do then?" Kyuhyun asked, peeking from his dark, mushrooms-covered place.
 
"I am going to go with you two and keep an eye on your progress. And watch if you aren't cheating" he added. "Because we all know that-- what?!" he snapped and turned around, feeling something pulling his (very expensive) sleeve.
 
There, right behind him, was Sungmin. But, Kyuhyun noticed, he looked different from a minute earlier. This Sungmin could be successfully called a baby bunny and no one would disagree; he was looking at Heechul with HUGE, shining eyes through his bangs, his nose was cutely wrinkled and Kyuhyun was sure that if he had whiskers, he would be moving them a little now. His lips formed a pout that put all pouts in the world to a shame. He simply couldn't be denied anything with a face like this.
 
"B-but his place is very big," he blinked twice. "I won't manage to do it on my own" he blinked once again and waited calmly for Heechul's reaction. Nothing could go wrong, this look always works, everywhere, everytime and with everybody - that rude manager won't be an exception.
 
"You have lots of time, dear," Heechul shrugged Sungmin's hand from his sleeve. "You can finish it tomorrow, or even in a month as far as I'm concerned."
 
All of them froze in shock. 
 
Yes, thought Kyuhyun, now it's confirmed. Kim Heechul, my hyung and my manager - is heartless. To him, there was no other option. Kyhyun looked at Sungmin who still hasn't changed his position, didn't blink even once and didn't say a word, then he glanced at Donghae who caught his gaze and sighed.
 
"Come on, Sungmin-sshi" Donghae walked over to Sungmin and helped him to get up. "I'll help you, we'll get it finished in no time, you'll see," and he maneuvered still shocked boy out of the kitchen.
 
"That's nice of him" commented Heechul. "Now come on, guys, the training room is waiting!"
 
***
 
What the actual hell has just happened?! Why he... and I... and then... And my eyes- WHY DIDN'T THIS WORK?! Sungmin was still in deep shock when Donghae led him to the living room so they could start. He did everything as always! Was his gift from heavens gone? Was it because he had been mean a few times? Was it because of that yesterday's prank? Or maybe he should have put a make up first?
 
"Are my eyes smaller than yesterday?" he asked suddenly. Donghae, who was getting cleaning supplies from the cupboard, paused surprised.
 
"Are you kidding me? I've never seen anybody with this big eyes!" he exclaimed trying to cheer Sungmin up.
 
Sungmin looked at him and it seemed like he was finally over his shocked state. "Yours are pretty big" he pointed out. 
 
Donghae immediately squinted his eyes.
 
"No, they aren't"
 
Sungmin raised his eyebrows, "Yes, they are"
 
"No, they're not"
 
"Yes, they are" Sungmin was getting more and more confused.
 
"Nope" Donghae grinned.
 
"Yes, they're-"
 
"Definitely smaller than yours, Sungmin-sshi" he heard another voice. "Believe me, they are" said Kyuhyun, looking meaningfully at Donghae and giving Sungmin signs to agree with him.
 
"Okay, your eyes are really small" he said finally. Donghae laughed like a happy child who just got a candy.
 
"See?" Kyuhyun smirked. "Just agree with him, and your life will be a lot easier. And yeah, I just forgot to get my bag" he explained himself waving his hand and going to the door.
 
"Donghae-ah" Sungmin started. "You are one weird person, I'm telling you. And I'm a guy who knows Yesung" he said like it was a big case to manage to be even weirder than Yesung. ... *cough* it was *cough*
 
They cleaned the living room in silence and moved to the kitchen. Soon Sungmin was tired of the silence. 
 
"So tell me Donghae, how did it happen that you're friends with Cho Kyuhyun?" he asked innocently with a plan to write some new entry to his web.
 
Donghae's face lit up, "Oh, it's a really great story! It was when..." he paused suddenly. "I can't tell you," he admitted miserably after a short while. "Kyu told me it would be the end of our friendship if I told anyone about it."
 
Geeeez, what's wrong with this guy?
 
"I can't understand why do you have to listen to that stupid rule. It's yours story also, right? Not only his" Sungmin couldn't let that slip right next to him.
 
"Yeah, but he's my best friend, I don't want to lose it" Donghae became more serious. "But I bet he could tell you about it himself!" ...only for a while though. Sungmin scrunched his nose. Okay, so that didn't work out. Let's try something else.
 
"Hm, but I don't know if he would want to, he seems so distant on the TV" he started his new plan. "And sarcastic, too..." he said expecting Donghae to rant about his friend and say something he hadn't known before, that could help ruin his image.
 
"Oh no! Kyuhyunnie's really nice, he always helps me, and he copes with Heechul hyung really well, and he likes animals, too! He once took care of Heechul hyung's cat - Heebum..." Ugh, he should have known better that Donghae wouldn't say anything bad about anyone. Another fail then. Sungmin thought for a while but didn't get more brilliant ideas at that moment, so he changed the subject.
 
"What is that?" he pointed a picture with nothing particular on it that was hanging above Donghae's bed. Because yes, they managed to clean up the kitchen and moved to Hae's and Khyuhyun's shared room.
 
"What?" the boy seemed a little lost after the abrupt change of topic. "Oh this! This is a picture from my favourite newspaper - Cosmo-freaks!" Sungmin giggled at the name, it told a lot about people reading it. "When you move your head like that and look from this angle, you can see the dark shadow in the shape of UFO" Donghae explained, showing how exactly should Sungmin look at it.
 
They talked a little more and Sungmin finally came to conclusion that this kid is actually an adorable one; they spent surprisingly good time together, considering that they were cleaning the house. He was even more confused as to why would such a nice boy like him be friend with such a sarcastic jerk like Kyuhyun. Sungmin didn't notice when they were almost finished and all that remained, was to do a laundry with yesterday's clothes and Kyuhyun's sheets.
 
"I'll do it" he smiled to Donghae in a much better mood. To tell the truth, he haven't felt this nice since they had arrived here. "You go and see how the dancing went, I know you wanted to" during their cleaning, Sungmin had learned that Donghae used to dance, too, and he was really excited to see a pro doing it.
 
"Yay, thank you hyung!" Hae hugged him and flew through the door.
 
Sungmin then smiled evilly. Laundry, huh? 
 
He had a plan. A good plan if you ask him. And easy to complete.
 
Taking Kyuhyun's wet sheets with him, Sungmin went to the bathroom to leave it there. Then he made it to his and Hyuk's shared room and grabbed his clothes from his bed along with Eunhyuk's clothes (from the floor), all the while with suspiciously big smirk on his face. He tried to get into Heechul's room, too, but just like a few moments earlier when they wanted to tidy it with Donghae, it was locked. Sungmin shrugged and his smile faded a little. But just a little, after all it wasn't Heechul he wanted to prank - he was supposed to be only a nice addition.
 
Then finally he started to separate white from colours. He decided Kyuhyun's white sheets will go first; Sungmin looked around a little nervously and seeing that there was noone here, he threw his wildly pink shirt to the washing machine along with them, then pushed the start button.
 
He couldn't wait for the singer's reaction.
 
 

Hi there you guys <3 Just wanted to... oh heck, HAVE YOU SEEN HAN GENG'S MV OF HIS MOST EPIC SONG EVER?? ..yeah, that's what I wanted to express >:] because omg I.Love.Dat.Song. Like, seriously (I've got it on repeat along with the latest f(x)'s mini album) *-* Hannie, don't worry, you'll be in my fanfic too eventually ^______^
 
Anyway, what was I... Oh, I know; chapter's not beta-ed, beause my Beta went on vacation without the Internet ='( I checked it twice though so I hope there won't be many mistakes ^^' Also - this is the longest chapter up till now O.o (to think that in my head, the whole fanfic was supposed to end in like 10 chapters... here we go the 7th and it's still the beginning -.-)
KyuHyuk's dance time is coming! As always - comment and subscribe my dear and lovely people <33
 

~ love, puppysauruss ^-^v