Secret Hideout.

Robot Malfunction

Eunmi's POV

I strode off into the abandoned half of the school as the bell rang, ending lunch.

I wasn't going to class with two bleeding knees and a killer headache. 

This half of the building was originally part of the school but got disconnected when a student who wasn't paying attention to their science teacher added hydrogen peroxide with acetic acid and heated them up which caused an explosion. The principal didn't want to return it into it's original state so he just decided to leave this part of the school away. Since then no one has stepped into this burnt out, smelly side. No one that didn't need a secret hiding place.

From the first day of freshmen year, I have been coming into this side of school and claiming it's territory as mine when I happen to be strolling for a new place to doze off without being caught one day. 

No one has caught me so far.

I reached for the door handle opening up to a room with mirrors. This was once the music section until it got moved elsewhere.

Closing the door behind me, I went over to the first-aid kit I stashed over by the mats. Comes in handy when you're a regular patient of rubbing alcohol. Taking out the q-tips I cleaned up the messy blood. My hands were being cautious when I was treating it with the alcohol. I did not like the sting it inflicted. I did not take the blood well. 

After bandaging myself up, I neatly put the kit back into it's hiding spot and went out the door. I needed to find some Advil, fast. 

The headache was increasing and getting a lot worse.

As I was walking down the stairs my feet caught on a chocolate bar wrapper and fell. Normal people would fall and get hurt, but me? I'm not normal, not at all according to the others. Instead my hands instantly made contact with the steps below and lifted me up into a handstand, I did all this within 3 seconds. 

I got down from the handstand and safely back on two feet touching the ground.

No, that did not happen at all.

Being upside down, the blood rushed all the way to my head. Adding a nauseous feeling to my surroundings. Usually it did not affect me at all, but right now it did. I had a headache the size of a blue whale.

Instead I clumsily got down from the handstand expecting a hard contact with the ground.

I was wrong.

I made contact with something soft.