Mission.

Robot Malfunction

Jay's POV

"YAH, YAH EUNMI!" I immediately yelled and ran when I saw her running. Too late as the door swung in front of my face. I shouldn't have let her go with Wooyoung, that make the perfect escape. Speaking of the fool...

"WOOYOUNG, WHY DID YOU LET HER GO?" 

He came out of the kitchen with his usual blank stare and calmly answered, "She wanted to go." 

"SHE'S AN INJURED GIRL. SHE'S SUPPOSED TO STAY IN BED!" 

"She had school."

"WHY WOULD SHE WANT TO GO TO SCHOOL INJURED?!"

"To learn." 

Speaking to Wooyoung was like speaking to Eunmi. But with Wooyoung there was actually a conversation going on. 

"YOU... AISH NEVERMIND GO AWAY." I frustratingly waved him off.

Being Wooyoung, he just shrugged his shoulders and went to sit himself beside Junho who was playing on the PS3. 

"Yah Jay, aren't you going to run after her?" Taec asked. I glared at him which caused him to raise an eyebrow in a 'what did I do' gesture. 

"I can't." I said through gritted teeth. 

"And why not?" Junsu asked. 

"That would violate my baby sis's rule." 

"Rules? What rules hyung?" Chansung confusedly wondered. 

"Rules that was created so that only then could she live with me." 

"Eh?" I rolled my eyes at the single child guys.

"Since you guys don't have any siblings, you wouldn't understand." I sighed, releasing my temper out. I always let my temper get the better of me whenever a situation involved Eunmi. 

"Not our fault all our parents wanted one child." Junsu stated. 

"HYUNG, JUST TELL US THE RULES. MY CURIOSITY IS OVERLOADING." Chansung pleaded with a pout.

"Ugh, quit that. That just makes you uglier." I commented. 

"Just tell us, there's no secret between us anymore so what's the big deal?" Nichkhun questioned.

I hesitated. What he was saying was true, but the thing was, I didn't want to explain. I wanted to sleep and put my worries away until later. Looking at all their faces though, it seems like they all wanted to know. Aish, these kids. I wonder why I ever picked them to be part of my gang. 

Sighing, I nodded my head. "Araso, araso. Calm yo asses down and I'll explain." 

Everyone's attention was turned to me as I explained my life in full detail, something I haven't done before and always avoided.

"Life? I thought we were talking about the rules." Taec said puzzled. 

"When I'm talking, no one interrupts got that?" I shot him a look.

"Fine, fine whatever; Continue on your royal majesty."  

Ignoring him, I backtracked all the way back. Back to the beginning to where it all started. When Eunmi was 8 years old and I was 10. Even without looking at Junsu and Wooyoung I knew they be listening because I'm not very open with my past. I had to spill it sooner or later.

"We used to live in America, my dad, mom, Eunmi and I. In this big house in Seattle. Everything was perfect, my parents were in love like a pair of teenagers, and Eunmi looked up to me -"

I noticed everybody's eyebrows rose. I shot them a 'she did back then, I could tell' look.

Continuing on with the story, "The way everybody lives should be, peaceful without a disturbance. But then my dad started to slowly lose his job. His company was going bankrupt. Even through all that, he made it seem like nothing was wrong. He always acted casual and didn't worry us about money. An 8 year old wouldn't have noticed anything was different, Eunmi was oblivious. A 10 year old year kid though? I was observant. Shortly after the bankrupt situation, these mail kept coming to the house non-stop. I suspected they were debts and bills dad had to pay back. Mom found out about them and went...- "

Here I had to pause to swallow down the constriction in my throat.

"She turned into a different person. She shut off everyone. She still did her regular house mom duties, but something in her had change. Later, dad announced that his friend in Korea had a company he could give to dad to merge with. Graciously accepting, my dad immediately went to tell mom. But she didn't want to go. She said she wanted to stay in Seattle in their big house. Dad tried persuading her to go but she wouldn't budge. No choice, dad had to leave. He took me with him because my mom took Eunmi. 2 years later, dad got into a car accident which killed him instantly. It was just me left alone in Korea. The friend of my dad's took me in seeing that I didn't want to go back to Seattle, it was pretty much the start of my rebellious stage. Getting into trouble, causing havoc, all the sorts, and where I met you guys-"

The guys all looked at me, everyone had the same expression, with grins pulling at their mouth.

"And that's how 2pm began. Our friendship and our hardships. 5 years later, the summer of my 17th birthday, I got a phone call from this orphanage. They said they had Lee Eunmi and at that time I was thinking to myself, 'who's Lee Eunmi' until they faxed over a picture of her and it was my sister. They said they found her in that Seattle house all by herself. They said mom died 5 years ago. Eunmi who was just barely 15 years old, took care of herself for 5 whole years. I knew I had to take her in even though I was underage, they didn't care, as long as she was with her family again. Next thing you know she's on her way here to Korea. I was excited to see her again, I missed her a lot, so meeting her after 7 years was making me a happy idiot. A cab pulled up near my house and it's Eunmi. I get all ready to hug her but she step-sides me and smack this piece of paper on my face. It was her rules list.

1. Privacy. Mind your own business. I won't meddle in yours and you won't meddle in mine.

2. Name is Lee Eunmi. 

3. Don't go into my room. Don't touch my stuff. 

4. The past is gone. Bringing it up is useless.

She said if I don't obey her rules then she'll pack up and leave. I couldn't let her go just like that, I wanted her to stay. I had to agree. 2 years later and here we are now. The end."

I finished with a blank look.

Junho whistled. 

"How'd your mom died though? I'm still a bit fuzzy." Nichkhun asked.

I shrugged, "Eunmi never told me, and plus it was bringing up the past so I couldn't ask." 

"Whoa, and all the time Eunmi was here you were dealing with your gang work. Must've been tiresome." Junsu praised. 

"Nah, Eunmi was mostly holed up in her room or out a lot so loose paper work that was out in the open didn't catch her attention." I stated. 

"That was breaking rule 1 too if she did nosy her way into your business." Chansung chirped in. 

More questions were about to be asked until my cell rang. 

"Yo," I said into the receiver.

It was silent as the guys looked at Jay's face talking on the phone. He was getting enthusiastic, they could tell from the look on his face. Within 2 minutes the phone snapped shut.

"Who's ready for action? Got a mission for us."

"WAHOOOO, I'M PUMPED HYUNG!"

"What's it this time?" Taec asked excitedly. 

"Chase." I grinned.

"Who's the target?"  Junsu wanted to know. 

"Infinite."