Off To A Bad Start.

Robot Malfunction

Eunmi's POV

"If x = yx and 4 times xy is 17, what is y?" the math teacher asked.

It was first period and already I was bored. I was bored with a slight case of shivers. That's what I get for wearing only a shirt in the cold last night. Thank god I didn't get some bad cold or fever. Speaking of last night, what was that guy doing sitting out there in that type of weather.

'Pabo' I muttered quietly to myself while thinking about the crazy idiot.

To my surprise, Sungjong who was idly doodling in his notebook, looked over at me.

"What did you just call me?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

He thought I was talking to him, I ignored the question and continued looking out the window. 

He grumbled to himself thinking I couldn't hear him. "Aish, stupid woman called me pabo when I'm probably smarter than her." 

He was wrong, I heard.

Usually I don't reply back but this guy was irritating me and I was damn bored. 

"If you heard me before why'd you even asked," I said while watching birds fly by the window. 

This time with him surprised, he stopped doodling and looked back towards me.

'Did she just talk back.' Sungjong thought. 'Huh, so she can speak.'

"It's called defending myself because someone called me something I'm not when they don't even know me." 

I glanced at him. 

"It's called being a pabo when I wasn't even talking to you." 

With that I turned my gaze towards the clouds outside.

Silence.

Ha, I stomped him. After a few seconds though, he replied back.

"But you just called me a pabo right now!"

Are you serious, did he not see that he lost I thought, giving him a blank stare and reverting back into my quiet self indicating that this conversation is over. 

I expected him to stop talking to me if I showed no interest, that did not work out.

He then started to bombard me with questions.

"I don't get how you're a robot, you speak, eat, sleep, and whatnot right? Just that your personality is different and unapproachable right right?? You don't even fawn over me when I'm talking to you either, are you sure you're a girl?" 

I mentally shaved off his blonde hair for that last question. 

"Are you sure you're not a transual." 

"BWOH , ARE YOU IMPLYING SOMETHING?!", "DON'T EVEN GO THERE!" were the responses I thought he say.

Instead I got laughter.

"Hey, I'm Sungjong!" He greeted with a hand raised out.

I stared at his hand and did not reply.

"Nice to meet you too Eunmi!" I then turned my stare at him.

Reading my mind he pointed at something beside me, I glanced down and there was my notebook with my name written in neat letters at the top right hand corner. 

I shifted my eyes back onto Sungjong who was back to what I assume was his doodling. I looked over at the clock to check the time when my eyes caught the glare of this girl with multiple piercings staring right at me. More specifically, sending daggers into my head. She then whispered something to Fei, who was seating beside her, and they both looked over at me before nodding. 

Huh.

My thoughts got interrupted when a paper airplane landed on my desk. I looked up. Sungjong was quietly studying me and motioning to unfold the piece of paper. 

YAH, have you ever considered getting contacts? Those glasses are the ugliest things I ever laid my eyes on. The cracks in them are only making them better. ANYWAYS, do you want to eat lunch with me and my friends today?! 

I crumpled up the paper and threw it out the window. 

Who does this guy think he is. Suddenly inviting me to come eat with him and his hooligan friends. Fat chance.

Speaking of glasses, I needed a new pair. This morning, I came early to school to look for them but when I searched near the staircase I couldn't find them anyway. I spent all that time looking for the damn glasses only to realize that someone could've picked them up and threw it away seeing how damaged it looked. Feeling tired I went into my homeroom and there on my desk, looking ugly as usual, was my glasses. 

I wondered who picked them up, I was glad it came back to me though. 

RING ! ~

Finally lunch time. I immediately flew out of the room before Sungjong could ask me what my answer was.

I always eat lunch by myself. To get to the abandoned part of Seoul High, I had to walk through the cafeteria. Meaning, having to face insults and abuse by the 4 nincompoops while walking to my hideout. 

That did not happen, instead I got pulled on the arm by Sungjong who was dragging me to the Kingka/Queenka's lunch table in the far corner. 

"Thought you could get away? HA, like I let you say no when I wanted you to come in the first place."

I'm going to kill him.

I tried to free myself from his grip. It did not budge and I was left being pulled up in front of him who was about to introduce me to his friends. 

"Guys, this is Lee Eunmi. She's my new friend so you better treat her nicely." 

-

Sungyeol's POV

I was silently listening to Dongwoo's story about some DBSK gang causing him trouble when the whole table suddenly went quiet. Everyone's eyes was set upon the person in front of us and the blonde-haired fool behind her. 

"Guys, this is Lee Eunmi. She's my new friend so you better treat her nicely."

It was that girl I fell on top of. Why was she here. 

Whatever.

Uninterested I looked away and continued my inactive participating to what was going on.

"Eunmi, this is Sunggyu, Myungsoo, Dongwoo, Hoya, Woohyun, and Sungyeol." 

There was an awkward silence after that as no one responded. 

I was about to get up and leave to my secret hideout when Sungjong broke the awkward atmosphere with his yelling.

"YAH, EUNMI. YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO KICK SO HARD." 

I looked up to see him holding his groin and her quickly, walking away. 

I stood up and started walking towards the stairs but not before I saw Woohyun's face, which had a wide smile on it.

Woohyun rarely ever smiles. 

Wonder what got him in a good mood.

-

Eunmi's POV

It was last period yet I was still replaying what had happened at lunch today. 

That puffball pabo. Grabbed me and pulled me into an awkward situation. And made me miss the eating lunch part. 

He deserved that groin kick. 

RING ! ~

Time for work. 

I left the school fast before Sungjong could spot me. 

I erased everything that had happen to me in the past 7 hours from my mind as I sped towards West Seoul. 

-

Work was the usual now that I had my glasses again. Since business was slow tonight, Mrs. Yang let me off the job an hour early.  Saying my goodbyes, I quickly started my way home eager for food. I was starving.

It was then, when I was walking alongside the sidewalk that I felt a hand clasp over my mouth and pulled me near an alleyway. 

They pushed me down to the ground and then stepped in front of a light giving me a good look at their faces. I looked up already knowing it was Fei and that multiple piercings girl.  

"You think you're special that Sungjong was talking to you?!" They began. 

I looked away. I knew better than to reply with one of my blunt responses. 

"Look at me when I'm talking!" Piercing girl said tugging my hair upwards facing her. 

"Listen up , stay away from him if you know what's good for you. He's mine, hear me? So you better lay your hands off my property. Lay your hands off every one of them actually, that's right we say you flirting with them at lunch." 

Whoa, obsessive, jealous, dumb freaks or what.

"WHAT DID YOU CALL US?!"  Fei angrily asked.

Huh, go figure. I said that out loud. 

Her jealously over nothing was irritating me to no end. Instead of staying quiet, I bluntly said "Dumb Freaks."

SMACK

Slapped. Punched. Kicked to the ground. By the two of them.

There was no end to it. 

The old bruises were getting replaced with new ones. 

"This is what you get for back-talking us. You stupid ." Fei tsked at me. 

"Remember our warning. Stay away from them." Piercing girl, who's name was Hyori,  threatened.

With that, they both ran away before anyone could come see what all the commotion was about. 

I lay there motionless. Trying to regain my breath. But failing badly as the pain clouded my mind.

My clothes were torn, cheek was scratched, blood everywhere, bruises painfully forming. In the midst of it all, my glasses were thrown to the side and crushed by Hyori's high heels. 

Home. I got to get home before Jay does. I got to go before anyone sees the state I'm in.

Using a lot of effort, I managed to make myself stand up. Using a lot of will power, I willed myself to get home quick. 

It was hard. Every breath made my lungs feel like it was on fire. It was torture. Even though I was used to this, the pain was overwhelming each time. 

I was busy looking at the ground and keeping myself upright that I didn't realize somebody was in front of me til' it was too late. I bumped into them.

"Eunmi?..." 

I took an intake of air, no. Not him, I thought as I recognized the voice.

I slowly looked up and there was Woohyun with Myungsoo over his shoulders looking at me.  Looking down, at a badly injured me. 

"Yah, what happened..." As always with him around, I ran away before he could finish his sentence. 

"HEY! EUNMI!" He yelled.

I ran faster. And faster. And faster until I couldn't hear them behind me and bumped into somebody again for the second time in the night. At the speed I was going, gravity caught up with me and caused me to fall on top of the person. 

I let out a hiss at the impact of the crash.

Feeling the person underneath me move I looked up from their chest. And was immediately met by a familiar pair of dark, brown eyes. I instantly got off him realizing the position we were in and remembering what I was supposed to be doing. 

If I don't get home soon, I'm going to pass out. If I don't get home. Jay will. If I'm not there. Over-protective brother freak out. Quickly getting up, I ran.

-

Sungyeol's POV

I was suddenly pushed to the ground. Aish, my head hit the concrete. But that thought left my mind when I smelled vanilla. 

Vanilla with hints of blood. 

I looked up at the person who crashed into me and was greeted with large, light brown eyes. I felt like I seen them somewhere before, but where? 

The heavy weight on me lighten. I looked up only to see her retreating figure running away from me once again. I only had one thought in mind:

'Who are you.' 

-

Jay's POV

WHERE IS THAT GIRL, IT'S PAST MIDNIGHT AND SHE'S STILL NOT BACK YET. 

AUHSDFOIUSHDGIG, I was having a spaz attack. Imagining all sorts of things that could've happened to her.

"Yo Jay, chill. What got your pants in a knot?" Taec asked while wiping his face with a towel trying to rid himself of the drawn mustache. 

"Aniyo, nothing." I mumbled, forgetting I wasn't alone at home. 

My mind was still in overdrive, imagining where Eunmi could be right now. 

We were all in the living room, which was connected to the front door. Meaning we could see whoever entering from the living room. The guys were chattering loudly when the front door opened.

I looked up from where I was sitting and instantly went towards the door once seeing an image of my baby sis struggling to stand. 

Only one thought went flashing through my mind as Eunmi passed out in my arms.

Hell will break loose to whoever did this.