The Boys.

Robot Malfunction

8 year old Eunmi's POV

"Eunmi, come say goodbye to your oppa and appa." Umma commanded while she was silently looking out the window at the dull, grey sky. 

I stood up from where I was playing with my toys and headed to the front door.

"Be a good girl and help your mother out a lot araso?" Appa asked then pulled me into his arms for the last time. I nodded to let him know I would, then proceeded over to where oppa was.

He was trying not to cry. 

"B-be strong, don't cry. Oppa will see you in the future o-oka-ay ... okay?"

Dummy, I wasn't crying. He was, as tears fell out of his eyes. 

Then he crushed me into his arms and whispered, "Umma and Appa aren't having a divorce, they just need some space apart to regain their spark back." 

I stood there already knowing the real truth behind them leaving to Korea and us staying here in America.

After a few more minutes, he finally let go. 

"Bye Eunmi, I love you." appa smiled at me. My throat began to constrict. 

Jay was silent, he looked towards umma who was still looking outside. Not saying her shares of goodbye. He clenched his fist and ran towards the car. Appa shook his head and proceeded to the car as well, but not without a last glance at umma. 

"Bye Ji Ae, saranghaeyo." He softly said. 

With that he closed the door leaving behind me and umma. The car rumbled to life, slowly driving out of the driveway. The engine was deafening, and soon the noise slowly faded away.

All that time, I was still rooted to the spot. I could hear umma's soft footsteps coming my way and putting her arms around me. 

"Eunmi, you already know don't you."

Silence.

"Eunmi..." with that, all the tears she held inside came flooding out.

So hungry, need food. That was the first thought that came into mind right after I woke up from that flashback. I didn't question it or fret because I knew these strange dreams I was having were just my mother's way of telling me time was close. 

I tried to move but every movement I made, my body ached all over. After countless tries I gave up and just laid there. What was I doing on my bed? Why am I hurt everywhere?

A couple of seconds after, I reacted. I finally got caught up in the situation, the past events that happened to me before I out came rushing through my brain. Sungjong. Hyori. 4 nincompoops. Attacked. Meeting him. Jay. Wounds. 

Oh crap.

I slowly moved my hand to pull the blanket off of me and sure enough I was in my pajamas and the injuries were treated and bandaged. Somebody had taken care of my wounds. Somebody had even treated my past wounds. 

I prayed it wasn't Jay. Over to my right, I glimpse at the clock. 11am. I missed first period. 

Then my ears perked up at the loud whisperings coming from downstairs. Seems like it wasn't just Jay and I at home. Geez, can they get any louder?

"Is she supposed to be sleeping this long?" Some guy with a deep voice asked.

"I don't know, just stop raising your voice. That's not whispering at all." 

"I AM whispering." 

"No you're not Taec, that's more like talking loudly in a slighty soft voice. Scratch that, booming voice." the guy deep voice guy was talking to replied back.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU HAVE A SISTER HYUNG. AND THAT YOU NEVER TOLD US!" Someone interrupted them.

"AISH JUST KEEP YOUR GODDAMN VOICES DOWN AND CHANSUNG, STOP ASKING THAT. THAT'S LIKE THE 10TH TIME ALREADY." Jay annoyingly hissed. 

"I JUST CAN'T, MY BRAIN WON'T PROCESS THE INFORMATION!" Who I assume was Chansung.

"Yeah! Why didn't you tell us you had a sibling?" This other guy asked.

How many people were here anyways. By the voices I kept hearing, it sounded like 6 guys. Great, just great. More people to face. 

"SHE'S SO CUTE HYUNG. IS SHE SINGLE?!" 

"YAH, THIS IS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY I DIDN'T MENTION HER." Jay replied. 

"Wait, wait, does she know though? Who we are?" Deep voice guy suddenly asked.

Huh. Seems like I'm not the only one hiding secrets.

"SHHH, SHUT UP TAEC. DO YOU WANT ANOTHER BEAT DOWN? AND NO SHE DOESN'T KNOW AND I'M KEEPING IT THAT WAY." 

Did they not know that they were loud beyond the point of whispering now and that the possibility of me hearing was 100%.

"HEY, DOES YOU HAVING A SISTER WHY YOU KEEP GOING HOME AND GETTING ANGRY AT US WHEN WE ASK YOU TO COME BACK?!" This guy realized.

"Can you guys shut up for a while. Deal with it later-..."

I tuned out of their conversation. I had enough, my stomach was growling, and their stupid voices was keeping me up. With all my strength, while ignoring my body's cries of aching, I got up from my bed and headed towards the bathroom to clean myself up and see how much damage was done to me.

I stared at myself in the mirror that only showed down to my waist. I had a pink band-aid on my left cheek and a patch of that square band-aid on my forehead but my bangs were covering it so you could hardly see it. My neck contained black and purplish bruises, I winced when I pressed my fingers on it. I looked down at my arms and legs and those too supported bruises of their own. 

No wonder everywhere ached. 

If I could barely take two steps, going to school, working, and coming back home was going to be extremely painful. I could tell today wasn't going to be normal. 

Stepping back into my room I closed the door and got ready for school. The skirt would be replaced with skinny jeans to cover my legs, white tank top and baggy hoodie to cover my arms. Going against uniform, already not normal. Nothing covered my face.

Great. My hoodie would have to hide myself now. Pulling it over my head I grabbed my ipod and bag then headed downstairs. As soon as I came into full view the guys finally shut up. I ignored them and went to the kitchen to grab an apple. 

Even though I was in another room and there was a wall between us, I could still feel their stares. 

"Told you you guys were being too loud." Nichkhun proclaim. 

SMACK x 5

"YAAAH, WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!" They all chorused.

"For being too noisy and waking up my baby sis." Jay narrowed his eyes. 

"HOW COME WOOYOUNG AND NICHKHUN DOESN'T GET SMACKED?!" Junsu asked with a pout.

"Easy, we're cuter." Nichkhun responded with a smile. 

With that they all began to bicker on who was cuter. 

Looking in the fridge, it was empty. I glanced at the garbage and sure enough it was overflowing with the food I bought two days ago that was supposed to last me for a week. I slammed the fridge's door shut.

That startled the guys and refocused their attention back to me. I stood at the living room entrance that led to the front door and blankly stared right at Jay. He was oblivious to the fact that I was mad. 

"Eunmi, where are you going?! You're supposed to be in bed resting!" He ran up to me. 

Silence. 

"Why didn't you wake me up I missed first period." 

Jay, who raised his eyebrows, was surprised at my reply. He then saw me flicker my eyes around the trashed living room and look at the guys who, if I didn't know better, looked as if they belonged in a gang with their baggy clothing. 

"Oh yeah .. starting today, my friends are going to be living with us until they get another house,"  he explained.

Silence.

"This is Taecyeon, Nichkhun, Junsu, Junho, Chansung, and Wooyoung." My eyes followed his finger that pointed towards each person while introducing them.

"And guys, this is Eunmi, my adorable, baby sister." He proudly bragged. 

This guy has a serious sister-complex. 

"Hey," they awkwardly said. How was it that they could notice my mood but my own flesh and blood brother didn't? 

"Who was the one that treated my wounds." I asked. 

They immediately pointed at this guy with a mohawk. If I remember correctly his name was Wooyoung. I looked at him, he looked at me, we had a staring contest for 5 seconds. I walked up to him then grabbed him on his arm and dragged us to the kitchen. Everyone was stunned. Expect Jay.

"YAH, WOOYOUNG WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING WITH EUNMI." On and on he rambled.

Did he not see the part where I dragged the guy along with me? Aish, dimwit brother. I suddenly stopped in in my tracks, causing Wooyoung to bump into me and mumble a sorry, to tell Jay to stay away from the kitchen. He shut up and did as told. He finally noticed my mood. 

Once we were in the kitchen I immediately let go and focused my gaze at something beside me. I wasn't going to talk directly with my exposed face to some stranger I just met. It was awkward as no on said anything. 

"Don't tell." I began.

"Don't tell what?" He asked like he didn't know what I was talking about.

What a , he knew exactly what I was trying to say. 

"The wounds. You treated  the fresh ones and my old ones." 

Silence from him.

"Don't tell Jay or anyone about them." 

Silence yet again. This guy was seriously irritating me. 

"Why?" He just had to ask.

"Just don't okay." 

Silence.

I couldn't take it anymore so I took a peek at him. I was met with an intense stare. I quickly looked away. After some few long seconds he responded.

"Alright." 

With that I the heels of my feet and went to the front door. Mumbling quietly, 'thanks'. I was sure he couldn't have heard me but he then replied back over my shoulders with a 'no problem'. 

I quickly slipped on my school shoes and dashed through the door before Jay could get a hold of me. 

When I was sure I couldn't hear his yelling, I slowed down my pace and stopped to catch my breath. My body wasn't cooperating properly, I was noticing the aching by now. 

"Get through the day. Get through the day. Get through the day." I muttered to myself.

Clearing my mind and concentrating on my steps, I made my way to school.