Things Just Got Worse.

Robot Malfunction

Eunmi’s POV

“EUNMI, WAKE UP. YOU DIDN’T MAKE BREAKFAST.” Chansung whined, banging on my door. “EUNMI!!! I’M HUNGRY. TODAY’S SUNNY SIDE UP SUNDAYS. MY FAVOURITE.” Groggily moving my stiff body, I sat up. I overslept? I never overslept. Looking over at the time, it read 1:00pm.

I slept for 20 hours.

Resting my head on my hands, I groaned. The rushing of brain power starting up made me woozy.

“CHANSUNG. WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?!” I heard Jay whisper fiercely, “IF MY BABY SIS NEEDS HER REST, LET HER. MAKE YOUR OWN DAMN BREAKFAST.” More whining now from Chansung, “BUT HYUNG,” “LOWER YOUR DAMN VOICE,” Jay interrupted. “BUT HYUNG,” Chansung quietly whined, “You know I can’t cook!”

I blocked out their quarreling. My concern right now was that my body felt strange. Slowly getting out of bed, I managed to stand up without falling. Stretching my limbs was the hardest workout I ever had; it felt like a ton of bricks was on my pressure points.

Maybe a shower would help? Yeah, that’ll probably get my body energized.   

Hearing the door’s hinges squeaking, signaling my entrance, Jay and Chansung sprang from the door. “CRAP. CHANSUNG!” Jay smacked the maknae on the head, “S-SORRY EUNMI.” I walked pass them as if they weren’t there. When the bathroom door closed behind me, Jay repeatedly hit Chansung.

“HYUNG STOP IT.” Jay kept bullying him. “JAY HYUNG!!!!!” The fighting made Nichkhun come out of his room and rip Jay off of bruised Chansung. “Honestly, grow up you guys.” Jay huffed in annoyance, “He woke up my baby sis. She needs her beauty sleep.”  

Pushing Chansung towards his room, Nichkhun turned to the fuming leader. “You seriously need to tone down your sibling complex.” Furrowing his brows, Jay snorted at his advice. “You clearly don’t know what it’s like to have a cute sister like Eunmi.”

This time Nichkhun snorted, “Cute sister with a frightening personality.” “Ditto on that.” Taecyeon passed by, going into Junho’s room. “You know it’s true, don’t glare at me like that.” Sighing, Nichkhun led Jay downstairs. “She’s not the most affectionate sibling.”

Their bickering faded in the background; my body sank against the bathroom door. “I know,” I whispered to myself, replying to Nichkhun’s obvious statement. “Only a few more months left.”

-

Repetitive knocking broke my focused, concentration from doing homework.

Jay poked his head in, “We’re going out for dinner. So get dress.” I nodded, and started piling up pieces of paper and writing utensils, creating a clean space on my desk. When I saw Jay didn’t go away, I spoke up. “And?”

He casually walked into my room, closing the door behind him for privacy. I watched as he fidgeted, fingers twirling together in a rapid motion. He sat down on my bed and patted the space next to him. Raising my brow, I wordlessly sat down on my chair instead.

Sighing, Jay ran a hand through his spiked up hair. He was nervous to the point of constantly twitching. I had enough of the silence. “What do you want?” Jay met my eyes and smiled his childish grin like he was guilty of something. “Don’t get mad… but I brought you something.”

Before I could go into a strand of I-thought-I-told-you-never-to-spend-money-on-me, Jay held out the gift. “Since you lost yours and never bothered to buy a new one, I thought I buy it for you.” He placed the cellphone in my hands. “This way, you’ll be easier to get in touch with and I won’t freak out anymore.”

Jay laughed but I could see the worry lines near his eyes, I really do stress him out with my disappearing acts. “Thank you.” I managed to choke out, Jay blinked his eyes. He was waiting for me to either ignore him or throw out the cellphone, but when I did neither of those things, he broke out into a smile.

Standing up, he patted my head. “I’ll leave you to change; we’re leaving in 10 minutes.” I swatted his hands away and rearranged my bangs. Jay chuckled at my cute action. Just when I thought the sibling moment ended, Jay turned around at the last second.

“Can I have a hug?” I stared at Jay’s outstretched arms. I knew this strange request was from his and Nichkhun’s conversation this morning. Seeing no movement from me, Jay sighed and dropped his arms. “Never mind.” His sad expression tugged my heart.

Oh no, my heartstring was being pulled. Guilt attacked me, all he wanted was a hug right? Nothing bad can come from that. Right? Doing the unexpected, I tugged on Jay’s sleeve before he could leave. “This is a thank you gesture for the cellphone. I been meaning to get one but never had the time. So thanks.” Jay stupidly blinked his eyes at the sight of me stretching my arms out for a hug.

“You got 5 seconds to respond.”

Jay giddily went to me and wrapped his arms around my small frame. I hesitantly placed my hands on his back. Awkwardly patting, it’s been a while since I held someone. Just then yelling erupted from outside my door.

Still holding me, Jay turned the knob. Taecyeon and Chansung were staring at us like guilty puppies. Their eyes bulged out and mouth a gaped. But Chansung immediately grew out into a big smile, “TOLD YOU TAEC HYUNG. YOU OWE ME $20!”

Jay menacingly growled at them, “You guys betted?!” Taecyeon gloomily handed over the money, “God Eunmi. I would’ve won if you didn’t hug Jay.” Chansung happily skipped downstairs. Giving me one last squeeze Jay pushed Taecyeon into an empty room, “You and me? Yeah we’re going to have a little talk.”

Jay closed the door so I could get dress for the night out.

I swear I heard screaming from next door, but when I listened again, it was silent. Shrugging my shoulders, I didn’t think anything had happened. When I came downstairs though, Taecyeon was icing a red spot on his forehead.

Chansung laughed at him, glad he didn’t get punishment.

“OKAY! FOOD HERE WE COME.” Junho declared, placing his hands on my shoulders and guiding me out towards the car. Wooyoung hopped onto his motorcycle, while Jay and Junsu each got into a car; a yellow Porsche a red Convertible. Jay recently had a tendency to buy cars on a whim whenever he was in a mood; it did well for the guys because there was more than one mode of transportation now.

“Eunmi, Chansung, and Nichkhun, you’re with me. Junho and Taec, you’re with Junsu.” I sat in the backseat with Chansung while Nichkhun got shot gun. Junho and Taecyeon was fighting over the front seat, Junsu rolled his eyes and pushed Junho into the back, deciding for them.

I was mindlessly playing with my brand new cellphone, Jay hadn’t activated it yet leaving me to turn it on and set it to my personal settings. Finally putting everything to the way I liked it, I made a new contact. Taking Jay’s cellphone from the cup compartment near the shift stick, I searched for his number.

Naming it ‘Jay’, I put back his device after placing my number in his marked ‘Eunmi’. During a red light, Jay quickly renamed my contact to ‘Baby Sis <3’ and took my cellphone while I wasn’t looking. Nichkhun nudged Jay to pay attention and to keep both hands on the wheels, noticing the cellphone Nichkhun took it and decided to put his number in as well.

Chansung, seeing his hyungs’ actions, wanted to put his number as well. He sneakily swiped the mobile when Nichkhun was finished. Gleefully, Chansung handed my cellphone back to me. I mentally rolled my eyes at their contact names.

‘ALMIGHTY CHANSUNG’, ‘Prince Nichkhun’, and ‘Jay Oppa <3’. How original.

Nichkhun smiled at my contact name he placed in his cell, ‘Princess Eunmi’. Chansung giggled to himself about his nickname for me, ‘SCARY DONGSENG’.

Arriving at the guy’s favourite restaurant, I settled myself between Wooyoung and Junho. It was my first time eating outside and with 2pm. I always cook and eat by myself in my room. I didn’t know what to order so I blankly stared at the menu.

Seeing my facial expression, Wooyoung poked my cheek. “I suggest the spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread.” It was such an expensive restaurant that I didn’t want to get anything over the tops. But the prices they labeled made it hard to choose. The pasta was $20 a plate?! With $5 for side dishes?! I shook my head at Wooyoung’s offer.

Jay, who was sitting across from me, asked what I wanted to order when the waiter came back. “Water,” I replied. Making 2pm laugh at my answer, “She’ll get the spaghetti special”, Wooyoung told the waiter. Before I could cancel the order, he went away.

I tried flicking Wooyoung on the forehead, he just dodged my attack and chuckled, “This is a high-class restaurant. You can’t just order water.” Junho ruffled my head, “So cute.” That triggered it. They then started to coo over how ‘adorable’ I was for wanting only water.

The girls in the restaurant were eyeing Jay and the others. Clearly liking what they saw, a group of hot, dressed guys out for the night. They were sending envious vibes at the attention I was receiving. I then felt a vibration from my pocket; taking out the cellphone I saw I had one new message.

I wanted to sit beside you. ):” – Prince Nichkhun

I looked up to see Nichkhun frowning in my direction.

Pabo.” – Princess Eunmi

One end of Nichkhun’s mouth curled up into a smile. Wooyoung saw the exchange between us and took my cellphone out of my hands. He raised an eyebrow; wordlessly he started typing in something. I got it back after a minute but the attempt to hide my device ended in failure as Junho took it from me.  

Junho gave me an eye smile, and punched something in. I reached for it but he only held it away. All the while, the others were in their own world, not paying attention to us. The waiter came by and placed three baskets of fresh garlic bread in the middle of the table. Instantly, Taecyeon dived in and devoured one of the rolls. “God, so good!” He started attacking one of the baskets.

Wooyoung took one of the rolls and planted it on my plate. I uttered a quiet, ‘thank you’ and took a bite. The garlic goodness flooded my senses. Oh man, Taecyeon was right. These were good. I turned to Junho, wondering what was taking so long with him and my cellphone. I was met with an image of chipmunk Junho.

He was stuffing himself with the buns.

Junsu, who was sitting beside Junho, laughed at the sight of us already eating like pigs. He then spotted the other customers eyeing the strange teenagers pigging out. Junsu embarrassingly covered his faces, “Our orders haven’t fully come out yet, god you guys.”

Junho tossed my cellphone to Junsu, “Yours and Taecyeon are the only ones left who doesn’t have Eunmi’s number.” Immediately, Junsu gushed over the model Jay had given me. “YOU SAID I COULDN’T GET THIS BECAUSE IT WAS SO EXPENSIVE YET YOU GOT EUNMI IT?! HOW COULD YOU?” Jay mindlessly shrugged his shoulders at Junsu’s outrage.

Taecyeon laughed as Junsu sullenly gave him my cellphone.

Just then, our food arrived. But there was something strange about the different server, when I recognized the red hair I suddenly choked on the big bite I took from the garlic bread. Wooyoung instantly patted my back and held a glass of water in front of my lips. I gratefully took it and drank down the liquid to unclog my windpipe.

“Here you-“ Before Amy could finish her sentence, she spotted me and shouted in delight. “Eunmi?!” Quickly placing the food down, Amy came over to where I was and gave me a kiss on the cheek. To which Jay loudly screech in disgust. Ignoring Jay’s cries of utter horror at someone else kissing Eunmi other than him, Amy started to chat with me.

“I didn’t know you work here.” I was surprised, “Is Henry here?”

The guys immediately zoned their ears into our conversation at the mention of a guy’s name coming out of my lips. After giving Wooyoung a glare when Amy met his gaze, she replied, “Nope. Just me, his second job is somewhere in West Seoul; being an English teacher at some music school.” I nodded, just then someone, probably her manager, shouted for Amy.

“Oops, got to go deliver more orders!” Before leaving, she bent down and whispered in my ear, “My aunt wants to see you tomorrow.” I blankly stared at her, Amy’s eyes were telling me to go and not ignore the situation any longer. “I’ll see you tomorrow,” I said with a hint of coldness. Jay instantly noticed this and curiously wondered what we were discussing about in private.

Sighing, Amy patted my head and went back to work.

Unconsciously, I angrily dug into my pasta and played operation with the meatballs. Taecyeon cautiously slid my phone back to me across the table. Junho sighed and took my fork and spoon away; he twirled strands of noodles onto the fork using the spoon’s help and held it in my face.

“If you’re not going to eat properly, I’ll have to feed you myself.” Junho patiently waited for my response. I shook my head and grabbed the extra fork on the table, “I’ll behave.” My mumbling caused him to laugh. After a few bites, I stopped eating.

A sudden feeling overtaking me.

My intuition was right as I received a text message. My blood froze as I read it. I excused myself from the table, causing curious stares from the guys, “Washroom.” I practically ran to the toilets like I really needed to use it. I locked the door and checked to see if anyone else was in the room, there wasn’t.

Then my phone rang.

I hesitantly answered it, not saying a word. Immediately I heard chuckling from the other line, “Hello Park Eunmi.” He waited for me to say something, probably a harsh comment on how they got my number or what did they want. I didn’t give in.

“The silent type huh? That’s alright, I’ll just talk and you listen.”

My intuition was tingling again.

“Park Eunmi, beloved sister of Park Jay, the leader of 2pm. Also my most hated rival. Now tell me, what do you think he would do if I somehow got you in the palm of my hands? Go down on his knees and beg me to return you safely? Or fight until he dies, as long as you were alright. Most likely the second choice…”

My hands shook, not expecting his next sentence, “A pity yet incredibly great for me that you’re going to die very soon anyways. Not by my hands, but because of the thing growing inside your head. Am I right?”

Who is this?” I demanded.

Laughter came as a reply.

“We’re always watching you. If you don’t want anything happening to your brother or people close to you, you better do what we say. Or else… well you know what we’re going to do.”

Who is this.” I tried not to make my voice shaky.

“Your worst nightmare.”

With that, they hung up. I sank onto the floor, burying my head on my knees, in a fetal position. This could not be happening, it just can’t. Is this what Jay meant when he didn’t want me to know he was in a gang? Otherwise other people would find out and use that information to their benefit? I clenched my hands.

How in the world did they know about my tumor? I had been careful not to leave trails or clues, in case someone starts snooping around. Just what was going on?!

My phone beeped as I got a new message.

I scrolled to the first one.

I wonder what Park Jay would do if someone hurt Park Eunmi? A call will be made in 5 minutes.” – Unknown Sender

Then to the newest one.

First task: Withdraw all the money from 2pm and Infinite’s bank accounts, and then deposit them into your account. Send your information to us after. Make sure to lock your phone with a password, wouldn’t want anyone to know of this ordeal do we?” – Unknown Sender

What am I going to do?

 

___________________________________________

 

Author's Corner. 

Whoa, a whole month since I last updated! I'm sorry faithful subscribers. I been losing interest in this fanfic, I'm so lazy. But everytime I come close to deleting this story, I think about the 94 of you that took your time to read this story of mine. So despite my slow updates even though I said I would give out quick updates, I will not give up on this fanfic. Thank you for the 10000 views!