That's It

Learned My Lesson In Love

 

Kris took a look on his watch, he gasped. It almost 9 p.m, the bakery will close in a few minutes while he still at Lay's house and that's will take 20 minutes to arrived there.
 
He kept cursing under his breath. How can he forgot about it. Kris didn't want to go home and met a sulking little panda that will whine for all night.
 
'' He quickens his pace when he looked at his wrist watch again. 10 minutes later, he stood in front of a small bakery, panting for some air to come into his poor lungs.
 
The bakery still has its customers which made Kris relieved that he's not too late. The small bell that was hanging at the top of the bakery's door rang as he pushed the door.
 
He notices Luhan were cleaning the tables and made his moves to him.
 
"Hey, Luhan, ge." Luhan looked up and smiled widely when saw Kris. He gave Kris a hug before the younger pulled him away.
 
"People are looking, ge." He received a cute pout from Luhan. Kris sighed and ruffled the elder's hair.
 
"My hair!" Luhan slapped Kris's hand away and fixed his hair back.
 
Kris chuckled and asked the elder, "Is there any cake left, ge? I want to buy one for Tao."
 
A shrug was given from the older and he pointed to the counter and said, "Ask my co-worker there."
 
Kris moved his gaze to the place Luhan pointed. He saw a short worker was wrapping a box of cake and gave it to the customer with his warm smile. That smile, Kris knew that smile that calms his heart, that smile that pure as snow.
 
Unconsciously, Kris took steps towards the counter and stopped in front of the worker who shock written in his eyes and his smile fade eventually as he saw Kris stood in front of him.
 
"Um, what do you have?" Kris broke the awkward silence, making the other startled and nervously look at display rack.
 
"Chocolate Almond Mousse"
 
"I want that one."
 
Baekhyun took put the cake and placed it onto a small box. He wrapped it shakily and tied the pink ribbon nicely. His hands were trembling hard but Kris didn't see it.
 
Then he passed the box to Kris, made their hands against to each other slightly, enough to make Baekhyun's heart beats double than normal.
 
As soon as he thanked Kris, he made his way to the toilet while his hand clenched on his hurt chest. Once he closed the toilet's door, he slid down against the door, cried.
 
The hurt came again; Baekhyun wondered why he still can't accept this. Usually people will ran happily to their boyfriends when they met, but for Baekhyun, he hurt yet feel guilty because of Chanyeol.
 
He stayed there for a few minutes before he went to change his clothes.
 
 
 
 
Luhan walked to the frozen Kris and gave a tap on the taller shoulder. Kris blinked hard, making Luhan a little worried about his friend.
 
"Are you alright, Kris?"
 
Kris tried not to stammer his words but he failed. "I-i am a-alright, ge".
 
"Hey! Spill out! What's wrong?"
 
"Your co-worker, we met him before right?"
 
"Ah! Yeah, he's Chanyeol's best friend. I forgot that you still didn't know he's working with me."
 
"Ah! Go go, we already closed." Luhan pushed Kris outside the bakery because his Sehun will come in any time
 
 
 
 
Baekhyun breathed heavily, he looked at his watch. Tao said he will wait after Baekhyun's shift end.
 
Baekhyun bid goodbye with Luhan and walked out from the bakery. Once he stepped his foot outside, he shivered a bit; the weather quite cold that night.
 
He rubbed both of his palms together to prevent from the coldness until he heard a deep voice from his side.
 
"Baekhyun." Baekhyun's eyes widen, not trusting what he saw right now. There is a tall guy right in front of him who he definitely didn't want to meet in his current state.
 
After realized he has been staring by other, Baekhyun started to walk away from the guy before a grab on his wrist made him stopped. He looked at his wrist and the guy back and forth. 
 
"Please we need to talk." The guy pleaded because he knew Baekhyun tried to run away from him.
 
Fear came into Baekhyun's mind as he remembered that Luhan still at the bakery. He afraid if the older found him, talking with his best friend's boyfriend; he will become curious about their relationship.
 
Baekhyun tried to lose himself from the guy's grip but miserably failed.
 
"Le-let me go, Kris. Luhan hyung will see us."
 
"Then why don't we have a talk on our ways back?"
 
"Kris, please."
 
"No."
 
As Kris started to pull Baekhyun's along with him, Sehun arrived at in front of the bakery. 
 
'When did Baekhyun hyung got close with Chanyeol hyung's boyfriend?' Sehun asked to himself.
 
The walk filled with awkward silent with Kris that still grabbing Baekhyun's arm. The silent broke when Kris phone ringing.
 
"Yes Tao?"
 
"Ge! Did you get me the cake?" Kris took a glance at Baekhyun, not wanting the latter to leave him.
 
"Yes, yes. I bought Chocolate Almond Mousse, alright." Kris can hear the other screaming as he has hit a jackpot.
 
"Thanks, ge." Before Kris could say anything the happy panda already hung up his phone, making Kris frown. 
 
"You know Tao?" Kris titled his head, feeling weird about Baekhyun’s question.
 
"Tao is my brother. Why?" Baekhyun's sudden laugh, making a small smile crept out from Kris lips.
 
"I think your brother tried to set up us to meet. Oh wait, he didn't even know me, right?" Kris gave him a small nod.
 
"I supposed to meet him after my shift but it seems like he sent you to meet me."Baekhyun stopped laughing when he realized Kris has been staring him. A slight blush appeared, embarassed with his sudden outburst.
 
"Baekhyun. About-"
 
"Stop. I don't ready to hear your explanation right now. Please." Kris tried to hold Baekhyun’s hand but the latter flinched and shook his head.
 
“Hyung, please. Not now.”
 
“But you need to know what happened to me 3 years ago. The reason I disappeared, why I didn’t contact you, you need to know everything, Baekhyun.”
 
Baekhyun covered both of his ears with his palm and ran away from the taller. Kris ran after him and grabbed both of Bekhyun’s hands away from his ears.
 
“My mother told me that she will approve our relationship if I went back to Canada. I’m willing to do anything for you, Baekhyun. As I arrived at home, she took my passport and she did everything to not let me have any contact you. I lived miserably for those years. I tried to contact you; Baek, but my mother threatens me. I didn’t have intention to leave you, Baekhyun. Trust me.”
 
“That’s it? Can you let me go now?” Baekhyun pasted his poker face and acted like he didn’t care at all but his heart start bleeding as he felt hurt a lot with all Kris explanations.
 
“Baekhyun, can’t you forgive me?” Kris pleaded; he almost broke into tears when he saw the shorter expressionless face.
 
“I can forgive you, Kris, but we can’t be like before.”
 
“Why?”
 
“Chanyeol. You have Chanyeol now and I don’t want he got hurt because of me.”
 
“I still love you-“ Kris words were interrupt by Baekhyun’s sudden yell.
 
“But I’m not. Don’t you ever hurt Chanyeol like you did to me!” Baekhyun yanked his hands form Kris grip and ran away far from Kris.