Chapter Eight: Just a Crush?

Double Life

Chapter Eight: Just a Crush?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Han Mi, Chang Hyun, and Min Soo were heading to the small bakery they went yesterday and they all sat down in the same spot. Chang Hyun stood up and ordered the same food as well.

Min Soo took a glance at Han Mi who was looking straight at the window, “isn’t the weather nice today?” She smiled as Min Soo nodded and looked at her, “um…Han Mi-ah?”

“Neh?” The girl replied as her innocent eyes looked at him making the older boy’s heart skip a beat.

“I’m back!~” Chang Hyun sing-song as he came back with the food, placing a blueberry muffin in front of her. He sat down on his seat and started eating like a little child again.

Han Mi giggled as she started eating. Min Soo sat there, slowly sighing. He looked at Han Mi who had a piece of blueberry muffin stuck at the end of her lip. He was about to wipe it but Chang Hyun quickly wiped it off with his napkin. Han Mi smiled as she giggled at him.

Min Soo was burning; his temper was going to boil. He missed so many chances of attempting some skin ship with her. He sighed and looked away from the two.

Chang Hyun noticed his older friend and blinked, “C.A.P. hyung, you alright?” Min Soo looked at him and nodded, looking out the window again.

Han Mi took a glance at Min Soo. She never saw him so—gloomy. He’s usually having this charisma aura but today seemed so weak. It was like the sun lost its rays. She bit her bottom lip and put her delicate hand on his broad shoulder. Min Soo slowly turned to her and stood up and he left the small bakery.

“Minsoo oppa…” “C.A.P. hyung…” The two others that were left behind whispered as they saw him walk. Han Mi stood up and looked at Chang Hyun, “I’ll be back…” She quickly left the bakery and saw Min Soo sitting down on the bench by the bus stop. She slowly walked towards him as she made quiet footsteps. It was more silent than her beating heart. The scared girl finally made it towards Min Soo and she sat down beside him, “w-what’s wrong lately? I mean…you’ve been a bit gloomy whenever you’re with us…”

Min Soo looked away from her and looked up at the sky, “I don’t know…something is wrong with me right now.”

“Like what?” Han Mi asked as she turned her body towards him to see his confused face.

Suddenly, the words that came out of Min Soo’s mouth were something that Han Mi never thought she’d hear from him. Her heart was beating faster as she felt a bit dizzy.

“Have you ever fallen in love?”

Min Soo looked at his crush/friend as he slightly let out a sigh and looked at the ground, “I guess you can’t answer that question because it’s personal right…?”

“Actually,” Han Mi bit her bottom lip and held her hands together tightly, the tip of her shoes touching each other, “I have no clue…I mean…that question is very hard to answer…” She had a huge crush on Min Soo for years ever since they met. She always wanted to be more than friends with Min Soo but never had the courage to confess it. It was like her chance of being with him was the same as dramatically dropping to an A to an F.

Flashback

“I will always just have a crush on him…we’ll never be nothing more,” Han Mi whispered as she jotted down her feelings in her journal. She tapped the pen against the journal and spaced out. She turned back to reality as she wrote down more of her feelings.

He never really liked spending time with girls except Sae Mi since he’s the bodyguard for other…other than that; he never really talks to any other girl except me…sort of. I really like him…he’s sweet, protective, and strong. He’s like a lion or something. No wait, dragon!

I just hope to someday be with him. As time passes, I never know who I will be with. I never know who will like me for me and I will never know what my future will be like.

But for now…my crush on Min Soo…might always be just a crush.

End

That was two years ago since Han Mi wrote that and she’d never forget what it said. She was full of anxiety as she always wanted to confess to him. Whenever she’d see him her heart beat fast, her cheeks would slightly burn, and her smile will turn wider.

She always tried giving a little sign of it but he seems to be vague about it. Han Mi looked at her feet as she tried not holding back those tears she wanted to come out. She was too full of mixed emotions right now. Her heart was yearning to shout I like you Min Soo but her mind was telling her to don’t do it, it might ruin your friendship.

Will you…just be my crush or something more? Please…please, please, tell me the answer.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

author's note;

okay, here's the double update~ hope you guys enjoyed this~ ^^;

Thank you everyone <3

|kiyoko is yawning;
|January 27, 2011; 9:24PM
|Beautiful Girls - SNSD [Feat. Yoo Young Jin]