Chapter Four: My Maid

Double Life

Chapter Four: My Maid

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Byung Hun’s Point of View

The next morning I quickly headed to school and sat down on top of my desk. I had one foot placed on the chair and I was looking through my phone. I suddenly heard a loud bang on the lockers and I stood up, slowly walking towards the door. There I saw Sae Mi pinned against the locker, her eyes full of fear as girls in high heels, miniskirts, and heavy makeup were surrounding her.

“You think you’re so popular, don’t you?” One girl smirked as she slightly pulled Sae Mi’s hair. The other girl chuckled and crossed her arms, “we rule the school and we have the right to be with Teen Top.”

Ha, I knew it would something like that. That’s the most stupid reason I have ever heard for bullying.

“I-I have no liking towards Teen Top…they’re just my friends, I promise,” Sae Mi’s voice was shaking as she bit her bottom lip. I tilted my head and smirked, going towards the group of girls.

“L.Joe!” Girls quickly squealed my name as I went through the girls, taking Sae Mi’s arm, “Excuse me, but I’ll be taking her.”

“Why?” A girl whined as she tugged on my arm, “we can show you around the school if you want. Who cares about the nerdy loner”

My eyes widened as I looked at Sae Mi where she had her head hung down, “She’s not a nerdy loner. You don’t even know her. Now excuse me, I’ll be leaving with her.” I tugged Sae Mi with me inside the classroom. I let go of her arm as she sighed and went towards her desk (not mines), “thanks…”

I smirked as I knew this was the right time to say it. “Sure—Yoo Sae Mi—daughter of Seo-Fie company.”

Sae Mi’s Point of View

“Thanks…” I whispered as I took out my things.

“Sure—Yoo Sae Mi—daughter of Seo-Fie company,” he replied. My head beamed towards him and I blinked, “how—‘’

“I know things,” Byung Hun whispered as he put one hand on my desk and another on my chair, “if you don’t want your identity to be blown then you’d have to follow whatever I say.”

My heart was racing as his face was inches in front of me. He had these mysterious brown eyes that seemed more like darkness, his face seemed so soft, and his lips looked soft. I felt my cheeks burn a little as I gulped, “w-what do you mean?”

“You’ll be my maid,” He smirked as he leaned closer. My head went back a little as he moved his head forward again. I let my back go back a little as he again went closer. I gulped and I really felt red. I felt my own going off the chair and I almost slipped off but felt a hand on my back. I looked back then front seeing Byung Hun holding onto me, “don’t fall for me, you hear?”
 

I nodded as I bit my bottom lip, looking at my desk.

“Whoaaa, what’s happening here?~” A voice sing-song as our heads snapped towards the door seeing Han Mi giggling as Yun Ha tried to keep hers in. The boys were standing behind them, their eyes widened.

“Yah! L.Joe, what are you doing to Sae Mi?!” Min Soo shouted as he headed towards up. I quickly stood up as I felt Byung Hun’s hand remove from my back, “Min Soo, it’s okay. He did nothing.”

“Better be,” Min Soo hissed as he glared at Byung Hun. “Sorry,” Byung Hun said as he went back to his desk.

“Hey, if you’re going to hit on my sister at least do it someplace else,” Chang Hyun said as he stuck his tongue out. Yun Ha and Han Mi went towards me as they patted my shoulder, “he’ll be your first boyfriend!”

“N-No!” I beamed as I shook my head and hands, “it’s not like that. I-I had something on my face and—‘”

“Yeah, she had nail polish in her face from those s,” Byung Hun smirked as his arms were crossed in a cool manner. Min Soo glared at me, “you told me they stopped…”

“I-uh,” I whispered as my eyes tracked to the floor and Min Soo turned my face to him, “don’t you be lying to me Yoo Sae Mi. Tell me, were they bullying you all along?” I closed my eyes and nodded as Min Soo let go of my face. I opened my eyes and watched him sit behind me. I turned around to him and saw his hand rubbing his temples.

Han Mi blinked and went towards Min Soo, rubbing his back, “it’s okay C.A.P. oppa, I mean—uhm…” I looked at Han Mi and smiled, “Min Soo, it’s okay. L.Joe saved me anyways.”

“L.Joe—saved—you?” Chan Hee whispered as he started laughing, “seriously?! Since when did he do a good deed?!” He laughed as he held onto his stomach. Yun Ha nodded and looked at me, “L.Joe never did good deeds back in middle school. The only one good deed he did was catching that kid who stole a teacher’s bag.”

“I only did that because I hated that kid!” Byung Hun growled as he looked out the window. He looked at me and stood up, “besides, Sae Mi is my maid, right?”

My eyes widened and I slowly nodded, “neh…”

“Why?!” Everyone shouted as you can clearly hear Min Soo’s voice over layer them. “Because—he’s going to blow our identity as Seo-Fie’s children,” I said as Chang Hyun blinked and sighed.

“You—‘” Min Soo started but Han Mi quickly held onto his arm, “don’t…you know L.Joe has become so popular the first minute he came here. If you hurt him, you’ll be the next victim of bullying.”

Min Soo took a deep breath and walked up towards Byung Hun, “I’ll let you do whatever you want but if you do anything that will hurt her mentally or physically I will not let you go.” Byung Hun nodded as he leaned back in his chair, “whatever.”

I don’t really have a good feeling about this, but I might as well see how this goes.

After class, Han Mi followed Min Soo as he was trying to calm down from this morning. As I looked outside I saw the girls surrounding him and Min Soo quickly left with Han Mi following. Chan Hee and Yun Ha were walking side by side, laughing over memories back in the middle school days. As for me…well…

“I’m hungry…” Byung Hun said as he stood up and grabbed my bag, opening it.

“Yah! Don’t look in there!” I squirmed as I grabbed my bag away. I have things boys should not see—if you know what I mean. I sighed and searched my backpack. All it had was my lunch.

I heard his stomach growl and I sighed grabbing out my lunch, “here…” He smiled and gladly took it away from me. He opened the top and set it down on my desk, quickly eating my lunch. Gosh, he’s such a pig.

“After school,” He started as he started eating rice, “I want you—‘” Chew, chew, swallow, “to clean my room.”

My eyes widened, “wait, I have to clean your room…so I have to go to your house?!”

He nodded as he smiled at me, putting my food down, “that’s exactly what I’m saying.” He sat down by his desk and looked out the window again.

“You know,” I started as I looked back him, “I liked the Byung Hun I saw yesterday after school. He didn’t have that stiff mean face.”

He looked at me again and took a deep breath. Those mysterious eyes seemed like they were on fire as he looked out the window again. I swear…there’s something about him that makes me want to know more about him.

End Sae Mi’s Point of View

▄▄▄▄▄

Third Person Point of View

After school, Min Soo and Chang Hyun went home first. It was quite difficult to let Sae Mi go away from his sight for a couple hours.

“Min Soo, stop worrying!” Sae Mi whined as she patted Min Soo’s shoulder, “I’ll be fine.”

“I don’t trust you with this thing!” He shouted as he glared at Byung Hun who was leaning against the brick wall by the gate, one foot propped up on the wall.

“Don’t worry, Yun Ha is coming over too and you know how her fighting skills are,” Sae Mi said with a smile as Min Soo puffed out air and sighed, “fine. But if he puts a slightest touch on you I will not let this go!”

She giggled as she nodded, “yeah yeah, I know. See you at home!” She waved.

Daniel and Jong Hyun decided to shoot some hoops before going back to their own home and probably roam around the neighborhood.

Han Mi had to go her separate way alone but soon Min Soo and Chang Hyun kept her company as they walked her home. If Min Soo had to protect someone else other than Sae Mi it had to be Han Mi.

As for the rest, Chan Hee, Yun Ha, Byung Hun, and Sae Mi started walking towards home. Their home was only a couple miles away and in half an hour they all arrived inside the house.

Yun Ha’s expression was plain normal while Sae Mi’s eyes widened, “why does this place seem familiar…”

Oh no…please don’t know…Byung Hun thought as they all entered the house. Chan Hee went into the kitchen and seen a note attached to the refrigerator. It read:

Dear Chan Hee and Byung Hun,

Umma and appa are at a convention right now and the maids and butlers are taking a day off. Please don’t mess up the house…I’m begging you.

Hugs and kisses,

Umma

Chan Hee chuckled as he always admired his mother for having this kind of writing. It was bubbly and cute like she’s talking like a little girl. He grabbed four water bottles and headed back to the other three, “umma and appa are at a convention right now so they won’t be here.”

Yes…Byung Hun shouted in his mind as he headed upstairs, “don’t go in my room yet,” he advised Sae Mi as she nodded and sat down on the couch.

“So Yun Ha,” Chan Hee started as he sat down on the couch across from Sae Mi, “how was fitting into a new school?”

Yun Ha sat beside Sae Mi and smiled, “it’s been good. Sae Mi and Han Mi are super nice. At first I thought they were sisters because their names are so similar but other than that, it’s been a good transfer of schools.”

While the two were conversing, Byung Hun was in his room.

“Darn…those maids,” He growled as he stood there in his super-duper clean room that was once messy. There would be clothes layering over the floor that you couldn’t even see it. His bed would be dusty underneath and on top of the bed would be his wrinkled covers, dirty pillow, and old magazines. On his desk would be piles of papers, unused things beside his desk. There would be books that surround the desk and old food. On the windows would be dust and you couldn’t even see anything.

Now his covers were new, his clothes were placed nicely in the closet, his books and magazines were in a new rack, the desk was organized and shiny, his bed was clean with new sheets and the underneath of the bed was completely clean, and the window was glossy that the sun was completely shining through it.

“How the heck am I going to mess all of this?!”

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

author's note;

haha, I lied~ I decided to update today xD I couldn't help but post this chapter xD but I'm serious now, this weekend I might not be able to update. I have to work on a science research paper with one of my group members and have Key Club Convention practice >_< I hope my practice is not on a Saturday D: haha

hope you enjoyed this chapter ^^

|kiyoko finished eating baked manju. Yum ^^
|January 19, 2011 ; 8:25PM
|Last Gift - SHINee

&& let's hope Kara will still be five! Hwaiting !!