Chapter Eleven: Company Party [Part 1]

Double Life

Chapter Eleven: Company Party [Part 1]

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

That night, Sae Mi was getting ready for a company party. She put on her nice sky blue dress and sighed as she looked at herself in the mirror, “I hate dresses…”

Min Soo came inside and laughed at Sae Mi, “someone is wearing a dress!” Sae Mi smirked and looked at him right back, “well you’re the one wearing a tuxedo.”

“And? I like tuxedoes,” Min Soo smiled as he gripped on the tuxedo and brought it side to side.

“Anyways,” Sae Mi said as she went out seeing Chang Hyun in a tuxedo too, “aww, dongsaeng looks so cute!” She went towards him and pinched his cheeks.

“Noona!” Chang Hyun pouted as his cheeks started turning pink, “it hurts!” Sae Mi released his cheeks and patted his head, “so many girls will confess to you on Valentine’s day!”

“And I hate it!” Chang Hyun whined as he sighed, “so many girls go up to us and gives us loads of chocolate even though it’s not Valentine’s Day. I just want one girl…that’s all!”

Sae Mi smiled and looked down, “you’ll find her soon…”

“Like how you found L.Joe?” He asked with his huge innocent eyes. Sae Mi quickly blushed and covered her face, “yah, Ricky…don’t say that…”

“Children, time to leave!” Sae Mi’s shouted from downstairs as the three of them went downstairs.

▄▄▄▄▄

At the company party in a ballroom in a hotel, all the VIPs from each company had to come including Han Mi’s family as well! Sae Mi and Han Mi quickly stayed together like peanut butter and jelly. Everyone thought they were sisters as always but the party was pretty nice for them.

Min Soo, Chang Hyun, Daniel, and Jong Hyun were sitting down on their table and watched people pass by. “So, when are you going to confess to Han Mi noona, Min Soo hyung?” Chang Hyun asked as Min Soo’s heart felt lighter since Chang Hyun wouldn’t go in the way of taking Han Mi away.

“I don’t know…Valentine’s day,” He smiled as the others nodded as Daniel looked away, shifting his eyes to Han Mi.

“Uwah, that would be so nice!” Chang Hyun squirmed as he nodded, “Han Mi would be glad to accept you!”

-

While the boys were talking, Han Mi and Sae Mi were sitting down on their own table, laughing over the days. To Sae Mi, it seemed like Han Mi was a bit out of the weather. “Hey, Han Mi-ah~ something wrong?”

“Huh? What are you talking about? Of course I’m fine!” Han Mi smiled, but her smile wasn’t as big enough. Sae Mi shook her head and poked her cheek, “something is wrong…tell me.”

“Tonight I—‘” Han Mi started but a voice was heard over the speakers. “Everyone let us now have our announcements for tonight!” the MC smiled happily as he looked at his cue cards.

He cleared his throat and smiled, “today we have some good news for the Seo-Fie company. More sponsors are willing to cooperate with the company…” The MC kept talking as Han Mi looked down at her hands that were resting on her lap. She was nervous and didn’t want this to happen at all.

The MC looked at his card again and his eyes widen, “well this is something I never thought I would read. Mr. and Ms. Min, please come up for your announcement.”

Han Mi’s parents went up and Mr. Min talked into the microphone, “good evening everyone. Today, my wife and I would like to announce something on behalf of Minty Company and Seo-Fie Company. Our daughter, Min Han Mi and the nephew of Mr. Yoo of Seo-Fie Company, Daniel Ahn, will be having an arranged marriage. This has been announced to both of them before in the afternoon and we have decided for the two companies to merge. Daniel will be taking place as a president of the sub-company which will be named later that controls selling instruments from the best brands from all over the world. We hope you all look forward to their marriage in the future.”

Everyone’s eyes widened as Sae Mi looked at Han Mi who looked like she was going to break out in a few moments. Sae Mi bit her lip and glanced over at the boys’ table seeing Min Soo’s eyes wanting to come out of its sockets.

Min Soo quickly stood up and looked at Daniel whose head was down in shame. Daniel’s eyes were closed tight. He didn’t want to accept this marriage as he knew Han Mi and Min Soo liked—no correct that—loved each other.

-

“Son, you will be marrying Min Han Mi,” Mr. Ahn firmly announced as his mother was smiling in glee.

Daniel, who was sitting on the couch across from his parents, did not like this idea at all. He stood up and shook his head, “Dad, mom, I will not accept this relationship! Han Mi likes C.A.P. hyung and he likes Han Mi back! I can’t do this!”

Mr. Ahn shook his head and looked up at him, “This is company business son. You have to obey this. But a good thing is that you will be the president of a sub-company that will sell brand name instruments. You love music and will be a good opportunity.”

“But I don’t want it like this! I’ll be fine taking care of the company myself…or I can have Chang Jo help me!” Daniel protested but his father quickly stood up and towered him, “don’t you dare talk back to me Daniel Ahn. This is for your own good.”

“Dad!”

“Niel, listen to your father,” His mother smiled as she stood up and hugged him, “you’ll finally be married!”

“I’m only a junior mom…” Daniel muttered as his mother hugged him tightly, “after your senior year, you’ll start a family with Han Mi. It’ll be wonderful!”

Hyung…I’m sorry…

-

“Dad…Mom…you can’t!” Han Mi shouted as she shook her head furiously. Her anger was flowing to the top of her head.

“Sorry dear, but if this sub-company wants a lot of attention we need you two to get married,” Ms. Min whispered.

“I don’t care!” Han Mi shouted back as she was standing up in the living room, her eyes starting to water in disappointment, “I like C.A.P. oppa!”

“We don’t care,” Mr. Min harshly replied as Han Mi was about to break in tears.

­-

Oppa…Please don’t hate me…I really like you Min Soo…I really do. I don’t want to give up. Han Mi thought as she looked at Min Soo. His breathing was hard that you can see his chest breathing in and out.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

author's note;

ta-da! Here's the next chapter! Something all of you didn't see coming right?~ hope you enjoyed this^^; hehe

|kiyoko writing next chapter
|February 8, 2011; 7:14PM
|My Only Girl - Super Junior