Chapter Twelve: Company Party [Part 2]

Double Life

Chapter Twelve: Company Party [Part 2]

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Recap:

Mr. Min talked into the microphone, “good evening everyone. Today, my wife and I would like to announce something on behalf of Minty Company and Seo-Fie Company. Our daughter, Min Han Mi and the nephew of Mr. Yoo of Seo-Fie Company, Daniel Ahn, will be having an arranged marriage. This has been announced to both of them before in the afternoon and we have decided for the two companies to merge. Daniel will be taking place as a president of the sub-company which will be named later that controls selling instruments from the best brands from all over the world. We hope you all look forward to their marriage in the future.”

Everyone’s eyes widened as Sae Mi looked at Han Mi who looked like she was going to break out in a few moments. Sae Mi bit her lip and glanced over at the boys’ table seeing Min Soo’s eyes wanting to come out of its sockets.

Min Soo quickly stood up and looked at Daniel whose head was down in shame. Daniel’s eyes were closed tight. He didn’t want to accept this marriage as he knew Han Mi and Min Soo liked—no correct that—loved each other.

Oppa…Please don’t hate me…I really like you Min Soo…I really do. I don’t want to give up. Han Mi thought as she looked at Min Soo. His breathing was hard that you can see his chest breathing in and out.

End;

“Yah! Daniel Ahn!” Min Soo shouted as everyone’s attention was turned towards them.

Daniel looked down and shook his head, “Hyung…I never wanted to do this…”

Min Soo was filled with anger, confusion, and heartbreak. He took a deep breath and quickly sat down as people continued their chatting and eating.

“Han Mi,” Sae Mi whispered as she put her hand on her shoulder, “are you…okay?”

“Of course not…” Han Mi whispered as she crossed her arms on the table and rested her head on it, “I really wanted to be with C.A.P…but I’m stuck with Niel. It’s not that I don’t like him or anything…but…I’ve liked C.A.P. for years…and…” You can hear her muffle her tears.

Sae Mi sighed and looked at Mr. and Ms. Min who was mingling with other guests. She looked down and patted Han Mi’s back, “it’ll be alright…just…calm down. I’ll try fix things. And who knows, it doesn’t matter that you and Daniel will get married soon because I’m sure Min Soo will do something about this.”

Han Mi sat up and slightly smiled, “thanks Sae Mi-ah…” She sniffled and looked towards Daniel, seeing his head hung down. Her eyes suddenly shifted towards the entrance and her eyes completely widened. Sae Mi’s head tilted and she looked at the entrance. dropped as she shook her head, closed her eyes, and looked again. She couldn’t believe it.

“No…way,” Han Mi and Sae Mi said at the same time as they saw Chan Hee, Byung Hun, and Yun Ha. Byung Hun looked around and smirked, finally seeing his target. “There she is…” Byung Hun whispered to himself.

Chan Hee looked at Byung Hun and shook his head, “guess he looked what he was looking for…” He was standing behind Yun Ha and held his arm around, “shall we go to the boys?”

Yun Ha smiled and took his arm, “neh, we should!” The couple walked to where Min Soo and the others were and they were all pretty shocked why Chan Hee was there. 

“Chun Ji?” Jong Hyun whispered as he tilted his head at his older friend, “why are you here?”

“My parents work for Seo-Fie company~” Chan Hee replied as he bowed, “Sorry I kept this from you guys…I didn’t really like saying who I really was either.”

All the boys blinked at him once more. “Really? What do they work for?” Chang Hyun asked.

“My dad is your dad’s best friend and he takes cares of sales. My mom is best friends with your mom and they usually hang out with each other. My mom also helps design,” Chan Hee replied with a smile.

“Wow, this really is a small world,” Chang Hyun whispered as he smiled, “let’s be very close friends!”

-

Byung Hun passed the group of boys and Yun Ha and crept behind Sae Mi without her seeing him. He put his hands on top of her eyes. He looked at Han Mi and gave her a signal to be quiet. Sae Mi gulped and bit her bottom lip, “Ricky?”

Byung Hun laughed and brought her head towards him, “hello~”

“You!” Sae Mi shouted as she twitched, “what are you doing here? Only people from the company can come!”

“Well, I am from the company,” Byung Hun smirked as looked at Sae Mi whose face was full of confusion. “My parents work at your company.”

“What?” Sae Mi whispered as she looked at her right seeing her parents talking to Byung Hun’s parents. She suddenly remembered the couple, “Mr. and Ms. Lee?”

Byung Hun smiled and sat beside her, “bingo.” Sae Mi blinked and looked at him, “why haven’t I seen you?”

“Because we weren’t party people type before. Now, I’ll be going now,” Byung Hun smiled as he saw a waiter passing by with fruits. He grabbed a plate and took a bite out of a slice of apple.

Han Mi sighed and stood up, “I’m going to the bathroom.”

“Wait, let me come,” Sae Mi whispered as she was worried about her friend.

“I need time for myself…I’ll see you later,” Han Mi replied as she started walking away. Byung Hun’s head tilted, “isn’t she usually cheerful and full of smiles?”

Sae Mi looked down and stole a slice of apple from Byung Hun’s plate, “She’s getting married to Niel…”

“No way,” Byung Hun said, flabbergasted, “doesn’t she like C.A.P.?”

She nodded and looked at Min Soo who was leaning back in his chair, his arms crossed with a questionable look on his face, “It’s an arranged marriage…Niel didn’t want to do this either…”

Byung Hun looked at Daniel and C.A.P. and shook his head, “well, they have to understand this…this is the business world…”

Sae Mi glared at Byung Hun and stood up, “so you’re saying they should go with it?”

“Sae Mi…” he whispered as Sae Mi’s eyes started to water, “you have no clue how much C.A.P. and Han Mi likes each other. If I was Han Mi I would rebel against my parents no matter what. If not, I would run away with C.A.P. You have no clue how it feels like to be in love Lee Byung Hun.” Sae Mi grabbed her small handbag and moved towards the boys’ table, sitting down, her back facing Byung Hun.

He sat there, a blank expression, “I…I do know how it feels to be in love…”

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

author's note;

hope you liked this chapter!^^; Valentine's Day is coming soon~ My Valentine's Day chapter for this story might come out a bit late. But anyways, I'm gonna make a reminder that I won't be updating on Friday-Sunday again for Key Club Convention. Uwah, I hope we do good on our talent show part xD

Well, hope you enjoyed this chapter!~

|kiyoko waving byebye
|February 12, 2011 ; 11:15AM
|Rocketeer - Far East Movement; Been stuck on it since playing Tap Tap xD