Chapter Nineteen; Living the Double Life

Double Life

Chapter Nineteen; Living the Double Life

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Byung Hun was tapping his pencil against the desk as he had his free hand clutching on his head. How can I not get this?! He thought as he let out a heavy sigh as he tapped his pencil faster on the desk which was placed on the right side of the door and his bed on the left side in the vertical way.

The door opened with Chan Hee standing there, “you have a visitor…” Sae Mi, who was behind Chan Hee, stepped to the side with black jean shorts, light blue tank top, and a white jacket,  and her bag slung around her shoulder. Chan Hee gave a smirk at Byung Hun and went away.

“Come in…” Byung Hun whispered as his heart was beating faster. Sae Mi nodded and closed the door behind her, standing there. She was nervous like standing in front of the class for a speech. Byung Hun was even more nervous as his mind started to get blank.

He looked at her and whispered, “so—where should we study? My desk isn’t big enough…” Sae Mi looked around and sat on the bed by the backboard, sitting in a criss-cross style, “do you mind?” He shook his head and picked up his things, sitting across from her.

“Okay, let’s study!” Sae Mi smiled as she clapped her hands together. She took out her books from her bag and started doing her homework.

Byung Hun started but soon grew confused and distracted. He looked at Sae Mi doing her homework like an angel. Her medium black hair was shining from the sunlight and her soft smile was going with it. He blushed as he looked back at his work, trying to concentrate more. Sadly, the more he looked away, the more he wanted to look at her.

His temper and his impatience were killing him. His blood was slowly going up to the boiling point. Sae Mi looked up and tilted her head, “L.Joe?”

Byung Hun closed his eyes shut and clenched his jaws. He put his pencil down and held onto his head, “aish…I can’t take it anymore…” He mumbled as he stood up and went towards the door. He paced back and forth from it to the bed. Sae Mi grew quite scared due to his different behavior. It made him seem like a maniac.

“Byung Hun—are you—‘” She started, but Byung Hun quickly cut in, “were you ever in love?”

Sae Mi’s eyes widened as her heart started beating quickly. She looked away and put down her pencil, gazing out the window where the birds were chirping and the sun was shining bright. She shook her head and touched the corners of her book. Byung Hun walked towards her and sat down on the edge of the bed, “how does it feel like living a double life?”

Sae Mi couldn’t believe how these weird questions are just popping out of his mouth. She sighed and leaned against the backboard of the bed, “it doesn’t feel like me…I’d rather be a regular person actually. Ricky and I both want that, but if we weren’t living like this, it would probably change everything. I personally don’t like living this double life as being the hidden daughter of the Seo-Fie Company but it’s growing on me…”

Byung Hun was about to open his mouth but Sae Mi quickly packed up and slung the bag over her shoulder, quickly heading for the door. Before she could open it Byung Hun quickly grabbed her wrist and turned her to him, “wait…don’t go…”

Sae Mi closed her eyes and whispered, “stop…please…” Her voice started getting louder, “please…stop!”

“Stop what?” Byung Hun murmured as Sae Mi’s eyes closed tighter, “stop confusing me!”

“With what?” He asked with his grip tighter on her wrist. “Stop confusing me with your personality!” She shouted as she looked away, “you have two sides. One is a mean, cold side, and the other is a calm, nice side. I have no clue which one it is! You’re confusing me each and every time that it’s killing me! I want to know the real Lee Byung Hun than the L.Joe!”

Byung Hun blinked and blushed. No one has ever wanted to see his real self except Chan Hee, who already knows his real side. He looked away and whispered, “the reason why I’m like that is because it’s a reputation thing for school…ever since middle school it was like that. I was really nice and a lot of girls started liking me. I hated it…so I changed my whole personality the next year. Sadly—even more girls liked me. But if I kept being cold, I thought maybe somehow girls would stop. I really regret that I changed…”

Sae Mi opened her eyes as she sort of understood as it’s somehow similar even though it’s not personality wise, but social status wise. Byung Hun looked up at her, “we can learn more about our real selves throughout our time together.”

“But—L.Joe,” She whispered as Byung Hun shook his head and hung his head down, “if you want to live a double life…at least spend it with someone who has one too…” Sae Mi looked at him and bit her lip. “Please Sae Mi—‘” He kneeled down as he held onto her hand, “please spend your rest of your life with me…I know it wasn’t a year since we know each other but…” Sae Mi cut him off by placing her free hand on his shoulder, “okay…I will…”

Byung Hun looked up as his eyes were full of sincerity. Sae Mi smiled and nodded, “just promise me this…” She stuck her pinky out, “that we’ll always show our real side to each other no matter what.” Byung Hun nodded and entwined his pinky with hers, “I promise…”

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

author's note;

hey guys^^; hope you liked this chapter~ I somehow feel like this story will have a sequel, like the college life xD And I'm sorry I didn't update D: Homework was packed on us since we came back from spring break D: grrrr. I don't know when I'll next update though D:

So, let me ask you readers:

Should I do a sequel? Yes or No Say it in the comment box^^;

|kiyoko waving byebye
|March 26. 2011; 5:14PM
|Going to bake brownies for tomorrow's Tri-High Picnic for Japanese Club ^_^v yosh~