Ch. 13

♔∂єѕтιиу♔ : SM Girl Group

Chapter 13 :

Pretended to be what?

Jinny was the first person to get out of DestinY's car, but was the last one outside. Everyone was already with their partners, and Nana unnie was arranging another meeting for DestinY. Bored, Jinny went inside to get a drink from the vending machine, but saw someone, no, two people in fact : Onew and Luna. 

Luna may seem cheerful and kind, but everyone else knows that she's super evil and a snob. Everyone except boys, that is. Luna was twirling her hair, sitting on a wooden seat adjusting her mini skirt higher. Onew looked away, blushing red and cleared his throat. Luna pretended to act innocent and applyed her pink lipstick, winking at him. 

Onew grinned and recommended,"Let's go get a drink," Jinny quickly fixed her hair and clothes, then realized she was wearing sweats. She silently groaned, but when she saw her all time crush, she pretended to concentrate on the machine. 

"Oh, hi, Jinny!" Onew's cheerful voice chirped. Jinny spun around and saw Luna glaring at her. Jinny backed up a little, but stepped forward. "Annyeonghaeseyo, Onew oppa and Luna unnie!" 

Luna criticizied her,"Your clothes are really ugly, Jinny ah," Jinny flinched, but Onew added,"Luna, we're practicing for the concert. We aren't in a fashion show, and it's really mean to insult her clothes." 

Jinny tried not to smile, and Luna lied and putted her arm around Jinny's shoulder,"I was just kidding of course! We're the best of friends, right Linny?" 

Jinny rolled her eyes and corrected her,"It's Jinny." as she pushed Luna's arm away. Onew smirked then took out his wallet. "You girls want anything?" Jinny shook her head and took out her wallet. When she opened it, she started,"It's okay, I have my -" 

She realized she was broke, no money, no coins. Onew saw and smiled warmly. "It's okay. I'll pay for you." Before Jinny could object, Onew popped in the change in the money slot and a bag of Lay chips and a Coca Cola bottle fell down. 

"I hope you like chips and soda. Here you go," he handed her the food, and Jinny thanked him. Just then Luna barged in. "Oppa~ I have no money either. Can you buy something for me?" she whined. Onew, being the nice person he was, he agreed. 

"What do you want, Luna?" 

"Eh... you decide! I'll eat whatever you pick," she batted her eyelashes. Jinny gagged in the background, making Onew stifle a laugh. When Luna turned around to see what was happening, Jinny just looked in the opposite direction. 

"Arraso," Onew pressed some buttons and when he handed Luna the food, Luna's eyes widen. It was barbeque chips. 

"Um, oppa... I'm allergic to barbeque." she looked down. Onew gulped and apologized. "Mian.. I didn't know. I don't have anymore change though..." 

"It's okay, oppa, you can have it," she smiled and handed the chips to Onew. Onew shook his head. "Not a fan. Why don't you eat it, Jinny ah?" he handed it in her hands. 

Jinny accepted it. 

Onew exclaimed,"I'm glad you're here, Jinny. Without you, what could we've down with the chips?" 

Luna scoffed,"You could've just eaten it, oppa." Just then someone pulled Jinny into a hug. Jinny shut her eyes and looked up slowly. She saw the face of Byun Baekhyun. Onew's fist tightened and he released it. 

"Annyeong, Baekhyun ah," Onew gritted his teeth. Luna was the only one who noticed Onew's change when Baekhyun appeared. Baekhyun didn't see anything, just waved and bowed. Baekhyun looked at Jinny who was looking down at the floor. 

He suddenly pulled her in a hug and whispered only that she could hear. "Play along, Jinny ah. Please," He could feel Jinny's slow nod in his shoulder. Baekhyun looked up and saw Onew then quickly understood. 

"Onew sunbae, this is my girlfriend, Jinny," Baekhyun smiled smugly. 

"Uh..Ne,"Jinny grinned, unsure of what was happening. Baekhyun grabbed her waist and pulled them closer together. Luna clapped her hands together. "Ooh! You guys are cute together! We should go double date this Saturday. Wanna come, oppa?" Luna looked at Onew and blinked "innocently." 

Onew took a quick glance at Jinny then muttered,"Fine," 

Then Baekhyun looked at his watch. "Mianhae..it's time for our practice, Jagiya!" He ruffled Jinny's hair. Jinny pretended to laugh and giggled,"Ne, yeobo oppa!" 

When they were clear from everyone's sight, Jinny kicked Baekhyun in the stomach. 

"Ouch!" he screamed. 

Jinny crossed her arms. "Girlfriend? Jagiya?" she shouted, over the next door's loud music. Baekhyun explained,"I'm hear to find evidence," he started. 

But then Jinny interrupted him. "Of what?" 

"Aigoo, silly, of him liking y-" he paused and smirked. 

"Of him liking Luna," 

Jinny's shoulders drooped and bit her lip. 

(Bingo, thought Baekhyun. I've got the information now.)