Questions , Answers and Bets

Does true love exist for me?
The boys had showed up just before lunch to eat some more. Nothing more important than food, right? That seemed like something Dong Hee would say, wouldn’t he? I was still angry at the boys. I’m really sure that I’ve failed my history test and I really blame them for it. If I had been home yesterday evening to study for my test and then still failed it, I would only be able to blame myself. But this wasn’t the case.
 
The first few minutes of lunch I tried to just ignore them. All because I didn't want to not let my anger escalate like this morning. However it wasn’t that easy to do as they were as nosy as ever. Well most of them. Donghae was really quiet, just like Sungmin, Siwon and Kyuhyun. I put my cutlery down on my plate, which made a loud noise, as I’m not the person to stay quiet and I couldn’t stand their behavior. My eyes shot daggers at them. “Okay, who came up with the stupid idea to lock us up in a classroom when it’s getting winter and I had to learn? Because I seriously need to strangle someone.”
 
Jungsoo gulped to my pleasure and the others kept their mouth shut, except for one person. One boy who didn’t seem to get the concept of not pissing me off even more. “To me it seemed really warm and cozy in that room,” Heechul mocked, but he didn’t stop with that: “So I don’t get your problem.” He was really lucky that he wasn’t seated within my reach. All I could give him was an evil stare. Not that he seemed scared of me. That idiot. If he knew how much TaeKwonDo-techniques I had learned from Min Jee, he wouldn’t have that cocky smile on his face.
 
Min Jee had been ignoring Heechul and just answered my question: “It was Jungsoo who came up with the plan,” she told me while she was just picking at her food, as usual. She looked up for a second to see me looking at her if she was serious. “Although that’s what Youngwoon told me.” She smiled at me. I turned my head towards the culprit, not interested in when my best friend became such a good friends with Youngwoon. There was something bigger on my mind: revenge.
 
Jungsoo seemed to be really scared, not used to see me this way. I wondered how my eyes looked, but they probably were filled with the murderous intend that I was feeling. “Please spare me! You already nearly killed me!” This made me smile, an evil smile of course. Ohh, what did I like this power. Min Jee petted my back. “Yoon Hee-ah, just calm down. You don’t want to have a murder on your conscience.” I growled, but calmed down a little bit.
 
“Why are you so angry because of a little prank?” Youngwoon asked me. He probably was the only one that dared to ask as he wasn’t there with the rest or at least not to my knowledge. I sighed and explained them that had to learn for a test but because of them I would have to disappoint my parents again. The boys looked a bit guilty. I didn’t notice that there was this one boy who couldn’t help but smile. He was happy that the fact that I was locked up together with him, wasn’t the reason for my anger.
 
The boys were quietly over thinking their sins. It was Min Jee who broke the silence. She had stopped playing with her food to do so. “One question though. How did you guys know that they wouldn’t use their phones?” Wow, I hadn’t even thought of asking them that. It already had slipped my mind, although it was one of things that frustrated us yesterday.  “Oh, we took Donghae’s one and Hyuk Jae heard Yoon Hee tell you that her battery was dead,” Ryeowook simply told her. It was more than enough answer for Min Jee as she just nodded and started eating again.
 
“Btw. I still want mine back,” Donghae stated. From his voice you could hear that he was not happy with the fact that they had taken his phone. Was there something on it that he didn’t want others to see? They all looked to Heechul, expecting him to say something. “Yeah, that will have to wait a week.” The person in question smirked. “Why should I wait a week to get my mobile phone back?”  Donghae started to get angry. A side I hadn’t seen of him before.
 
“Because I went over my contract limit and you don’t use your phone that often.” He still had that smirk on his face. “Not again?! How do you do that every month?” Eunhyuk, Sungmin and Jungsoo yelled in unison. Heechul had also used slash stolen the phones of the others, so they could feel Donghae’s pain. “Well, I can’t help it that my best friend lives in China.” He just shrugged, but this one sentence didn’t make situation any better. “So what are we then?” Siwon exclaimed. “Not his best friends,” Min Jee marked. She was the only one that found the situation amusing.
 
The commotion that followed was the perfect moment for me to sneak away. I wasn’t in the mood for their stupidity and I was still mad at them.
 
=====
 
After a while the commotion quieted down and they had gotten Heechul to promise to give Donghae his phone back this week. Donghae didn’t have a lot of faith in that happening and also sneaked out, going on a search for this one girl. Which he couldn’t find until the bell rang much later.
 
Only after the quarrel they had noticed that the two disappeared. It made Ryeowook think about Yoon Hee’s behavior of that day. “Wow, how could you turn that girl into someone so evil?” he wondered, not noticing that he said it out loud. Therefore it did shock him a bit that Min Jee answered him. Well, he was not the only one looking surprised as the girl doesn’t often talks to them.
 
“Believe it or not; she was already like this when I first met her.” She smiled remembering what happened on one of their first schooldays together back in elementary school. A boy in their class had broken one of her pencils, the one she treasured with cute giraffes on it. Yoon Hee had become really angry and twisted the boys arm on his back while giving a lecture on how it was very wrong of him to break someone else’s stuff. You could definitely say that her best friend has a sense of justice. When someone violated the rules of living as a person in her eyes, the dark Yoon Hee would find its way up. This was part of the long list why she liked the girl so much.
 
In the time that Min Jee was busy with remembering her childhood memories, Jungsoo asks Youngwoon that one question that had been on his mind the whole day already. “Hey, how did you manage to keep Min Jee away from saving the two?” He had expected Min Jee back in no time yesterday evening. The rest were also really interested in their friends answer, but just shrugged like it was nothing. “I just told her the story and she understood.”
 
“No way!” they exclaimed. “She just understood?!” They didn’t believe their friend as in their head she should at least had been tied down to keep her from storming back in. Youngwoon however just nodded.
 
Only Sungmin did actually believe him. He had observed the girl’s behavior today and had found her to be very calm. Almost as if she didn’t know anything of what happened yesterday and there was no way to him that she had forgotten it. She had been too calm for that when her best friend was so worked up. So she had to be okay with it.
 
=====
 
After the little progress of the night before in their ‘operation YoonHae’, the boys were wondering what to do next. However not one of them could come up with a good plan. The already had used their biggest idea and that hadn’t worked out as well as they had hoped, but they had been able to see that the two both liked each other. This was also certified by Youngwoon as Min Jee had told him that.
 
“Why don’t let them figure it out themselves?” Siwon asked. “Yeah, if they really like each other, they will be able work it out, right?” Dong Hee snorted: “Humm.. And who do you except to make the first move?” He got some support. “Donghae should. As a real man.” Eunhyuk commented and next to him sat a nodding Jungsoo. “Like that would happen! He is too shy!” This statement of Dong Hee provoked a lot of reactions: “Indeed!” “Yoon Hee will definitely make the first real move.” “No way!” “Yeah, way!” “He is part of my family, so of course he is manly.” If it wasn’t for Heechul, they would have gone on and on like this for another few hours.
 
“Let bet!” Heechul yelled and all boys looked at him. He saw a really fun game in this with some profit on his side. This was the start of the many bets that the boys made. Like who would confess first and how long it would take for that to happen. If they would kiss on that same day or also how long it would take for that to happen and who initiated it and so on.
 
Heechul and Jungsoo both had placed their bet on Donghae confessing in the coming seven days. They surely didn’t want to lose and went on their search for Donghae the make sure that they would win. They found the boy in the hallway waving at Yoon Hee as she was going home.
 
“You were the one we were searching. Come on, we need to talk.” They dragged him with them to a sitting place with some privacy. “So tell us. You love Yoon Hee, right?” Jungsoo started off. His cousin nodded in response. “Well, take some action then. And then I don’t mean something like that coward kiss yesterday night,” Heechul scoffed. This made Donghae blush and he hung his head down. He had hoped that they hadn’t seen that as it was a little special moment, but like always things didn’t always go his way.
 
“Well, to all of us its quiet obvious that you love her, but I don’t think that she has figured that out, yet. She seems a bit oblivious.” Donghae colored even redder. “But, hyung. I don’t think that she sees me more than a friend. She didn’t seem to like it to be locked up with me…” Jungsoo touched his neck as if he still felt those hands around it. Heechul did his best not to laugh at his friend. “You just like us that you weren’t the reason why she was angry at us. With you she seemed totally fine.” “But..” Donghae stammered, but he couldn’t finish.
 
“Ohh, come on! Don’t come up with excuses!” Jungsoo said annoyed: “Just take some action. I don’t want to lose the bet. And she does love you too.” This made Donghae look up. The only thing he heard was the last part. “She likes me back?” Heechul grinned. “Yeah, we got it confirmed by Min Jee so it should be true.” Donghae bit his lip in reaction, trying to hold back the big smile. This made him feel really warm and happy inside, but he still had some doubt and ask for conformation again which he got.
 
His cousin put his hand on the boys shoulder as a sign that they really meant. “So now it should be less scary, right. You know that she won’t reject you.” The boy started to wonder how tell her. Something he had been thinking of the last few days, but he had been indeed too scared for a rejection. He spoke out one of his thoughts: “But what is a good timing to tell her?” This got a fierce reaction: “Don’t plan! That won’t work out as you want it to. So just tell her and get over with it. The sooner, the better.” “Yeah, just tell her his week.” Heechul added out of his own interest in this matter.
 
Donghae just nodded while thinking of it. Would he be able to ask her this week?
 
=====
 
Youngwoon hadn’t really taken place in the bets as he had something more important in his mind: his questions for Min Jee. When his classes finished it was finally the time to meet her. Hopefully he could get some answers and could try to help her. He was really nervous as he didn’t know what to expect as her reaction.
 
They met up in the school garden and sat down at a bench. “What did you want the ask me?” Min Jee asked. The boy had been thinking the whole day how the formulated his words without probably getting her mad. “Can I ask you some questions about your father?” Min Jee hesitated for a bit, but then decided to nod. After all, she already told him a lot yesterday.
 
Youngwoon was happy with the answer and decided to straightly ask his first and most important question. “Have you seen your father since the divorce?” Somehow she had expected this question, but she still took some time before answering: “Only on a few occasions, but I hate him for making my mother cry.” Youngwoon already had already seen this kind of answer coming, but still continued with his questions. “Hasn’t he tried to make contact with you?” She nodded. “He did and I mostly saw him at birthdays from his side of the family the first years after the divorce, but after I got older, I didn’t want to go anymore.”
 
It took quite some time before Youngwoon got his courage to propose the following. After all this was a really sensitive topic for the girl. “Maybe you should go talk to your father and listen to his side of the story. He’s your father after all.” Min Jee bit her lip. “That’s what Yoon Hee has told me a lot of times, until I asked her to stop doing that.” “But still….” Youngwoon didn’t know what to say anymore. If Yoon Hee couldn’t get her to change her mind, what kind of influence could he have? “Yeah maybe I should. I shall think about it,” she sighed.
 
 

~~~~~~

So it's obvious that I don't write chapters really quickly,,, My study takes a lot of time and I suffered from a writing block again. -.-"
But anyway, I finally got it finished. I hope you liked it.
I will try to finish the next chapter in a month time, but I can't promiss anything, because my school begins again, next week.