A quiet lunch..?

Does true love exist for me?
 
It’s been a few weeks since I hugged Donghae in my enthusiasm. We got a lot closer, but I haven’t made the next step yet. I haven’t asked him if he likes me the same way as I like him. Wait! ‘Like’ is not the right word. ‘Love’ is. Anyway, I haven’t asked him, because I’m scared. What if he doesn’t love me too? He is my first crush that I’ve liked more than a month and I have still not found a bad point about him. Min Jee hasn’t either. He is like perfect and I don’t want to ruin the good friendship we have now.
 
Anyway, ever since I got closer with Donghae, Min Jee and I hang out with the Super Jerks. Getting to know them better, it seems that I’m really prejudged. They are actually quite nice and easy to be around. They are all like super dorks, which is fun to watch. But when needed they can be really serious. However I haven’t seen that last side of them really often and this time it’s no difference.
 
We were having lunch and like the last few weeks SJ is seated at our table. Min Jee always tried to avoid them when they asked us come sit with them, so after a few times they stopped asking and came to sit at our table. At first she will pretend to dislike it, but in the end she doesn’t. She even smiles when she sees their foolishness, that man-hater. She seems to be warming up to the boys. She now even talks with them. It’s a miracle, haha.
 
Min Jee was seated in front of me and Donghae was next to her, to my disappointment. But next to me there wasn’t a place left when he arrived. I was locked up between Ryeowook and Heechul. It’s been like this for a week now. They keep me from sitting next to Donghae, as if it’s planned. Most likely it is. Yesterday it was Hyuk Jae and Dong Hee, which was actually quite fun. Those two are really humoristic and Hyuk Jae’s gummy smile is adorable, but not as adorable as Donghae’s shy smile.
 
The other members of SJ are seated around us. Always at another seat. The only one who is always seating at the same place at the end of the table, as far away from me as possible is Kyuhyun. Since that one time when he seemed to be hitting on me, he kept away from me. I suspect it to be Min Jee’s doing, but whenever I asked her about it, she denied it. However, I know her longer than today. Not that I did mind it. It’s nice to see him being so quiet.
 
However this lunch wouldn’t be a quite one, again. “Wookie! Give me back my spoon! I can’t eat my soup without it!” Okay, I yelled a bit too loud. I’m getting some weird stares now. Not that I really care. “Say the magic word.” Ryeowook was playfully smiling to me. I wanted to eat, so I just did as he said. “Please. Now give it back.” Just as I could have expected, there is no way he would give it to me.  All I got  is an evil smile. Yeah, Kyuhyun was not the only one who was good at that. “Oops, dropped on the floor,” he said as the spoon fell on the floor in a way that only could be described as on purpose. “You evil thing!” He just smiled like an angel. This person really has a split personality. He acts really cute, but also seems to love to tease.
 
“Here you can have my spoon.” Donghae handed me his spoon. “But.. How are you going to eat your own soup? You will need a spoon as well. I can go get a new one,” I protested although I already accepted his spoon out of habit. My parents leaned to not reject things that people offer me. “No just stay here and enjoy your meal. I will get a new one myself.” I want to object just a little bit more, but Donghae had caught on before I really could. “Just taste your soup. If it doesn’t taste good then it doesn’t make sense for me to get a new spoon…” It did sound reasonable, so I did as he said.
 
“Mmm!” I put my spoon down. “It really tastes good. Hurry up so you can eat some of this über delicious soup too.” Donghae nodded and made a move to stand up. I wanted to quickly finish my soup before it got cold, however my spoon wasn’t lying next my bowl anymore.
 
“KLING” That wasn’t a sound I did like to hear and certainly didn’t like the sight of my spoon, or Donghae’s spoon, lying on the floor. “Oops! Sorry Yoon Hee.” Heechul apologized. I sighed deep. Heechul being sorry..? My . Not with that smirk on his face. How to describe Heechul..? Well, let’s just say that he is special. He seems overly confident and likes to pull pranks, but sometimes it doesn’t feel real. It seems to me that he is hiding behind a mask.
It was getting slightly irritated. Okay, let’s scrap slightly. “We shall get new ones together, okay? Because that is what you guys want.” I was got up just like Donghae. “That’s fine. Have a nice trip together,” Heechul smiled. The other boys that were following our conversation were also smiling, but Hangeng did stand out. He was trying to not burst out laughing. If my soup was cold when I came back then I would make them regret living. Well, I’m not really violent, but still…
 
 “Quite silly, right. All this commotion about a spoon.” Donghae and I were walking towards the counter.  “Yeah,” was the only thing Donghae answered while I was trying to start a conversation. “But I would swear that it was one purpose. No, it definitely was on purpose. That spoon couldn’t have fallen on the ground otherwise. Those jerks!” Donghae smiled: “You don’t have to convince me.” “Huh?” I didn’t get why he said that. “It was on purpose.” Ahh, my stupid brain didn’t work that fast. “Yeah it was..” It was quiet again, but not awkward. I like that we can be comfortable around each other now.
 
“Sungmin-ah!” I called out as I say him going to counter for some lunch. He had just like Siwon and Kibum been missing for our table. “Hey!” he smiled. “I really recommend the French onion soup. It’s a piece of art.” I saw that the canteen lady had heard it, because she smiled while looking our way. I showed my thumbs up towards the canteen lady. “But if you have your food already why are you here? Are you both still hungry?” Sungmin asked while he did take the soup as I recommended. “No, two idiots dropped our spoons on the floor. So we need new ones,” Donghae explained. Sungmin shook his head “It sounds like that it was on purpose.” “Yeah, we know!” we said in unison.
 
=======
 
“What are you guise doing?” Min Jee asked them with a suspecting look in her eyes. She just knew that they were planning something. The boys didn’t answer her, but instead tried to look like angels. Min Jee didn’t buy this of course. “Why don’t you guise let Donghae sit next to her. Do you want them to become a couple or not.” She narrowed her eyes and looked at then one for one. Some of the boys got chills on their back from the look in her eyes and it took a few seconds before one dared to say something to her. It was Heechul. “As expected of Min Jee with her sharp eyes. She doesn’t miss a thing.” His smirk was on his face again.
 
Heechul opening his mouth, made it that the rest also relaxed a bit. Even after getting to know her a little, they were still a bit scared of her. “Won’t they yearn more for each other if they can’t be really together? They will be a couple sooner.” said Jongwoon, the fool. Hyuk Jae, Dong Hee and Hangeng did nod as they were thinking that that actually did make some sense. “You fools. They still can see each other, so it really won’t be a Romeo and Juliet story if you think so.” She rolled with her eyes.
 
“Anyway, our plan did work, they are together now.” Ryeowook smiled and he and Heechul high-fived. Min Jee sighed and shook her head. These boys really seemed to be a lost case. Some common sense seemed to be missing.
 
=======
 
At the end of the table were Youngwoon and Jungsoo talking quietly. They didn’t want to be heard by Min Jee and the others were nicely distracting her as if it was planned.
 
"Hyung, operation YoonHae isn’t really progressing.." Youngwoon sighed, “Even after a few, he asked her out, even though we assured him that she would say yes.” Jungsoo just smiled like there was no problem. "Don't worry. I have a plan."

 

 

***********************************

[A/N]

Sorry that I haven't updated in a while, I had exams and I have to hand in a paper this wednesday... o.O But I tried writing pieces of the story somewhere between learning and now it's finally finished.

I hope you like it ^^. Please comment. I'd like to hear what you think of the story.

Oh, and if you haven't voted yet on my poll, please do so...