Chapter 02 – be true to one’s self

My 16th Lover

[As students entered the class, Ann’s friends were plotting the fun game for the person who will be chosen as the in Ann’s birth day.]

“Girls, I have missed you so much! How was Christmas vacation?” Jenny screamed.

The other girls giggled and said “it was great!”

“Hey, Ann your birth day is coming up soon right? Have you got any plans?” Fretzie asked.

[Ann was not paying much attention to the girls because of what happened earlier.]

“Hello, earth to Ann, is you still there!” Jenny tries to communicate to Ann.

She snapped out and “Huh? What?” she said out of confusion.

“Ann, your birth day… Have you got any plans already?” Fretzie asked.

“Nope! no plan yet. “She said.

“Great, then we’ll be planning it. Got any ideas who will be your ?” Jenny asked enthusiastically.

“No, I don’t know who to ask and it’s embarrassing to ask a guy to be my .” He pouted.

“Well yeah, duh! You’re the most popular girl in our school, of course it’s embarrassing.” Jenny said.

“We need to get the guys attention, who would want to be your at your party. But how? Um … out of ideas.” Fretzie said and stared at Jenny.

“Fine, I’ll think of something.” Jenny said.

[Mean while… as the girls discuss about Ann’s birth day, the guys had their own discussion of their problems.]

“Man, you really pissed Ann today and I mean big time” Bret said.

“Do you really hate her that much? I mean… you always do mean things to her. Aren’t you getting tired?” Ryan said.

“No of course not, it’s just for fun.” James said and flashed a cute smile on his face.

“You better cut it out before she could really hate you.” Bret said.

“Why? Do you like her?” James stared at Bret.

“Of course not… Man, I have my own problems. Thank you.” Bret defended himself.

“Ah, you mean Fretzei!” Ryan teased Bret.

“Urgh! Shut up Ryan you know I hate her!” He said and puts his head down to hide his blushing face.

“Oh yeah, I just remembered. Isn’t that Ann’s Birth day is near?” Ryan asked while looking at James who was stunned at the information he just got.

“What?! Wait… how could you even know that?” James asked.

“Well duh? I have friends that are part of Ann’s fan club. Believed me there are a lot of members. James you are so clueless.” Ryan said.

“Well even if I don’t have any idea about her Birth day, I don’t care at all.” James said but in his thought… “I wonder what kind of gift I shall give her… Um this will be hard.”

“Yeah right… as if I would believed you.” Ryan said.

“He’s plotting something… again.” Bret added.

[Things aren’t always what they seems. Hearts that is still unsure and insecure. Plans for the future that those not go as planned.]

{Wait for the next chapter as we see how things develop. From one of the authors, animerika.}