A Ruined Apology

Love To Dance, Dance To Love

''Yah! I swear if you two keep slacking off I'll fire the both of you!'' Jinhyuk growled through the kitchen door. Another burst of loudness from him would send my head spinning. Whatever I drank at my party last night was not something I should've been drinking. 

''Aigoo, Gibeomie, did you have anything to drink last night?'' I rubbed my temples.

''Yeah, that was a pretty fun party. Awe little Seobin can't handle her liquor?'' He pinched my cheeks. 

''Ugh, hajima~''

''Seobin! A group of youngsters are here! Get to there table before they grow inpatient!'' Jinhyuk yelled.

Gibeom gave me an sympathetic look before handing me my notebook to take down the orders. ''Good luck. I'll give you an Aspirin when you get back.''

''Mhm.'' I hummed before pushing the kitchen door open. I was basically running on auto pilot as I walked over to the table of four students. My shift was almost over, and I just wanted to go home to Jay. 

''Annyeonghaseyo welcome to Antique Bakery. What sweets would you like to sweeten your stomachs today?'' When I lifted my head from the bow, I realized the people I was blindly resighting my greeting to were none other my ex friends. ''O-Oppa...Suzy.''

''Psht. So it's really true. You're dirt poor.'' Seungho chuckled. 

''This is where you spend all your time huh? And here I thought that pastry smell that used to always linger was from a perfume.'' Suzy smirked. Leejoon didn't even look up from the table. 

''Just order your food if you want to eat.'' This head ache wasn't making it easier for me to deal with the comments.

''Yeah, let me get...a mocha iced latte, three specially made cupcakes...two rasberry tarts-''

''You realize ordering all of these things has no affect on me whatsoever. I'm not the one making them.'' 

''Oh...'' Yejin looked around stupidly. ''In that case I'll just have the iced latte.''

''I want an explanation.'' Leejoon finally looked up, and into my eyes. 

''Just forget about her Joon, she's not our kind of people anyway.'' Suzy frowned. 

''No Suzy, she was our friend, and just because you think you're better than others doesn't mean I do! Seobin, can we talk when you get off of work?'' His pleading brown eyes made me feel like a terrible person...which is exactly what I am. 

''...Sure, my shift ends in a few minutes. We can talk then.'' After getting everyone's order I went to the kitchen to inform Gibeom with the latest news. 

''That jerk who yelled at you?! Let me talk to him for you!'' Gibeom started removing his apron.

''Yah, we have orders to fill.'' Sunwoo tisked.

''Sorry master...'' He went back to making the sweets. ''Just tell me when you're going to talk to him. I wanna meet the guy.'' He said chopping strawberrys sharply.

''Well my shift is over, and he's still waiting for me so I guess I should get it over with...'' I peeked through the kitchen door, and saw him waiting nervously by himself. His friends finished their sweets, and left not too long ago.

''Mwoh?! Ugh, please master!! Just let me go-''

''Anniya! Kim Gibeom stay!'' He commanded like he was talking to a dog.

''Gwaenchanha Beomie, I'm a big girl.'' I humored him. 

''I'm off now!'' I said to Jinhyuk before taking a seat with Joon oppa. As I sat in the chair that was still warm from when Suzy occupied it, I went through everything I could say to him. How I could apologize. Nothing seemed to be enough.

''Seobin...''

''Ne?'' I looked up at him feeling how I used to when we were together. Like I owed him something, like I needed to do everything in my power to please him.

''I think I deserve an explanation from you, but more than anything I'd rather understand what you were feeling throughout our relationship. I think that's what I've been wondering about for the longest time now....'' 

''What I felt?''

''Exactly what you felt.'' He said with assurance.

''Well, you were really nice to me from the beginning.''

And I wanted to be accepted by you so badly that I hid everything about myself to keep any bad image of me away from you. 

''Is that it?'' He furrowed his eyebrows.

''Ani, I just...no matter how much I liked you, I was always nervous that one wrong thing I did would make you upset, or embarass you. You're not just some person Leejoon-ssi, you're very well known around the school. I have to be perfect to match your level.''

''So cheating on me with the one guy in school that probably hates me the most makes things better?''

''I never cheated on you. Jay, and I had been roommates before we even met. I just never really knew the right way to tell you. At the time I couldn't stand him either, but I had no other place to live if it wasn't in that dorm room. Plus I'm on scholarship so it's not like I could've just chosen not to live in the dorms. If I would've done that I would've lost everything I've always worked so hard on.''

''You're on scholarship? I thought your parents sent you here from Colorado?''

''My parents....'' For the first time I found myself getting choked up at the thought of them. Usually without those memories I had no reason to be sad, but now I could see vivid images of them, my brother, and I. Every Sunday we went to church. My brother, and I would walk to school together every morning, and when we were released our parents waited at the gate with candy's, and warm hugs.

''My parents didn't send me here...they brought me here.'' Technically they did since the reason I wanted to return to Seoul was to be closer to my past. My parents.

''Seobin, I'm not going to deny that I caught feelings for you. I really did, but I'm still getting the feeling that you can't trust me. I feel like I don't even know you. I don't think I ever did.''

''Leejoon-ssi, there's a lot of things that I really can't tell you. I wish-''

''Seobin-ah! Everything alright here?'' Gibeom stormed out of the kitchen taking a seat next to me.

''Is this another one of your secret friends?'' 

''I'm her brother. Aren't you the guy she dumped for Jay?'' Gibeom smirked. He made the situation ten times worse, and made me feel like even more of a jerk.

''Brother? Seobin! Is there anything else you'd like to share about yourself that I obviously have no clue about?!''

''Yeah, you're a smothering jerk who doesn't deserve my sis, so get your out of here!'' Gibeom brought his fist back to hit Leejoon, but I stopped him before he even got close.

''Gibeom! Stop, you have no idea about anything so stop getting involved!''

''It's alright Seobin, I think I understand how things are between us. How things have always been between us.'' He grabbed his phone, and stormed out. 

''Aish! Why did you have to ruin everything Kim Gibeom?!''I shoved him as he smiled in triumph.

''What are you talking about?! He was rude to you that day, so he deserved it right?!''

''No! We needed to talk, and things were getting better before you stuck your big nose in everything! Ugh! You're such a babo!''

''You're the babo, babo!! I was defending you, so I deserve a thank you!! Instead you push me?!''

''Yo, did I come at a bad time...?'' Jay came in straight from school with his bookbag, and skully cap.

''No, you didn't! I was just leaving.'' I bumped into Gibeom on my way to the door.

''Seobin, wait-''

''Oppa, kajja.'' I grabbed Jay's hand, and pulled him through the door. 

A/N: Sorry for this short, and bad chapter. I've been working on it for such a long time now, and I really don't want to erase it all, and start fresh cuz I don't like it that much. It's been so long since I've updated this story T.T mianhae~ I just wanted to get this chapter out so you guys know I didn't forget you, and I'm trying to update more often. Kamsahamnida, and mianhae <333333

here are some apology gifs

tumblr_m8oerbioNz1rqpnfr.gif  tumblr_m8oceiILmh1rqpnfr.gif  tumblr_m8nhxbk3xZ1qa8470o2_r2_500.gif  tumblr_m8nq7fJ23f1rqpnfr.gif  tumblr_m8nq6wGo2T1rqpnfr.gif