The In Crowd

Love To Dance, Dance To Love

Despite my roommate crisis I couldn't let that stop me from attending my first class the next morning. I was on my way to room 102 for Korean Studies. I really had to brush up on it since I spent practically my whole life in America. It took me forever to find my way around, there were so many floors, and hallways. I looked like a lost puppy.

''Excuse me-'' I tried so many times to stop one of the other students, and ask for directions, but none of them stopped. 

''Need help?'' Finally a tall boy stopped to help me. His handsomeness took me by surprise. The light brown hair that swept over his eyelashes shined from the sunlight coming threw the windows. ''You look a bit lost.'' He smiled. Oh god his smile...that had to be his best feature.

''Ne, um I'm looking for room 102.'' I smiled back.

''Wah! That's all the way on the other side of the campus.'' He pointed to the bulding on my schedule and laughed at my stupidity. 

''Oh, I'm really lost then huh?''

''It's no problem, come on I'll take you there.'' He grabbed my hand, and dragged me along through the crowd of students. After running down a few hallways, and some flight of stairs we finally approached room 102. There some students were standing outside the door waiting for the professor.

''Here we are.'' He smiled. ''By the way my name is Leejoon.''

''Oh, my name is Seobin it's nice to meet you.'' Normally I went by Scarlett, but I didn't want to hear this guy completely butcher such a foreign name.

''I hope to see you around.'' He bowed his head, and walked in the other direction. I watched him walk away wishing I would've left a memorable first impression. He looked so perfect, and I was just me.

''You're drooling.'' I heard a familiar mocking tone in my ear.

''Go away Jay!'' I swatted him away like a pesky fly.

''Oh Scarlett, what am I going to do with you?'' He put his gross arm around my shoulder. I knew he didn't wash the night before, or when he woke up.

''Eww! You smell terrible!''

''Well you look terrible! Bun head!'' He flicked my tightly wrapped bun, and strolled into class with the rest of the students.

---------------------------

Once class was over I was left by myself to go for lunch. I put as much space between Jay, and I as possible. I swear it was like his goal in life to drive me crazy.

I pulled out the lunch I packed, and searched for a place to sit. I saw Jay talking loudly with three other guys. I turned around sharply before they could spot me, and settled with sitting alone, that had to be better than being caught with Jaebeom.

''Seobin!'' I heard someone call. I turned around, and saw Leejoon sitting with a group of people. My body flooded with relief, and I skipped over to join them.

''Annyeonghaseyo.'' I bowed my head. At the table was Lejoon, a blonde man with thick lips (Seungho), a very pretty girl with long black hair pulled into a ponytail with full bangs (Suzy), and another girl with pretty brown hair, and an even prettier eye smile (Yejin/ Ailee). 

''Seobin, how was your class?'' Leejoon smiled.

''Um, it was alright. Kind of boring.''

''Leejoon! Why don't you introduce us before you rudely jump into a conversation.'' Mr thick lips said.

''Everyone this is Seobin. Seobin that's Seungho. Suzy, and Yejin.''

''It's nice to meet you all!'' I smiled nervously. I was tormented with the thought of what they were all thinking of me.

''Nice to meet you too.'' They smiled back.

''So what ever happened to that servant?'' Suzy jumped back into her conversation with Yejin.

''He was fired of course! What else would you do if your servant stopped making your bed for you every morning?!''

''Seobin, don't you hate it when the help act up?'' Leejoon asked. I had no idea what he was talking about. The closest I've ever been to having help was on my math homework. My adoptive parents could barely afford their phones let alone a house maid.

''Well I've never-''

''Look at those guys.'' Seungho laughed. I turned to who he was pointing at.

''Who Jay?''

''Yeah, him and his gangster friends are probably gonna flunk in the first semester.'' They all bursted put in uncontrollable laughter. Everyone except me. I didn't catch the joke.

''I don't get it.''

''It's just that those guys are bad news. They dance to hip hop.'' Leejoon laughed. ''That's not even real dancing.''

''What do you think Seobin?'' Yejin cut in.

''Well, I only dance ballet-''

''Really?! Me too! That's my major.'' Leejoon's arm stretched across my chair, as if I wouldn't notice.''We have so much in common.''

''Oh, that's really nice.'' I thought he looked like the ballet type.

''We should stick together like glue. I feel like we could become really close friends.'' I looked around at my new friends. They all seemed happy with their lives, and didn't have anything to worry about in life. I wanted that happiness. I wanted to be carefree, and never having to worry about the ground falling right from under me.

''Trust us when we say you'll regret not being our friends.'' Suzy smiled. My social life could go down the toilet if I made the wrong choice.

''Ne, let's all be friends.'' I smiled.