Winning

Love To Dance, Dance To Love

I stood in front of the mirror examining myself. In an hour I was going to be in front of a crowd, a very big crowd, dancing with my boyfriend and his buddies. In the meantime trying to show up the boy that almost killed me. How fun!

"You look great, Scarlett." Jay slid his arms around my waist from behind. "We're gonna kick today."

"We better, I risked everything for this." I grinned, spinning around to meet his beautiful lips with mine. "I won't let us lose, Jay."

"Me either, look." He backed us up onto the couch and I sat comfortably on his lap. "After the battle, I want us to have a celebration. Just the two of us." 

"Well, of course. We'll figure something out." I smiled. Based on the look on his eyes, I felt like I was missing the meaning behind his words. "Did you have something in mind?" 

"Well," he traced his fingers down my arm and bit his lip. "Kind of, maybe something tonight?" 

I suddenly realized where this was going. He wanted to have with me. I felt my ears heat up under my hair. "Tonight?" I grinned trying to hide my nerves. 

"Yeah," He smiled, lifting us both on our feet. "Tonight." The topic was dropped and we walked to the door hand in hand. 

~~~~~

"Who are all these other crews?" I yelled into Chansung's ear as we made it to the competition. It was located in a giant warehouse with a dance floor in the middle. Well, it was really a giant circle the crowd formed in the center of the chaos. Loud music blasted through speakers where the DJ spun. 

"Didn't know about the dance community here, huh?" He grinned. 

"Not at all." I didn't know so many crews existed. A lot of the people have even been to the bakery. 

"Most of them are just here for the show, they don't compete. The ones we really need to worry about are Infinite, and B2ST."

"B2ST?" I looked over to a group of six guys stretching out in the corner. They were all extremely good looking, not like Jay though. One of them caught my eye and winked. 

"Yah! Gikwang thinks any girl looking his way is interested!" Jay came over and put his arm around me. "She's not on the market!" He shouted.

"Hey, you're being loud!"

"Is he?" Suddenly a familiar voice joined our conversation. I looked behind Jay and saw Infinite staring us down. 

"You have the balls to stand in front of us Sungyeol?" Chansung growled. "After what you did?!" 

"Calm down, look at it as admiration. I know how good she is, and she can actually be a threat to us winning." He smirked.

"Admiration?! You're about to admire the way I beat your !" Taec had to hold Jay back. 

"Let's show them on the dance floor." He said calmly. 

"We'll see about that." Their leader, Sunggyu snarled. 

"I hate those guys!" Wooyoung pouted. "They'll get what they deserve today!" 

"Come on, we should be going on soon." Junho patted Taec's shoulder. 

"I'm fine Jay, if anything Sungyeol dug his own grave by fueling us to win. This is going to be a good day for us." I s my arms around him and brought us together. I felt his chest flaring up and down with his deep, angry breaths. Slowly, he calmed down and hugged me back. 

"I love you, Scarlett." He whispered in my ear. 

"I love you too, oppa." I felt him squeeze me. "Let's go." We walked through the crowd back to the guys. B2ST was in the middle of performing their routine, which wasn't bad. Actually pretty impressive. But what we've been practicing could definitely beat them.

B2ST's dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM6ssKlp-lU

"It looks like they're having trouble topping their performance from last year." Chansung chuckled. "They've earned third in my book." 

"Now everybody!" The DJ shouted. "Let's give a loud shout for B2ST! They're definitely gonna be hard to beat, but I'm sure someone can do it! What about you Infinite?! I'm sure you guys have something impressive up your sleeves! Let's get it let's go!" 

Infinite's dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riyWqwhHmVM

"There's no doubt we can win, Scarlett, all you have to do is what we practiced. Don't be nervous." Taec said. "You and Jay's duet will definitely place us first." 

"Yeah, I got this!" I smiled. Not nearly as confident as I felt. If I screwed up just a little bit I could ruin it for everyone. I couldn't let anyone down, and I had to prove this to myself. 

"Now, we all know Taec has something to show you guys! Let's give it up for the AOM crew!" The DJ, San.E, shouted for us. 

Jay squeezed my arm and landed a lingering kiss on my lips. "I need my good luck." He winked. 

As the music started and I kneeled in the center, ready to pop out on my que, my heart pounded heavily. I just wanted to do this right, and make everyone cheer for Jay. Once I heard the heavy bass I got to my feet and grabbed Jay's hand.

Seobin's dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuyCUv6PJ7g

Once I finished I was more than out of breath, and sweaty. In the crowd I spotted my brother, and a face I really didn't expect to see. Leejoon. The crowd's cheers were enormously loud, and between Jay lifting me off my feet, and all the kisses I was getting I didn't know how to react to it all. 

"We did it!'' Taec cheered. 

"Okay everyone calm down! Calm down! We need to take a vote!" San.E shouted. "Even though I don't think it's necessary." I heard him mumble. 

"Scarlett, that was amazing!" Chansung slapped my back. "You are amazing!" 

"Everyone! Let's get B2ST, Infinite, and AOM in the middle. How about a round of applause for B2ST!"

The crowd clapped, loudly. I wasn't concerned about how much louder our applause would be, however. 

"Now let's hear it for Infinite!" The crowd screamed. Extremely loud, which I figured was because they used their best dancers and best looking members, Hoya and Dongwoo, most of the time. 

"AOM!" My ears almost started bleeding when I heard the screams. Leejoon was shouting along, and Gibeom was jumping up and down pushing those around him. Everyone started chanting our name! It was an amazing feeling that I didn't ever expect to come from anything related to hip hop, or anything NOT ballet at the matter. 

"I think we have a winner! AOM Crew wins this year!! Come get your money and your trophy!" San.E shouts into his speaker!

"Yes!" The crowd closes in on us and I feel happier than I have in my entire life. Gibeom, and Leejoon make it into speaking range. 

"Seobin, I didn't realize how amazing this atmosphere is!" Leejoon smiled. "I think...I think I might like it."  

"That's wonderful!" I stood high and kissed his cheek. I never imagined he would be someone who accepted change, or something new and different. It surprised and relieved me. "But how did you know about this?"

"Well," Gibeom coughed behind us. "I might have something to do with that." 

"Yah! You did this for me?" I laughed. 

"It's a hell of a lot better than having to apologize to you twice! Jeez, just say thank you and get over it." His attitude was only skin deep and he knew I wasn't so easily fooled. 

"Thank you." I kissed his cheek, and he didn't shove me away like usual. 

"We did it, babe!" Jay came from behind me and kissed my cheek endlessly. "You did it!" He noticed my brother and Leejoon, and stopped.

"It's okay, we're good now." Leejoon held out his hand to shake Jay's. Slowly Jay gave in and the four of us continued to shout our happiness.