JJ Project Made Me Like Hip Hop

Love To Dance, Dance To Love

''Lily, how's the essay going along?'' Gibeom poked his head through the storage closet door.

''Terrible!'' I flipped through the pages in my history book, and scrolled down the wikipedia page. ''Do you know anything about the Joseon Dynasty?'' I huffed.

''Ani, I dropped out of high school remember?''

''Right.'' I stared at the pages hoping I'd get a sudden rush of inspiration. 

''I'll cover for you until your shifts over.''

''Thanks Beomie.'' I jumped to my feet, and ruffled his hair.

''Whatever, you'd do the same for me.'' He slammed the door, and left me to my homework.

~~~~~~~~~

''Scarlett, do you think I can see what you have for the essay so far?'' Jay smiled as I scibbled down some notes on the couch.

''Psht. You know you're not doing the essay why bother trying.''

''You have a good point there.'' He jumped over the back of the couch, and his head fell into my lap. ''You look prettier from this angle.'' 

''Eww! Jay, I seriously need to finish this essay, please stop fooling around!'' I pushed him off me.

''That's right. You have plans with your boyfriend.''

''Not only that, but I need to have at least a 4.0 grade point average to recieve scholarship.''

''Oh...'' He sat quiet. 

''Ugh, this is hopeless!'' I threw my notebook on the floor.

''Relax Scarlett. You'll finish in time.''

''Do you think so? My flight with Leejoon is for tomorrow morning. This needs to be in Mr. Yoon's mailbox by tonight, and I'm still on page 1.'' Hearing my situation out loud made it clear that I couldn't possibly make that early flight. I took out my phone, and called Leejoon. After two rings he answered.

''Annyeong jagiya~'' His sweet voice rang.

''Oppa..this essay is really kicking my .'' I pouted. To my ''aegyo'' Jay pretended to barf. I didn't blame him. I hated performing aegyo,

''Aigoo..do you need me to blow you an energy kiss?''

''Ani, what I'm trying to say is I need more time to finish it.''

''Oh?''

''Ne, I was wondering if I could just meet you at your ski lodge later to finish it. I would only be a few hours behind you.''

''Oh chincha...?'' He sounded let down.

''Mianhae oppa.''

''Ani, gwaenchanha, there's nothing we can do. I'll reschedule your flight time. Are you sure you'll be alright on a flight by yourself?''

''Ne, I came here alone didn't I?''

''Geurae. Jaljaya.'' With that he hung up.

''Wah! You work so hard! If I was going to Europe I'd say seeya to the stupid essay.'' Jay yawned.

''Well I don't have a choice. I'm on scholarship...''

''Oh...'' Again he was silent. ''Well since you have a few more hours to write that essay how about you take a small break.'' He grabbed my hand, and pulled me off the couch.

''Bwoyah?'' All of a sudden loud hip hop was blasting through our living room. 

''Come on Scarlett, just dance freely.'' He started doing some very impressive moves. I could never come up with dance moves at the top of my head like that, and I was kind of too embarassed to try.

''No Jay, I don't like hip hop.'' I stood with my arms crossed.

''Please! Just once.'' His smile almost pursuaded me, but it wasn't enough to get me out of my comfort zone.

''Ani!''

''Kim Seobin! Jebal!!!'' He got down on his knees, and honestly how can you say no to someone when they do that.

''Fine!'' I held his hands, and together  we did an easy two step.

''There you go!'' He laughed. Somehow I started getting into the rythem of the music, and I no longer needed to hold Jay's hands to stay on beat.

''I wanna make your body move so don't stop, baby let your body groove, and let it drop to the floor floor floor! Let it drop to the floor floor floor!''

The song was entoxicating! I couldn't stop myself from letting go. I've never felt such a sense of freedom, and happiness. It was almost like I was dancing ballet except I didn't have to point my toes. Which was a hard habit to break. Suddenly the music stopped.

''Yah! What happened to JJ Project?''

''Scarlett...you just danced to hip hop.'' Jay looked stunned.

''Omo! I did!'' It finally hit me. ''Did I look stupid?'' I covered my face from embarassment.

''Ani, you have a lot of talent in ballet so any style really suites you.'' He smiled. ''Are you sure you've never freestyled before?''

''That was my first time.''

''Well, would you let me teach you a few moves sometime?'' He slid over to me with his slippery socks. ''You'd be my dream girl if you bboy'd.'' The atmosphere between us was growing awkward. 

''Ahem!'' I cleared my throat. ''Psht. What are you talking about.?'' A forced chuckle came out of me. ''I need to get back to writing that essay. Break time is over.'' I ran back to the couch, and grabbed my pencil. No matter how much I stared at my textbook my mind was still spinning over how much I actually enjoyed dancing with Jay. Not even when I danced with Leejoon did I feel so happy.

 

A/N: Yay! Another chapter! Woot! I hoped you enjoyed it! Saranghaeyo strawberryboo. It's ironic cuz The Chaser came on while I was writing this!! Bye bye!