WTD? - Chapter 9

What's The Difference?

 

Chapter 9

~week later~

Kibum sighs as he walking into the usual restaurant. He greets the workers as he makes his way to the table that Heechul, Donghae and Sungmin sat at. “Hey guys.” he greets as he sits down in the empty seat next to Heechul. “You okay Kibum?” Donghae asks Kibum as Kibum sits down his bag.

Kibum sighs again. “Today didn’t go as I thought it would.” he says. The three looks at him. “Oh, wasn’t today your date with Kwang?” Heechul asks. Kibum nods. “So what went wrong?” Sungmin asks. Kibum shrugs. “I don’t know. I was having a great time at first. But then, I just felt like I should be there.” he says.

Heechul sits back in his seat. “Really?” he asks. “And is hat because the thought of a certain person crossed your mind?” he asks. Kibum looks at him. “What?” he asks. Heechul looks back at him. “Well, you just said that all of a sudden you felt like it wasn’t right. Which means the thought of something or someone crossed your mind.” he states.

Kibum immediately shakes his head. “No… no, there wasn’t.” he says. Donghae looks at his best friend. “Kibum, why don’t you just admit that you have feelings for Siwon?” he asks. Kibum looks at him. “I won’t admit it because I don’t have feelings for him.” he says.

“Really?” Sungmin asks with a hint of amusement in his voice. Kibum looks at him with a raised brow. “What’s with that tone?” he asks. Sungmin shakes his head. Kibum sits up straight in his seat. “No, come on. I would love to know that you found so amusing.” he says.

Sighing, Heechul pushes his chair back a little before fully turning to Kibum. “Kibum, you have feelings for him. Accept it.” he says. Kibum frowns. “What? No I-” Kibum is cut off by Heechul raising his hand.

 

“Kibum, just stop and listen okay?” Heechul asks. “Answer me honestly.” The serious tone in Heechul’s voice made him hold back his objections. He just nods in reply. Heechul smiles seeing that the boy listened to him.

“Now, Kibum, you always feel happy when you’re around him right?” Heechul asks. Kibum nods. “Yeah, I do. Because it’s fun being around him.” he says.

“What about when you’re sad or mad? Talking to him makes those feelings disappear, right?” Heechul asks.

“Yeah, but that’s because he always know what to say.”

“What about when he doesn’t say anything? He still knows what to do to cheer you up.”

“Yeah, because he’s Siwon.”

“Okay, Kibum. When you’re with him, are you happy that you’re with a friend, or that you’re with Siwon?”

“What’s the difference?”

“Well when you’re with him, is it ‘it’s nice to be able to spend time with one of my friends’ or is it ‘I’m glad to be able to spend time with Siwon, whether we’re alone or not’?”

“Well…I guess it’s the second.” Kibum says after a minute of silence.

“And what is it that you feel when you’re around him?”

“I… I feel as if, even when we’re with others, that his attention is always on me. And it makes my heart beat faster. Sometimes I get nervous when standing next to him, but when he smiles at me, the nervousness goes away and I only feel happy because he’s with me.” Kibum explains.

“You’re in pain when you see him with Yoona, right?” Donghae asks.

“Yeah… It just feels like someone’s reaching inside my chest and squeezing my heart. It hurts.”

 

"And you understand why, right?” Heechul asks. In reply, Kibum just stares at the table. “It’s because you’re in love with him.” Sungmin says. Kibum looks up at him and blinks. “I love Siwon.” he whispers. Wide-eyed, Kibum looks around at the other three. It was the first time he’s ever admitted it to himself or to others.

“I love Siwon.” Kibum repeats louder. The other three nods. A minute later Kibum feels a sharp pain go though his chest. Raising his hand, Kibum grasps the front of his shirt. “Kibum, are you okay?” Donghae asks. Taking a deep breath, Kibum nods.

“Yeah, but even though I love him…” Kibum states. He then looks around at the others. “He’s dating Yoona.” he says. Heechul looks at him. “Well are you going to confess to Siwon?” he asks. Kibum shakes his head. “What for? I’m already in pain loving him, I don’t want to get rejected and feel even worse.” he states.

“But Kibum.” Sungmin tries. Kibum shakes his head and stands up. “I have to go.” he says picking up his bag. “Hey guys.” The four turn to see Siwon walking toward him. Kibum looks at the others. “I’ll talk to you guys later.” he says before walking away from the table. “See ya, Siwon.” he says, looking straight ahead as he walks past the taller boy.

“Kibum.” Siwon’s voice makes Kibum stop in place. Letting out a small breath, Kibum turns and faces Siwon. “Yeah?” he asks. Siwon tilts his head a little. “Are you okay?” he asks. Kibum puts a small smile on his face even though his heart was hurting him on the inside.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” he says. Siwon takes a step close to him. “Kibum, you-” Siwon is cut off by Kibum shaking his head. Kibum then steps back, away from Siwon. “I’m fine. I have to go. See you later.” Kibum says before immediately turning and walking out the restaurant.

Making his way down the street, Kibum lets out a sigh. Taking out his phone, Kibum dials a number and puts it up to his ear. “Hey, Oppa. What’s up?”

“Nothing much. Hey, where are you at?”

“I’m at home. Why?”

 “I’m coming over. I need someone to talk to.”

“That’s fine.”

“Thanks. I’ll see you in a few minutes.”

“Okay bye, Oppa.”

“Bye.” Kibum says before hanging up the phone. He then sighs. “I don’t have a good feeling about all this.” he whispers, running his hand through his hair.

 

~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~

A.N.: And that is Chapter 9.

Kibum finally admits to his feelings for Siwon. :D

But it doesn’t seem like he’s going to confess. :/

What do you think will happen? Huh? Huh????? :D :D :D :D XD

 

Anyways, hope you like this chapter. I shall post the next on soon. ^-^