Chapter 11

What's The Difference?

Chapter 11

~a week later~

Kibum yawns as he sits back in his seat. The lesson for the day just ended so the class just chatted in groups as they wait for the bell to ring.

“So, Kibum, are you still avoiding him?” Sungmin asks from his spot behind Kibum. Kibum turns and looks at him. “Hey, I talked to him and asked him to give me time, okay.” he says. Ryeowook and Eunhyuk look up from the notebook in front of him to Kibum.

“So, you did tell him why you are avoiding him?” Ryeowook asks. Kibum shakes his head. “Agh, when the hell did I become such a coward?” he asks. Kyuhyun snorts. “When you fall in love with your closest friend.” he says.

Kibum looks at him and sighs.  “Agh, I want to punch the person who said love gives you courage, in the face. Little lair.” he says making the other four let out small laughs. Eunhyuk then shrugs. “Well, it does. Just at certain times. At the most important times.” he says.

Kibum sighs again and sits back in his chair. “I bet he’s still mad.” Kyuhyun says. Kibum shrugs. “I asked him for time. It’s been a week, so I guess he’s being understanding. So I’m fine.” he says.

Kyuhyun lets out a snort as he looks at his phone. “Oh, I don’t think so.” he says pressing buttons, most likely texting someone. Sungmin looks at him. “Ah, Kyuhyun, why are you always being negative about things?” he asks.

Kyuhyun looks up from his phone. “What?” he asks. “I’m just being realistic.” he says. “For instance, if you would have decided to ignore me like this before we started dating, I would have been mad as hell.” he says.

Kyuhyun then looks at Kibum. “I’m telling you. He’s still mad.” he states. Kibum frowns and looks back at him. “Yeah because that makes me feel better.” he says. “And why are you so sure about it?” he asks.

Kyuhyun looks down at his phone that beeps again. Looking back up at Kibum, Kyuhyun points to the door, without a word. Before any of the other four could say anything, the room door slides open. Kibum’s eyes widen as the person steps into the room.

Kibum looks at Kyuhyun, who shrugs, before looking back at the door. “Siwon?” he asks. Without a word, Siwon bows to the teacher before walking over to his friends. Once in front of them, Siwon grabs Kibum’s hand, pulling him up from his seat.

Still silent, Siwon pulls Kibum to the door. Bowing to the teacher again, Siwon pulls him out the classroom. “Siwon?” Kibum calls to the taller boy dragging him down the hall. Getting no answer, Kibum lets out a small sigh.

A minute later they turn down an empty hallway. Siwon then lets go off Kibum’s arm and turns to face him. The two stands there facing each other in silence. Feeling uncomfortable with the silence, Kibum adjusts his stance.

Not liking the silence, Kibum opens his mouth to say something but is interrupted by Siwon. “Why?” Siwon asks. Kibum looks at him. “What do you mean?” he asks though he was completely aware of that Siwon wanted to talk about.”

Siwon frowns. “Don’t act like you don’t understand.” he says. In response, Kibum looks at the ground. Unable to say anything, Kibum shakes his head. To this Siwon’s frown deepens. “I’m sorry, I need time.” he says.

“And I gave you time.” Siwon says. “It’s been seven days. Not including the month you ignored me.” he says. Kibum shakes his head again. “Well it’s not something that can be dealt with quickly.” he says.

“Then tell me what it is so that I can help you.” Siwon says. Kibum shakes his head and takes a step back. Seeing the movement, Siwon immediately steps forward and talks hold of Kibum’s arm. “Kibum.” he says.

“Please let me go.” Kibum says trying to removes him arm. Siwon shakes his head. “Not until you tell me what’s going on.”

“No. You can’t help me with this.”

“You don’t know that! You’re not giving me the chance to know that’s going on and try to help fix it!”

It’s because I know you can’t help!”

“You’re not letting me try!”

“Because it won’t matter!”

“You won’t know unless I try! So tell me!”

“No! You can’t do anything!”

“Damn it Kibum! Just tell me!”

“Fine! You really want to know?!”

“Yes! Now tell me! Why have you been avoiding me?!”

“Because I’m in love with you!”

 

Silence fills the hallway once again. “Wait… You’re what?” Siwon asks. Feeling Siwon’s grip loosen, Kibum pulls his arm out of Siwon holds and steps back. “I said I’m in love with you. That’s why I’ve been avoiding you.” he says.

“S-Since when?” Siwon asks.

“Since the day you kissed me. Since then I couldn’t get you out of my head. And a month ago I realized that I was in love with you.” Kibum says.

“But you told Yoona to ask me out.”

“I know. And every time I think about it, I feel stupid.”

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier?”

 

Kibum lets out a snort. “What’s the difference?” he asks. “What would you have done?” Would you go to Yoona and tell her ‘sorry’? Would you tell me you love me back? Would you dump Yoona so that you could be with me instead?” he asks.

Siwon just stands there, not knowing what to say. Kibum lets out a small chuckle. “Yeah, I thought so.” he whispers. “Class should be ending any second now, I have to go.” he says. Kibum then turns and walks away, leaving Siwon standing there.

As he walks back to class, Kibum places a hand over his chest. He knew this was how it was going to happen. He’ll end up hurting even more. He didn’t want to have to face the rejection. At least not yet.

Standing in front of the classroom door, Kibum lets out a shaky breath. He then walks into the classroom just as the bell rings. Walking to his seat, Kibum picks up his bag from the floor and sits it on his chair. “Kibum?” Ryeowook calls as Kibum begins to place his book in his bag.

“Kibum, what happened?” Eunhyuk asks. Kibum stops packing. “I told him.” he says. “I told him I loved him… And of course, just like I thought, he said and did nothing that would even remotely show that he loved me back.” he states looks down at his bag.

“Kibum, I’m so sorry.” Sungmin says. Kibum shakes his head. “No, it’s okay. I had seen this coming. So don’t worry about it.” he says. The four look at each other. “Kibum, are you sure you’re okay?” Kyuhyun asks him.

Kibum nods. “Yeah, why?” he asks. Kyuhyun looks at the others before looking back at Kibum. “Because, you’re crying.” he states. Slowly Kibum raises his hand and touches his face to feel that it was wet.

“Oh wow.” Kibum whispers as his sight becomes blurry. “I didn’t even notice.” He says chuckling softly. The other four stand there watching their friend. “Kibum, we-” Ryeowook begins to say. Kibum cuts him off by shaking his head.

“I have to go.” Kibum says closing his bag. “I’ll see you guys later.” he says picking up his bag. “Bye.” he whispers before turning and hurrying out the classroom.

“This isn’t good.” Kyuhyun whispers before dialing a number on his phone. Picking up his bag, Kyuhyun puts the phone up to his ear as he stands up. “Hey, what’s up?” the voice on the other line asks.

“We got a problem.” Kyuhyun says.

“What? Did something happen to Oppa?”

“Yeah and it’s serious. He went home. You need to go see him.”

 “Of course. Thanks for giving me the heads up.”

“No problem.”

 

~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~

A.N.: And that is Chapter 11 for you.

So Kibum finally confessed. And was rejected. :/

I’m sorry Ki-Baby. T_T

I hate writing sad chapters but, they always seem to work their way into my stories. >.<

But hey, drama is always a good way to keep a story interesting. I guess….

 

Anyways, hope you like (no so really) this chapter. Next one will be updated soon.