WTD? - Chapter 14

What's The Difference?

Chapter 14

 

~two months later~

“Okay, so how well did the date go?” Kibum asks. He sat at a six-seater table at the usual restaurant. Sitting across from him was Jisu. “What?” Jisu asks looking up from the book on the table in front of him. Kibum shakes his head as he looks at the boy in front of him.

“Oh come on, you think I haven’t noticed that goofy smile you’ve been displaying on your face all day.” Kibum says. “So I’m guessing the date yesterday with Daehyun went well.” he adds. Jisu smiles brightly. “Yes, yes it did.” he says. “We went to see a movie, and then we went to the park and sat and talked for a while.” he says.

Kibum smiles. “See, I told you that you two would connect with each other.” he says. Jisu nods. “Yeah, he asked me out on another date on Sunday.” he says. Kibum tilts his head. “What’s that, the third date within about 2 and a half week?” he asks. Jisu nods. “Yeah, I think we might be coming official.”

“Oh, really? I think I should make a business out of this. Success rate is 100% right now.” Kibum says. Jisu lets out a snicker. “Just don’t tell them you only have one client.” he says making Kibum laugh. Kibum shakes his head. “Shhh, that’ll be our secret until more customers come and have success.”

“So, speaking of relationships…” Jisu starts, looking up at Kibum. “How are you holding up?” he asks. Kibum shrugs. “Well, I’m doing better than I thought I would.” he says. “It’s been almost four months since I’ve confessed, and two weeks less than that that I told him to just forget about it. So I’m coming to terms with it little by little.”

“Is that really what you want to do?” Jisu asks. Kibum shrugs. “Well what else am I to do? He chose her, so I have to move on.” he says. Jisu frowns. “I can’t believe you’re not going to fight for him.” he says. Kibum looks at him. “Well, what’s the difference?” he asks. After confessing to him, we were awkward around each other before I told him to forget about it two weeks later.” he says.

“I think if I kept pushing it when he already chose someone else, that could have destroyed our relationship all together and not only with him, but also with Yoona too.” he adds. Jisu nods. “Yeah, that’s true.” he says. “Well with the drama over, I guess that means soon something good will happen to you.” he says. Kibum shrugs. “Let’s hope so.”

“Hey you two.” The two look up to see Heechul along with Kyuhyun, Sungmin, Donghae, and Eunhyuk walking over to them. The two greets them as they stop in front of the table. Heechul sits down on one side of Kibum while Kyuhyun sits down on the other side with Sungmin on his lap. Eunhyuk sits down across from Kyuhyun and Sungmin while Jisu moves to sit in the seat across from Heechul, to let Donghae sit next to Eunhyuk.

“So what are you two talking about?” Kyuhyun asks. Kibum shrugs. “Just relationships. Trying to stay on Jisu’s and not mine.” he says. The others nod. “Oh, yeah, you went on dates with Daehyun.” Donghae says. Jisu nods.

“Oh, earlier today I was talking to him in the class that we have together.” Eunhyuk states. “He was telling me how he’s been thinking seriously about officially asking Jisu out.” he informs. Heechul looks at Jisu. “I think that means all lights are flashing green.” he says. “That it while you can.”

“And there’s that goofy smile again.” Kibum says about the smile on Jisu’s face. Jisu lets out a small laugh. “I can’t help it. I‘m just so excited.” he says. “I really like him and I think I might end up liking him more than I liked you.” he states.

Kibum takes in a small gasp as he places his hand over his chest dramatically. “Oh, how insulting.” he says making the others laugh. Jisu looks at Kibum. “I’m sorry Kibum, it’s just that now, I see you as a friend.” he says.

“Oh, using your own words against you.” Sungmin says as the others laugh. Kibum looks at him. “Ah, I see how it is.” he says laughing. “Maybe I just might accidently let one of your embarrassing secrets slip out when I’m around Daehyun.” he says. Reaching over the table, Jisu playfully slaps Kibum’s hand. “Don’t do that, he might think I’m a super dork.”

“But honey, you are a super dork.” Heechul says patting Jisu’s head making the others laugh.

 

~five hours later~

Kibum stretches as he follows the others out the restaurant. For the past few hours the six have been talking with each other about anything and everything. Now it was around 9’oclock and they’ve decided that it was time to finally head home and prepare for school the next day.

“Samona said she’ll be joining us tomorrow since she couldn’t come today. So shall we meet up here again after school?” Kibum asks as they stood together in front of the restaurant. The others nod. “Yeah, maybe this time we could actually try to study something.” Jisu says. Silence settles over the other five as they look around at each other before laughing.

“Yah, he said maybe. I bet most of us almost failed those practice exams.” Eunhyuk says. Kyuhyun shakes his head. “I didn’t.” he says. Donghae lightly pushes him. “That’s because you’re a genius. You don’t count.” he says. Heechul shrugs. “It’s okay. We’ll all just cram study like we usually do before exams.” he says.

Kibum shakes his head. “Such slackers.” he says. Kyuhyun nods. “I know, right?” he says making the others playfully push them away as they laugh. As they settle down, Sungmin looks at his watch. “Oh wow, it’s close to being 9:30.” he says making the others look at their watches.

“I guess that means that’s it for today.” Heechul says. The others nod. And with that everyone said their goodbyes before splitting off, going in their own direction to get home. Kibum being the only one alone since Eunhyuk and Donghae lived in the same direction while Heechul, Jisu, Kyuhyun, and Sungmin lived in another direction. The groups wave to each other from heading off home.

Walking down the street, Kibum sighs. He loved hanging out with the others. Jisu has even been hanging out with them all more and was actually fitting in nicely with them. Over the past months they’ve been so supportive, trying to get him back and joyful. And luckily it was working. He was even handling himself better when around Siwon and Yoona. He was finally coming to terms with everything and becoming okay with it.

Kibum stretches again as he walks into his apartment building. Walking up the staircase, Kibum makes his way down the hall and to his apartment door. Unlocking it and walking in, Kibum slides off his shoes before turning on the light and walking into the living room, sitting his bag down on the couch. Letting out a yawn, Kibum looks around. “Agh, don’t really feel like doing anything.” he says.

 Walking to his room, Kibum decides to change into sweatpants and a loose tee shirt before plopping down onto his bed. Sighing, Kibum stares at the ceiling. He didn’t really know what to do. He didn’t want to do school work nor did he feel like watching TV. “I’ll just go to sleep.” Kibum mumbles as he turns onto his side and closes his eyes.

Before Kibum could completely fall asleep, a knocking sound echoes throughout his apartment. Sighing, Kibum slowly sits up. “Well, should’ve seen that coming.” he whispers. As he stands up, the knock sounds off again. “Just a second! I’m coming!” he calls as he walks out his room. Kibum makes his way through the apartment and to the front door. Unlocking the door, Kibum pulls it opens.

“Oh, hey Siwon.” Kibum greets smiling. He then steps aside, letting the boy into the house. As Siwon takes off his shoes, Kibum shuts and locks the door back. “Wah, you are so lucky.” Kibum says. Siwon looks at him. “Oh, why?” he asks. Kibum walks past him and to the living room. “Because I was just a notch away from falling completely asleep. A second later and you would have been looking stupid as you stand out there knocking away.” he says.

“Ah, then it’s good that I make the decision to come now.” Siwon says. Kibum turns and look at the older boy as he walks into the living room. “Oh? Decision for what? What’s up?” he asks as Siwon stops walking when he’s a few foot from Kibum.  His question was met by silence as Siwon shakes his head, no knowing if he should say anything.

Kibum tilts his head as he watches. “Siwon, what’s wrong?” he asks. No thinking about it anymore, Siwon takes a step forward. Grabbing Kibum’s arm, Siwon pulls Kibum to him before bending down and kissing him.

Eyes widened, Kibum steps back, staring at Siwon. “S-Siwon, w-what a-are y-you d-doing?” he asks. As Siwon takes a step forward, Kibum takes a step back until his back was pressed against the wall behind him. Siwon places his hands on the wall on either side of Kibum. “I couldn’t do it.” Siwon says.

 

~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~

A.N.: Oh, Oh, what’s this?!?! Chapter 14 ending with Siwon coming to Kibum. :O

What do you think his reason was? Also what do you think Kibum will do?

This chapter and the next one was actually one full chapter but when I was done writing it, it was too long so I spilt it into two parts.

Anyways that’s Chapter 14 for you. Chapter 15 will be updated soon.