WTD? - Chapter 10

What's The Difference?

 

Chapter 10

~a month later~

“Kibum, I don’t think you should continue doing this.” says Ryeowook who sat next to Kibum in the class they were in. Kibum looks at him and shakes his head. “It’s fine. Everything just needs time and space.” he says.

“That may be true sometimes, but I’m with Ryeowook on this one.” says Kyuhyun, who sat on the other side of Kibum. “Siwon is getting really irritated.” he states. Kibum shrugs. “Huh? Why?” he asks. Ryeowook and Kyuhyun look at each other. They then look at Kibum.

“Oh, I don’t know. Maybe because of the fact that one of his closest friends has been dodging and avoiding his for four straight weeks.” Kyuhyun says. “You know that person he used to talk to and hang out with literally almost every day. And out of nowhere, without any explanation they decided to stop all connections.” he adds.

Kibum stares down at the table in front of him. After a minute, he sighs. “It’s just… it hurts being next to him.” he says. The other two nods. “Yeah… but doesn’t it hurt even more not having him around you?” Ryeowook asks.

Kibum nods. “Yeah, but I don’t know how to deal with this.” he says. How am I supposed to act when I’m around him? What about when I’m around him and Yoona together?” he asks. “I don’t want to do something or say something that’s going to make him mad at me… I know this isn’t better, but I just don’t know what else to do.” he says.

Ryeowook pats Kibum on his back. “Hopefully things will get better.” he says. Kibum nods. “Yeah, if I’m lucky.” he whispers. Minutes later the bell rings. The three stands up with the other students and begin packing their books.

Once they finished placing their things in their bags, the three walk out the classroom. The three walk down the hall toward the nearest exit. “So, what do you two have planned for the rest of the day?” Kibum asks. Ryeowook and Kyuhyun shrugs.

“I have a date tonight with Yesung.” Ryeowook says. Kyuhyun nods. “I’ll just be hanging out with Samona and Changmin. Doing whatever we decide to do.” he says. Kibum looks at him. “Yeah, probably going to cause trouble like always.” he says. “I think I’ll go see what Heechul and Donghae are doing.” he says.

“Hey guys.” The three stop and turn to see Siwon walking toward them. Ryeowook and Kyuhyun look at Kibum out the counter of their eyes.  “Hey Siwon.” Ryeowook greets with a smile as Siwon stops in front of them.

“What’s up?” Siwon asks. The three shakes their heads. “Nothing much. Going over our plans to hang out with others later.” Kyuhyun says. Siwon nods. “What about you?” Ryeowook asks. Siwon shakes his head. “Nothing much. Nothing planed.” he says.

He then turns and looks at Kibum. “I need to talk to you.” Siwon says. Kibum looks at him and shrugs. “Okay, what’s up?” he asks. Siwon shakes his head. “No, alone.” he says. Kibum blinks. “Oh, umm…”

Kibum looks toward Ryeowook and Kyuhyun. While Ryeowook shrugs, Kyuhyun shakes his head. “So… To escape his moment, I shall go help Ryeowook pick out an outfit for his date. We’ll see you two later.” Kyuhyun says. Before Kibum could say anything, Kyuhyun takes Ryeowook’s arm and pulls him away.

As Kibum yells at Kyuhyun in his head, Siwon looks at him. “Come on.” Siwon says taking Kibum’s arm and pulling him away. Kibum lets Siwon drag him through the crowded hallways. The two finally stop walking when they come to an empty hallway.

As they stop walking, Siwon lets go of Kibum’s arm and turn to him. “So, what’s going on?” Siwon asks him. Kibum shrugs. “Nothing much.” he says, acting coy. Siwon frowns. “Kibum, you know what I mean.” he says.

Kibum shakes his head. “No, I don’t.” he says. “Everything is fine.” he says. Siwon raises a brow. “Oh really?” he asks, to which Kibum nods. “Really? Then why, may I ask, is my closest friend avoiding me?” Siwon asks. “No answering my calls? Not hanging out with me? Why the hell does he run away whenever I go near him?!”Siwon asks.

As Siwon’s voice rises, Kibum takes a step back. Kibum then shakes his head. “It’s nothing…” he says. “Just give me time.” he adds. Siwon tilts his head. “Time? Time for what?” he asks. “What’s wrong?”

Kibum shakes his head again. “It’s nothing for you to worry about, okay.” he says. Siwon frowns again. “No, not okay. I will worry about it. Whatever it is, it’s causing you to stay away from me, and that worried me. Kibum, tell me what’s wrong.” Siwon demands.

Kibum looks down at the floor. Maybe it was time to tell Siwon. Sure it’ll of course hurt when Siwon rejects him, but at least afterwards some of the pain might go away and he could be around Siwon again.

After a minute, Kibum lets out a shaky breath. “Okay… umm…I…” he stops and clears his throat. “The r-reason behind t-this is b-because I-I-” Kibum is cut off by the sound of his phone ringing, making him jump.

Digging into his pocket, Kibum pulls out his phone. Pressing the answer button, he presses it up to his ear. “Hello?” he answers.

“Hey, Kibum.”

“Is something wrong?” Kibum asks as he steps back and turns away from Siwon.

“No, nothing’s wrong.”

“So, why are you calling me?”

“Because I need to talk to you.”

“Okay, what is it?”

“No, I need to talk to you face to face.”

“Why? What’s the difference?”

“I’ll rather talk to you face to face.”

 

Kibum looks at Siwon out the corner of his eye. He then lets out a sigh. “Okay fine. I’ll be there in a couple of minutes.” he says. Kibum lets out another breath as he hangs up the phone.

Slowly, Kibum turns back to Siwon. “Umm… I have to go.” he says. Siwon frowns. “Wait, Kibum…” Siwon says stepping forward. Kibum shakes his head as he steps back. “Just… Just give me time, please.” he says before turning and running away down the hall.

Kibum continues to run out the building, off campus and down the street. He didn’t realize that he ran the whole way until he was standing in front of the usual restaurant. As he tries to catch his breath, he places his hand over his heart.

It was beating rapidly and he knew it wasn’t mostly because of the running. His heart has been beating loudly in his ears since Siwon approached him, Ryeowook, and Kyuhyun. He was surprised that they didn’t hear it too.

Once he was able to breathe regularly again, Kibum walking into the restaurant. He looks around until he spots the person he was to meet. Sighing, Kibum walks toward the table. Stopping in front of the table, Kibum places a hand on his hip.

“Hey Jisu. I’m here, what do you want?” Kibum asks. Jisu looks up and smiles. “Hey. Sit down.” he says. Kibum shakes his head. “I have to meet up with Samona soon, so I don’t have time to sit and talk.” Kibum informs. “Now, what’s up?” he asks.

Jisu tilts his head. “I wanted to ask you out on another date.” he says. Kibum sighs. “Jisu…” he starts. Jisu shakes his head. “Kibum, just think about it okay?” he asks. “Just think it over and don’t just throw away the idea easily.” he says.

Kibum sighs and nods. “Fine. I’ll give it some serious thought, okay.” he says. Jisu nods and smiles. “Okay, I’ll see you later.” Kibum says before turning and walking out the restaurant.

 

~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~

A.N.: And that’s Chapter 10.

Oh, Kibum almost told Siwon, but failed in the end. -.-; XD

But it also seems that Jisu has yet to give up on Kibum. He might be able to pull Kibum back to him. Siwon better take notice.

 

Anyways, hope you like this chapter. Next update should be soon. ^-^