THE SADDEST DAY IN HIS LIFE

DIRTY LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

SILENCE welcomed Nichkhun once he went out from his bedroom after awoke from his sleep, and he almost get used with this environment since he moved into this beautiful double-storey house. Now, he wished that Victoria would be at home, so he could have a talk with her but all he got was nothing since few days ago. Since the day they fought last time, Nichkhun did the best to approach her but Victoria would keep running away from him. She would go to work early in the morning and when night come, she would lock herself in her room. Counting the days, it had been almost a week they hadn't talk to each other beside arguing if they bumped with each other in this house.

     “Oh God, when this torture will come to the end?” he sighed heavily as his eyes glued at Victoria's bedroom door, which her room located at the opposite site. When he turned around to walk into his room, a piece of yellow sticky note on the door caught his attention.

     'Don't forget about tomorrow event,' he stared long at the beautiful hand writing note with heavy heart. Although Victoria didn't write it specifically, he knew what she meant about. Two days ago, he received the call from Auntie Ling and he was totally in shock when she suddenly mentioned about the party for his birthday this weekend, which was tomorrow. He extremely disappointed and mad with Victoria because she told him nothing about Auntie Ling's plan, but he pretended that Victoria did tell him when Auntie Ling asked him about it. As the result, they ended up had another big fight after he forced Victoria to come out from her bedroom as soon he returned from the club.

     'If you disagree with my Mom's plan, call and tell her that you don't want to attend that party! Go and ask her to forget about it! I also wish that you can't make it, so I don't need to spend my days do the stupid acting with you!' Victoria's words at that night still echoed in his ears, and he still remembered her look before she slammed the door in front his face. Her eyes were so full of hatred and anger toward him, which made his heart suddenly roared in pain when he saw it. How torturing her childhood was until he saw an extremely deep and endless hatred in those beautiful eyes? He stuck back the note at the door and stared at it again.

     “I just can't break her heart,” he said in weak tone. He could imagine how sad Auntie Ling would be if he rejected her good intention to celebrate his birthday, and he just couldn't tell everyone that it was an event he hated the most to celebrate it in his life.

     “Tomorrow will be the tough and long day for me. Wish yourself the best of luck, Khun,” the time now was 9 a.m and only about 15 hours left for the saddest and painful day in his life to appear and tortured him again.

 

VICTORIA walked back and forth inside her room and sometimes she would stop for a while before she continued again. What made she looked so restless and distracted at that moment? The small-sized of cubic box which had been wrapped nicely with beautiful wrapping paper and purple ribbon on top was one of the reasons behind it. The more she looked at it, the more she felt want to throw it away. Was she crazy to buy Nichkhun a birthday present?

     “No, it isn't crime to do so. Plus, I just buy it, so Mom will not get suspicious on us,” Victoria told herself to ease her anxiety. That was true. The present she bought for him was only a part of their acting, but something still hadn't been unexplained yet. What did it mean when she spend all day long in shopping mall to find the best give for him? Was it also an acting only? She could simply buy him anything, but she spent hours walked around the mall with high heels until her legs tired. At the end, she bought him an expensive wrist watch as the gift.

     “Will he look good if he wear this?” she imagined how he would look like with her present but it was only for few seconds before she restrained herself from think about him more. What the used to think about it. He wasn't her real husband anyway, plus the anger toward him still hadn't disappeared inside her. She realized it had been almost a week she avoided him, yet he still tried hard to approach her as best as he could. While she was in trance, the sudden knock on the door distracted her and her assistant, Sulli, popped her head through the door ajar from outside.

     “Madam, are you not going home?” her questioned realizing Victoria that time already 10 p.m, and the shop had stopped operating.

     “Oh Sulli, not yet. I still have something to finish up. You can return home first,” she said with smile on her face. Tomorrow was Nichkhun's birthday and what was more important than having a delicious cake in birthday party? So she needed to bake one for him after this. Not long after Sulli left her office, Victoria went out and made the way to kitchen. All the ingredients had been prepared but there was still one problem needed to be solved immediately.

     “What to do now? I don't know what kind of flavor does he like,” she stared long at those ingredients on the kitchen counter with lost face. To ask Nichkhun directly, just forgot about it because she absolutely wouldn't do it. Looking at his face or listening to his voice only made the anger inside her wanted to explode and because of that, she didn't know whether she could act well in front Auntie Ling tomorrow or not.

     “Strawberry, vanilla, or chocolate?” her fingers pointed at each flavor, and she repeated it several times until she decided to choose Auntie Ling's favorite flavor.

     “Vanilla. It's not my problem if you dislike my cake as long as my mother surely will love it,” her hand reached for vanilla flavor and started beat the flour, sugars, eggs and other ingredients in a bowl. Along its process, she did enjoy until her lip curved a very pure and sincere smile. That was why she loved this job so much. The hatred and pain from past were replaced with these beautiful feelings everytime she inhaled the sweet scent of pastries. Without realized, only few minutes left for a new day to appear.

     “Done!” by just pouring the mix into the greased round-shaped pan was enough to make she felt excited and happy, liked the cake had baked and done its decoration. The smile on her pink lip became wider after imagined how the decoration of cake would be, but it died when the sudden bell sound from the big clock hit her eardrum.

     “Oh, it's already 12 at midnight,” June 24th had appeared and sure it would be such a blissful day to Nichkhun when she became the first person sent him the birthday message, only if their marriage was real.

     “Right now, he must have fun with s but I'm here, waste my time to bake him cake,” she murmured with pouted mouth before put the pan inside the hot oven.

 

EXACTLY 12 at midnight, Nichkhun received text message from someone whom never forgot about his birthday. Right now, he was resting alone inside the underground room of Blue Moon, and heavy sigh escaped from his mouth when he re-read the text message. How he supposed to react now? Smiling? Laughing? Or crying? The sender of the message was the only person that knew all his dark secrets that he tried to hide from everyone.

     “You know that I don't deserve to receive this kind of wish from everyone, don't you?” he said in painful tone. Without hesitation, his long finger pressed 'delete' button and turned off his phone after that. While he was in his own painful world, the sudden knock on the door dragged him back into the reality. The knocking continued for several times until it made Nichkhun felt annoying.

     “Guys, what are you doing?! Just come in,” he shouted in annoying from inside. The underground rooms in this club were exclusive for the workers only and there were people guarded at the entrance of hallway. At first, he thought it must be one of s but when the knocking sound didn't stop, it must be someone else and decided to open the door.

     “Who is...,” before he abled to finish the sentence, someone had thrown cake to his face as soon he opened the door. Then the laughing of familiar voices hit his eardrums, which made Nichkhun realized that he had fallen into s' trap.

     “Haha, happy birthday, Khun!” to make his condition worse, Taecyeon smeared the cake on his hair and arms while the other members sang the birthday song to him. Nichkhun stiffed in position as he didn't know what response he should gave to them. Happy? Sad? Considering the effort they had made, Nichkhun chose to act happy in front of . They prepared a lot to celebrate his birthday tonight.

     “Yah, you guys...aishh,” he pretended to be sulky as his hands cleaned the sticky cake from his face. Anyway, this day used to be the happiest day in his life before it turned out to be the day he hated the most.

     “Happy birthday, Bro. Yah, finally we are able to celebrate your birthday on the right day,” Wooyoung wrapped his arm around Nichkhun's shoulder and laughed hardly, but it died next few seconds when Nichkhun took revenge by smearing the cake in his hand on Wooyoung's face.

     “It's not fun at all if I'm the only one who can taste this cake. I think you guys should taste it also,” the other seemed could read his mind and all of them immediately ran away when Taecyeon became the second victim of him.

     “Yah, where you guys want to run away? Come here!” the space along the hallway became noisy plus the loud sound of music from the dance floor, Nichkhun continously chase after them. Only if there was no smear of cake on his face, all his friends might notice he was crying at that moment. There was sadness inside his fake laughing but no one noticed it, no one and he continously bore the sadness alon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter