THE HEART-WRENCHING PAST OF THE PRINCE

DIRTY LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

VICTORIA knew that since she met Nichkhun, her life was full of lies. From the moment she introduced him to Auntie Ling until today, she had been living to deceive people around her. If one day the secret of their fake marriage was leaked out, she could imagine how hurt and sad Auntie Ling would be. She could feel it because she was experienced it now. The painful throbs on her temples became severe as she no longer could hear about Nichkhun's lies from his brother. She didn't know why she must feel upset to discover about his real identity and hanging down her head to hide her teary-eyed.

     Her chest became tight until she couldn't even breath properly. Everything that Nichkhun had told her since they met were all lies except about his mother. The story about his dead father and family background were fake. He had a father, a brother, yet he told her that he had no one left in this world. Victoria really didn't understand why he must deceived people around him about his family. While she was thinking the reason of his action, Nichkhun only silent next to her.

     “At first, I thought that you delayed to return home because of your secret marriage, but I was wrong. You actually afraid that she will discover who you are. Khun, I can't believe that you hide this from your wife,” Nichan said in regret. He actually didn't know about Nichkhun's marriage until he asked his people to eye his brother.

     “Didn't I tell you that I will return home soon? I only asked you to give me little more time, is that too hard for you to do so?” although his tone was calm, it was obvious that Nichkhun was trying to suppress his anger toward Nichan.

     “But how long I've to wait for you, Khun? Wasn't a year that I'd gave you still not enough for you to make the decision? I've waited you enough and I'm tired to ask you to return home. Dad is sick and you know well that Mr.Hyun and his people try to chase us out from our own hotel. I terribly need your support, for I can't save the hotel alone,” he burst out in upset, which made Nichkhun dropped his face in guilt. He knew that for the past few years, he had left all the burden to Nichan's shoulders and ran away from home.

     He said nothing but comfort him, saying that if leaving home was the only way to cure his wounded heart, then he would wait for Nichkhun to return to his side. Nichan promised that he wouldn't find him but not ended their relationship. For two years they only kept in touch through phone until last year, he broke the promise because of their father's health condition. Nichan searched him and pleaded him to return to hotel, but he wasn't ready to become Horvejkul again.

     “Please, Khun. I need you. Plus, Dad's condition is worsening. I afraid that you will have no more chance to meet him if you refuse to come home now,” he added in persuasive tone. Victoria had heard enough, and she needed the time to accept all these hurtful lies.

     “I can't take it any more!” she went away with teary-eyed and when Nichkhun was about to follow her, Nichan spoke again.

     “I know my sudden visit have troubled your marriage but for the sake of our family and Sky World, I beg you to forget what Dad had said to you. You do know how meaningful that hotel to Dad and late Mom, don't you?” the moment he mentioned about their father, Nichkhun's heart shattered into pieces again. If that plea came out from his father's mouth, how blissful Nichkhun would be if it truly happened. He spoke nothing and left Nichan alone to search for his wife.

     Nichkhun knew that it must hard for Victoria to accept this because it happened so sudden, but he was also having a hard time today. He entered her room and saw she was sitting on bed side with dropping head. Her reaction obviously reflected the emotion inside her; hurt, confuse, anger, and disappointment.

     “Qian...I..” he lost word when she abruptly stood up and slapped him. He didn't surprise, for he had predicted for this thing to happen. His cheek hadn't recovered from sting sensation and now his broad chest became the victim of her hard punches.

     “Liar!! You are liar!!” she madly hit him, but he stiffened as if he willing to be her punch bag. That made she angrier and much more confused with her own reaction. Why she must felt upset about him deceiving her? Why must she felt mad when she also was deceiving people around her? Feeling that her cheeks became wet with tears, she quickly turned around to wipe it.

     “Hadn't I told you before that I'm prince from Sky World, had I? You were the one who not believing me,” he spoke in calm tone, as if he was blaming her now. How could she believe him when from the beginning he had lied to her about his background? Although he had mentioned about his real identity several time, how could he expect her to believe when he told in playful manner?

     “I'm going to leave this place,” Nichkhun said faintly with hand touched her shoulder. To his surprise, Victoria didn't become as aggressive as just now. Actually she was too shocked to hear it from himself. She knew that Nichan persuaded him to return to his own family, but she was more surprised to know his decision.

     “Come with me. You said that you wanted to see my 'kingdom'. So, come with me,” now his voice was so closed to her ear as she could feel his muscular arms around her body.

     'If I ..if I really have to return to my 'kingdom', will..will you follow me?' the night before he went to Busan, he had asked her about this but there was no answer for it. Now he requested her to go with him, and what the answer that she should give to him now?

 

VICTORIA thought that she would only had the chance to see the beautiful mansions in magazines and television, but now she was able to visit one of them. The modernly designed Horvejkul Mansion captured her attention the moment Nichkhun drove the car passing the entrance gate. Nichkhun that she thought only made a living by singing in club and earning monthly payment from her as contract husband, was actually a prince that disguised himself as ordinary people. Victoria was thinking why he chose his current life rather than living in wealth at this place.

     Nichkhun stopped the car behind the red Mercedes and stayed still for a while. From her seat, she could see a group of butlers came out to welcome them, and the surprise obviously showed on their faces. Victoria looked at stiffened Nichkhun before eyed them again. Nichan stepped out from car and waited for him to come out, yet he didn't make any move. Victoria curious to know why he seemed hesitate to enter when he was the one who decided to return home.

     “I have not been here nearly three years,” he spoke and answered what inside her mind. There was a painful twitch inside her the moment his lips curled a bitter smile. What exactly had happened between he and his family? She followed him when he stepped out from car, and she had decided to discover the world that he had been trying to hide it from her.

     “Khun, this is your home. Our home,” Nichan spoke as if he knew that his brother wasn't ready to return here. Nichkhun stared at him before he gently grabbed Victoria's soft hand. He was cool until she could sense the faint tremble when he held her hand. Inhaling deeply, he entered the mansion and dragged her along beside him.

     “Khun, you are here!” suddenly an excited voice echoed from one corner, and it was female voice. To Victoria surprise, she was the same woman that she saw with Nichkhun on the day she went to club.

     “Yoona,” Nichkhun's eyes sparkled in bright to see that woman running down from stairs toward him. So, she was the one who gave Nichkhun a phone call when they were in Incheon last time.

     “Hey, watch out, Sis! There is baby in your tummy,” he stated and caused Victoria's eyes widened in surprise. Yoona instantly stopped running, especially when Nichan glared at her with serious face. Because her tummy didn't bulge out yet, she nearly forgot that she was in 3 months of pregnancy. Victoria wondered who was she exactly, and she forced to smile when their gazes met.

     “Oh my God! Who is she, Khun? Is this beautiful woman my sister-in-law?” Yoona asked in surprise tone. Sister-in-law? Did it mean that Yoona was Nichkhun's sister-in-law, Nichan's wife? He nodded before introduced her to Yoona.

    “You are more beautiful from his description. Khun told me that he had very hard time when you saw both of us near the club last time. Seriously I had no idea that he had married at that time,” she explained. At that night, she went to meet Nichkhun to inform him about the conflict that occur among the board of directors. Nichan had hard time because their father had been admitted to hospital because his health condition worsened. Mr. Hyun and his people tried to incite other share holders that Nichan was too young to hold the Chairman post and afraid if he couldn't handle the hotel properly. As a wife, she couldn't bear to see it. He kept saying that Nichkhun would return soon and asked her not to worry about it .

     'Thanks Sis for staying by Hyung's side. I'm such a terrible and irresponsible brother,'

    'You know how much he loves you right? Even though you are mad with Dad, please don't throw away the only brother you have,' the conversation on that night played again in Nichkhun's mind, and this was the part where Victoria accidentally saw him hugging Yoona after that. Victoria embarrassed after found out that Nichkhun had told Yoona about her stupid jealousy over her.

     “Khun, let's meet Dad now,” Nichan interrupted in faint voice, causing the smile on Nichkhun's lips instantly died. His gaze then shifted to Victoria, but she was too stupid to know why he showed that kind of face. There was a closed room on first floor, and she assumed that Nichkhun's father must be inside there when he led her to that direction.

     She was a bit nervous to met her father-in-law for the first time but soon the door was opened, she only found an old man lying stiffly on the bed. He was wearing an oxygen mask with several dripping tube inserted to his veins. Later she found that he had been in coma state for few weeks after the cardiac surgery. Nichkhun approached that man with eyes never left him and before she could follow him, Nichan said something to her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter