UNEXPECTED NEWS

DIRTY LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

VICTORIA cautiously drove the car on slippery road to Angel Pastry and when the car stopped at traffic light, she glimpsed around with smiling face. Time did fly so fast until she didn't realize that today was Christmas Eve. The thick snow covered the side of roads, and Christmas trees could be seen everywhere. People around looked so happy and when she shifted back her gaze to the road, her eyes fixed at her wedding picture on dashboard. This picture had been inside here since Wooyoung bought the couple dashboard photo frames as the housewarming gift for them. Nichkhun put this inside her car, so she could look at their picture whenever she missed him.

     Ever since he had been appointed as CEO, he did really spent less time with her. During this period, he frequently went aboard for business, and she didn't have chance to discuss seriously about their divorcement. Victoria continued driving when the red light turned green and maintained the safe speed until she arrived at shop. Since today was Christmas Eve, all her workers were dressing up liked Santa Claus. There were quite a lot of customers today since all foods in the shop were sold for 50 percent discount from the original prices. Victoria saw bunch of couples having meals together, which this view reminded her to Nichkhun.

     'Honey, I might can't spend Christmas with you this year. It's impossible for me to return to Korea when there are bunch of works need to be settled here. I'm really sorry,' Nichkhun apologized when he called her from United States yesterday. Tomorrow was Christmas and the next day was Auntie Ling's birthday. So she decided to celebrate Christmas and her birthday at the same time, and this party would take place in Horvejkul Mansion. After putting her stuffs in office and changed into white uniform, she headed straight to kitchen.

     Today the shop would be closed earlier, so they needed to settled all the unfinished jobs quickly. Victoria busied to finish the cake that had been requested by customer yesterday, and she suddenly nauseated when her assistant placed a bowl of whipping cream in front her. Victoria instantly stepped backward with hand covered her nose. Gosh, why this cream smelt so bad?!

     “Luna, why this cream smells so bad?! Change to new one!” Luna surprised when she rose her voice, so did all the workers in the kitchen. Victoria herself didn't know why she must be mad, but she seemed couldn't control her temper today. Her head suddenly became dizzy, plus her nausea seemed getting worse.

     “But..but Madam...I just make this cream. It's impossible it have turned bad this quick,” Luna explained carefully, for she afraid if she might offend Victoria. Victoria wanted to taste it, but she was in verge of vomiting only by just looking at it. At the end, she asked Luna to finish this cake before walked out from kitchen.

     “Omo, Madam. Are you okay? You look so pale” Sulli approached her in worry, and her statement quite surprising Victoria. She was extremely fine this morning but not after smelt that whipping cream. She declined when Sulli wanted to assist her to office and after arrived there, she weakly slumped herself onto couch. Why she fell unwell all of sudden? The throbs on her temples getting severe and as if Sulli knew that she was in pain, she came to her office with some medicines.

     “Madam, are you sure that you are fine? Do you want me to call your husband?” when she mentioned 'husband', Victoria didn't know why she wanted to cry at that moment. All her workers still didn't know about Nichkhun's real identity, and she shook her head when Sulli wanted to reach her phone.

     “He isn't in Korea anyway. I'll be fine after take some rest,” after swallowed two tablets of paracetamol, she lied weakly on couch with one arm rested on forehead. After Sulli left her alone, tears streamed down from the corner of her eyes. Why she was crying right now? She was fine this morning, then she suddenly getting mad, and now she was in upset. Victoria didn't know what had happened to her, but inside her mind now was only had Nichkhun. How she wished him to be by her side now, but it was totally impossible to happen. He was busied with his works while she was suffering here with sudden sickness.

     “I hate you, Khun,” she curled her body into ball whilst crying from missing him.

 

HER eyelids fluttered before they opened slowly. She didn't know for how long had she slept, but her surrounding was getting dark. Victoria glanced at her watch and realized that it was almost the time to close the shop. She woke up from lying with light-headed and no longer felt nausea liked this morning. This sudden sickness made she did nothing but rested all the time, which she really felt sorry toward her workers since she didn't help much today. Victoria startled when the door suddenly was opened from outside, and she was expecting Sulli to come inside.

     “Hi,” her eyes turned wider soon the person whom she hated yet missed at the same time was in front her right now. What was he doing here? Victoria stiffened on couch, but her eyes followed every steps that he made toward her. Almost a week they were apart, this was not something that she expected when they met again. Her effort in this one week to adapt herself to her old life before she met Nichkhun had destroyed the moment she saw him again. She thought that she would feel nothing, but her heart was racing so fast right now.

     “Why are you here? You said that you couldn't come home yesterday,” she asked after he sat beside her. Nichkhun gently her face before kissed her lips. He kissed her with longing and passion until she almost broke into tears. Victoria didn't understand why she must felt overwhelmed with his kiss and much more to let him treated her so. Had she forgotten who was kissing her right now? How could she willingly accepted the intimate touches from the person that she hated the most in her life?

     “I was going to give you a surprise, but you were the one who giving me great shock. When I arrived just now, Sulli told me that you are not feeling well and rest here since morning. Do you not take your meal properly when I'm not around?” she didn't answer him but stared long at his face until he suddenly lifted her up from couch. Victoria surprised yet quickly clung around his neck when he carried her in bridal style.

     “We are going home now,” his fingers reached her bag before left the office. Her face instantly turned red thought that he was going to carry her until they reached the car. Wait, then her workers and people outside there would be watching it.

     “Wait, Khun! I can walk...,” Nichkhun hissed while shooting her sharp glare, causing her to instantly shut . Although it was embarrassing, but she pleased to be treated so. Wasn't this what she wished this morning? Her workers gasped in surprise and envy to see that scene, and Victoria quickly hide her face on his shoulder.

     “Sulli, I'm going to take her home now. Please take care everything here,” Nichkhun requested her assistant politely, and she only nodded in daze. He then took her into his Mercedes and even from the car, she could see that people in the shop were still watching them. Were they jealous of her? Why? Was it because of the way Nichkhun treated her? Suddenly she doubted whether he really concerned about her or did he only put on act, so women around would fall into his charm?

 

SINCE today was Christmas, the maids were happily decorating the Horvejkul Mansion with Christmas trees and colourful bells. After all the preparations for dinner had done, they all could leave to celebrate Christmas with family and members. The Horvejkul brothers were happily arranged the gifts under the trees and at that moment, they looked no different with small kids. Maybe since this was the first Christmas after Nichkhun had returned, these two brothers were very excited to celebrate it together.

     The snowing night was such a bless from God, and they happily celebrated Christmas and Auntie Ling's birthday at that night. Tomorrow Nichkhun had to fly back to United States to finish his jobs, and they were going to be apart again for about one week. After dinner, Victoria quietly went out to garden to enjoy the snowing night. Today was December 25th, means they had about 105 days left before this contract marriage end. As the day passed , her fear was getting worse. She didn't know what to explain to her mother later abo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter