Seatmates

Sunny and the Bunny

 

"Have you heard about the new student? Omo! He's a guy, from Seoul and more importantly, he's in our class!" Tiffany squeaked as she told Taeyeon about it. Taeyeon just shrugged her off and carried on texting with her phone. Tiffany huffed and banged Taeyeon's desk as she noticed she was being ignored, yet again, by her bestfriend.
 
"Nice talking to you again, Kim Taeyeon." Tiffany sarcastically said as Taeyeon looked at her with an apologetic look. "Mianhaeyo Fany, I'm texting Teukie sosaengnim.. W..what are you talking about again?" Taeyeon said but received an angry grunt from Tiffany. Taeyeon pouted and said sorry again.
 
"Neh, Fany.. Mianhae." Taeyeon said lowly. Tiffany looked at her scornly, "I know. Teukie sosaengnim is more important than me.. I'm JUST your bestfriend for crying out loud.. your freaking childhood friend who busted all the chubby girls who bullied you since preschool. Yeah.. I'm JUST not worth your listening time." Tiffany ended with a pout. Taeyeon chuckled at her. "Aigoooooo~ Stop getting jealous over sosaengnim, chingu~ You know I love you more than him." Taeyeon cooed as she ruffled Tiffany's hair. "Yeah.. right,"
 
"So what's about this new guy?" Taeyeon started, totally ignoring the fact that Tiffany was angry with her. "Just text sosaengnim.. Pshhh." Tiffany snapped. Taeyeon snickered a grin. "I hope he's cute.. like a rabbit.."
 
"Rabbit?" Tiffany turned to look at her this time. "Yeah?" Taeyeon said. "Rabbits are cute~ I recently owned one.. Junsu Oppa bought me one last night and guess what I named it.." Tiffany rolled her eyes as she uttered, "Must be related with Eeteuk sosaengnim." Taeyeon laughed. "No, I named it Taefany,"
 
"That.. I suppose, may be the most unbelievable thing you will do." Tiffany said but Taeyeon just giggled. "Come on, don't be angry at me already.. jebal???" Taeyeon pouted as Tiffany slightly let out a smile. "Fine." Taeyeon cheered and locked arms with her friend. "Yah, but I hope the new student isn't cute.." Taeyeon threw Tiffany a confused look. "Bwoya?"
 
"I want a tell, y, luscious, muscly guy~ Ahhh~!! I can almost foresee that the transfer student is like that~" Tiffany dreamily sighed as Taeyeon laughed beside her. "What the hell mushroom.." She knocked her friend's head.. "I wonder what's on your y mind right now." Taeyeon said as Tiffany scowled beside her. "Yah, Pabo. I don't even think what you think I'm thinking." She spat but Taeyeon smirked, "But it seems you know what I was thinking that you were thinking ne?" Tiffany blushed but just turned away from her friend.
 
"Yah.. Fany.." Jessica, who was sitting at the back of Tiffany, nudged her. "Bwo Sica?" Tiffany asked. "I heard something about the transferee." Jessica answered. Tiffany beamed and leaned over Sica's desk. "T..tell me!!" She squeaked but Jessica just sighed. "It might be disappointing for you though,"
 
"Waeyo?"
 
"He's not that tall, handsome, manly guy." Jessica whispered to Fany's ear. "Where did you get that?" She asked Jessica. "From Donghae.. he said he's living in their house." She answered as Tiffany nodded. "Yeah, Hyukie also told me about that. He said the new guy's super cute!" Hyoyeon butted in as Tiffany cried dramatically, "Aish. My dream seemed a shattered piece of jar now!!!!" She sighed, making Hyoyeon, Taeyeon, and Jessica laughed.
 
"Jar? LOL." Taeyeon squeaked beside Tiffany but Tiffany didn't mind her. "Yah, where's Sunny and Shiky? Class is about to start.." Taeyeon asked Hyoyeon and Sica as they were the ones who were living together.
 
"Soo's heartbroken, bet she won't go to school today. While Sunny.. she's just late, I suppose." Hyoyeon said. Taeyeon nodded and continued on peering on her phone while Tiffany was still in the midst of her failure. "Are you still texting Eeteuk sosaengnim?" Hyo asked Taeyeon as she nodded slyly. "Yes. But he still doesn't know it's me." A frown fell on Taeyeon's face as she said those words.
 
The noise inside the classroom was muffled off as the door opened, revealing their English Teacher. Tiffany straightened herself up and dismissed her dramatic acting. Taeyeon dropped her phone on her pocket as Hyoyeon and Jessica waited intently for their instructor to speak.
 
"Good! Morning class!" The milky skinned teacher greeted in english. "Good morning Teacher Heenim." They chorused out. Heechul grinned widely, but not that wide, as he felt satisfied with the greeting. He wanted every student to call him Heenim because.. let's just say, he wants it that way.
"Very good man!" He said with that overtuned intonation. The class altogether sighed as they heard how Heechul spoke english so informally. They're used to it by the way.
 
"Well, As you may have already heard, there's a new student in our school and sadly, he's in your class." Heechul started as he turned to nod on his side, urging Sungmin to walk inside.
 
"You can come in now." He prompted as Sungmin nodded and started to prance his way in. All eyes were intently anticipating the new student as they peered to where he was coming. Suddenly, a loud squeal was heard.
"Yah!! Get outta my way.. I'm late!!!!" A girl yelled as she ran towards where Sungmin was. Sungmin knitted his eyebrows as he stopped on his tracks.
 
"Lee Sunkyu?" He muttered and it's too late that Sunny did realise that it's Sungmin in front of her. She was still running in such haste and speed and was completely flustered as she saw Sungmin. "B..Bunny plushy?!!" She tried to break her run off but ended up with a loud thud as she slipped off the floor, her things flying everywhere.
 
"AH..OUCH!" She landed on an.. ermm.. softer floor and thought twice if it's really the floor. She winced in pain as she seemed to knocked her head against a hard thing.
 
"Yah, Sunny-ah. What do you think you're doing?" She opened her eyes as soon as she heard how close the voice seemed. She gasped, "B...Bunny guy?.."
 
***
 
"Aren't you going to get off me?" Sungmin rolled his eyes at the girl whose face was apparently a mere inch apart from his. She was on top of him, both of her hands were tightly crumbled on his broad chest. He turned his head away from Sunny as she stared back at him intently.
 
"Bunny.. YOU!" She jerked upright and began to rubbed her eyes.
 
"Lee Sunkyu, oh god. you're late again for who knows how many times already?!" Heechul, with his narrow eyeglasses, said as he knitted an eyebrow to Sunny. Sunny quickly stood up and picked all of her belongings scattered on the floor. She bowed to her English teacher and greeted him, "Good Morning Teacher Heenim." She began in English and then went on with her korean, "Mianhaeyo for coming late again." She bowed so lowly with her eyes firmly closed. Heechul sighed and turned his sight over Sungmin, who was now standing beside Sunny.
 
"Lee Sunkyu, get into the classroom before I change my mind and give you detention." He muttered as Sunny almost jumped in joy. She bowed again before making her way inside the silent classroom, not even bothering to look at Sungmin again.
 
"Sunny-yah! What happened out there?" Jessica, who was sitting on the column across her, asked as soon as Sunny settled on her seat. She gave her a later look as Jessica put his thumbs up. "Where's Soo?" Hyoyeon then asked, Sunny shrugged and mouthed, "Not feeling well today." Hyoyeon and Jessica nodded there heads almost in synch. Soon after, Heechul went inside the room with Sungmin following him behind.
 
"This is the new exchange student, Lee Sungmin-sshi. He'll be joining your class 3-A from now on." Heechul told the class as Sungmin made a ninety degrees bow. "Lee Sungmin-imnida. Please take care of me."
 
Ugh. Who would think I'll meet him again. Sunny thought as she sighed deeply. Now I'm busted. She put her arms over her desk and buried her face in. "Aish."
 
"Sunny-ah, are you okay?" Kibum, who was sitting behind her, asked her in concern. She lifted her head up and turned to him, giving him a reassuring smile. "Deh, Gwenchanayo." Kibum flashed him a smile as she turned his head back to in front.
 
Aish. Soo... why do you have to be absent today of all days..?? She breathed out as she stared on the empty seat beside her.
 
"There! Sit there Sungmin-sshi. Beside Lee Sunkyu." As soon as Sunny heard her name being mentioned, she tensed.
 
Beside..Lee Sunkyu? She repeated to herself before realizing what the words meant. "But Heenim sosaengnim! Sooyoung owns this seat!" Sunny protested as she stood up harshly from her seat. Heenim wiggled his eyebrows and gave her a death glare. "Then I'll give Choi Sooyoung a new seat." Heechul ended the conversation with a cold look, leaving Sunny slumping back to her seat in defeat.
 
Sungmin inwardly snickered as he noticed how Sunny reacted. Sunkyu-yah. I'll definitely get back my plushy! Sinister laughs echoed inside Sungmin's thought as he made his way towards Sunny. He pulled out the seat beside her and settled comfortably before placing his bag under the desk. Turning to look over his new seatmate, he chuckled to himself as Sunny's back was facing him with her chin rested on her palms.
 
"Lee Sunkyu-sshi." He nudged her. No response.
 
"Lee Sunkyu.." He nudged her again on her shoulder. She slightly turned to look at him, only to find him grinning widely at her. Cute. She thought as his eyes captured her. She smiled weakly before noticing his outstretched hand. Aigoo. He's claiming the plushy, isn't he? Sunny thought before shaking her head. Sungmin tilted his head in confusion.
 
"Mianhaeyo. I promise to return your plushy tomorrow." Sunny quietly said. Sungmin chuckled, making Sunny looked at him in confusion. Sungmin held out his hand again and this time, reached for her hand. Blushing, she almost jumped at the touch, before turning her sight back on Sungmin. He shook hands with her and spoke, "I'm Lee Sungmin, nice to meet you Lee Sunkyu."
 
Sunny widened her eyes as she looked at their hands in a handshake. "Oh.. Ah yeah.. N..Nice to meet you too.." Sungmin took off her hand and placed it back safely on her lap. She was shocked at how the used to be rude guy became so nice all of a sudden.
 
"Sunkyu, eyes on the board. Heenim sosaengnim seems a strict teacher to mess with." He flashed her a smile which made her heart beat the fastest rate. "Y..Yeah.." She stammered as she fixed herself straight and looked directly on the board.
 
"Students, if you see a girl, you must say.. You are gorgeous. Now repeat after me," Sunny heard Heechul lectured but seemed lost into her thoughts as she was consumed with her heart loudly pounding inside her chest. On the corner of her eyes, she caught a sight on her new seatmate as he muttered, You are gorgeous.