Not so haunted Piano?

Sunny and the Bunny

 

***
 
Sunny's clutch on Sungmin's arm was becoming tighter and tighter as the creepy melodic sound coming from the piano lingered on her ears. Her knees trembled as she held on Sungmin for support.
 
"S..Sungmin-ah. T..The piano." She sputtered out as she swallowed after. She'd never been that frightened ever in her life.
 
Sungmin furrowed his eyebrows as he restrained himself from getting scared. The darkness in the room was enough for anyone to panic out and heck. The thought that they're locked up inside was adding to the creepy atmosphere.
 
Sungmin took a step forward, making Sunny that of flustered as she pulled Sungmin back.
"Yah. Where do you think you're going?" She asked. Sungmin shrugged her off.
"Towards the piano. There's got to be something in there."
 
"Are you crazy?!" Sunny hissed out, partly in a yell, partly in a whisper. But when Sungmin flashed her out a reassuring smile, she seemed to have been frozen on the spot.
 
"He's so cute.." She mumbled to herself as her eyes grazed towards his eyes, nose, lips- that smile was too cute to be real. Sunny shook her head, brushing off those useless thoughts when she remembered that it's not the right time to be awed by Sungmin's cuteness.
 
"I'm curious about the piano. How does it play all by itself?" Sungmin muttered, not a hint of scaredness on his voice. Sunny flailed his arm. "Paboya! There's a ghost. A pianist ghost."
 
"Eh! Now you're the pabo. There's no ghost." Sungmin claimed, making Sunny's eyes widen at him in disbelief. "I seriously can't believe you, Sungmin. The evidence is already in front of you."
 
And then all of a sudden, the music stopped. Silence was all around as Sungmin and Sunny exchanged glances.
 
"It stopped." Sungmin muttered as he pulled off from Sunny and bravely stepped in approach of the so called cursed piano.
 
Sunny was left behind, indecisive on whether to go after Sungmin or just stay put. But when she felt a cold whip of wind brushing her skin, she immediately dashed off beside Sungmin.
 
"What are you doing there?" Sunny asked curiously as she noticed that Sungmin was checking the insides of the grand piano. Lifting the wooden cover up, Sungmin saw something interesting that was hidden inside.
 
He chuckled. "I knew it."
 
"Yah. Why are you laughing?" Sunny asked again as soon as she heard the guy chuckling to himself. And when Sungmin turned to face her, he took her hand and placed something on it.
 
"What is this?" Sunny wriggled her brows as she peered over the object on her hold.
 
Sungmin sniggered as he took the thing from her. And as soon as he pressed the red button on the center, a familiar music played which made Sunny gasp out.
 
"T..THAT!" She could just yell out.
 
"Recorder." Sungmin smirked as he felt more like that little detective conan. "Someone had purposely put this into the piano to scare people off." He assumed before clicking the recorder off.
 
"Who could it be?" Sunny managed to ask, she wasn't feeling scared any longer. Instead, she was rather interested and curious on who was the one who put the recorder there.
"That's a really bad joke, whoever did this." She snouted as she foldered her arms across.
 
After a few more moments, Sunny heard the piano playing again at which she almost jumped out of her skin. But when she glanced beside her, Sungmin was no longer there.
 
Sungmin wholeheartedly put every key to its rightful melody as he hummed while letting his fingers drop on the piano keys. It had been a while since he had played the piano and he was actually surprised that he could still play it perfectly.
 
"You're really good at it." Sunny complemented before sitting beside Sungmin and watching him play. A soft, harmonious music, almost a romantic piece- it was how Sunny could describe it.
 
"I used to do this with my sister. I would play the piano and she would sing along. It's really nostalgic." He spoke as he hummed on the tune. Sunny smiled before asking, "Do you miss her?"
 
Sungmin nodded. "I do. She's the sweetest younger sister ever." He chuckled lightly before frowning. "I hope she's doing well even though I'm not with her."
 
Thinking about his busy parents, Sungmin couldn't help but to sigh out as he paused on playing the piano. Sure he was worried of his little sister, but he's certain that leaving her for the meantime would teach them both on not to be dependent on each other.
 
Suddenly, Sungmin heard a soft hum coming from the girl beside her. She wasn't out of tone, in fact, he was surprised that Sunny could actually sing well. He could just tell.
 
Sunny was closing her eyes which made it unobvious on Sungmin's side to stare at her face. The moonlight coming from the glass window made her face kind of blue.. But he found it still as pretty.
 
Soon after, Sungmin started playing the piano again, feeling real nostalgic as Sunny temporarily replaced her sister's voice.
 
***
 
Sooyoung, Jessica, and Hyoyeon, together with Donghae and Eunhyuk all met up at the front gates of their school. They all knew that the two missing people were still inside-particularly on the music room, fifth floor of the building.
 
"Heechul saengnim is really evil. Ah! How can he do this to Sunny.." Hyoyeon croaked as she foldered her arms while looking upon the school building.
 
"I know, right? His english isn't that good either. And he's making his failing students clean that haunted room. Aigoo." Jessica huffed as she heaved out a sigh. Donghae soothed her into his arm as he hugged her sideways.
"Sunny is sure fine, Sica." He told her as the girl was kind of convinced at her boyfriend's words.
 
"Aren't we going to go inside yet?" Eunhyuk inquired, shooting the question to Sooyoung who was glancing at her wristwatch every now and then.
 
"Just a moment, Kyuhyun said he's coming." She told Eunhyuk which made the latter groan tiredly.
"Ehhh! Kyuhyun-ah? He's going to be here in an hour, I bet." He puffed as he put his hands on his hips. But as soon as he said those words, Kyuhyun was seen dashing in approach of them. Sooyoung smiled relievely as she smirked at Eunhyuk.
 
"I'm sorry, I'm late. Sunny's missing, right?" Kyuhyun panted as he waved his hand at them all.
"Nae. Let's go find her.." Sooyoung grinned as she grabbed the guys arm and abruptly wrapped it around with hers.
 
"Oh.. Soo and her obvious gestures." Jessica chuckled as she fakecoughed. Hyoyeon tagged along with her as she giggled. "Not to forget, Kyuhyun and his obliviousness."
 
***
 
"Are you sure they're here?" Kyuhyun lowly asked as they reached the right floor where the music room was at.
 
"You know Heechul saengnim, it's like a tradition to him." Donghae peeped as all the others agreed with his words. They walked closer as they approached their target room on the far end. But even before they came nearer, they suddenly halted when they saw a man sleeping on the floor.
 
"Is he dead?" Eunhyuk asked which earned him a painful smack on the head courtesy of Hyoyeon.
"Aniyo, Hyukie. He's just sleeping." She claimed as she took note of the man's sleeping position. His hands were clasped together as he pillowed it under his head.
 
Jessica and Sooyoung crouched down and nudged the sleeping man who's based on his uniform was apparently one of the school guards who's supposed to be roaming around and not sleeping up in there.
 
"Ahjusshi. Yah. Wake up." Sooyoung nudged him even more and almost successfully the man fluttered his eyes opened and was surprised when he was welcomed by six students at that late evening.
 
He jerked up automatically in a stand as he cleared his throat.
"What are you all doing here? It's prohibited to go to school this late. Go home now."
 
"We're looking for our friends. Did ahjusshi by chance, notice them?" Kyuhyun immediately blurted.
 
The school guard knitted an eyebrow. "There's no one left in here."
 
"Have you already checked the music room though? They might be there." Sooyoung added as she pleadingly asked the school guard.
 
"Y..You mean.. They're there? Inside the music room? But I've just seen ghosts there.. Pleading for help." He told in some kind of a terrified voice. The group all shot him a confused look.
 
"Ghosts? Heh ahjusshi! You're too old to believe in those. Seriously." Eunhyuk chuckled but the school guard shook his head, rather sternly.
 
"I heard the piano playing just a few moments ago."
 
And the moment he said that, the light in the music room . And it was noticeable enough to grab everyone's attention.
 
"S..SEE! AAAHH! I'm going home now!" The school guard screamed as his terrified eyes illuminated his scaredy self. "I-If you want to check the room, here are the keys!!" He tossed the metallic keys to Donghae before practically dashing downstairs in a full rush.
 
"Ah~ such a scaredy ahjusshi." Jessica sighed before taking the keys from Donghae and taking the lead ahead as well.
 
Jessica turned to them and spoke, "I therefore conclude that Sunny and Sungmin are truly inside the music room." She pointed towards the room on the far dead end of the floor a few meters away. "And the reason why they couldn't go out is because the scaredy ahjusshi thought they are ghosts." She finished as she shook the keys on her hold.
 
"You can be a real genius sometimes, Sica." Sooyoung praised which earned her a bragging sneer from Jessica.
 
As soon as they reached the room, Jessica immediately unlocked the chain of the door. There was light inside as they heard chattering and laughing from indeed, their two missing friends.
 
"Are you sure it's haunted? It more seems like the two are enjoying it there." Eunhyuk marked which made all the others just shrug their shoulders.
 
Sooyoung took the initiative to swing the door opened.
"Sunny!" She shouted as soon as she sighted the girl holding a vaccuum cleaner with Sungmin beside her, teaching her how to use it. The two was in an awkward position as Sungmin was sort of embracing Sunny with his arms wrapped around the girl from behind. The room was already cleaned and polished, even the grand piano was out of dust.
 
"I told you, they enjoy it here." Eunhyuk teased in a sly voice, making Sungmin and Sunny move away from each other automatically.
 
"Sunny-ah. We're worried of you." Sooyoung pouted as she hugged her friend tightly. Sunny frowned. "My phone went dead. So as Sungmin's. That's why I wasn't able to contact you."
 
"And that ahjusshi locked us in here." Sungmin added as he approached the group.
"Sungmin-ah, I bet umma is getting worried now. We better get home." Donghae said as he patted Sungmin's back.
 
"Nae, we still have school tomorrow and it's freaking 1 a.m. now." Jessica quipped as she tiredly her heels. But when a grumbling sound was heard, they all froze.
 
"Was that a ghost?" Kyuhyun squeaked as he clung tightly on Sooyoung.
 
Sunny weakly sniggered as she rubbed on her tummy. "Aniyo. That's my stomach complaining."
 
***
 
"Ahh~! I almost called the police to help us find you Sungmin. Eat more, okay? And you, too, Sunny dear." Ryeowook ahjumma sighed as she served another bowls of rice which the two hungry people indulged.
 
The group were all gathered around the circular dining table as they watched the two dig into their meals.
 
"So, what's it like inside the music room? Wasn't it creepy there?" Hyoyeon asked curiously. Sungmin shook his head as he paused on his eating. "Not really. But we heard the piano playing by itself." He sneered, making them all gasp out to themselves.
 
"J..Jinjja?" Sooyoung asked this time. Sunny nodded. "Jeongmal. But it's not scary at all."
 
Sungmin raised an eyebrow. "Pfft. Look who's saying. You almost scratched my arm when the piano suddenly played."
 
Sunny rolled her eyes. "That's not true. I wasn't scared at all." Sungmin made face. "Whatever you say."
 
Kyuhyun butted in this time. "So, there really is a ghost there? And you two weren't scared?" He muttered out in question, disbelieving.
 
Sunny and Sungmin just grinned at them all. But when Ryeowook returned with new plates of kimchi and soup bowls, she joined the conversation.
 
"Are you talking about the haunted music room in Sooin High?" She inquired as she received nodding heads.
 
"HAHAHAHAHA! Oh.. That's really funny, kids." Ryeowook laughed out an ahjumma-ish laugh, making all of them twitch their brows in confusion.
 
"What's so funny, umma?" Eunhyuk innocently asked. Ryeowook waved her hands at her son.
"We actually made that room haunted. Yesungie and I."
 
Sungmin widened his eyes as he exchanged glances with Sunny.
"So, you were the ones who put the recorder in the piano, ahjumma?" Sungmin asked as he fished out the old looking recorder from his pocket.
 
"What's that?" Jessica interrupted as she questioned Sungmin. Ryeowook was still chuckling as he took the thing from Sungmin and played the music.
 
"Back our old high school days, Yesungie and I kind of want to have our private place. So we thought to put this in the piano to scare students and school guards off. And it actually worked. No one dared to come and interrupt our quality time." Ryeowook told them as he returned the recorder to Sungmin who had everything cleared to him.
 
"So there's really no ghost in there. Ah~ ara! That's why these two even cleaned the room." Sooyoung commented as Sunny grinned at her, throwing a peace sign.
 
"Chakaman." Jessica suddenly blurted, putting her fingers on her chin. Then she spoke, "It's impossible that Wookie ahjumma and Yesung ahjusshi are still responsible for the haunted music room."
 
Sungmin beamed, like a bulb had just lighted on his head. "The recorder's battery would sure be dead if it's still the same as that twenty five years ago."
 
"Yeah. You do have a point there, Minnie." Donghae inwardly highfived Sungmin as all the others were convinced as well.
 
Ryeowook shrugged. "I'm sure that it's the same recorder that we used though."
 
Sunny wriggled her eyebrows as she held her chopsticks sternly. "Then who could it possibly be?"
 
It was a few rounds of silence as they all pondered whoever had the guts to scare people off. Was it the school rebel, Junhyung? Or the greatest loner on campus, Minho? The principal's naughty son, Jiyong, could be a candidate too. Or maybe, it's the foreign student, Kevin? No, scratch that. Kevin is a sweetheart. Perhaps, it's that weird-looking, pink-haired librarian, Park Jia.
 
"OMO! I.. I think I know who it is!" Ryeowook squeaked out as her face was lit up in an excited manner.
 
"Who is it, umma?" Eunhyuk questioned. Ryeowook grinned before shyly smiling.
 
"There was this one time when some freshman kid saw Yesung and I in our private place. We were a senior by then and we were actually going to take the recorder from the piano." She paused before glancing up the ceiling as if the flashback scenes were being shown up there.
 
"I'm quite sure that I threw it on the bin. But assuming that that freshman saw us, maybe, he was the one."
 
"Do you remember who was it, ahjumma?" Hyoyeon slowly asked in a whisper. And when Ryeowook nodded, all of them peered towards the lady and waited for her to speak.
 
"He's a pretty cute kid." Ryeowook smiled. "And I heard that he's already a teacher in Sooin High now. An english teacher."
 

Ahaa! Yeah. Evil Heechul. XD aigoo. He just did that so he, in turn, would have a private place with *cough ME cough* lol
it's my birthdaaay!! tomorrow.. lol So yeah im updating. XD and i love Heechul!!♥ just sayin. haha
PLEASE DO COMMENT!! puhleaase?? comment=birthday gift to me ^w^